I have a crush on my cousin <3

Guest DJbeastboy

Guest DJbeastboy

perhaps its like kdrama?
During my winter break, recently my parent decided to have a road trip all the way up to Utah to attend a burial funeral for our decease grandmother.

I met my cousin, she (she is 23) and she is really sincere, sweet,pretty and caring toward me and my family. I have no idea if she likes me back or not but she did try to have conversation with me a couple times, but i was kept being occupy by my surrounding.

I am 20 and in a awkward situation, my uncle (my side of the family) marry her older sister which makes us kinda related in a sense.. BUT WE ARE NOT BLOOD RELATED or RELATED AT ALL BEFORE

I want to tell my mom about it but i am afraid what she might think and not approve of this, but then again my uncle and his wife has a happy marriage, his wife is really nice and i think her sister just the same. I hope the 3 year age difference wont make her think i am just a little brother :(

I think if we did end up getting married, it will be a really nice since both side of the family get along really great and everyone is happy together. I did over heard my parent saying how she has a really nice figure (shes tall) and a great girl.

I really unsure of what to do, i am coming back to visit again in the summer, and i don't know if i can hold off these feelings and not confess :x

Guest xspringrollsx

Since you're not blood related It should be fine, just not sure on society's point of view. But if your parents don't mind all goes well, confess to her. See how she sees you, if she doesn't have mutual feelings eh well atleast you tried.

Don't you think its stupid to delve that far into the future? You don't even know your "cousin" that well to begin with. What makes you think she wants anything to do with you? Don't be so conceited. Besides, I get the feeling you don't fully understand the concept of marriage.

By the way, you sound like you're 14 not 20.

I think you're thinking too far into the future right now (marriage, etc). There's a good possibility that she doesn't reciprocate your feelings. If you still like her come summertime, confess then and get it out of the way.

Guest Cheri.B*

"my uncle (my side of the family) marry her older sister"

I'm confused.. doesn't this make you her nephew?

You can try to get to know her better and see how she feels about you by confessing. If she is the sincere person you say she is, she'll take it maturely and not get gross out whether to reject/accept you.

Guest Imboredthatsnotfun

Karen: You know who's looking fine tonight? Seth Mosakowski.

Gretchen: Okay, you did not just say that.

Karen: What? He's a good kisser.

Gretchen: He's your cousin.

Karen: Yeah, but he's my first cousin.

Gretchen: Right.

Karen: So, you have your cousins, and then you have your first cousins, and then you have your second cousins...

Gretchen: No, honey, uh-uh.

Karen: That's not right, is it?

Gretchen: That is so not right.

LOL JUST KIDDING

Even if you're not blood related, it is a tricky situation, and could be very disettling to your family.

I am 20 and in a awkward situation, my uncle (my side of the family) marry her older sister which makes us kinda related in a sense.. BUT WE ARE NOT BLOOD RELATED or RELATED AT ALL BEFORE

Your uncle married her sister.

There's no relation. It's not like if I traced both of your family trees, I'd come to a common point.

So what happens when your uncle divorces? She's suddenly no longer a cousin? Lol

I think you're reading too far into her "advances" towards you. Maybe she just wanted to have a conversation with you, after all you guys are cousins; just some friendly family talk ?

Guest onhotwires

"my uncle (my side of the family) marry her older sister"

I'm confused.. doesn't this make you her nephew?

You can try to get to know her better and see how she feels about you by confessing. If she is the sincere person you say she is, she'll take it maturely and not get gross out whether to reject/accept you.

It's technically a cousin, but once removed.

I hope the 3 year age difference wont make her think i am just a little brother sad.gif

Not a little brother... just a... little nephew. ^^;;

Oh wow, I'm mean, lol. It's just that she only tried to have a convo with you and you're already thinking about going out with her and marrying. Even if there wasn't some by-marriage relation, or age difference, or mostly having only met her at a funeral, I'd still say that you're shooting pretty high.

Even though the two of you are not blood related, you are both from the same family. I have a feeling that your parents will not be amused by this at all. As for her being friendly towards you by trying to talk to you, there is nothing wrong with that. You guys are cousins anyway and I think it is pretty normal to try to get to know each other.

Marriage? You are thinking way too far ahead. You only met her once (or a few times), so how can you determine if she is the right one of you?? O__O

Guest ohsnapTIMOTHY

i had no idea guys thought that far into the future haha.

i guess this one is a softy.

three year age difference isn't much, i've dated girls 1-3 years older. it works out well.

mhm, if it's not blood related go for it, just make sure the feeling isn't neutral for the time being. see how she see's you as, try and not put yourself out there like a younger brother.

Guest risible

It's not impossible to have such a relationship, but the outcome of it can be detrimental. I've witnessed an acquaintance of mine go through it (except it was blood-related), and the obstacles she went through devastated her as a person. You'll have to keep in mind that familial values and society will have a large effect on this matter. Should she, your cousin, approve of such matter, and the relationship does progress, you both will need to be strong individuals.

Guest BoomBoomAfridi

Doesn't sound like a big deal to me, but then, I come from a different culture.

*shrugs* It sounds like a crush anyway, cuz you compared it to a K-drama... :P

Guest DarkApprentice89

Ok in addition to what everyone else said ^^^

"During my winter break, recently my parent decided to have a road trip all the way up to Utah to attend a burial funeral for our decease grandmother."

You met a girl ONCE in your own grandmother's burial FUNERAL, and even if not directly at the funeral then during the trip of the funeral. After such a sad event you start to wonder, if the girl you met during your FUNERAL trip is good to go? Nice one....

Oh yes, correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe my understanding of English is very off, and a FUNERAL is actually a very happy event equivalent to that of a wedding.

Are you seriously 20? You sure don't sound 20...you shouldn't jump to conclusions just yet, you don't even know if she likes you. Just because she's initiating the conversation doesn't mean she likes you. -____-

Guest Unanimous

I think the first step here is to talk to HER.

It seems like you are jumping to conclusions and this might lead to some impulsive decisions.

You do not even know if she is interested you in (you are assuming so)

Basically talk to her, get to know her. Find out whether is likes you back and is she okay with the thought of dating you.

Archived