Eyelid Tape Gave Me Stretched Eyelid =(

Guest sarahx3

Guest sarahx3

how do i fix it!
i have been using eyelid tape for about seven months every day, and now my eyelids are so stretched out.

when i try doing my makeup without the tape, i feel like my eyelids have gotten so droopy, and i don't remember them being like this before wearing the tape.

i want to get double eyelid surgery in the future (maybe in a year or two) and i want to stop wearing tape in the meantime. it's a hassle and i have heard it isnt good to have stretched eyelids going into surgery. so my question is...

is there any way to "revive" my stretched and droopy eyelids so they will look like they did before i started using tape???

thank you!

Guest I_play_with_dolls

There really isn't anyway to get your skin the way it was. You'll need the surgery. Your eyes will go back eventually, but not like how it use to be. What I'd reccomend is just stop using the tape for a while.

Don't buy skin tighteners, it won't help D:

edit I wrote in glue xD

Guest ax1989

Skin generates pretty fast - you don't NEED surgery, just wait out, and apply lots of moisturizer especially vaseline and aloe vera, which helps skin to regenerate. When your skin regenerates, new cells form, making your skin tighter and less droopy. You're still young, so don't worry about this too much. :)

Guest bBy_sT4r

thats why instead of using eyelid tape, use the double eyelid glue instead

cus the tape stretches your eyelid out and there isn't really a guaranteed way to make it back to the way it was before

you can try using moisturizers to decrease the droopy eyelids but it won't be the same

Guest chao vivi

theres no definite way it can go back to the original

eyelid tape and eyelid glue stretches your eyelid because you're compressing it everday to make it double.

i know cause i use it too.

the only way i see it is to get the surgery.

um well, i don't know much but,

glue probably isn't better than tape; perhaps worse.

anyway, just don't use the tape for a week or two, i doubt they'd go back to the original shape, sorry.

Guest Tofu_Cloud

i have been using eyelid tape for about seven months every day, and now my eyelids are so stretched out.

when i try doing my makeup without the tape, i feel like my eyelids have gotten so droopy, and i don't remember them being like this before wearing the tape.

i want to get double eyelid surgery in the future (maybe in a year or two) and i want to stop wearing tape in the meantime. it's a hassle and i have heard it isnt good to have stretched eyelids going into surgery. so my question is...

is there any way to "revive" my stretched and droopy eyelids so they will look like they did before i started using tape???

thank you!

i would like to know too!!! no wonder my eye meat got saggy and droopier

Guest lovesicles

-_-; i don't understand why people use double eye lid tape.

it's obvious and gives you droopy eyelids. :|

but yeah. just stop using for a while.

and maybe.. just stop using it all in all.

unless you want to keep having droopy eyelids.

your choice, mang.

Guest jelly_pudding

and I thought using it would eventually form a double eyelid but instead it just gets droopy?

i don't think you will get double eyelids by using the glue or having the tape on everyday.. unless you start using it when you are like 5? lol who knows...

-___-;

Guest Namine

i don't think you will get double eyelids by using the glue or having the tape on everyday.. unless you start using it when you are like 5? lol who knows...

-___-;

uh yes it works LOL .

ppl use it a lot, and not since they are 5, some start at like 18, and still get it in a few years orso if they're lucky .

and if you're planning on getting double lid surgery, its okay.

the surgeon can just remove the stretched skin (: it doesn't sound great, but it can just be part of the procedure

Guest lvff_

stop using it. if you're planning on getting surgery, it will be more difficult to operate on stretched skin and make it look nice. (same reason why surgery is not rec'd for older patients..) and it is ideal that you stop using glue/tape 3 months prior to surgery to regain your normal eyelid elasticity.

Guest wootwoot

that happened to me, i stopped using the tape and the skin isnt as droopy as it was before but i don't think it'll ever go back to the days when i didn't put on tape => moral of the day - stop using glue or tape ASAP

Guest Tofu_Cloud

thats why instead of using eyelid tape, use the double eyelid glue instead

cus the tape stretches your eyelid out and there isn't really a guaranteed way to make it back to the way it was before

you can try using moisturizers to decrease the droopy eyelids but it won't be the same

what is double eye lid tape??? how is it different in preventing saggy eye skin compared to other glue/tape?

Guest lovesicles

uh yes it works LOL .

ppl use it a lot, and not since they are 5, some start at like 18, and still get it in a few years orso if they're lucky .

the surgeon can just remove the stretched skin (: it doesn't sound great, but it can just be part of the procedure

but even with double eyelid surgery, it comes undone sometimes.

so what makes you think the eyelid is surefire. >>;

Guest sushiwhore

uh yes it works LOL .

i've actualyl been using glue/ tape for liek 4-5 years.. o_O

well istopped like 1-2 years ago.. it def stretched out my skin.. but i now have double lids =D

jsut neeed to curl my lashes and kapow =D

it depends on the type of surgery you go for..

some is an actual cut ... others its jsut an incision and it kidna 'staples your skin there

o_O the second choice is known to pop out more

o-o so doing it the old school way has a high er chance of not popping out but the thing is healing takes forever ..

Guest Namine

what is double eye lid tape??? how is it different in preventing saggy eye skin compared to other glue/tape?

it doesn't prevent, it causes x3 ?

uh, with the eyelid surgery, sometimes the surgeon cuts off saggy/extra skin. x_o

if it still sags then.. i don't know lol.

that being said, im not a surgeon, but people have said that's what happened when they got it done.

Guest MIKI♥

maybe your eyelids are already pretty thin so they stretch easily?

one of my friend has used tape for a year and a half and it hasn't stretched at all, in fact now she has natural double eyelids = 3 =

but her eyelids are pretty thick so...i guess some people are more fortunate than others

i would say stop using the tape for a while (even though you'll look weird, but there's a chance it won't be so saggy afterwards)

have you tried double eyelid fiber? i saw a japanese makeup tutorial using that and it looks like it won't stretch as much as tape

but i'm no expert XD

Guest loveandhatred

I had that problem before as well. You may want to stop wearing it every day. Stop using it for one to two weeks, apply lots of moisturizers.

I would like to ask you, did you applied waters on them before you took them off?

If you peel them off straight away, it'll stretch your skins further.

Archived