Intel Celeron Processor Vs. Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

Guest Vivskies

Guest Vivskies

What's the difference between the 2?

I'm customizing a computer, but right now, the computer comes with a Intel Celeron Processor 530 (1.73 GHz), and if I want to upgrade to a Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7250 (2.00 GHz), its going to cost me 200 bucks, so yeah.

Guest 白い雲

However aside from the topic, correct me if i am wrong but I have heard news about Intel making Celeron Duo processors...Anyone have any thoughts about whats going on there ? lol.

^ This could just be my ignorance as I don't have any first hand knowledge of how much better these new dual core Celerons are compared to the Core 2 Duos BUT....

2 x crap = crap

I'd still get a space shuttle than 2 honda civics...x.x

:)

it really depends on what you're doing.

If you're computer comes with a celeron processor im guessing the other parts in your computer aren't that great either.

if you're just gonna surf, watch videos, email, word.. then don't waste the money and upgrade. Of course it will be faster, but you could just use that money to buy a completely new computer in the long run.

it really depends on what you're doing.

If you're computer comes with a celeron processor im guessing the other parts in your computer aren't that great either.

if you're just gonna surf, watch videos, email, word.. then don't waste the money and upgrade. Of course it will be faster, but you could just use that money to buy a completely new computer in the long run.

Even so, I would still recommend a processor with a normal amount of fsb and cache over a high clocked Celeron which is crippled in almost every way possible other than the aformentioned (especially for the same price). Even if the computer was only used for casual day to day tasks, a budget Conroe would function just as well and at the same time provide noticeable performance difference for the occassional mid to higher end tasks/uses/applications. The only reason Celerons/Semprons sell are because the general consumer market still equates clock speed as the only factor to cpu power.

Even so, I would still recommend a processor with a normal amount of fsb and cache over a high clocked Celeron which is crippled in almost every way possible other than the aformentioned (especially for the same price). Even if the computer was only used for casual day to day tasks, a budget Conroe would function just as well and at the same time provide noticeable performance difference for the occassional mid to higher end tasks/uses/applications. The only reason Celerons/Semprons sell are because the general consumer market still equates clock speed as the only factor to cpu power.

i agree about your last statement...which i would add that thats why companies like amd have gone to a non-clock speed marketing nomenclature for their products (ie. athlon x2 4400, phenom 9700, etc. instead of p3 1.0ghz). if i worked for intel, id name my brand of cpu core10 x4 10000! big numbers sell big.

Archived