Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

I just bought and finished playing Final Fantasy 4 for the DS. It's AMAZING! Much better than FF3 for the DS. They definitely upgraded it and brought the old classic back to life. Such a great storyline! :)

WHAAAT you already finished that game?? lol

I just started... I always start games end never end it...

FF8 only game I finished

FF9 got stolen, before I could finish it

FFX ...

FFx-2 ... iono I redid my room and so lost interest in the game... xD

FFXII gawd I just keep dying in that tunnel level with all the spiders etc.

DS:

Chocobo tale? just started

FFXII just started, love it xD

FFIII hateit=x

FFIV just started

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sasarai

Out of the FF series, my favourite would be FF9!!! Well, i like the setting of the game and maybe it was also because it's one of my first RPGs!! :lol:

Guest Sanochi

I've played FFVII to FFXII

I really want to play the first few FF games with all the good reviews about them but I really don't have time >.<

seriously though, I've kinda lost faith in Square© after FFX onwards, coz 10 was just too sappy for me even though I did cry a little at the end but seriously what's with X-2, they shouldn't have even made that game, 10 was enough, imo.

XI was just bland to say the least, didn't really get into it and the online thing put me off.

XII was ok but I can't really say much coz I haven't finished it yet, one of my friends took it and haven't given it back but honestly do I really want to finish it, someone tell me...

so now I am praying XIII will be a good one or I might retire on Square© but seeing the trailers I have hope...kinda.... :/

EDIT: why is FFXIII coming out on the XBOX as well, I don't think it'll ever get the reason, but seriously why...?

Guest hyeminnie

EDIT: why is FFXIII coming out on the XBOX as well, I don't think it'll ever get the reason, but seriously why...?

microsoft offered them money to make it available on xbox.

that and the point of making anything is to profit off it, so why make the game exclusive when you can cross platforms to a bigger fanbase.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest starrykt

FF: crisis core is my fave currently. i love the graphics <3

i never finised ff3, i think i got stuck :/

i havent started ff4 yet....maybe after crisis core.

i'm really excited about FFxiii and FF versus, i'm kinda glad its being released on xbox also..i have neither console but lucky my flat mate has xbox. i was really contemplating buying ps3 just for those games....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Take Five

I just bought and finished playing Final Fantasy 4 for the DS. It's AMAZING! Much better than FF3 for the DS. They definitely upgraded it and brought the old classic back to life. Such a great storyline! smile.gif

i'm also surprised about how much better FF4 is than 3. also, hardest FF i've played so far lol. i actually lose to early bosses or have at least 1 person in the group dead at the end of a battle.

I rly wanna play the classics. =P I just need money. I've got FFI on PSP, and I'm after FFII. I need a DS to play III and IV... *is gonna start saving up* and I've just recently began playing FFXII again. I finished the main storyline over a year ago. =X I just need to finish off everything else... ^^;;

I played X2 but I got stuck and bored so I stopped playing it was my 1st ff game. Then I played revenant wings but never finished it because my cousin trade it for FFII which I played too then I got Crisis Core and now its my favorite the ending almost made me cry I really liked Zack. Cissnei is one my fav characters too

Guest vanillax33

yay for final fantasy <3 my favorite would definitely be FF3, 7, 9, 10, & FFCC: Ring of Fates (though i never played FFX, seems like a good story & nice graphics =])

these are the games i've played or playing

FFIII - playing right now on ds,, its pretty good considering it's old. the job change confuses me a bit tho

FFVII - i laugh at the bulginess but nevertheless,, awesome storyline =)

FFVIII - im stuck & i restarted like 3 times. all my friends say its a good game but i hate it.. =X the only thing i like is the GFs

FFIX - my first FF game,, and loved it.

FFCC: Ring of Fates - i've heard bad reviews about it,, but i actually like it. plus having it on ds is like WHOA COOL! the voices & graphics =O

Chocobo Tables - cute and amusing,, i usually hate the card game in FF but this made it easy & fun to do card battles O_o

i have FF Anthology and maybe Tactics,, but i dont wanna bother with my psone O_o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Final fantasy Versus 13 name revealed

yepp...

