Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Yes, there's definitely that reason too, but that's not the only reason why they're mad. :sweatingbullets:

So does that mean they will release it for PS3 before 360, or will they wait for both to be finished?

Developed separately, released simultanousely. Except in Japan I think. They got it exclusive back there.

I can definitely agree with that. No one knows where to put what. I'm assuming FFXII comes before FFT because of the presence of airships. Airships and all that technology are gone in FFT. I'm also thinking FFXII was around the time the Church of Glabados formed since Balthier is searching for the Cache of Glabados.

Hehe, we can call up the smartest people in the world, and there will be an eternal debate on what happens, but personally I think it's FFTA -> FFXII -> FFT

I think the tech was somewhat new in FFTA right? Something bout forests still being around. FFT is definetly the end because of loss of technology and probably extinction of moogles >__> poor things.

So what's your favorite out of the Ivalice Alliance? Mines is FFT, it's so refreshing and retro, especially playing with those Old English translations deal.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Krn_Track_Star

Yes, there's definitely that reason too, but that's not the only reason why they're mad. :sweatingbullets:

So does that mean they will release it for PS3 before 360, or will they wait for both to be finished?

no ps3 is gonna finish first but its gonna release at the same time here in the america's and europe and in asian it is only ps3 exclusive.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CuteThings

I really hope that square enix wont remake the sixth and seventh installments because most games recently released by SE have turned to the worst. They look so generic and rather crap much like Bleach. I don't know why people classifies Advent Children as the "best movie evarrrrrr", I'm really sorry fanboys but the movie was a crapload of unexpected sh1tness. Save for the several exagerated fighting scenes that were horrible, the movie was truely a disapointment and is not worth watching fr people who really liked the game. Seeing that FF7 still has marketing potential, SE do not hesitate to saturate the shelves with ff7 derivatives. Dirge of cerberus was an okay game, and I don't even want to mention Crisis Core...

FF7's mystique got butchered. For me it was anyways.

Also, most FF7AC fans are people who haven't even touched a final fantasy game before. There was this guy at the otakuton who said that ff7 is the best final fantasy because you could fly in the air when fighting...

What I really liked about sprite games is that everything is in an abstract form, even characters. This quality allows the player to imagine how they physically portray each protagonists. Now I'd be really angered if the corporation decides to remake ffvi and assigns Tetsya Nomura into designing the characters. Then all the male characters will look like hot teenage studs who spend all their gils into hair products.

That dude in FF13 looks like he just came out of myspace or the soompi hairstyle thread for guys.

i welcome all flaming now ^-^ icon12.gif

damn soompi censoring

Hehe, we can call up the smartest people in the world, and there will be an eternal debate on what happens, but personally I think it's FFTA -> FFXII -> FFT

I think the tech was somewhat new in FFTA right? Something bout forests still being around. FFT is definetly the end because of loss of technology and probably extinction of moogles >__> poor things.

So what's your favorite out of the Ivalice Alliance? Mines is FFT, it's so refreshing and retro, especially playing with those Old English translations deal.

FFT hands down. The game was even further improved upon due to Lion War. Out of any Final Fantasy out there FFT definitely has the highest replay value.

Guest MeiNing

Well, now we know that Versus is PS3-exclusive.

'Cept we were promised an announcement at DKΣ3713 that would "shock fans"... apparently it's the announcement of the PS3-exclusive demo bundled with ACC. That doesn't sound shocking to me...

Well, now we know that Versus is PS3-exclusive.

'Cept we were promised an announcement at DKΣ3713 that would "shock fans"... apparently it's the announcement of the PS3-exclusive demo bundled with ACC. That doesn't sound shocking to me...

Wow, that's it? That's more disappointing than shocking...

I really hope that square enix wont remake the sixth and seventh installments because most games recently released by SE have turned to the worst. They look so generic and rather crap much like Bleach. I don't know why people classifies Advent Children as the "best movie evarrrrrr", I'm really sorry fanboys but the movie was a crapload of unexpected sh1tness. Save for the several exagerated fighting scenes that were horrible, the movie was truely a disapointment and is not worth watching fr people who really liked the game. Seeing that FF7 still has marketing potential, SE do not hesitate to saturate the shelves with ff7 derivatives. Dirge of cerberus was an okay game, and I don't even want to mention Crisis Core...

Also, most FF7AC fans are people who haven't even touched a final fantasy game before. There was this game at the otakuton who said that ff7 is the best final fantasy because you could fly in the air when fighting...

What I really liked about sprite games is that everything is in an abstract form, even characters. This quality allows the player to imagine how they physically portray each protagonists. Now I'd be really angered if the corporation decides to remake ffvi and assigns Tetsya Nomura into designing the characters. Then all the male characters will look like hot teenage studs who spend all their gils into hair products.

That dude in FF13 looks like he just came out of myspace or the soompi hairstyle thread for guys.

damn soompi censoring

Just look at what they did to Setzer in Kingdom Hearts II. I'd like to see a remake of FFVI, but on the DS in the same fashion FFIII and FFIV were made.

