Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Guest revontulet

Yeah the battle system completely sucks. I'd much rather settle for the traditional or pseudo turn based system. Your explanation of the battle system is exactly how it is going to be for the whole game. I was so excited yesterday to pick up this game but the retarded battle system is like a show stopper for me. The system was good for a mmorpg like FF XI where constant action is required, but for a single player game the system completely sucks.

My second issue with this game is why the heck is the right analog stick reversed on both x and y axis. I don't know of any game that does that. At least have the option to un-reverse them (maybe there is but I couldn't find it last night). If I pull right, I should be looking to my right~!!

But yeah... the graphics are awesome and the story line seems to be good thus far. The story line better rock to make up for the battle system or else this is going to be another FF that I don't complete all the way through (X-2). How disappointing.

ahhh so the battle system sucks? :o well at least you say the story line and graphics make up for it sort of...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the battle system completely sucks. I'd much rather settle for the traditional or pseudo turn based system. Your explanation of the battle system is exactly how it is going to be for the whole game. I was so excited yesterday to pick up this game but the retarded battle system is like a show stopper for me. The system was good for a mmorpg like FF XI where constant action is required, but for a single player game the system completely sucks.

My second issue with this game is why the heck is the right analog stick reversed on both x and y axis. I don't know of any game that does that. At least have the option to un-reverse them (maybe there is but I couldn't find it last night). If I pull right, I should be looking to my right~!!

But yeah... the graphics are awesome and the story line seems to be good thus far. The story line better rock to make up for the battle system or else this is going to be another FF that I don't complete all the way through (X-2). How disappointing.

i like the battlesystem...its different and for someone that has been playing mmo for a while now (5-6 years now) its something similar to that ...well i think the battlesystem is almost like KOTOR in many ways

the storyline so far is awesome...its like old school FF meets new school FF

but this is my opinion and i knew people wouldnt like the new battlesystem

my only complaint about the game is the license system....i mean come on i gotta grind in the game just to learn a new license??

FFXII:I got it yesterday afternoon when I was out of class, there wasn't a line so no big. I got the collection game, I love the DVD features. I have to say I had not play any other ff beside FFX and X-2 before this so the battle and licence was new to me. I think the licence is so similar to the sphere FFX. I like the storyline, but I hope there will be some romance like Tidus and Yuna, but I doubt it. The main girl is older than the main guy and she is a widow...ahhhhh. I played for 9hours totally today and yesterday, I'm like STUCK IN THE MINE!!! If you guys are there would you mind telling with to do when the hunters came and is chasing you....Dx

But they will still run after you, one by one they will chase up to you. I'm okay with fighting one on it's own, but all three at the same time...that's a bit hard. Even if I got one ahead of the other and start to fight with it, the other will chase up.

Guest ryisakooguy

^dood i understand your pain.

but the battle system is starting to grow on me now. i just sorta wished it was more fast past and interactive...(missing squalls R1 pressing) i bet if the battle system was something like tales series or like star ocean holy crap would this game be awesome. i bet it will grow on you as well once you get some party members to join.

and i totally agree with the x and y invert axis for the camera. one of the first things i looked for was a way to change that darn iverted axis...its annoying

license system...dood scrap that crap out, seriously. first you gotta unlock it then buy it in order to use it. even for weapons and armor? dood, hate that system. i also feel like if you fill out the whole grid, then ALL the characters is going to be the same. i like the fact that any character can use any weapon but that doesnt make them unique what so ever. its kinda like the only difference between the character is the VA and their skin. thats it...

i think the BEST part of ff12 is exploring. i just love the fact how you can walk around tha world/dungeon gathering items AND battle at the same time. no more of tha 'how many steps can i get before another battle starts'...i swear sometimes i just get 3 steps and a random battle appears. thank goshhh they changed that. all rpgs should be this way now.

ohh and one more thing i hate...vaan. ugh...i swear i hate this character! his face is like errr and his hair...c'mon at least make tha hair look koo. crapp. even ashe looks more hardcore than vaan...i think every main character after ff8 has gotten worse.

other than these downers im enjoying this game quite well. not a bad game but not the best game. now...i bet rogue galaxy is going to be the rpg for me. ill be waiting for that one.

But they will still run after you, one by one they will chase up to you. I'm okay with fighting one on it's own, but all three at the same time...that's a bit hard. Even if I got one ahead of the other and start to fight with it, the other will chase up.

well if you run far enough they will eventually stop chasing you and you on from there....so just turn around and run...i was on that part when you read your post...so i was working on it with ya =p

i agree that the battle system was boring. WAS.

