B O A (보아) * Official Thread

Guest jnnfr

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest -Theory-

boa to join a stage musical

0615-boa.jpg

Pop stars BoA, Gang Ta, The Grace and TVXQ are to make the leap to stage musicals, which are enjoying a wave of popularity in Korea. SM Entertainment, the stars’ agency, said Wednesday it will start producing stage musicals next year. Other pop singers like Ok Ju-hyeon, Bada, Hey, Kim Tae-woo and Andy have already appeared in stage musicals to great success.

The Broadway stage musical “Xanadu” is highly likely to be the first show presented by SM Entertainment. Although the company did not officially confirm this, it apparently struck a license deal and is now seeking to rent a mid-sized theater with 600 to 800 seats, having already enquired at such venues as the M theater in the Sejong Center for Performing Arts or the Towol theater at the Seoul Arts Center. Yoo Hee-seong, the executive director of Seoul Metropolitan Musical Theater, said, “SM Entertainment’s musical division leader asked me whether it would be possible for SM Entertainment to rent the M theater in 2008 to present ‘Xanadu.’ I said the major theaters are booked, so it may be possible in 2009.”

“Xanadu” is an affectionate send-up of the 80s movie flop starring Olivia Newton-John. It is attractive to SM Entertainment as the company’s first musical show since it is a light comedy based around some catchy pop songs.

The company has been looking for ways to diversify since the music market shrank to a quarter of the size of its heyday. The entertainment giant has already purchased four small theaters including Teenteen Hall in Daehagno. It has an agent on Broadway and says it is pursuing license deals for several popular stage musicals. SM Entertainment director Lee Soo-man has already mentioned the possibility of branching out into musical production, especially to showcase BoA, several times.

The reaction of industry insiders was mixed. Kim Byeong-seok, the head of the performance department at CJ Entertainment, said, “SM Entertainment’s advance into the stage musical industry will play a positive role in boosting the size of the total market.” But he warned success of a stage musical depends on the quality of the show rather than the popularity of a star or a composer. “SM Entertainment needs to be careful to bear that in mind.”

credits: asianbite

Guest astarael

I swear, all of the Korean streaming sites hate me; it took me forever to get the thing to load.

But I think it's a very pretty song so far, I like the melody, and BoA's voice sounds great in it. I really want to hear the full version now. :]

She sounds really good in "Only Love" too, her voice is really clear. <33 I think she's improved even more; I've noticed how clear she sounds in her recent songs.

Thanks for the rehearsal photos. I love her style, it's casual but really fashionable; the coat and the boots and everything about the outfit is really cool.

It'd be interesting to see her in a musical, but only if it's a good one with a good story and a talented cast. Still, before anything else, I'd like the 6th Korean album, and I think BoA knows that her fans are waiting for it. Her next Japanese album is about to come out, so... it's WAY overdue now.

Hey guys!!!!!

Wow, there's so much to catch up on! THE ANYBAND CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spazzed, hahahahahaha. Tablo <333333333 They sounded great, I loved BoA's high notes in TPL. The other three were amazing as well. <333

This is finals week, so I've been crazy busy with stupid end-of-semester stuff, but I'm done next week! So I can't wait to come back here on a much more regular basis! And I'll be more elaborate in what I say! Haha. But when I remembered the Anyband concerted happened I couldn't resist but to sneak to this here BoA thread. ^___^ Thanks to everyone for all the pictures and news and videos and everything!! Made my night.

My computer won't let me listen to Dec. 27th, but the replies seem to be really good! The people on that site who have commented are all complimenting her voice! ^^

<3333333333333333

Guest atlantis-x

thanks for the rehearsal photos! it sure looks cold since all of them are all bundled up. haha. her outfit is so...stylish but yet casual at the same time. sure looks like a comfortable outfit to be in. haha and that cap is cute! so is jin bora's beanie too.

hmmm a musical? if boa does appear in one, it will take a lot of committment so she might have to suspend her japanese activities just to do that.

though it will really be interesting to see her in something like broadway, in 80s style. stuff like wigs, vintage dresses comes to mind. haha.

and thanks for the preview of 'december 27th'! i agree that her voice sounds very clear! i cant really describe how the song feels like somehow. but it's kind of heartwarming? (i dont understand what's the song about anyway) haha. kind of like the song i will want to sit by a fireplace while watching the snow falling outside(which is not possible for me. haha) and listen to it repeatedly. looking forward the hear the full song now!

