少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread

Guest Soy

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After calming down a bit, I decided to right me a little rant of the newly released song 'Gee'.

So, today, I got up in the morning at 9:54am EST, and well, I was a bit pissed off, because it was my sister who was making a bunch of noise, that caused me to wake up from my slumber. I actually slept around 3:30am doing nothing, but I was really excited to hear the song. The reason I was a bit angry was because I knew the song wouldn't be released until it was midnight in Korea, 10am eastern time. I loath waiting. It's the most frustrating thing in this world. So anyway, I was originally planning to wake up around 12pm so that there would be a high quality MP3 released, however, it's 2pm, and that still hasn't happened. I got up, brushed my teeth, blahblah, my daily routine in the morning, and then I opened my computer, that loaded super slow. I then proceeded to enter the Soshified Forum, and wait by the SBOX for a link, lyrics, anything really. Then, finally, a link appeared and with my quick ninja skills, I clicked it, downloaded it, and opened the file to listen to it. I was already informed with the fact that the quality would be very low, but it did not matter to me, because it was better than nothing. And so commences the spazzing. Once I heard the song, I knew for sure that this song would be a hit.

It seems exaggerated, but it was like nothing I have ever heard, so I was rather pleased. The beginning gave a very oriental feel, as someone mentioned, like you know the kind of music they play in american movies, when someone enters a chinese city or something? Lol. It was unique, in a good way. And then the added sound effects made it even cooler. There was a building climax, and I don't think the climax ever diminished -well only when the song was over. The chorus was amazing. The GREAT part is that, even though people say it is a repetitive song, I don't mind at all because, it actually is also vocally challenging, and not something anyone could mimic easily, you know? PLUS, they are going to be dancing to the song, and with the tempo of the song, it is going to be rather difficult to pull off if you yourself aren't a SNSD member.

I must say, I'm super happy they didn't drift away from their original pop music, because I can safely say that they brought POP back into Kpop, because nowadays, all the songs being released are very americanized. I'm not saying the songs are bad at all, but it was becoming rather worrisome that the songs referred to as the best kpop songs, weren't REALLY kpop, they were just altered American, Korean mixes -if that made any sense. So back to the song, I have to say SNSD has made their trademark -and that is their ability to make upbeat catchy songs have amazing vocals. You can hear, although it's a bit fuzzy, Taeyeon and Jessica's adlibs during and after the bridge. If you listen to any SNSD song, you'll notice that near the end, the amazing voices in the background. I'm just relieved that they didn't completely change their image, and instead just transformed. Kinda like pokemon haha. They are still themselves, and slowly they are growing and evolving. One day, no doubt they'll have the more 'sexy' image, but hopefully, like always, SM will take it step by step and not jump into it. That's what I really like about SM, they never change their artists' image too quickly.

Whew, that was one long rant. I'm so ordering their mini-album, no matter what guys.

Guest xboredguy

well since everyone is excited about the song, i've decided to try to translate

Sica :

Aha! Listen Boy My First Love Story

My Angel and My Girl

My First Story

Oh! Oh! let's go!

Seo Hyun

너무 너무 멋져 눈이 눈이 부셔

so so handsome, your eyes eyes dazzle

그만 미치겠어 떨리는 걸

i might go crazy, im trembling

Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby

Fany:

오 너무 부끄러워 쳐다볼 수 없어

oh too embarrased/shy, i can't look at you

사랑에 빠졌어 수줍은 걸

i fell in love with you, but im so shy

어떻게 하죠 (어떡하죠~) 떨리는 나는 (떨리는 나는요 Yoona)

what should i do (What should i do) im still trembling(im still trembling)

(두근 두근 두근 두근)

thump thump thump thump

Sooyoung

두근두근 거려 밤엔 잠도 못 이루죠

my heart is beating that i cant sleep at night

Sica

나는 나는 바본가봐요 그대 그대 밖에 모르는 바보

im so stupid, someone so stupid who doesnt know

그래요 그댈 보는 맘

how to see it

(not too sure about sica's part)

너무 반짝 반짝 눈이 부셔 no no no no no

your shining shining eyes dazzle

너무 깜짝깜짝 놀란 나는 oh oh oh oh oh

im so so suprised

너무 짜릿 짜릿 몸이 떨려 ge ge ge ge ge

my hot hot body keeps shaking

오 젖은 눈빛 (oh yeah~) 오 좋은 향기 (oh yeah yeah yeah~)

oh your wet shining eyes oh your great fragrance

--------------------------------

Yuri

오 너무 너무 예뻐 맘이 너무 예뻐

oh your heart/mind is so so beautiful its really beautiful

첫 눈에 반했어 속 뛰는걸

a crush at first sight, my heart is racing

Sunny

너무나 뜨거워 만질 수가 없어

so hot that i cant touch you

사랑에 타버려 후끈한 걸 (not too sure about this line)

your burning love becomes musty/smoky

Hyo

어쩌면 좋아 (어쩌면 좋아요) 수줍은 나는 (수줍은 나는요)

oh what can i do to make this better? (what can i do to make this better) im so shy( im so shy)