Noctis Lucis Caelum (aka the Prince)

noctisluciuscaelumnc10zxi0.jpg

Stella Nox Fleuret

stellanoxfulureffv132yx5.jpg

the characters for FFXIII

Lightning, Snow Villiers (aka Mr. 33cm), Sera or Sarah or Sanon (left to right)

finalfantasyxiii2008082de3.jpg

(credits: ign)

Not sure if this was already mentioned.

But Cloud, Terra, Kefka now confirmed for Dissidia.

I think this is the entire character list...

Warrior of Light

Garland

Firion

Emperor

Onion Knight

Cloud of Darkness

Cecil Harvey

Golbez

Bartz Klauser

Exdeath

Terra Branford

Kefka Palazzo

Cloud Strife

Sephiroth

Squall Leonhart

Ultimecia

Zidane Tribal

Kuja

Tidus

Jecht

Cosmos

Chaos

Guest Sasha100

Omg I thought I stopped having video game crushes a long time ago but Noctis is super hot! GAH why do they make the guys so good looking WHY WHY WHY?!

Guest tesslovemusic

I remember my brother playing this game and i would always sit beside an watch :lol:

And a scene i will never forget, my ultimate fave:

Tidus X Yuna Kiss, it was so sweet :wub:

and Cloud is forever my fave character, his hair is so cool!

Final fantasy<3

Guest hyeminnie

^ from wiki

There has been controversy of Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII's release date. Many sites including Amazon.com, Ebay, and Play Asia have anounced the release date to be on December 13th, 2008. Alternatively Square Enix announced at it's DKΣ3713 party (in August 2008) that the Demo of Final Fantasy XIII, as well as new trailers of Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII, would be released in the highly anticipated Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete Blu-ray Disc. Square Enix Announced the release Date of the new Advent Children remake to be some time during March 2009 and asked fans to disregard previous release dates.[24]

sigh... what a long wait...

^ So the remake of AC is only on Blu-ray? *sigh... that sucks.

Oh well, I can't wait for the new footage.

Anyways, just some random things with FF for me.

My first FF game was actually Tactics Advance while my first Roman numeral related FF was actually X-2. I got into the series a little late (considering that I never owned a PS2 till 2005).

Anyways I worked my way back from there, played X, then it was KH for a while but from that I learned of Cloud and Squall etc and started playing a tiny bit of both VII and VIII. I wasn't fully into it cause I CBF playing cause of the graphics (I wasn't used to it).

Anyways a long hiatus for me with FF and then XII came out. Loved that actually. Dunno why people hate it as much. Just cause it wasn't the TBS that everyone loved. I still loved it regardless...running around Rabanastre is pure fun and since it pretty much references back to Tactics Advance, being my first FF and all, I loved it even more.

Anyways, I got serious with VII so I started playing that but as I was battling Hojo on the second disc...IT SCREWED UP! You don't know how cut I was. I was told that after I beat Hojo I jump straight to the third disc and face Sephiroth. I was so cut when I heard that...so close. So from that, I just went to play tiny bit more of VIII. Triple Triad is the most addictive card game ever. XD

I say anyways a lot. But ANYWAYS, that's my story with FF. OH YEAH! I played VI as well but I forgot where I was up to so now I dunno what's going on with that. The last place I remember I was at was in the Ghost train but I may have gone a lot more further than that. Yet to have played IX. Not gonna bother with XI cause its online and I am currently eagerly anticipating XIII and Versus XIII. Noctis is awesome, loved the teaser trailer for Versus. I really wanna see some game footage on Versus...wonder what it's like (though I've heard that SE have said it's a bit like Kingdom Hearts). XIII looks fantastic, Lightning seems hella fun to play with and it's back to its TBS style. I thought it was gonna continue the XII trend but sadly it didn't.

That was a long rant.

Archived