Rooftop Collab~ me and Hsiang84

Guest ~azn_pwincess~

Guest ~azn_pwincess~
priginally by jay chou and landy wen
OMFG!!!! kevin (Hsiang84) SOUNDS SOOOO GOOD!@@@ he did all the mixing so yeah ^^;; hehehe... thanks ne!! i sound reeaaaaaaaaallly retarded~!! *cries* :tears: it was da microphones fault *rolls eyes* :phew: *cough* :rolleyes: keke.. but yeahh.. kevin is really good xD i stuff up A LOT!! soo yeahh.. T_________T BOo http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=63610

Guest sikkony

OMFG!!!! kevin (Hsiang84) SOUNDS SOOOO GOOD!@@@

he did all the mixing so yeah ^^;; hehehe... thanks ne!!

i sound reeaaaaaaaaallly retarded~!! *cries* :tears:

it was da microphones fault *rolls eyes* :phew: *cough* :rolleyes:

keke.. but yeahh.. kevin is really good xD

i stuff up A LOT!! soo yeahh.. T_________T BOo

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=500400

Wow Kevin you sound diff (could be me). Besides the fact that you're so clear now (nice mic), did you somehow force yourself to sing differently slightly? Since some of us think you sound like Jay Chow. There was one note at the end haha on the first section of the song, you sounded like Jay! You cannot escape from him! haha....

Nah, seriously you sing very well. Sound very relaxed in this song and excellent control. ^_^

Azn_princess - You were too unclear. But you sang well too, but it sounds muffled, must be the quality.

Guest Hsiang84

Soundclick must have deleted Steph's page again :mellow:

I upped it on my Soundclick link.

You guys can listen to it here

Kevin & Steph - 屋頂

Hey steph, go ahead and use this link in your post up there in case people misses my post.

it was da microphones fault *rolls eyes* :phew: *cough* :rolleyes:

i stuff up A LOT!! soo yeahh.. T_________T BOo

Yeah your microphone was really muffled and weird...

It's weird how it didn't seem like your microphone was picking up sinusoidal-like waveforms (usually it does...for me).

It had random noise too. Is it like...an integrated microphone inside your monitor or something?

Iremember wondering about why you sounded like you had stuffed nose. I guess it's because you did. haha

good job good job. Keep on practicing and recording (although i know it's hard to find times when parents aren't home. hahaha)

Wow Kevin you sound diff (could be me). Besides the fact that you're so clear now (nice mic), did you somehow force yourself to sing differently slightly? Since some of us think you sound like Jay Chow. There was one note at the end haha on the first section of the song, you sounded like Jay! You cannot escape from him! haha....

Yeah I got a new microphone and i've been just playing with it. I just recently realized how to make it sound really clear. But I didn't purposely TRY to sound different. I guess the reason why I did before was because usually when I record, I would listening to the original, and doing so tend to make me unintentionally sing with the singer's style, and end up sounding similar to them. This time I just sang on my own without listening to the original, so I guess that's why I sound different.

Thanx for listening and keep the comments coming!

Guest alicechan

Wow, I must say i really enjoyed listening to this! :D

You both have a great voice especially Hsiang84

haha, good job both of you!

--JENNY

Guest tinasarangg

o0o! i loved this song ever since hsiang and fantasii collab.

hsiang, i love the quality of your new mic. your voice sounds much more crisp. excellent job (as usual)

~azn_pwincess~, you have a beautiful voice! i think you and hsiang sounded more compatiable together then hsiang and fantasii. maybe its because your voice is more similar to landy wen? but your mic quality made this song not as good as it should have been.

nice job <3

Guest ~azn_pwincess~

^ pwehehehee fankiiii ^^ awww sooo sweet..

omg.. i have 2 get a new mic T________T

AND MY PARRENTS ARE AWAY FOR 2 WEEKS!!! yay kekeke xD

more recording..

OMFG.. i HATE SOUNDCLICK NOW!! T________T

racist bas.tards LOl

JK!! lolz

Guest ~azn_pwincess~

^ i reckon.. i loooooooooooooooove his voice.. im like in love now xD <33 hehee xD LOL.. :blush:

i can't read i can't read i can't read. -_____-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like typed up a freaking essay as a response and stupid IE shut off. i can't read i can't read!!!!!!!!! PISSED ME OFF.

JKLFAJDGAKLGJAL AHHHhh.

Okay, anyway. I'm just gonna briefly touch up.