Bum: yeah i was thinking it's the mbc korean music festival too. it looks like a rehearsal coz if i m not wrong. the person behind her with that cropped orange tank is stephanie.

I took a little break from studying...and I'm so happy to see the SM winter MV out~~ I'm so glad she was actually there for the group shot this time. SM town is getting HUUUGE.

hahaa...anyway....I noticed in the group shot, she was standing next to Tiffany of SNSD...and I thought that that was so cute because the other day (while I was on another one of my breaks, lol), I saw THIS thread on bestiz. It's basically Tiffany talking about how much she loves BoA on this show she was MCing (I think she introduces herself as "Tiffany who really really really loves BoA unnie", lol. Cuuuute). It's so cute...she starts freaking out whenever she has to talk about BoA for the countdown <3 I hope some REAL making of scenes get released...and they film her with the new artists in SM (like JRI, SNSD, Ahyoomi) as well as her with some of her SM buddies (like Heechul, DBSK, DONGHAE <3). I miss their interaction T_T.

Thanks for posting all the links and pics guys...I haven't had time to look at them yet, but thanks^^

Guest Spazmatik

^ Thanks to everyone for links.

Wooow. I'm so happy BoA was actually IN the MV with everyone else this time around. Yaayy <3

(Though, I couldn't find her in some of the group shots o_o)

And it sure was a step up from the Summer SMTOWN MV where she was only in the first few secs >_<

On December 27th is <3

It sounds really... magical, with all the twinkly sounds ha ha. I really like it!!!

Guest hanjin90

hahaa...anyway....I noticed in the group shot, she was standing next to Tiffany of SNSD...and I thought that that was so cute because the other day (while I was on another one of my breaks, lol), I saw THIS thread on bestiz. It's basically Tiffany talking about how much she loves BoA on this show she was MCing (I think she introduces herself as "Tiffany who really really really loves BoA unnie", lol. Cuuuute). It's so cute...she starts freaking out whenever she has to talk about BoA for the countdown <3

aww~~ i find it cute when the other celebs are her fans esp ppl from SM lol

i <3 her voice in the beginning in the "Only love", her voice is getting clearer & clearer, she improves day by day

i havnt listened to 27th December yet, but from all the comments, i think it's another beautiful ballad from BoA

thanx for all the updates guys

Guest atlantis-x

only love is such a touching song! sure glad to see more of boa in the mv.(: haha. and she stood beside taeyeon as well right? wonder whether that was intentional since many people have been saying that taeyeon looks like boa.(i dont see the resemblance though) haha. but boa is like obstructed even when she is in the second row! haha. too small.

and lose your mind performance on MS tonight!(:

1197025048_1.png

1197025048_2.png

1197025048_3.png

1197025048_4.png

1197025048_5.png

1197025149_1.png

1197025409_1.png

1197025409_2.png

1197025679_1.png

1197025679_3.png

1197025679_4.png

1197025679_5.png

1197025934_1.png1197025934_2.png1197026640_1.png1197026374_1.png

credits to bestiz.

her hair is long and straight again! haha. and she's wearing the same dress top thing again.

^ yay omg thank you everyone for all the links and updates. I really like December 27th, but lol I still don't know what the title means. And BoA is actually in the MV with everyone else!

And BoA in a musical? I really can't wait for that too.

Now I need to see BoA's performance in MS lol

Guest atlantis-x

^haha the last few caps are so cute! they can be made into some hair commercial or something! haha. her hair dont seem to be messed up despite getting blown. funny how the fan was blowing at the wrong direction.

BoAセクシー新CM15日からオンエア

歌手のBoA(21)が出演する东芝のau向け携帯电话「W55T」の新CMが15日からオンエアされる。テレビやライブでは见られない、セクシーなドレスに身を包んだBoAの大人っぽい表情が印象的な内容となっている。CMソングは、BoAの12日発売の新曲「LOSE YOUR MIND」が采用されており、BoAは「CMと同じく、オシャレですてきな女性のことを描いているので、たくさんの人に见ていただきたいです」とアピールしている。

3de62f73ca82d1118701b00b.jpg

credits to hmeng_boa @ baidu.

hmmm. apparently it's supposed to be released officially on 15th but there are already clips of it online. haha.

Archived