(몰라 몰라 몰라 몰라) 몰라하며 매일 그대만 그리죠

(dont know dont know dont know) if i dont know everyday, im sure thats how it will be

Tae

그냥 친구들은 말하죠 정말 너는 정말 못말려

let's just say we're friends we're really really friends

바보 하지만 그댈 보는 난

i may be stupid, but thats what i see

im so so suprised

-------------------------

Yuri

말도 못했는 걸 너무 부끄러워 하는 난

i cant speak im so embarrassed/shy

Tae

향기가 없는 걸까 어떡해야 좋은 걸까

do i not have a smell? what should i do to make this better?

두근 두근 맘 졸이며 바라보고 있어 (ya~)

my beating heart i continue to look inside (not too sure about this line)

im so so suprised

오 젖은 눈빛 (oh yeah) 오 좋은 향기 (oh yeah)

너의 불이 (켜~ no no no) 반짝 눈이 부셔 no no no no no

your fire/passion (is on~ no no no) your shining eyes dazzle

너무 (깜짝 깜짝 놀란 나는 oh oh oh) 깜짝 깜짝 놀란 나는 oh oh oh oh oh

so (im so so suprised) im so so suprised

너무 짜릿 짜릿 몸이 떨려 (떨려와~) gee gee gee gee gee

오 젖은 눈빛 (oh yeah~) 오 좋은 향기 (oh yeah yeah yeah)

so i did kind of a direct translation

but i feel like i lost the meaning of the song towards the end

its not the greatest but i think it'll do for now

im sure there are others who can translate better so plz give me suggestions

Guest &anita_*

oooo someone on SSF sbox said that someone translated the song so i like rushed here to check rofl~ ohhh i love the translations :] the girls sound sooo cuuute, like it's their 'first love story' ahh so cute <333 thanks so much for the fast translating xboredguy!

now i just want a HQ version of the song :/ though im seriouslyyy loving the background music and the lyrics~ can't wait until the 9th! and the 7th~

and thanks likewhoaitsnii for the romanizations, you are so awesome <3 im going to sing along with the song now rofll

Guest Rositas

well since everyone is excited about the song, i've decided to try to translate

Sica :

Aha! Listen Boy My First Love Story

My Angel and My Girl

My First Story

Oh! Oh! let's go!

Seo Hyun

너무 너무 멋져 눈이 눈이 부셔

so so handsome, your eyes eyes dazzle

그만 미치겠어 떨리는 걸

i might go crazy, im trembling

Fany:

오 너무 부끄러워 쳐다볼 수 없어

oh too embarrased/shy, i can't look at you

사랑에 빠졌어 수줍은 걸

i fell in love with you, but im so shy

어떻게 하죠 (어떡하죠~) 떨리는 나는 (떨리는 나는요 Yoona)

what should i do (What should i do) im still trembling(im still trembling)

(두근 두근 두근 두근)

thump thump thump thump

Sooyoung

두근두근 거려 밤엔 잠도 못 이루죠

my heart is beating that i cant sleep at night

Sica

나는 나는 바본가봐요 그대 그대 밖에 모르는 바보

im so stupid, someone so stupid who doesnt know

그래요 그댈 보는 맘

how to see it

(not too sure about sica's part)

im so so suprised

--------------------------------

Yuri

오 너무 너무 예뻐 맘이 너무 예뻐

oh your heart/mind is so so beautiful its really beautiful

첫 눈에 반했어 속 뛰는걸

a crush at first sight, my heart is racing

Sunny

너무나 뜨거워 만질 수가 없어

so hot that i cant touch you

사랑에 타버려 후끈한 걸 (not too sure about this line)

your burning love becomes musty/smoky

Hyo

어쩌면 좋아 (어쩌면 좋아요) 수줍은 나는 (수줍은 나는요)

oh what can i do to make this better? (what can i do to make this better) im so shy( im so shy)

(몰라 몰라 몰라 몰라) 몰라하며 매일 그대만 그리죠

(dont know dont know dont know) if i dont know everyday, im sure thats how it will be

Tae

그냥 친구들은 말하죠 정말 너는 정말 못말려

let's just say we're friends we're really really friends

바보 하지만 그댈 보는 난

i may be stupid, but thats what i see

im so so suprised

-------------------------

Yuri

말도 못했는 걸 너무 부끄러워 하는 난

i cant speak im so embarrassed/shy

Tae

향기가 없는 걸까 어떡해야 좋은 걸까

do i not have a smell? what should i do to make this better?