Oh and look here, FFXIII won't be coming until the 360 version is done meaning that its going to take even longer.

At E3 2008, during Microsoft's media briefing, it was announced that Final Fantasy XIII would be released first in Japan on the PlayStation 3, then released simultaneously in North America and Europe on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The latter would start development only after the Japanese PlayStation 3 version is finished.[25] A Japanese release of the Xbox 360 version of the game is not planned.[26] The game will be released in Japan in 2009.

Guest RYUUSEi

Also, most FF7AC fans are people who haven't even touched a final fantasy game before. There was this game at the otakuton who said that ff7 is the best final fantasy because you could fly in the air when fighting...

damn soompi censoring

I think I love you. :mellow:

I agree with the FF:AC-movie, my opinion is that it was purely fanservice to those of us who enjoy FFVII.

Anybody who haven't actually played the game - and loves the movie, is kind of whizzed in the brain.

I enjoyed Dirge of Cerberus and I loved Crisis Core (Cloud Strife, you coward) so I'm happy with those,

but I hope they won't make anything more out of FFVII. Just leave it alone now, goddammit.

And uh, yeah, I feel less love for you about your statement about Tetsya Nomura. I adore his artwork (and Amano's work too of course).

Guest phantompc4

hmm, i still want an ff7 remake on ps3. Just imagine the graphics from advent children in a game. It would be heavenly.

Guest MeiNing

Yeah, I don't get why people would really love AC if they didn't even play the game. In fact, wouldn't it be rather confusing to them? :lol:

Sucks about FFXIII getting released even later because they have to port to xbox. -sigh- Most people are speculating a 2010 release?

I don't think I would mind a FFVII remake for ps3...curious to see how everything would look in super duper graphics ^^; But I'm afraid they'll try to cater to the fans and screw it up with all the fanservice.

Guest jaeka

ff thread...

*dives right into the discussion*

i agree with the user who said ffvii has been milked DRY. ¬¬ great game, but the spin offs. omg. it's getting boring now!

but ofc i wouldn't mind a remake. since it'll be nothing like the spin offs. x]

DoC was a decent spin off but it was dmc with vincent and the ff7 cast, honestly. xD

excellent cutscenes, i died a little at the cutscene before midgar, i must say. =p

i've yet to play crisis core so i cannot give my opinion whether it should be the last spin off or it's got me begging for more, but i hope to play it soon.

ff thread...

*dives right into the discussion*

i agree with the user who said ffvii has been milked DRY. ¬¬ great game, but the spin offs. omg. it's getting boring now!

but ofc i wouldn't mind a remake. since it'll be nothing like the spin offs. x]

DoC was a decent spin off but it was dmc with vincent and the ff7 cast, honestly. xD

excellent cutscenes, i died a little at the cutscene before midgar, i must say. =p

i've yet to play crisis core so i cannot give my opinion whether it should be the last spin off or it's got me begging for more, but i hope to play it soon.

Lol. Yes it's getting really boring. I thought the movie was great, the came DoC...then Crisis Core (Which I get bored of half-way through). The story was just weird. Everyone was getting one wings and such I thought it was stupid.

I'd rather have something new and different than the same thing. I can play FF7 anytime because I have it.

@MeiNing

After watching it the first time, I think people just tend to ignore the talking after that. I rewatch it a lot and I skip to Tifa Vs Lozoo (w/e his name is >_>), then Bahamut SIN, then Sephie Vs Cloud.

I bought FF 1-6 but haven't played them yet...

FF7 = <3 Sephiroth

FF8 = My first FF and I loved just about EVERYTHING! So sad ;__;

FF9 = <3 Kuja...but not as much as Sephiroth :x

FF10 = </3 T_T I HATED IT WITH A PASSION. I'm so glad Tidus "disappeared" in the end. He really needed to.

I lost my passion for the FF series after FFX, so I did not buy anything after that :T I did, however, buy FF7: Advent Children...which was mediocre. I was disappointed with that for some reason, so I didn't buy the FF7 prequels (DoC, CC) afterwards.

And erm... what's up with the rumors of a "surprise" release of an FF7 remake in mid-August '08? Is it true? I want to believe the rumors, yet something tells me not to.

I bought FF 1-6 but haven't played them yet...

FF7 = <3 Sephiroth

FF8 = My first FF and I loved just about EVERYTHING! So sad ;__;

FF9 = <3 Kuja...but not as much as Sephiroth :x

FF10 = </3 T_T I HATED IT WITH A PASSION. I'm so glad Tidus "disappeared" in the end. He really needed to.

I lost my passion for the FF series after FFX, so I did not buy anything after that :T I did, however, buy FF7: Advent Children...which was mediocre. I was disappointed with that for some reason, so I didn't buy the FF7 prequels (DoC, CC) afterwards.

And erm... what's up with the rumors of a "surprise" release of an FF7 remake in mid-August '08? Is it true? I want to believe the rumors, yet something tells me not to.

I always feel sad when people haven't even played I-VI because the better FF games lie in those numbers. Most who started with with the 3D FF games really don't know what they're missing.

Archived