Song Jae Rim Has Advice for People Who Go on Unhealthy Diets

On the upcoming episode of “Same Bed, Different Dreams,” Song Jae Rim appears as a guest and talks about his fluctuating weight problems. After listening to a submission from a mother who is worried for her daughter because of her extreme dieting measures, Song Jae Rim reveals, “I once weighed about 58 kg (127 lbs) […]

The post Song Jae Rim Has Advice for People Who Go on Unhealthy Diets appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

Is it safe to lose almost 20 pounds in a few days like he did? Maybe he meant months.... or even weeks.

yes I was thinking that too! If he lost 20 pounds in a few days, that wouldn't be healthy. You're right, maybe he meant to say months or weeks, or maybe it was mistranslated?

3 hours ago, Kappybelle said:

Is it safe to lose almost 20 pounds in a few days like he did? Maybe he meant months.... or even weeks.

yes I was thinking that too! If he lost 20 pounds in a few days, that wouldn't be healthy. You're right, maybe he meant to say months or weeks, or maybe it was mistranslated?

oh dear... now I'm worrying (o @ o)'''''

All kinds of things could have contributed to what seems to be a drastic weight loss ... timing of weigh-in, types of food/drinks consumed within a 24-hour period before weigh-in, etc. 18 pounds is a lot, but it's almost entirely all water. To lose 18 pounds of fat and/or lean body tissue, a body would need to go into a 63,000 calorie deficit.

And what, exactly, is a "few days"? Even if it was a 4-day total fast (drinking water only) the most fat/muscle he would have lost (I'm assuming an average basal metabolic rate of 1800 cal/day) is about 2 pounds.

Carbs need water, lots of it, to be converted to usable energy ... along the lines of 3 water molecules for each carb molecule. So if one gorges on starchy foods and washes it all down with beer (mmmmmm.....beer!) then yeah, it's conceivable to gain a lot of weight, then lose it all with a strict fast. Is that healthy? meh... all depends on the body. He's young enough and assumably in good health, and as long as he's not yo-yoing his weight like this, he's fine.

Then again, something could have been lost in translation ...

Guest SangWooFanGirl

All kinds of things could have contributed to what seems to be a drastic weight loss ... timing of weigh-in, types of food/drinks consumed within a 24-hour period before weigh-in, etc. 18 pounds is a lot, but it's almost entirely all water. To lose 18 pounds of fat and/or lean body tissue, a body would need to go into a 63,000 calorie deficit.

And what, exactly, is a "few days"? Even if it was a 4-day total fast (drinking water only) the most fat/muscle he would have lost (I'm assuming an average basal metabolic rate of 1800 cal/day) is about 2 pounds.

Carbs need water, lots of it, to be converted to usable energy ... along the lines of 3 water molecules for each carb molecule. So if one gorges on starchy foods and washes it all down with beer (mmmmmm.....beer!) then yeah, it's conceivable to gain a lot of weight, then lose it all with a strict fast. Is that healthy? meh... all depends on the body. He's young enough and assumably in good health, and as long as he's not yo-yoing his weight like this, he's fine.

Then again, something could have been lost in translation ...

Right...translations are not always accurate. I highly doubt it was "a few days"

Another factor to consider is that he just came off a whirlwind of travel, which can wreak havoc with one's body. Changes in diet and sleep patterns, time zones, etc etc etc ... look at his Instagram posting a couple of weeks ago, that is one very tired-looking young man. These things can contribute to weight gain, most of it water, and with the subsequent return to a "normal" routine (it's all relative) could have resulted in the relatively quick loss of that weight.

Archived