Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

B B Cream Aka Blemish Balm #2~ Hottest Foundation Trend In Asia [last Update: 25Apr10

Replies

• vanness77vanness77 LOVE ParadisePosts: 1,056Friend of Soompi

IDOL

I just got my Skin Food Mushroom BB cream 2 days ago...it's perfect for my skin image
  • elexelex Posts: 204Member
    edited July 2008
    QUOTE (azncrow7 @ Jul 29 2008, 04:51 AM) »
    Are there any reviews for Missha Perfect Cover #21? Been really lazy to put on make-up, so I'd like something easy. Plus it's more affordable now, but I want to see what other people think. >_<

I have only tried Liole Beyond the Solution BB cream, but I must say that unless you don't have much of an undertone it would work better with a PINK undertone. I am a yellow undertone and when I tried it on it looked off. You can use a primer/moisturizer underneath that has SPF for sun protection. I actually think a primer/moisturizer helps make it glide and look better on the skin. You can try the powder pact on top, but it might be heavy and you need a LOT of powder to get the specified SPF. Hope I helped. (:

thanks azncrow7, i have a day cream and spf so i guess i can mix both under bb cream and see how that works first before investing in their powder. i JUST received my brtc's gold caviar bb cream - it's my very first use. it looked pinkish before i put it on but i think it evened out and matched my skin more after lik 20 mins. the texture is very matte on my skin - don't know if i like that but i will do a full review with pix after a few days of use.

that's strange cause some peeps have said that lioele is suitable for yellow undertone but that wasn't the case for you. it's so hard to pick one with so many diff. results, ugh! have you tried any other bb creams that matched your skin better? if so, could you tell me which one worked the best? i have a feeling my skin is similar to yours.......thanks!
    QUOTE (yoonahong @ Jul 29 2008, 04:27 AM) »
    Ahhh screw it xD

I just ordered the BRTC Gold Caviar and the BRTC Perfect Recover. I figure I'll try them both and buy more ofthe one I like better. So when they arrive I'll have four bbcreams. Hanskin Super Magic, Missha Perfect Cover in shade #21, and the two BRTC's. They're sooooooo cheap here in korea. My hanskin and missha were about 15 each and I'm spending about 40 on the BRTC's together. So might as well get as many as I can while I'm here. I'm gonna buy a few bottles of the bbcream I like the most after I try all four =)

hey yoonahong, how in the world are you getting your bb creams so cheap?? i paid $60 for my brtc gold caviar!
  • O0OITSTIFFANYYO0OITSTIFFANYY Posts: 394Member
    is it just me or are all the links broken?
    Tiffany&Co's Store, Status, Requests, & Survey - featuring ADORABLE KOREAN NOTEBOOKS and CCT/YY ON-HAND ITEMS
  • luv4dawaveluv4dawave NYC for now [=Posts: 583Member
    I just got my batch of BB Creams a few days ago, I still need to test them all, but here is my review for the ones I have tried:

Lioele Beyond the Solution: I heard a lot of good things about this one, but I didn't really like it. It dried up my skin and made me look like a ghost. It might be because I got tanner throughout the summer, so the difference in skin tones was very obvious, but either way, coverage was not so good either. It is definitely not oily, since my skin got super dry after its use.

Dr. Jart Black Label: SUPER GOOD. I love this one. It gives a good natural look, and it blends in perfectly with my skin. I have a lot of dark freckles, but this bb cream made it a lot lighter so it was less noticeable. It wasn't oily and gave a nice matte finish. I prefer this over Lioele anyday.

Hanskin Perfect Super Magic: Well, this didn't do much to my skin except make it whiter. I was hesitant to use it at first because of its dark color, but it ended blended well after a few minutes. Not too much coverage, just whitening properties for me.

Well, that's all the ones that I have tried. I still need to test out the Skin79 Super Plus Triple Function, the Skin79 Gold Label, and the Skin79 Pink Triple Functions. Basically, all the Skin79 ones lol. I'm not expecting much from them though, as reviews for Dr. Jart's has been higher. Anyway, that's my take on these BB creams. Remember, don't take my word for everything--my skin is most likely different from others! The best way to see which BB cream fits, is by trying it out for yourself.

