Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Ah yes, FF VIII was one of the best in terms of Story, although I have to say that FF X takes the cake on the one of the best crafted storyline ever.

FF XII is so far... a very different experience, since it's basically a screensaver for me, after setting up the gambits, my characters lvl up by themselves, I don't even have to look at the Television to make sure I"m not dying, since I never do...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cassiopeia<3

ff12 didnt come out for you guys yet?

i beat the game in like december lol

the real time action bothered me a little, cause i kept dying lol, so i set it to wait mode

Oh...we were (at least I think I was) talking about the movie. You know, the 3-D

version with the cool hair etc. I have no idea but I always refer to the 3-D version of the movie

like that. ^.^

Guest chinguz

i like 8!!! because the card game was kinda fun and it was so hard for me to finish... i just didnt like the summon? is that what it was called.. cant remember anymore, the rest was a walk in the park. never played 11 though.

12 comes out like today i think, so i might pick that up sometime.

i like 8!!! because the card game was kinda fun and it was so hard for me to finish... i just didnt like the summon? is that what it was called.. cant remember anymore, the rest was a walk in the park. never played 11 though.

12 comes out like today i think, so i might pick that up sometime.

FFXII came out a few months ago.

Guest lilangelover

i loved final fantsy 7. but when i first played it i was like what the beejeezes?!! what is this?!! that was my first time playing RPG and i didn't have a memory card. and i kept dying because of the first boss. so i stopped playing for like 2 years. picked it up again but couldn't find a way to get off the chocobo and get into the cave. so i quite for another couple of months. but then after that part i started to get into it alot. the storyline is intriguing. then i saw the cut-scens for final fantsy 10 and i thought it was amazing so i picked it up. it was also another great game. so sad with Tidus and all. so i bought final fantsy x-2 because i wanted to know what happended after. but sadly the ending wasn't all that great.

i couldn't wait till final fantsy 12 came out but i don't have enough money so i'm waiting till the price goes down.

Guest chinguz

FFXII came out a few months ago.

yeah it released in the U.S. october? i think.

but where i am ... the europe area and australasia it came out 22nd, like a YEAR after japan =/ . Someone bought it for me.. so yeah ill be playing it now =)

Seems so different im not used to the system, gambit and the liscence.

rofl ~fantasygurl~ whats that around the weapon

well im not sure if its posted before.. but heres another 1.

cos04oz7qy7.jpg

Guest ~fantasygurl~

rofl ~fantasygurl~ whats that around the weapon

well im not sure if its posted before.. but heres another 1.

cos04oz7qy7.jpg

i dunno.....band-aids? toilet paper?

:rolleyes:

she looks like he real deal too :D

Guest Rainie_Days

I would like to play FF VII but I don't have a memory card for it, my PS1 card just won't work >_<

Yesterday, I started playing FF X like right from the start (I've seen my brother play it before) and hm, so far so good, I really like the story, definitely big props for the storyline and graphics, I think it's the second best after FF VII, anyone agree?

FF VII...bleh, I didn't like it much, I felt it was more of a love story and stuff, FF XI was okay, wasn't the best but, it deserves props I guess, since that was something different, small characters...magical world...I particularly liked the character Vivi.

^ I think you meant FF VIII and yeah the game was more of a love story than the other ones, but that's what made it great in my opnion.

Each Final Fantasy has always had an emphasis on a theme, and I remember the producer of FF VIII saying that they wanted it to be focused on the concepts of love. Not just the Squall and Rinoa love story, but also of Headmaster Cid and Edea, Edea and the children, Seifer and Rinoa, and Laguna and Julia. A lot of relatioships in this one if I may say.

Guest Crispy

So many FFIX haters!!! :(

It was awesome!!!!, same with 8 and 6

7 was / is overrated

FFIX was fun... I liked the setting and scale of it.

FFVII isn't overrated... it's easy to say that because of its insane popularity, but it really is one of the best games of all time.

It brought everything together: intriguing and complex storyline, great characters, epic scale, classic gameplay, and groundbreaking (at the time) presentation.

Anywho, I just got FFXII yesterday (YES, I AM SLOW) and am loving it so far. YES, NO MORE BATTLE SCREENS.

The whole overworld MMO-influenced battle system is great because it makes you want to kill stuff... if you see it on screen, you just can't let that bastard go! ;]

And you have incentive to do that, no matter what level the baddie is, because of the License system... gotta get those LPs!

Plus, I love MMO's, so it's nice to see the system partially migrate to a console.

</nerd>

Archived