------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest happy_tomato

Guest happy_tomato
----------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest centric

What type of roommate is she?! Dang. Tell her off, because she needs a good one. And to just richard simmons her off even more, turn on all the lights in the house before you leave when your lease is up. Maybe you could get some battery-operated lights and tell her to bug off if she tries turning those off too. -_-

i would buy one of those constructor worker helmets (you know.. the ones with a flashlight on it) and walk around the house often and stare at her to talk to her. MAKE SURE the light is on her eyes. just remember to stock up on batteries. saves electricity you know?

Guest creaturedreams

I believe It shouldn't be you that moves out but her.The stupid thing Is she's complaining about consumption of energy and gas whatever yet she Isn't even the one paying for It? therefore If she Isn't paying the rent then you shouldn't be the one leaving..

Guest Kitty07

i would buy one of those constructor worker helmets (you know.. the ones with a flashlight on it) and walk around the house often and stare at her to talk to her. MAKE SURE the light is on her eyes. just remember to stock up on batteries. saves electricity you know?

^ Lol ! That's a really good idea imo . I'd have suggested the same .

If you can't really deal with it , have a huge fit .. break some of her stuff .. then move out ;] Leave her in shock .

If you want the problem to be solved without moving out , why don't you try having a 1 on 1 talk with her .. make sure theres tears included (perhaps it'd break her down) , just try to be really emotional in your reasoning why she should stop being so :crazy: .

Imo it seems theres no way to please her , I don't have that kind of patience to deal with someone that stingy . <_<

Guest Sympathetic

Lmao oh wow, $0.41. Great difference.

Talk to her about it, with or without your other roommate. If she doesn't co-operate, richard simmons her off. Turn on all the lights and when she turns it off, turn it right back on :D

Do whatever till she agrees!

Talk to her about it, with or without your other roommate. If she doesn't co-operate, richard simmons her off. Turn on all the lights and when she turns it off, turn it right back on :D

haha i agreed with this post.

do that or else just move out. let her deal with that crap alone. no one should put up with it.

LOL good one!

just remember that everyone comes from different backgrounds.. from your post, i can clearly see that it's her problem.. but when i used to live with different people in college, everyone did something that bothered others.. (i'm sure i did too) some people come from a house where they were very strict with spending money.. you said she's rich.. actually rich people are more stingy with money and that's how they got rich in the first place.. i actually had a classmate who came from low/middle class and was very strict with spending money. he wasn't cheap or stingy but he'd save as much money as he could without making people think that he's cheap. he wouldn't even dare to use a full paper towel sheet. he'd always cut only half of a sheet from the paper towel roll and used it. and he'd never throw away food and if he saw anyone's leftover food on their plate, he'd eat it. i actually thought it was pretty cool kuz it's just a different way of living a life and i like meeting different people.. :)

people get annoyed by roommates all the time.. and many times, people annoy each other unintentionally from habits they have from the past.. when i first started living in the college suite, we had a maid that came in and cleaned our place like every other week.. and i never cleaned the bathroom or took out trash since i thought the maid was supposed to do everything.. but i guess my suitemate was a very neat person who had to clean things like everyday and wasn't too happy with the fact that i never cleaned or took out trash.. i never cleaned, took out trash or did laundry even when i was living with my family. so i wasn't very used to it and i guess it might have bothered my suitemate. i actually asked him to teach me how to clean the bathroom, do laundry and all these other things i had never done before.. now i do these things on a regular basis and i thanked him a few years after i moved out of the suite..

back to the original topic.. i personally despise cheap/stingy people.. i really can't stand them especially if the landlord of my place is cheap.. i once had to live with a landlord who didn't believe in A/C even when it was over 88 degrees inside the house. i really couldn't stand the heat and ended up buying a really expensive window A/C which was energy star certified (means it uses significantly less electricity). the a/c even came with a specification sheet that said estimated yearly cost of the a/c use is only $35..(that's less than $3/month) when i moved out of the room, my landlord refused to give my deposit back saying that my a/c was the reason why she paid $300+ on electricity bills for 6 months i stayed there.. (there were like 4-5 other housemates who had their fans on 24/7 and i didn't even stay there on weekends) she didn't even say a single word about the a/c when i was actually living there.. i wasn't disappointed at the fact that i couldn't get my $100 deposit back.. but i was really disappointed at the fact that she could be so cheap even though i always spent my own money for things i didn't have to spend my money on.. i even gave her $50 gift cards for several occasions..

