Brusky: Student Art Exhibition Poster

Guest Brusky

1st graphic design project of the semester
Mm...yeah, so the title's pretty self-explanatory. There basic goal for this project was to create a poster for Cypress College's annual student art show each May. Just finished this today and had it printed. Class critiques have gone pretty well so far. Thought I'd share it here as well.

Oh, and for those who don't know yet, I've been accepted to California College of the Arts (CCA), one of the best design schools around the world (BusinessWeek Oct '06). I'll be moving to San Francisco for Fall '07. :)

studentartexhibitionposterc2final10.jpg

Click for the full size. :)

Guest satisfaction!

Omg Bruce!

CONGRATULATIONS :D

I knew you'd make it into a very good art school!

As for the poster, it's really nicely oriented.

I like the font usage =)

Oh and btw, this is Jessica [HappilyEverAfter.] I gotta username change xD

-Jessica

Wow, awesome work.

I like how you only used three colours. Very simple and neat.

The effect you added in the text really stands out and draws the audience towards the poster. I really like it.

Also congratulations for being accepted into the college =)

Guest &gravity.

I'm a sucker for anything black, white, and gray. I like the simplicity, but of course, that's a good thing since it's a poster. You kind of don't want anything very messy and busy on a poster. Honestly, if I saw something posted up around school, I would attend just because the poster looks cool. :sweatingbullets: I'm pretty sure you'll get good comments from us too. No wonder AJ talk so highly of you.

Guest tru__minute

Simple but effective

Beautifulously great job Bruce :)

ps, I am thinking.. of going to study in Italy for design -> Istituto Europeo di Design.

I'm a sucker for anything black, white, and gray. I like the simplicity, but of course, that's a good thing since it's a poster. You kind of don't want anything very messy and busy on a poster. Honestly, if I saw something posted up around school, I would attend just because the poster looks cool. :sweatingbullets: I'm pretty sure you'll get good comments from us too. No wonder AJ talk so highly of you.

hehe thanks. and aj speaking highly of me? he's always talkin' poo poo when he talks to me :lol:

whoo hoo! go bruce!

the poster is amazing! :)

ty :)

lol with your skills I guess that's not very shocking..^^

did you make the font yourself?? those grids?

I love the whole layout :D

:blush: thanks hapix

nah, i didn't make the font myself. i got it from www.dafont.com. it's called 'docteur atomic' :)

Simple but effective

Beautifulously great job Bruce :)

ps, I am thinking.. of going to study in Italy for design -> Istituto Europeo di Design.

hehe thanks amy. wow, abroad huh? i'm not familiar with any of the schools outside of the u.s., but that'd definitely be an interesting experience. would it be for a summer/semester/year/all?

Congrats on getting into the Collage~~! The poster looks great, i love the grungy looking ish text.

Top stuff dude.

--Kathy

thanky :)

Guest MiSs L.E

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS! =D i wish you the best of luck! *salutes* ^^ i love seeing your work around here~! <3

agreed with someone up there. simplicity is love. ^^ well, changed the words abit. xD it catches my eye o_o i like~

- Hannah

Guest Atmosphere.

it's very simplistic and clean, JUST THE WAY I LOVE IT XD

Thats awesome that you got accepted to CCA!!!, CONGRATS!!!!!!! ^_^

I didn't know it was a best art college in business, wow I learned something today!! shocking =x XD =P

Congrats!! ^^

My favorite studio instructor was a professor of [i think] architectural or design theory at CCA... he was visiting as an instructor at my school this past summer. Bogan, if you want to look him up! He's awesome!!

Guest EYJAYJAY

where's my 50 bucks <_< good stuff but i'll say it's crappy till i get the mulah ;)

and i havent told you so, but im proud of you making that school buddy. keep it up

sweet poster. :) i like how it's simple and to the point, though i'm sure cypress college (text) could be a bit bigger to make it stand out? o_O i dunno, that's just me. congrats on getting into CCA. i wonder if they have master's programs there. O_O

yeah, as a matter of fact, they do, and in quite a few areas: http://www.cca.edu/academics/graduate/ :)

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS! =D i wish you the best of luck! *salutes* ^^ i love seeing your work around here~! <3

agreed with someone up there. simplicity is love. ^^ well, changed the words abit. xD it catches my eye o_o i like~

- Hannah

hehe thanks hannah. i'm glad you like it. =p

it's very simplistic and clean, JUST THE WAY I LOVE IT XD

Thats awesome that you got accepted to CCA!!!, CONGRATS!!!!!!! ^_^

I didn't know it was a best art college in business, wow I learned something today!! shocking =x XD =P

haha iono about it being a best art college in business, but it's one of the best "art & design" schools though. it was just included in a list of design (of all disciplines i.e. technology) that BusinessWeek put together. http://bwnt.businessweek.com/dschools/2006...p;resultNum=100 11th one down. :)

Congrats!! ^^

My favorite studio instructor was a professor of [i think] architectural or design theory at CCA... he was visiting as an instructor at my school this past summer. Bogan, if you want to look him up! He's awesome!!

thanks twinkl. bogan for arch/design theory eh? i'll be sure to look for him if he's teaching any of the classes i'll be taking. thanks for the heads up :)

where's my 50 bucks <_< good stuff but i'll say it's crappy till i get the mulah ;)

and i havent told you so, but im proud of you making that school buddy. keep it up

haha thanks aj

Guest accursed_desire

Congrats on getting accepted. I heard that's a really good school too. ^^

That poster is brilliant! Simple, yet still attention drawing. I like the choice of fonts, they go really good together. And it's not bright and flashy. I hate bright posters. @___@ I've seen some of your work that you previously posted, and I was always really impressed with it. ^^ (just too lazy to comment until now XD) You're really talented. :)

Good luck in school! =)

I want to major in Graphic Design. I heard the classes and the workload can be crazy most of the time though. :mellow:

Guest tru__minute

Mmmm the program would be 3 years. And they would turn you from noob to pro :lol: . Downside is that you would only walk out with a diploma. They have summer, one year, 3 year, and masters :)

AJ is such a suck up. *cough*

Guest hippo_sleekz

Congrats Brusky in getting into CCA. Im hoping I get accepted into their fall '08 semester, for their graphic design program. The Art Institues arnt appealing to me any more. I like how you turned it into a typography type of a project. I like the ease of the poster. I like how you emphasized the fact that it is a student art exhabition by making those words bigger. It has a really balanced well.

Archived