Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Could someone tell me if "Dirge of Cerberus" is any good?? I heard that it sucks and .. yeah :mellow: (I know that the Japanese version had a few problem but the US fixed that) I love the character Vincent but I don't want to waste my money on something that isn't worth playing -_-

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ if you don't like shooters then avoid DOC.

it's an average shooter game with solid FF story as back up. so if you don't like the genre of the game, i don't see the point of getting it UNLESS you place the story over everything else.

if you like shooters, it's a pretty decent game that is worth playing. it doesn't suck.

Guest tommeh

i've played ffVII - x-2 + tactics

favourite final fantasy is definately FFVII, great storyline and chars. then probably VIII

FF tactics on ps1 was a mad game as well :D haha...great times, cant wait till FFXII comes out :D

• 1 month later...
Guest L.Li-style

id DEFINATELY say FF7 And FF8 are the best...I mean...I never played FF9...YET, but FF8 and FF7 have SUCH great storylines...its AMAZING!! FFX is good. But FF X-2..now that i realize it...it was..not like FF style at all. more like powepuff girls..so that was disspointing. :( But i still enjoyed it. ^^

Guest SeEdFrEeDoM

i just finished playing FF12 today

it was too easy.. 55hours of gametime, all my chars at lvl 60

final boss only took 3mins to beat

what!!! man that totally awesome that you beat the game in 55hrs congrate!! but how did you get ff12 since the american ver. isn't out. Oh wait, i bet you got the japanese ver.!! am i right! lol

Guest Take Five

id DEFINATELY say FF7 And FF8 are the best...I mean...I never played FF9...YET, but FF8 and FF7 have SUCH great storylines...its AMAZING!! FFX is good. But FF X-2..now that i realize it...it was..not like FF style at all. more like powepuff girls..so that was disspointing. :( But i still enjoyed it. ^^

you forgot the 6 other games aside from ff9 ;)

well okay, 5 games since ff3 isn't out here yet.

Guest philmein

what!!! man that totally awesome that you beat the game in 55hrs congrate!! but how did you get ff12 since the american ver. isn't out. Oh wait, i bet you got the japanese ver.!! am i right! lol

there's a leaked version that you can download. Apparently it's the "final version."

My friend was able to dl and play it successfully.

you forgot the 6 other games aside from ff9 ;)

well okay, 5 games since ff3 isn't out here yet.

Hardly anyone ever gives old school FF games any recognition even though their stories are infinitely better than that of the 3D Final Fantasy games.

FFVII: This game rocked. Cloud was the coolest guy ever.

FFX: This one was the best. Ever. Still my favourite game.

Blitzball was the best mini-game ever, brilliant storyline, I ALMOST cried.

In-depth gameplay, battle system correct. Tidus & Yuna looked a good couple. Depressing ending. At the end I was like 'Oh noes! I finished it!'

'Cause I was actually disappointed that the game was oover, and nothing else was left. The characters made a strange combination with their different personality, but bonded together strongly. Each character had their own backgrounds (Lulu and Wakka's lil bro. Wakka and his blitzball team. Kimahri and his Ronso betrayal. Rikku and her Al-bhed origins. Yuna and her summoner oaths. Tidus and his mysterious awakening on the island.) The aons were varied and colourful. Very deep cutseens with great graphics. Weapons and armour combinations endless. Boss' original.

Mini-challenges to complete (Celestial wepaons, Lightning dodging).

Yup, the greatest game ever.

FFX-2: This was the biggest let down ever. I had my hopes so high, I mean come on. I loved FFX so much and then they give me this overrated piece of crap. It crushed the storyline, the characters that I loved were nearly all gone. Yuna wasn't a summoner, just a richard simmons with a stupid mini-skirt instead of a robe. She had guns for christ sakes. GUNS.

What were they thinking?

What annoyed me even more, was that this game had so much potential, and so much hype. All the game magazines rated it 9/10.

Normally they are accurate, but that was retarded. I couldn't believe it.

This is the only Square Enix game I've truly hated.

I mean, the 100% ending when you get Tidus was very stupid.

Come on, who just hugs their love of their life for an hour or so when the finally are reunited.

God, how I hate the producers of that game. Next time you make a sequel, DON'T MAKE THE GAME A FREAKIN' URBAN PIECE OF CRAP WITH GUNS AND SLUTS!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nightmare

I just got my collector edition of FFXII, and I also got the limited guide book which I only bought since it was a limited edition.

Anybody had to buy it at midnight? It was kinda funny when my friend called me around midnight, freaking out when he heard that one of the local Gamestop had long lines.

Guest Take Five

^wow...i hope it isn't that hard to find cuz i plan on getting it at the end of the week.

maybe i should have reserved for that limited edition...

Guest Nightmare

^ I guess, it depends where you live and which Gamestop/EB you go to. Not all Gamestop/EB was open at midnight unless there was a huge demand for it. But I do strongly suggest you to get it before the kids come out to play.

Guest Tonyc402

Nice. I think I'm gunna pick this up tmr . Looks really promising and Gamespot gave it 9/10. This should be refreshing as well since the battle system is different

Guest ryisakooguy

i just play a lil of 12 last nite but i was a kinda tired...treat o treating was pretty chill. neways, my thoughts of the game so far was a not i was expecting...either that or i was just too tired to play...?

neways, i wasnt paying attention the the story cause i couldnt read the text...took off the contacts n couldnt read the text and i didnt really listen because there was too many names to remember...lol.

the main point of a rpg is the battle system. im going to be honest here i feel like its missing some bits and pieces. i feel like i just press one button and thats it...walk around...hit...wait...hit...walk around...battles felt kinda boring. that could change if i played a lil more.

other than that it seems like a great game so far. still kinda 'effie' about it but like i said i was tired and didnt get even an hour of gameplay through it sooooooo...my opinions mite change pretty here soon and im hoping that it i will.

Guest revontulet

^ wahhh I wanna play ffxii<3 I hope it lives up the hype. But I don't know. Vaan looks so wimpy, it just doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy game haha then again that's just me.

i just play a lil of 12 last nite but i was a kinda tired...treat o treating was pretty chill. neways, my thoughts of the game so far was a not i was expecting...either that or i was just too tired to play...?

neways, i wasnt paying attention the the story cause i couldnt read the text...took off the contacts n couldnt read the text and i didnt really listen because there was too many names to remember...lol.

the main point of a rpg is the battle system. im going to be honest here i feel like its missing some bits and pieces. i feel like i just press one button and thats it...walk around...hit...wait...hit...walk around...battles felt kinda boring. that could change if i played a lil more.

other than that it seems like a great game so far. still kinda 'effie' about it but like i said i was tired and didnt get even an hour of gameplay through it sooooooo...my opinions mite change pretty here soon and im hoping that it i will.

Yeah the battle system completely sucks. I'd much rather settle for the traditional or pseudo turn based system. Your explanation of the battle system is exactly how it is going to be for the whole game. I was so excited yesterday to pick up this game but the retarded battle system is like a show stopper for me. The system was good for a mmorpg like FF XI where constant action is required, but for a single player game the system completely sucks.

My second issue with this game is why the heck is the right analog stick reversed on both x and y axis. I don't know of any game that does that. At least have the option to un-reverse them (maybe there is but I couldn't find it last night). If I pull right, I should be looking to my right~!!

But yeah... the graphics are awesome and the story line seems to be good thus far. The story line better rock to make up for the battle system or else this is going to be another FF that I don't complete all the way through (X-2). How disappointing.

Archived