[drama 2007] The King And I 왕과 나

s@nbi

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i watched episode 9 and i've just got to say..

i'm terribly dissapointed in oh man suk's and hye bin's sageuk acting =/

i don't think i'll continue watching this if epi 10 is just as bad at 9..

i miss the kid actors.. in my opinion,

they were much, much, MUCH better then their adult versions --;

sad.

So it wasn't just me.. I had the same reaction.

The kids were so great then we flashforward to the adults and they totally dropped the ball compared to their younger counterparts. I knew without a doubt Go Joo Won would suck because he's just about the worst actor I've ever seen, but Oh Man Seok??? Wow! He is surprisingly 어색 in here! Ahn Jae Mo and the veteran actors are known to be good actors, so no worries or surprises with them, but at this point, Goo Hye Sun, who was criticized the most in the planning stages of the drama, is the only one who has people taking back their criticisms about her acting, but even so, she isn't that solid.

I don't know how much longer I will be watching this series and uploading the episodes, but here are the rest of the episodes.

rmvb episodes, raw

episode 7

episode 8

episode 9

episode 10

The kids were so great then we flashforward to the adults and they totally dropped the ball compared to their younger counterparts. I knew without a doubt Go Joo Won would suck because he's just about the worst actor I've ever seen, but Oh Man Seok??? Wow! He is surprisingly 어색 in here! Ahn Jae Mo and the veteran actors are known to be good actors, so no worries or surprises with them, but at this point, Goo Hye Sun, who was criticized the most in the planning stages of the drama, is the only one who has people taking back their criticisms about her acting, but even so, she isn't that solid.

i think we are all on the same side of the boat.

the main adult actors were kind of bleh in their acting, especially the KING.

will he become older and be replaced by another actor?

right now the ones that are maintaining my interest in this drama are the supporting casts...they have the SOLID acting required.

i hope these veteran ones can mentor the younger actors especially the one portraying the KING...he actually should be in the supporting casts rather than in the lead cast, to gain more experiences and skills in acting. i wonder if SBS did some SCREEN TEST for this series to see if the actors fit the role.

or they couldn't because the script for the adult casts wasn't written yet during the casting phase?

what other series did he appear in?

Guest cafechoc

I don't know how much longer I will be watching this series and uploading the episodes, but here are the rest of the episodes.

rmvb episodes, raw

episode 7

episode 8

episode 9

episode 10

Hey jahye, what's does 어색 means, how do u pronounce it?

Granted that some of the adults' acting isnt good and certain few are (dont think I need to repeat the names coz everyone else is doing a good job at judging who's good and not :P ). However, so far, I have yet to think of stopping this series coz the plot is there, plus, after ChengDong enters palace, I'm pretty sure him and Hansu are going to cross each other's path a lot of times, so yea, Ahn JaeMo & Oh ManSeok together, sounds like a good combi, no?

I believe it's a matter of getting used to the adults, watch a couple more times, hopefully they will slowly grow on us.

As long as the directing of plot doesnt go bad, some of those adults dont act worse, and with Oh ManSeok & Ahn JaeMo, I think I will continue watching it. :D

I'm pretty excited about this week's episodes actually, too bad the earliest I can watch would be on Wednesday since I rent it from a Korean video shop, unless anyone here is willing to upload links for it before then, hehe. :P

Hey jahye, what's does 어색 means, how do u pronounce it?

Granted that some of the adults' acting isnt good and certain few are (dont think I need to repeat the names coz everyone else is doing a good job at judging who's good and not :P ). However, so far, I have yet to think of stopping this series coz the plot is there, plus, after ChengDong enters palace, I'm pretty sure him and Hansu are going to cross each other's path a lot of times, so yea, Ahn JaeMo & Oh ManSeok together, sounds like a good combi, no?

I believe it's a matter of getting used to the adults, watch a couple more times, hopefully they will slowly grow on us.

As long as the directing of plot doesnt go bad, some of those adults dont act worse, and with Oh ManSeok & Ahn JaeMo, I think I will continue watching it. :D

I'm pretty excited about this week's episodes actually, too bad the earliest I can watch would be on Wednesday since I rent it from a Korean video shop, unless anyone here is willing to upload links for it before then, hehe. :P

are you not downloading from Clubboxes?

because some clubboxes are fast. like 5 hours after the airing they have it uploaded ready for download.

i will continue this series, because as you said, the plot is there. there is actually an interesting story.

there are a lot of hit series, by which the actors acted bad, and yet with cutesy acting they sold an interesting series... :D

i think the main lead here is really Oh Man Suk...so i hope with him and Han Su they can create a powerful chemistry that keep us all at the edge of our seats.

and it seems in the news, people are now praising the acting of the female lead and OMS, after moving the audience in tears in epi 11.

i am excited to watch epi 11...

======================

cafechoc,

can you give the gist of this news...

i want to know what was the people's sentiments on epi 11.