Guest tanisagg

just simply wow. I'm not sure how she was brought up but man someone needs to lay down some lecture and law on this girl. REGULATE ladies!

HAHAH ROLF!! It's really funny thought. but about the lights and all. Batteries also cost money and those helmets would probably richard simmons her off.

I believe It shouldn't be you that moves out but her.The stupid thing Is she's complaining about consumption of energy and gas whatever yet she Isn't even the one paying for It? therefore If she Isn't paying the rent then you shouldn't be the one leaving..

Seems like she want you and your friend to move out or someting. it's not fair! Fight back and see how it goes

I suggested that you should buy those that you can save like a couple of dollars on the electricity. I bet you can buy it for a couple of bucks, not sure how much it cost at where you are. tell her about it, you probably saves more than $0.41

I dont get why she cares so much when she's rich and you guys shares the place

Guest mangchilo

You know, if she really wanted to cut back on using the lights to save on electricity, she could just go around with a flashlight all the time. -_- I would point out that if you guys collectively saved $0.41, that means she still only personally saved $0.14. If it bothers her that much, say you'll pay her $0.14 share of the extra $0.41 or whatever on the next month's bill if she'll stop turning off lights to the point where it's excessive.

we've saved $0.41

LOLLLLL, wow i could probably find that much on the streets.

well i guess she's rich cos she's stingy, all these 41c add up y'know? LOL

Guest happy_tomato

yeah, the helmet idea sounds funny :) but i am not wasting even a $1 on her!

i didn't bring it up in the original post, but as a result of her excessive stinginess,

she NEVER contributes in to costs, such as cleaning supplies, necessary things

for the apartment, like a trash can! At one point, she was unwilling to buy a $2

trashcan. She said we'll just keep them in plastic bags, which did NOT work out

because juices from the food would leak out into the floor and she was too irresponsible

to clean up after it.

I'm always fronting the costs for her, so I definitely don't want to waste money

buying a helmet and batteries from her >.<

And regarding the couple hundred dollars she ripped us off on: she told us

the security deposit was $3000 when it was actually $2400, so she kept

the additional $600 we paid her. HUGE issue in itself. Am working on this

with the Landlord/apartment management, who confirmed the S. deposit

for our place was only 2400.

GRRRRRRRRRR ahhhhhhhhhh this girl is driving me crazy.

I like that idea of turning the light back on as soon as she turns it off. ha.

Guest hippiehop

You could just walk into her room and turn off her light whenever she's in there... now THAT would be annoying.

Put seriously, tell her she has no right to dictate what happens in the apartment, you pay just as much as she does. She has no right to go around bossy people around. She also her no right to step into YOUR room unless you give her permission.

yeah, the helmet idea sounds funny :) but i am not wasting even a $1 on her!

i didn't bring it up in the original post, but as a result of her excessive stinginess,

she NEVER contributes in to costs, such as cleaning supplies, necessary things

for the apartment, like a trash can! At one point, she was unwilling to buy a $2

trashcan. She said we'll just keep them in plastic bags, which did NOT work out

because juices from the food would leak out into the floor and she was too irresponsible

to clean up after it.

I'm always fronting the costs for her, so I definitely don't want to waste money

buying a helmet and batteries from her >.<

And regarding the couple hundred dollars she ripped us off on: she told us

the security deposit was $3000 when it was actually $2400, so she kept

the additional $600 we paid her. HUGE issue in itself. Am working on this

with the Landlord/apartment management, who confirmed the S. deposit

for our place was only 2400.

GRRRRRRRRRR ahhhhhhhhhh this girl is driving me crazy.

I like that idea of turning the light back on as soon as she turns it off. ha.

Give her 41 cents and tell her to john tesh off. In fact, since she seems so desperate for money .. everytime you spend a dollar and you're left with change just dump the change in her room.

Also, about the money she stole from you guys ... were there other people present? Did you have witnesses of her saying that it was $3,000? I'd really go as far as threatening to go to the police. This girl seriously sounds like she needs a slap in the face by reality.

Seriously, she's not the type of girl you can just talk to in order to solve things. Ignore her and whenever she turns the lights off just go back and turn it on without saying a single word to her. Set up a camera in your room just in case she gets pissed off and breaks your stuff. Then atleast you have evidence so that she can pay, in full, for what she broke.

When the lease is up I would at least give her a good peice of my mind before I left. Very very bluntly tell her how much of an annoying,crazy,john teshed up person she is.

Archived