GifHeart.gif
  • Baby.dollBaby.doll has been busy lately . Posts: 2,205Member
    QUOTE (O0OITSTIFFANYY @ Jul 31 2008, 08:40 PM) »

Yeah, the links are broken T_T
    Crud, I wanted to read the reviews...
  • Psychotic OtakuPsychotic Otaku Listen to the Cries of the Planet Posts: 3,079Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited August 2008
    I use Skin79's 'Intense Classic Balm UV' it's alright, it's a whitening BB Cream though. Anyways, it's a little lighter compared to my natural skin tone.. My face has gotten really pale now. Been buying Likas soaps to even out the rest of my body lol

The texture's medium, and it blends pretty well. As for the coverage it's sheer if I apply one layer, but medium if I apply multiple layers. The oil control's not that bad. After maybe 4 or 5 hours I need to blot once and I'm alright for the rest of the day. It's kind of lavender scented, which isn't too powerful. So I'm fine with that. By the way my skin type is combo (oily-dry)

(lol don't mind the closet)
  • blurrblurr ? go awayPosts: 744Member
    i just got "Gowoonsesang BB cream" i think in SPF 30? ;__;".. it didn`t make any difference to my skin at all o__O and idk why.
    paffu.net /
    survey /
    brisbane, australia.
  • netnutnetnut Posts: 14Member
    QUOTE (O0OITSTIFFANYY @ Jul 31 2008, 10:40 PM) »

I thought my account had a problem. I couldn't go to all the review links but all links outside soompi. Now you are not alone.
  • azncrow7azncrow7 California, USPosts: 666Member
    QUOTE (elex @ Jul 31 2008, 01:15 PM) »
    thanks azncrow7, i have a day cream and spf so i guess i can mix both under bb cream and see how that works first before investing in their powder. i JUST received my brtc's gold caviar bb cream - it's my very first use. it looked pinkish before i put it on but i think it evened out and matched my skin more after lik 20 mins. the texture is very matte on my skin - don't know if i like that but i will do a full review with pix after a few days of use.

that's strange cause some peeps have said that lioele is suitable for yellow undertone but that wasn't the case for you. it's so hard to pick one with so many diff. results, ugh! have you tried any other bb creams that matched your skin better? if so, could you tell me which one worked the best? i have a feeling my skin is similar to yours.......thanks!

Well like I said, if it's just a SLIGHT yellow undertone it might work. I think for a lot of people it seemed yellow at first probably because of their lighting, but then they saw it actually looked off elsewhere. I have fair skin(NC15 in winter, NC20 in summer), but I can tell I definitely have a yellow undertone. I have oily/combination skin, and it controls oil decently except for my nose. But my nose is also REALLY oily so I HAVE to have an oil-absorbing sunscreen under, and quite liberally for the nose. I don't know what undertone you have, but having different undertone cream = no no. Even if it looks fine after awhile, it will still have that "off"-ness. I experimented with a bunch of BB creams in SEVERAL lightings, so I can assure you that. :/
    I can't really tell you which one is the "best", you just have to see for yourself. But if you have the same skintype compared to me, then I can put up some reviews later.
    edited August 2008
    I heard Diana Stalder's papaya kojic soaps are the BEST but read there are misleading false ones claiming to be the same thing: http://reviews.ebay.com/DIANA-STALDER-and-...CAT:-1:SEARCH:4

and read this is pretty much the only site that will have guaranteed authentic Diana Stalder's products:
    http://pinaybeautyproduct.webs.com/index.htm
  • annieangelannieangel AustraliaPosts: 780Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

edited August 2008
    BROKEN LINKS

The links are broken because graceyoon split and merged the two(2) topics together so now the links are different. I'll have to go through the old thread again to fix them up >__<;

Please give me time to fix them~

If you're really desperate: replace s=&showtopic=170998 with showtopic=234275 after you've clicked on the link
  • reallyAmusedreallyAmused Yay Panda! SeattlePosts: 1,711Friend of Soompi
    edited August 2008
    ^Oh noez O_O
    You are amazingly dedicated though

QUOTE (elex @ Jul 31 2008, 09:20 PM) »
    I heard Diana Stalder's papaya kojic soaps are the BEST but read there are misleading false ones claiming to be the same thing: http://reviews.ebay.com/DIANA-STALDER-and-...CAT:-1:SEARCH:4

and read this is pretty much the only site that will have guaranteed authentic Diana Stalder's products:
    http://pinaybeautyproduct.webs.com/index.htm

wrong thread?

And I tried the Missha Watery BB cream for the first time today and here's my review (I tried to make it look organized...):

Texture: Very watery, much more liquid in texture than any other BB cream I tried before. but that made it easier to blend

Coverage: eh...nothing amazing which is a bit disappointing since I heard that Missha bb creams had very good coverage. Dr. Jart black label had more coverage but Skinfood ginko/aloe had less.

Tone: A very very good fit for me, and I lean towards the darker spectrum of bb creams. If Dr. Jart black label was a good color fit for you than this would probably be too.

