York University

Guest Honey_Babee

Guest cfcong

o___O There are people who will walk with you??!!

I didn't know that.....................

This is probably going to sound super stupid, but does the Chinese Student Association help students with Mandarin? I know the Japanese one offerred some help with those taking Japanese.....

Good question! =)

As of now, YCSA will be offering language classes.

However, if you need help with Mandarin, I am sure someone is willing to help you, since majority of the people are from Mainland China. However, there are a few number of people like me, who speak Cantonese.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Xiphias

lol go to the japanese club , give them a "T__T" face and "taskete kudosaiii" , there solved =D

CUPE affects most universities in ontario so yea,..... any uni can stirke in the next 6 years, not jus york.

i dun have skool on wednesdays n since i onli have class starting @ 2:30 on fridays, i can come earlier to skool =D so wat time would u 2 want? =p

Guest Honey_Babee

I'm in Korea atm and can get some BB Creams for people if they want.

^ Is that the YCSA? Can I still join? I missed the sign-up on Sept 22! :(

yeah you can. just drop by the office, and someone will give u the form, and help you sign up :D

im usually there tuesdays and thursdays, and in between my breaks on monday and wednesday :P

Guest cfcong

yeah you can. just drop by the office, and someone will give u the form, and help you sign up :D

im usually there tuesdays and thursdays, and in between my breaks on monday and wednesday :P

LOL my office hours that i have to do are on thursdays 1-2:30 yet i haven't seen you there hahaha

Guest cfcong

What is the office room number for YCSA? (:

I might drop by sometime to sign up then!!

340! =)

Office Hours are on Tuesday and Thursday

Sometimes someone will be there on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday too.

We have an upcoming event next sunday! :)

Guest Honey_Babee

LOL my office hours that i have to do are on thursdays 1-2:30 yet i haven't seen you there hahaha

lol, o hush up :P lol

what are we having next sunday? why was i not informed of this. LOL

Guest stephfunny.bunny

^ hahaha aww i'll be your friend =)

man now you have me thinking maybe i should hang around more fobs and hope that i pick up some Chinese

or any other language i wouldn't mind knowing some japanese & Krn!

btw.... who knew so many Yorkers were sommpiers too

^I'll be your friend too. BUT, why dont' you hang around cbk's? I go to the english korean fellowship and nobody really speaks korean~

ok so anyway i'm back, Xiphias, cfcong, I'm sorry for late reply I couldn't make it the whole week because STUPID school made a mistake on a form. next week is reading week right? the week after that lunch time. I can be there wednesday, thursday, and friday. But xiphias can only do friday? cfcong will you be there? stephfunny,aresjk, when are you two free for lunch.

Guest cfcong

i can do thursday anytime [no classes]; however i have YCSA office hour duties from 1-2:30 so if anyone want to meet me or chill. Come to room 340! :D

As for the lunch meetup, I have only a two hour break on Friday's from 10:30-12:30. Wednesday my break is between 11:30-2:30. You'll basically will find me in the YCSA Office almost every time I have a break cus I have nothing better to do... Yes im that pathetic hahaha

Guest Xiphias

well since my thursday ends like at 2:30 yea i guess i can onli make it friday =x, loll i was bzi on midterms as well xD

Whoaaaa soompi lunch meetup!

Where is the YCSA office? I asked one of my friend and she said its in the student center. But because I'm noob, I have no clue where that is o__O. Is the student center the one near the library by Tim Hortons or is it on the upper level by the food court where Wendy's & the other food places are?

I need to make some Mando friends LOL! So I can mooch off some of their skills.

Guest stephfunny.bunny

naoto

i would be good for monday 12:30-2:30

tuesday (i have class @ 2:30 but can come earlier for lunch =])

& friday 12/12:30-1:30

& i have work straight after school on wed & thurs is my day off

i would really love to be able to meet up/have lunch w/ you guys

=( i don't know too many ppl @ york so i'ld love to meet new ppl!

lol we should just make a soompi @ yorku club or something like that haha xD

Guest cfcong

@stephfunny.bunny:

i wish it was that simple to make a club @ york. hahaha

@rabbitales:

the clubs that are recognized by the SLCD have offices at the Student Centre. Yes the Student Centre is the building with the food court of Wendy's, Jimmy the Greek, TacoBell/KFC, Pagoda and etc. To go to club offices, just climb up the spiral staircase and the next 2 floors (Floor 3 and 4) is mainly offices of clubs or associations :)

Whoaaaa soompi lunch meetup!

Where is the YCSA office? I asked one of my friend and she said its in the student center. But because I'm noob, I have no clue where that is o__O. Is the student center the one near the library by Tim Hortons or is it on the upper level by the food court where Wendy's & the other food places are?

It's where wendy's, taco bell, subway is. You know the golden statue by the spiral stairs (Goddess of democracy by the way). Walk up the spiral stairs to cfcong.

edit-too late he replied.

but yeah it seems like Friday is the only time we are all there. Oct 23, 2009... at 12 noon? Xiphias ok? stephfunny can you come a bit earlier, or else Mr.Park will have to leave quickly. Where are we eating?

Guest stephfunny.bunny

^ ooo well the earliest i can make it is @ 12 or 12:30 b/c i have a tutorial from 10:30-12:30 but it lets out early

& who's mr. Park? xD

cfcong haha i know that's true...

so any plans for you guys for reading week other than maybeee reading?

Ah thanks! LOL so all those tiny rooms are club offices....I guess that makes more sense now.

Wahh I wanna come to this lunch meetup since most of my buddies don't have the same break as me any more, so its harder to find chill buddies but Fridays are no-no for me as I have it off so my lazy butt would so not be at school.

Archived