Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Guest draginkiller015

Oh FF XIII looks really good. But FF XIII Versus looks like it's connected to FF VII, but yeah it looks good can't wait to try it out hehe.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Krn_Track_Star

^ there are tons of crazed fans out there that are boycotting the 360 FFXIII because FF was a Sony exclusive, and now enix pulls this long after the fans buy the PS3. there are some fans who enjoy the fact that other consoles can't play major games.

yes, i have noticed 360 does not do well in japan. that's cuz Sony is japanese and promotes extremely well there.

who knows, if the 360 FF XIII goes well, then from now on, FF could be multi platform.

mo' money

well i all the 360 ppl here better support SE like crazy cuz if the sales dont out number the ps3 sales then SE just might stick to sony for console exclusive games.

oh people also fail to realize that SE is not sony exclusive. arent there FF games for the ds. so i dont get the reason whyalll these ps3 fans even though i am one are saying SE is sony exclusive.

Guest hyeminnie

^ they're not upset that Square's not sony exclusive. they already know that. it's just that the FF games (starting from VII) have been mainly for sony platforms (though XI was later released on 360). and it was like an unwritten code for gamers that FF games would be sony exclusive.

Guest MeiNing

=X Iunno, a ton of people were gonna buy the PS3 for FFXIII, so naturally they feel kind of angry. So yeah, PS3s weren't selling too well, but FFXIII was gonna be their big profitmaker. FFXIII was what Sony had going for them, but then Square Enix dropped that bombshell and now Microsoft has snatched Sony's major exclusive.

Guest Krn_Track_Star

^ they're not upset that Square's not sony exclusive. they already know that. it's just that the FF games (starting from VII) have been mainly for sony platforms (though XI was later released on 360). and it was like an unwritten code for gamers that FF games would be sony exclusive.

den wut is all the fuss about. ok yeah dey were gonna buy or bought a ps3 but it isnt like there not gonna able to play at all on the ps3. yeah ff for console wuz for sony but like i said people fail to realize that nintendo has been producing ff games to for the ds. so either way no reason why alot of fans are upset or mad they can still buy a ps3 and play ff or they can play it on 360 their choice.

den wut is all the fuss about. ok yeah dey were gonna buy or bought a ps3 but it isnt like there not gonna able to play at all on the ps3. yeah ff for console wuz for sony but like i said people fail to realize that nintendo has been producing ff games to for the ds. so either way no reason why alot of fans are upset or mad they can still buy a ps3 and play ff or they can play it on 360 their choice.

SE was originally with Nintendo, =P

And all those games they are producing for the DS are remakes of previous FF games on the PS

Guest Krn_Track_Star

SE was originally with Nintendo, =P

And all those games they are producing for the DS are remakes of previous FF games on the PS

not really cuz remember ff 7 wuz the only major console hit

it went from ff 1 to ff 3. they skipped 4 5 and 6 for console.

Guest Nightmare

The only thing I really enjoyed about Crisis Core is the ending.

I'm sorry, but I HATE Gackt's character. The FF7 plot is ruined because of Gackt.

Guest iya.donghae

=X Iunno, a ton of people were gonna buy the PS3 for FFXIII, so naturally they feel kind of angry. So yeah, PS3s weren't selling too well, but FFXIII was gonna be their big profitmaker. FFXIII was what Sony had going for them, but then Square Enix dropped that bombshell and now Microsoft has snatched Sony's major exclusive.

Actually, the reasons that the fanboys are mad is because there is a possibility of low quality graphics(considering the ps3's awesome graphics) because it's also gonna be made for the xbox, which, I've heard, has lower capabilities. Idk, I've only played with the ps3, never touched an xbox before.

Actually, the reasons that the fanboys are mad is because there is a possibility of low quality graphics(considering the ps3's awesome graphics) because it's also gonna be made for the xbox, which, I've heard, has lower capabilities. Idk, I've only played with the ps3, never touched an xbox before.

SE already released an official statement saying that FFXIII started development on PS3 and will finish for PS3 before working on the 360 version.

not really cuz remember ff 7 wuz the only major console hit

it went from ff 1 to ff 3. they skipped 4 5 and 6 for console.

I'm talking about the VERY FIRST FF, it was on the nintendo.

FF1-FF6 was on the super/Nintendo super/Famicom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy

Guest nuguya

so i finished the story of FFT:A2 yesterday and the ending was lacking.. of course the story wasn't captivating in the first place lol... i'm still playing just finishing off the other quests xD

Lulz I didn't even know that game was out ^

FFTA was alright, I didn't think the 2nd would be too good. Whole Ivalice Alliance thing kinda failz.

If you thoroughly played the Ivalice games then your "LOL Ivalice Alliance fails" opinion would actually be valid. Honestly, I've played the Ivalice related games and their storylines and gameplay have been far more entertaining than any of the 3D Final Fantasy games. Lion War was definitely one of the best FF re-releases. Ramza Beoulve = best FF protagonist.

Also, FFTA2 simply has the best line in all Final Fantasy games. "Since when have we been 'friends' and how soon can we stop?"

Guest nuwera

Guys, I'm new to this topic and to FF :)

I haven't played the game yet but am planning to.

Is there anime to FF?

Can someone recommend me the best game out of the many parts for FF?

--angel

Guys, I'm new to this topic and to FF :)

I haven't played the game yet but am planning to.

Is there anime to FF?

Can someone recommend me the best game out of the many parts for FF?

--angel

I think there is a FF anime, but it might not be story related.

FF7 has an anime and CG movie. FF7: Last Order is the anime and it takes place before the game. FF7: Advent Children is a CG and takes place after the game.

I'll recommend FF6 and FF7 to you as many people have claimed they are good. I haven't played 6 and only a bit of 7. FF8 is my favorite, romantic and good story. Same goes for FF10. FF12 is pretty fun because it's different. You can also try the sequel to FF10 (which is FF10-2) it's ok and there's some good music in there.

So all in all I recommended you:

FF6

FF7

FF8

FF10

FF10-2

FF12

I'd say go with whichever you can grab first =P

Well, I've played FFT on PS and PSP, FFTA about 3 times, and FFXII. The timeline is really jacked up if you try to connect them together, that's what I'm getting at. I haven't been able to play the FFTA 2 because lack of a DS.

I can definitely agree with that. No one knows where to put what. I'm assuming FFXII comes before FFT because of the presence of airships. Airships and all that technology are gone in FFT. I'm also thinking FFXII was around the time the Church of Glabados formed since Balthier is searching for the Cache of Glabados.

Guest MeiNing

Yes, there's definitely that reason too, but that's not the only reason why they're mad. :sweatingbullets:

SE already released an official statement saying that FFXIII started development on PS3 and will finish for PS3 before working on the 360 version.

So does that mean they will release it for PS3 before 360, or will they wait for both to be finished?

Archived