Oil control: Very little, it's made more for dry skin so it makes sense

Overall: It didn't blow me away but this is my first day using it so I don't have a definitive opinion yet.
  • NaimieNaimie Naimii Posts: 785Member
    I need more reviews on the Gowoonsesang BB cream if anyone has tried it=] Don't forget to state your skin-type and if you're fair or tanned, oh and how long you been using it for=D
  • faintblissfaintbliss canadaPosts: 582Member

ROOKIE

yay just ordered missha watery! image *excited* heh. i like this topic, because it's so much more organized :3 THANK-YOU!
    왜 ...

• netnutnetnut Posts: 14Member
    edited August 2008
    A few days ago, I posted the review of BRTC Perfect Recover and Missha M Perfect Cover SPF 42 Shade #21.

Here is another review of Missha M Watery SPF 27 PA++ = 2 days used.

My skin type: Oily, acne-prone, some clogged pores (white/blackheads), freckles, old acne scars (not deep)

My skin tone: Light and my face always turns red. I'm still not sure if I have yellow or pink undertone.

Texture: Liquidy, very easy to blend like a tinted moisturizer but a bit thicker. Not that dewy but a little matte finish.

Coverage: Sheer or nothing in the end of the day.

Tone: Darker than BRTC & Missha Perfect Cover SPF42. Once it was firstly on my face, it looked slightly dark but I fixed it with a lighter shade of mineral powder. No brightening effect. This cream blended into my skin amazingly after an hour. (just like no bb cream on it)

Oil Control: After 3 hours, my face looked dewy not so greasy like Missha Perfect Cover SPF 42. I blotted my face twice a day with this bb cream (every 4 hours) then I washed it off. Comparing to BRTC Perfect Recover, the Watery comes in the 2nd place so far. I still have 5 more bb creams to go.

Overall: This is still manageable with the oil control but the coverage I have to say NO NO .. I pass Missha M Watery because I prefer to put only sunscreen (higher level of spf) with oil-absorbing property on my face than this kind of bb cream as it will make my skin look more natural. No point to wear The Watery since this bb cream also gives me a natural look no coverage like nothing no makeup on skin anyway.
  • RodarteRodarte bo peep?bo peep Posts: 1,721Member
    edited August 2008
    QUOTE (Naimie @ Aug 1 2008, 01:06 AM) »
    I need more reviews on the Gowoonsesang BB cream if anyone has tried it=] Don't forget to state your skin-type and if you're fair or tanned, oh and how long you been using it for=D

I've been using Gowoonsesang Brightening Balm for about a week:

My skin type: Oily, but with dry spots

My skin tone: Pretty fair, but a bit tanner in the summer, I have a yellow undertone

Texture: Medium, not too watery and not thick

Coverage: Pretty good, can layer it for better coverage, but it looks natural

Tone: Darker than the Hanskin Super Magic, it matches my tanned skin right now.

Oil Control: After a few hours I only had to blot my t-zone.

Overall: I *really* like this image It has pretty good oil control (I have oily skin) and makes me look matte yet slightly dewy (which I like).
    It's really smooth and glides on well, I only use half a pea-size because it's really easy to blend.
    Coverage is pretty good, 1st layer has decent coverage, but the 2nd layer is even better (but I usually only stick with the one layer)
    The only thing is, my skin was quite fair before, but I'm a bit tanned now and this BB cream shade suits me completely.
    I look really healthy and natural with this, doesn't even look like I have makeup on.
    But in the winter, I'm not sure this colour will suit my paler skin~ So I guess I'll have to see.

I've used Skin79 Dermarx, Skin Food Gingko, and Hanskin Super Magic BB cream.
    ♥ facebook ♥ tumblr ♥ twitter ♥
  • ladeekimladeekim SingaporePosts: 65Member
    I've been using coogi and skin79 dermarx recently and i have to say the oil control isn't bad! Worst out of the lot for oil control is skinfood's mushroom bb cream
  • sarangiesarangie Virginia, USPosts: 872Member
    hi~ i've been hearing about bb cream...and plan to buy one.
    but i have a question.

what is the difference between the BRTC perfect blemish balm and the BRTC perfect project
    blemish balm? is it the same? one of the links (provided on the first page) had one of the
    ebay shops and it has the product that says "BRTC perfect project" image
  • deppstardeppstar SingaporePosts: 3,375Member
    edited August 2008
    QUOTE (sarangie @ Aug 4 2008, 09:09 AM) »
    hi~ i've been hearing about bb cream...and plan to buy one.
    but i have a question.

what is the difference between the BRTC perfect blemish balm and the BRTC perfect project
    blemish balm? is it the same? one of the links (provided on the first page) had one of the
    ebay shops and it has the product that says "BRTC perfect project" image

BRTC perfect blemish balm has been discontinued.

hanskin super magic bb cream works for me, as in, skintone. appears dark (well, darker than other bb creams i have used) but adjusted to my skin colour quickly.

im a NC20/25 for reference. image