Clip of my talent show dance ^____^

Guest jho

Hyolee, BoA & Namie Amuro~
Hiiiiya^^ I was reaaally bored the other day (March break! Wheee ^^) so yeah.. My sister took a video of me practicing for my talent show dance this year. My friend (not present in the video) & I will be dancing to clips of Hyolee (10 Minutes, Anymotion), BoA (Valenti, Double, No. 1) & Namie Amuro (Want me Want me). Yeahhh.. Our talent show is pretty far off so we're not that great yet XD & we're not done yet so Anymotion isn't in the dance yet. Sooooo.. at this point I don't want anyone going "ZOMG YOU GUYS SUCK" >______< or anything.. TOO negative XD Oh yeah.. My sister decided to be humorous & she took a 2nd clip of the dance in various angles XD It looks realllly funny... So yeah you can check that out too :sweatingbullets: Clip #1: http://rapidshare.de/files/15423567/talentshow.AVI.html Clip #2 (different angles XD): http://www.sendspace.com/file/s5mh8l

Guest --sunshine

maybe if you try lipsynching with the music, it will look better. but you're really good. ^__^ and remember to post a clip of the actual clip of your talent show =PP

haha XDDDD

the angles one is really funny! your sister is such a good and funny camera girl!

Guest _xp0lished

OMG ITS YOU!!!!! hehe im from graydon and also doing a dance for the talent show... if you remember haha. at first when i saw the title of the thread i was like, "what if it was the dance from those two girls..." and it was really you. small world =]

OMG ITS YOU!!!!! hehe im from graydon and also doing a dance for the talent show... if you remember haha. at first when i saw the title of the thread i was like, "what if it was the dance from those two girls..." and it was really you. small world =]

LOL! I can tell by your display pic. My name is Joan ^^

Hahaha yeah it really is a small world XD You should post YOUR dance too! ^^

Guest hulie-oh

So basically, I'll keep this at a minimum since you guys are still practicing.

Stay with the beat. Some parts make me feel like you're taking all the moves and smoothly going from move to move without listening to what it is that you're supposed to follow. Does that make sense? It's sloppy... that's the right word. Be more definite with each move, even if it's not a hit and lock move. But with your hit and lock moves, definitely make that more definite. Otherwise, you'll achieve the sloppiness that I'm talking about. And pay attention to the song.

Your lack of personality or interest in what you are doing. You're constantly looking at the floor like you're concentrating too hard on your moves to show personality in each song clip. Look out, give a smirk, smile, seductive look, etc.

Make your moves BIGGER. That's what you really lack. It would be more interesting and watchable if you took every move to a higher level. Someone who keeps others entertained is someone who doesn't fear if his/her legs and arms fell off while dancing. You're a bit inhibited.

Oh, and I know that some of your moves are actually following a beat that isn't the main beat. Make those moves DEFINITE and ON THE SPOT so the audience knows what you are following.

Watch your hands. They can be a bit distracting.

I think I'll leave it at that. Although I do have a word of advice. Even though you are still practicing, you should ALWAYS practice like you ARE on stage. 150%. Slacking in movements during practice only means you're not up to par on stage.

That's a LOT of songs. I see you've incorporated the famous My Name fall in there.

Yeah, I believe Hulie-oh provided enough tips and advice.

Where did you learn the Want Me Want Me dance?

Guest pinkpiglet

I'm gunna give you some tips

mmm i feel that the song is fast but your dance moves are too slow for the songs. You have to move your body to the beat. You don't want to just memorize the dance moves and do whatever...you want to listen to the song and count in your head and match your dance with the songs.

I need some additude or some personality in this dance. Are you having fun? is this a fun song? is this a sad song? is this a scary song? make an expression.

i seem to notice that you have a lot of same dance moves so try different ones and see if they fit. When choreographing, listen to the music and match with the danace.

Last but not least...dance to express your feelings and have fun =]

That's a LOT of songs. I see you've incorporated the famous My Name fall in there.

Yeah, I believe Hulie-oh provided enough tips and advice.

Where did you learn the Want Me Want Me dance?

Ohh.. We learned all of the dances from watching the singer's PVs and performances.. So yeah it was pretty hard since we didn't have anyone showing us the moves, etc XD

Thanks for all the CC everyone ^___^ Greatly appreciated.

Guest xkiseki

err... i think hulie-oh summed it up pretty well. sicne you have so much time left before your, i think you'll be able to define your moves a lot more.

Guest stylistik ♥

Stay with the beat. Some parts make me feel like you're taking all the moves and smoothly going from move to move without listening to what it is that you're supposed to follow. Does that make sense? It's sloppy... that's the right word. Be more definite with each move, even if it's not a hit and lock move. But with your hit and lock moves, definitely make that more definite. Otherwise, you'll achieve the sloppiness that I'm talking about. And pay attention to the song.

Your lack of personality or interest in what you are doing. You're constantly looking at the floor like you're concentrating too hard on your moves to show personality in each song clip. Look out, give a smirk, smile, seductive look, etc.

Make your moves BIGGER. That's what you really lack. It would be more interesting and watchable if you took every move to a higher level. Someone who keeps others entertained is someone who doesn't fear if his/her legs and arms fell off while dancing. You're a bit inhibited.

Oh, and I know that some of your moves are actually following a beat that isn't the main beat. Make those moves DEFINITE and ON THE SPOT so the audience knows what you are following.

I think I'll leave it at that. Although I do have a word of advice. Even though you are still practicing, you should ALWAYS practice like you ARE on stage. 150%. Slacking in movements during practice only means you're not up to par on stage.

Guest ~azn_pwincess~

wooahh niice..

Guest ultaeja

you should post it on youtube cause i cant watch avi =[

Yeah, you should, because I second timzsta. I can't watch it neither. TT______TT..

Archived