Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Guest .Cherry.

I just bought the FFXII game...WOW...that is all I have to say. It took my breath away with the opening credits...it was so beautiful that I had to reset my PS2 just to watch it again, hahaah!!!

I WOULD have been playing non-stop BUT stupid college work is keeping me from playing!! AHhhh, i wanna go back to being in high school when I had LOTS more time, lol!!

Anyway, enjoy guys...and don't get TOO addicted to it. ^___^ Be sure to go to the bathroom and eat something every now again...hahahaa.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest revontulet

GAHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm so angry! I'm on the hunt for the basilisk thingie in the Lhusu mines and it won't die! I'm at lvl 16 for all char. (vaan, fran, basch, and balthier) but i keep ending up curing everyone like crazy towards the end of the fight D: T___T does anyone know how to beat it?!

Guest philmein

How the hell did you guys avoid the Entite (gigantic orange ball) monster in the desert (on the way to Raith's tomb)? Seriously, it instantly ko'ed me. WTF

Guest revontulet

hmm still debating on buying the new final fantasy. the look of the characters don't really appeal to me.

haha nvm about my previous post, I killed it :sweatingbullets: after I got Ashe and Penelo.

Yeah, I didn't really like the look of the characters either but they grow on you :wub: and everything is so detailed! I luuuuuurve it. has anyone noticed that the faces of the characters look like as if they've been painted? not that it's a bad thing!

Guest philmein

Is there any romance in this game? I haven't reached to the point of any foreseen romances yet. I have a gut feeling Ashe and Vaan are going to take it to the next level. Then again, I could be wrong, like always.

How the hell did you guys avoid the Entite (gigantic orange ball) monster in the desert (on the way to Raith's tomb)? Seriously, it instantly ko'ed me. WTF

Just run (I assume you are hitting R2 to flee). Don't try to fight it..... The game is full of encounters with enemies you just simply cannot defeat at the first encounter. For example, the T-rex at the beginning of the game. Good luck.

Guest Sol Doubt

Hey all

I was just wondering what weapons are you equipping for all ur characters?

Mine is like this:

Fran-Pole/Bowgun

Vaan-Katanas/Swords/Ninja Swords

Balthier-Guns

Ashe-Bows

Penelo-Staffs/Rods

Basche-Axes/Maces

I just went by whatever looked best on each character =]

Guest Chisame

Vaan, Basch, and Ashe: 1-h sword + shield

Balthier: gun... soon to be pole

Penelo: rod

Fran: bow

I like having 2 range fighters in Balthier and Fran but the guns aren't cutting it... neither are the bows but Fran just looks hawt with one. xD I also haven't run across ANY other ammo aside from onion ammo... which is the default!

Guest philmein

Wait, is there no other ammo besides onion arrows?

Bow's are pretty effective as are guns. They can be good for far-ranged attacks.

Me:

Vaan - Sword

Fran - Bow

Ashe- Sword

Guest Chisame

I'll probably give Balthier poles but switch back to guns for him when the need arises. Guns ignore defense and are ranged weapons so win there.

Guest philmein

Is it necessary to have all characters lvled up properly? I'm only focusing on Vaan, Ashe, and Fran who are at lvl 18 each. The other three are 9, 14, 14 respectively.

Guest revontulet

Vaan - Sword/Spear haven't decided completely on what he's gonna be.

Penelo - Rod/Staff/Dagger

Balthier - Pole/Spear/Gun/Sword

Fran - Bow/Staff/Rod/Sword

Ashe - Sword etc. I haven't decided on what to make Ashe yet D:

Basch - Sword/Spear/ all the hard hitting weapons o:

I'm making all of my characters multi-talented :D

atm all my characters are @ lvl 18! I think its best to lvl all your char. to at least 40 then focus on a group.

Guest Chisame

I don't know if they'll force the characters on you (i.e., during so-and-so's story they make you use the character as an irremovable party member) but if you get your party's average level to over 50, you can get the Ashe figurine for the Sky Pirate's Den. xD And I need the Ashe figurine.<3

Guest firelogic

lol, my characters are all basically the same now. Instead of customizing each one for a specific thing, I've just been tanking them out as soon as i have access to the strongest weapons/armour/augments/magic/etc...

I do have vaan and balthier with Demonsbanes, basch with an iron hammer, ashe and penelo with ancient swords at this time. oh and fran has a killer bow. just beat the demon walls in terms of progress.

Guest iEatPowder

lol, my characters are all basically the same now. Instead of customizing each one for a specific thing, I've just been tanking them out as soon as i have access to the strongest weapons/armour/augments/magic/etc...

I do have vaan and balthier with Demonsbanes, basch with an iron hammer, ashe and penelo with ancient swords at this time. oh and fran has a killer bow. just beat the demon walls in terms of progress.

Good point. When your characters are high enough levels, you should have more than enough LP's to fill your entire license boards and have everyone about the same.

I got lucky and found a killer bow for fran really early in the game, when you first go into the lhusu mines with larsa. It's in the section where the road first forks off, in a treasure chest.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm so angry! I'm on the hunt for the basilisk thingie in the Lhusu mines and it won't die! I'm at lvl 16 for all char. (vaan, fran, basch, and balthier) but i keep ending up curing everyone like crazy towards the end of the fight D: T___T does anyone know how to beat it?!

It wasn't that hard to beat, though when I went to kill it, all my characters were around level 26.. =P. Just level up some more, get some LP points and put them into your +HP augments in your license board for each character. Use your gambits to auto heal your strongest hitter and have the basilisk focus on that guy while the rest heal.

Vaan, Basch, and Ashe: 1-h sword + shield

Balthier: gun... soon to be pole

Penelo: rod

Fran: bow

I like having 2 range fighters in Balthier and Fran but the guns aren't cutting it... neither are the bows but Fran just looks hawt with one. xD I also haven't run across ANY other ammo aside from onion ammo... which is the default!

You couldn't find any other ammo for the guns? I'm about to meet the Marquis Ondore and I already have silence shots for balthier. =P Don't remember where I got them from though. Silence shots work nicely on the skeletons =)

Guest BleachFan22

I think....you're not supposed to use any kind of magic because I think its an elemental and it will be attracted to you if you use magic.

I was having trouble with that lizard thing in Lhusu mines so I left it for now. I was also having trouble with Judge Ghis... then the strategy guide told me to use a quickening first hit and I landed a 8 hit combo with that and it killed him (around 9k damage) so I'm off to try that on the lizard thing in Lhusu mines lol. I'm also going to try to get a huge chain of those skeletons and try and get some money.

Archived