I either got used to it, or it's just the fact that alot of the fights are getting harder so it's more fun.

also it's easier to grind in a single spot for a long time. At first I prefered that it should have been regular turn base... but now I like this one a little more. (Most of the other final fantasies, all you do is press attack or heal anyways. in some variation. This way it's just more fun to watch =x)

well if you run far enough they will eventually stop chasing you and you on from there....so just turn around and run...i was on that part when you read your post...so i was working on it with ya =p

Awesome, I passed that part now so happy, I was nervous like HELL when I was running away T_T running alway from it was a PAIN!!! My chara were killing one by one I didn't think I can make it you know....now I'm on the airship can't beat the judge maybe because my lvl is still low I think I will train for a bit until I try to fight the judge again lol

I'm around 6 hours in to it and unfortunately the battle system is not growing on me as it has for many of you. Hopefully it will as I continue to play.

i was used to the battlesystem from the start b.c it reminded me of the battlesystem in KOTOR

I'm glad to say, things are looking better... So far the story is awesome and I must say this is the most fun I've been having with a FF game since VII.

On a side note, I just saw the video sequence for XIII (which I'm sure you've all already seen). It is simply AMAZING. I don't think I've ever anticipated a game this badly...

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Hmm, I've read all the positive and negative comments anot FFXIII.

Is it worth it? Is the battle system that bad? Does the storyline make up for it?

^.^ I'd appreciate it if someone helped me out on this.

i personally like the battle system. random battles are so annoying.

but i think the one comment that everyone dislikes is the x-y axis is messed up for the camera. not even the option to switch it.

I'm about 8 hours into FFXII and I'm pretty stunned at how well put together this game is, I haven't been this immersed in a Final Fantasy game since FFVII.

The battle system is a lot more fun than I thought it would be and the story and the settings are awesome, not to mention the voice acting is totally top notch.

The camera system sucks richard simmons though.

component cables + 16:9 rocks richard simmons.

Guest Chisame

The battle system has its pros and cons. I dislike random battles so in that regard it's good, but it gets kinda hectic at times and ofentimes I end up staring at everyone's HP bars instead of the battle itself. Maybe I just haven't got the full hang of it yet. xD

I'm slowly getting the license board system. It's actually a bit annoying for me. Sort of like the sphere system but more confusing (took me a while to figure out how to get quickenings).

Anyway, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game thus far, though I'm only about 10 or so hours into it. To be honest, I've died more in this game within these first 10 hours than I have my entire playthrough of the other Final Fantasies. FFXII is surprisingly difficult. Not impossible but for me, a bit on the tough side.

As for characters, I think the voices are nothing sort of excellent. It sounds a bit compressed but that isn't at all the fault of the voice actors. I even enjoy Fran's voice--it's very cute. Penelo's as well... Sadly, I can't remember exactly what Ashe's voice sounds like. Vaan isn't a bad main character but so far, he isn't a very memorable one. He's a "no surprises" character. The bits with his brother are interesting though. Oh, and I adore Balthier's wit and charm (and boy is he charming) and Basch is just awesomeness.

Guest ryisakooguy

^totally agree with you man. i like the characters, except vaan...bleeh

neways, you've died a lot eh? ive only died once because i was curious and tried to fight a lvl 45 creature. bastard. neways, once you get some really good gambits and good cure spells there wont be a chance where you'll be dying anytime soon.

gawd im about to play since i didnt get to chance to play today, even tho its 2 am and got work at 10am. bwhahahha. ff12 rules...aside of 7 and 8 haha.

Guest AnimeNgel0120

I just bought FFXII yesterday ^__^

I like the way it looks but the voices sounds like Im listening to them over a radio~ has anyone else noticed that??..actually only Vaan's voice sounds like that to me >.< and yea I agree about the battle system >.< Ive been fighting random monsters to try and get used to it but I cant haha~ T.T

Guest Chisame

I just bought FFXII yesterday ^__^

I like the way it looks but the voices sounds like Im listening to them over a radio~ has anyone else noticed that??..actually only Vaan's voice sounds like that to me >.< and yea I agree about the battle system >.< Ive been fighting random monsters to try and get used to it but I cant haha~ T.T

Yeh, it sounds like the voice files are compressed so it has that weird "static radio" sound.

Shame because the voice acting in this game is excellent and I wanted to hear it crisp and clear as it deserves to be heard. -___-

Archived