두근 두근 맘 졸이며 바라보고 있어 (ya~)

my beating heart i continue to look inside (not too sure about this line)

im so so suprised

오 젖은 눈빛 (oh yeah) 오 좋은 향기 (oh yeah)

너의 불이 (켜~ no no no) 반짝 눈이 부셔 no no no no no

your fire/passion (is on~ no no no) your shining eyes dazzle

너무 (깜짝 깜짝 놀란 나는 oh oh oh) 깜짝 깜짝 놀란 나는 oh oh oh oh oh

so (im so so suprised) im so so suprised

너무 짜릿 짜릿 몸이 떨려 (떨려와~) gee gee gee gee gee

오 젖은 눈빛 (oh yeah~) 오 좋은 향기 (oh yeah yeah yeah)

so i did kind of a direct translation

but i feel like i lost the meaning of the song towards the end

its not the greatest but i think it'll do for now

im sure there are others who can translate better so plz give me suggestions

Thank you very much for share this translatio for us!!! :):):):)

im expecting a lot of this new song of the girls!!!!

but isn't YOONA have solo singing part????

i wanted to hear hear her a lot in this new song...............i hope to hear her in the other new songs sooonnn!!!

thank you, :):):):)

All the girls are working so hard i hope this new song will got mor attention and more new fans for them!!!!

FIGHTING!!!!!!

Thanks for the translation and romanization! I can't wait to learn this song...

Seriously this made my day. Even if it's not a HQ release just yet, I don't care.

Thank goodness I've made a habit of lurking SSF's sbox...otherwise I would have never known that you guys had the lyrics up on here.

And oh em gee, this song is so catchy (I just now got it). You can bet I'll be listening to this nonstop all day haha

Guest omaetofu

Oh, gee! I'M ALREADY HOOKED. :-) Can't wait to hear the HQ one. -faints- *_*

Thanks for posting the links guys. <3 I miss this thread so much. So glad it's finally picking up again. :-)

Wow, the song is amazing. When I heard it the first time, I thought it was only pretty good/okay, but after listening to it for the 2nd time....it's great! Its such a catchy tune as well! I love it when Seohyun opens the song with that super catchy melody.

At first, I thought Gee was just a random english word they decided to use, but after reading the translations of the song, "Gee~" is a perfect way to describe it. Especially since the song describes a girl being shy and embarrassed. You can totally imagine an SNSD member going like " :blush: gee~", right?

I cannot wait for a super HQ version to come out. This song is awesome !

102 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 13 Anonymous Users)

89 Members: k-all, wing834, Soy, sheamanboy, xboredguy, cookiesxp, natallie93, koreanmusicfosho, hkohko7, Lishathestain, neonocom, yenieu, mossy, Yusica, PAMPII, wenwensang, bakades, mymind, mavyoon, Haneul~, sero, baboshi, TVXQ-FLY, ngg_pt, hoangvy, gus_deep, cecil, drew221, yunlovejae, i_wonder88, svisual, Laf_strawberry, _xmadison, Ritchell95, |masa|, gthy, rexwong, pixiegirl99, birdinho, gogoe, mandapanda, yienyienyien, boloroo66, wildorchidz, Linoa, LaBelle, cubyrop, penyu, k_pang12, daLida08, gatezy, ningmeng, luumanhgirl, ssjtomcat, Heartbeat, justinrules, Kikyo91, DaniJiyong, yourmean, freakishkm, Troublesome Tifa, angelsdream, ripley_curley, isabelelf, indosmoothie, lolly88, CphirMaig, koreanmofo425, fesa588, tin2marie, vpower, w4nd3r3r, hyori_uni, uwmissy, insignia, terrorterror5, jinggg., jis112000, Talesy, tkay, Aiko-chan, vinninniv, Vash, spki, Chodae, Jini_1712, wonsuru, twist, eD1s0n

Warned for spamming. How many people reading this thread is totally unrelated to SNSD, it's just about this forum. I already warned someone in the Wonder Girls thread for the same thing.