Kevin, the mic sounds SO MUCH BETTER! I LOVE IT! I think the last line (the ending) was a bit rough I guess. I think a light whisper-ish soft tone would make it better. I don't know.... I had a good explanation earlier, but forgot. T____T Also, I like how you changed the second verse. Nice touch. <3 Oh... yeah why is the first part you sing after Steph only comes out of the left speaker? O____O

Steph, hmmm yeah.. dang.. get a new mic. You got potential. <3 I like your voice. I think your pronounciation is a bit off. Are you Chinese? You have your moments in the song, some parts really sound good. Gahh, I forgot what I wrote down...... T_______T . Well, keep on singing! Haha... sorry I really forgot... I had some good comments too. Dang.... bad memory. =/

Good job you two. And the mixing was just a tad off for the girl at some parts. :P

edit*

Btw, Kevin... my nose is better now. But I just like broke up with my boyfriend.. so.. I was kind of down.. and that song was a bit too happy .. ><; So, I'll get it done soon. HAHA =X -_-

Guest ~azn_pwincess~

^ yeahh. lolz.. no comment =__=

i just couldnt read traditional chinese T___T yeahh i am.~ singaporean.. LOL id be sooo pissed if that happened 2 me too T_T gayy aye!! LOl

yeahh.. the mixing part was kinda my fault.. coz i was using earfones and recording.. and the original is kinda different to the instrumental~ soo yeahh my fault T_T

Guest Hsiang84

why is the first part you sing after Steph only comes out of the left speaker? O____O

Btw, Kevin... my nose is better now. But I just like broke up with my boyfriend.. so.. I was kind of down.. and that song was a bit too happy .. ><; So, I'll get it done soon. HAHA =X -_-

I don't know why, but whenever I record it only records on the left channel, and I have to manually edit it to make it dual channel. I guess that part I just forgot to do it. haha

:tears: so sorry to hear about your break up Nan! Don't worry about it, just take your time with the duet.

It's ok, a better guy will come along. Besides, being single is not that bad. :phew:

Guest Apri1

oooh nice voice. may i ask what kind of microphone you bought? i want to buy one and yours seems to work great cause i can hear you perfectly

Guest jlove1831

Kevin..amazing as always...I can't remember your version with Lisa, but I like your singing in this a lot more :D I've never heard Steph sing before and yeah, besides the quality of your mic, the only other thing I have to say is the HARMONY IS GREAT :D Record more while your 'rents are gone!! :DD

Guest fantasiimaker

jeeez kevin, you sound so much clearer/crisper than in the collab we did ;_; haha I still remember the crackly fuzziness from that one. Here, it feels like the mic qualities are reversed..~azn_pwincess~'s sounds more muffled.

~azn_pwincess~ - I think you should belt out the song more, especially in the chorus. It feels like you're being kind of whispery. Also, you need a bit of work smoothing out the endings of lines. Around 3:04, "wo hai shi bu que ding~" the "ding" part. The parts when you sing harmony, and go high in the chorus, those sound best ^_^ Keep working on it!

kevin - lovely adlibs, you also sound more confident than last time. Great job, not much I can critique lol~ this was a nice collab, but I think I like your collabs with Nan the best =) you two make the awesomest singing pair haha ^^

Guest ~azn_pwincess~

keke thanks for all the comments ^^

yeahh kevvy~~ wats ur mic?? i prolly will buy the one u have O-o

T___T my stoopid mic.. T_T

Guest ~azn_pwincess~

omg.. nan!! *hugz* don worry~~ there are prolly muchbettah guyz out there ^^ ;)

jlove1831 HEhehe yeahh.. my mic is REALLY dodgy.. and its coz my laptop has a really retarded inbuilt mic.. so yeahh. it records like the rom noises too T_T GAYNESS!! *cries* thanks for your awesome comments ^^

fantasiimaker thanks for the tips ^^

Guest Hsiang84

may i ask what kind of microphone you bought? i want to buy one and yours seems to work great cause i can hear you perfectly

yeahh kevvy~~ wats ur mic?? i prolly will buy the one u have O-o

I have a SAMSON C01U USB Studio Condenser Microphone

Got it for $78.99 (including shipping) on eBay.

I think the retail price is $79.99 not including shipping.

I would recommend to think about whether you really need an expensive mic, or if it's just a temporary urge.

'cause otherwise there are other cheaper microphones out there that would still improve your recording quality.

Search around, and hope you find one worth your money :)

Guest raspberylotion22

I would recommend to think about whether you really need an expensive mic, or if it's just a temporary urge.

'cause otherwise there are other cheaper microphones out there that would still improve your recording quality.

Search around, and hope you find one worth your money :)

yea i agree. i got my headphone mic at fry's for only $20 and it works pretty nice now that i switched to a computer instead of a laptop. i think soundcards are really important. before, i always had these bumpy random noises, now they're all gone and the quality is really clear. i'm not saying i have the best quality, but a good soundcard and a decent mixing program can do the trick. i think you can hear the pretty big quality difference between my previous clips and recent ones. ^-^ yea just my two cents if you don't wanna dish out too much moolah.

Archived