Guest Shortyyy126

okay i'm listening as i'm typing my post.

the beginning was a total surprise to me! rotfl.

it's different from what i had imagined it to be.

and then homfg it only gets better!!! lol

i like how there's a slow break in between.

oh darn.. it ended. lol.

sooyoung wasn't kidding when she said that the song would end with "yea". lol.

ugh, the quality was pretty darn bad...

but the fact that i still enjoyed the song despite the low quality really says something huh? lol.

i can't wait for the HQ version. xD

thanks for sharing everyone!

edited*

okay i listened to it for the 2nd time... and it was even better than the first time!

for those who are disappointed with the song, try to listen to it a second time, and maybe you'll enjoy it more (cause i sure did).

but if that doesn't help then... replay it ten more times? :D

Guest wing834

im totally loving the song~ and its constantly on reply even though the quality isnt that good~ lol~ cant wait until my copies comes~ i love the official gee pics of the girls~ seohyun is really starting to become my fav member (hence my banner), i love her voice, its so soft, but yet powerful~ (am i makinig sense? lol~) cant wait until their MV comes out, and their live performances!

Guest DLEE5191

is it just me or does gee kinda matchs rock u by kara???? gee gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee gee baby baby then go into Niga neomu johwa ..........................anyone feelin it?

ohh la la la la i'm loving the song , sound really nice

im so late on the whole comeback but i love that they pick the date 9

xP anyway the girls look really cute with their image for this album. It very

simple but super cute yet a little sexy in it =D

the song sounds different from what I expected from the teaser. it has a real cute vibe to it and reminds me of ses's song from their 2nd album.

i think my fav part would be the gee gee gee gee gee baby~ :) can't wait to hear the better quality~ the lyrics are very cutesy as well

Guest &anita_*

@Rositas, i think Yoona has one line..just like Fany and Syoung. I also wish to hear more of herr :/ but what can we do..she was too busy this year with her drama she probably didn't have time to record..but im definitely interested in the other songs that she will be in!

@Dess, ooh haha i also lurk in the sbox, and thats how i found out about the translations also haha ^^ and yeah, song is so catchy! i love it~ :]

@omaetofu, ahh i also can't wait for HQ~ seriously though, i was also hooked, unlike with Kissing You and GG, it took me a while to like those songs.

@etude; omgg, i also love how Seohyun opens the song. She totally suited it. Honestly i thought it was going to be completely different, like maybe all girls singing together, but i hear Seohyun and the tune and im like woah! but it sounds so good!

@edward; you should also comment about the new song..what do you think about it? does it fit your style? (wahah he probably wont answer T_T)

@shortyyy126, yeaaaaah the beginning was like a total shocker! i was expecting like all of them starting off with "GEEgeegee.." but then seohyun sings that tune and im just like O_O but then im like woaaah, awesome lmao~ and yeah..2nd time for me was definitely better!

@wing834, ooh you also ordered a copy? awesome! i also cant wait till mine comes *_* and omgsh, i love seohyun's voice. She sounded so good in the beginning! i also cant wait for the MV and comeback perf!

@DLEE191, mmm its a possibility.. but i think 'gee' has a more upbeat tempo..so it doesn't match too much with that song.. :]

@tmpeeps; yes i also agree about Hyoyeon! when i heard her i was like wow, Hyo has improved alot! ah..can't wait for HQ~

@xox_Diane; yeah haha its super cute that theyre coming back on the 9th! and i like what you said about their image..its simple but super cute..mixed with a little..sexy..? keke :P

@motoway065; mmm yes i agree, i was really surprised at the difference from teaser~ i also love the gee parts haha :]

cecil posted this in sbox this morning:

Taeng on this Saturday Mnet Band Of Brother

taeng is going on many varieties lately~ im happy shes getting alot of exposure!

edit;; topped a page..wow. okay. i will try to post something later..i have to get off right now T_T

Guest shadow_zien

hello guys! (boys and girls) I often view this thread but I don't post a lot *hides*

this song is love! <3

it's stuck on my head when I first listened to it!

it's really different from the teaser, at least from what I've expected :lol:

thanks for the translations!

I think the lyrics fits the melody of the song very well ^^

can't wait for the HQ quality!

the song sounds different from what I expected from the teaser. it has a real cute vibe to it and reminds me of ses's song from their 2nd album.

i think my fav part would be the gee gee gee gee gee baby~ :) can't wait to hear the better quality~ the lyrics are very cutesy as well

Actually haha I've seen a lot of comments from Korean fans about how it reminds them of SES's old stuff, which is great imo. Haha it's like a modernized version of old school kpop, which I really miss ^^ The response so far has been really good. Actually on Sosiz, a member asked what the response from Soshified has been and said that he hopes we like the new song and will support the girls and that we should wait for HQ version of the song to release. Anyways keep buying those albums ^^

ROFL Screw Band of Brothers .. YulTi is going to be on Good Daddy in an english class dude rofl now that's something to look forward to. And then a bunch of variety shows are coming up with the girls

Guest >ch-yo<

the song is awesome..

it makes my heart jump and their voice makes my heart flutter...

kyahh..can't wait for the HQ to come out as well as the MV

this is gonna be a great hit for sure..

Archived