‘왕과나’ 성인연기자들 ‘구구절절 눈물 연기’ 시청자들 호평 “성인 적응 끝났다”

[뉴스엔] 2007년 10월 02일(화) 오전 06:29

20071002062903314e7_070037_0.jpg

[뉴스엔 김형우 기자]

‘왕과 나’에 본격적으로 출연한 성인 연기자들이 감정넘치는 눈물 연기로 빛을 내기 시작했다.

SBS 대하사극 ‘왕과 나’ 1일 11회에서 두 주인공 처선(오만석 분)과 소화(구혜선 분)의 가슴아픈 이별이야기가 그려졌다. 지난 주 9회분부터 본격 등장하기 시작한 오만석과 구혜선은 이날 사랑하는 여인을 보내는 한 남성의 심정과 정인과 다시 이뤄질 기회지만 얼굴조차 보지 못하고 슬픔으로 병까지 돋은 여린 여자의 모습을 실감나게 그렸다.

더욱이 내시 문소운 역으로 나선 강인형의 눈물어린 여장 연기도 시청자들의 눈길을 사로잡으며 박수를 받았다.

오만석은 이번 방송에서 후궁으로 들어가는 소화와 작별을 나누며 애처로운 눈물을 감춰 시청자들의 마음을 짠하게 만들었다. 또 그동안 친모로 여긴 월화(윤유선 분)로 부터 출생의 비밀을 알게돼 고뇌에 빠진 아들의 슬픔도 완벽하게 소화해냈다. 게다가 오만석은 판내시부사 조치겸(전광렬 분)과의 약속을 지키기 위해 자궁(거세)을 시도하는 충격적인 모습까지 선보이며 시청자들의 가슴을 졸이게 만드는 호연을 펼쳤다.

구혜선 역시 끊임없는 눈물 연기로 시청자들로부터 호평을 받았다. 구혜선이 맡은 소화는 이날 후궁으로 들지만 첩지를 받지못하고 궁녀들에게 굴욕적으로 업신여김을 당해 보는 이들을 안타깝게 했다. 특히 비가 오는 날 눈물을 쏟아내며 빨래를 하는 장면을 통해 평탄지 않는 소화의 인생길을 인상적으로 표현해냈다. 또한 버들이(김정민 분)의 계략에 의해 성종(고주원 분)의 목소리를 듣고도 달려나가지 못하는 한스러움을 눈물과 감정 연기로 절절히 소화해내는 놀라움도 보였다.

이날 방송에서 제일 시청자들에게 찬사를 들었던 또 하나의 장면은 내시 문소운을 맡은 강인형의 여장 연기다. 강인형은 별궁에 든 소화의 행방을 성종에게 알려주기 위해 눈물을 뚝뚝 흘리며 소화 처지를 대변한 판소리극을 완벽히 연기하는 흡입력을 과시했다.

이런 성인 연기자들의 발전된 연기력에 시청자들은 “아역들과는 다른 성인 연기자들의 매력에 적응이 돼간다” “연기력이 회가 거듭될수록 나아지고 있다”고 평을 남겼다. 일부 시청자들은 “아직도 이질감이 느껴진다” “몇몇 연기자들의 발성이 문제다”고 지적했지만 이에 대해서도 “아역은 8회를 나왔지만 성인들은 이제 갓 3회만 나왔을 뿐”이라고 옹호한 의견도 눈에 띄었다. 월화드라마 ‘왕과 나’는 2일 오후 12회가 방송된다.

김형우 cox109@newsen.com

기사제보 및 보도자료 newsen@newsen.com

손에 잡히는 뉴스, 눈에 보이는 뉴스(www.newsen.com)

copyrightⓒ 뉴스엔. 무단전재 & 재배포 금지

20071002062903314e7_070037_2.jpg

20071002062903314e7_070037_1.jpg

Guest angel2nyt

TNS Media Korea

Oct 10/01 Ratings

Drama - Nationwide ratings | Seoul

SBS The King and I

23.3(2nd) | 23.4(2nd)

09/29 Ratings

The King and I Rerun

9.4(16th) | 10.4(15th)

just finished epi 11....

what can i say...OMS now has captured my attention with his performance in epi 11.

most of epi 11 was focused on him and Soo Hwa...

the King came out last...

tomorrow is too tense with the acting of all the adult casts...

especially OMS as he castrated himself....tomorrow is a must watch...

Bu Da Ri is getting into my nerve...argh!

and i like the acting of So Woon(the girlish eunuch) for he imitated Soo Hwa to entertain the depressed king...

and he imitated her well...

thanks for the rating....

Guest Happy_Day

So.. Can someone tell me if the relationship between SoHwa and ChuSun has grown into love? I was extremely confused when they were young, SoHwa seemed to be playing them both, lol~ Why does she become the King's concubine if she loves ChuSun?

So.. Can someone tell me if the relationship between SoHwa and ChuSun has grown into love? I was extremely confused when they were young, SoHwa seemed to be playing them both, lol~ Why does she become the King's concubine if she loves ChuSun?

in what i see, So Hwa loves the King.

she still keeps the half-jade the King gave her.

and she still longs for him. however, it is a common knowledge that the King will be marrying someone his family chose for him.

thus all the misery of So Hwa...

anyway, So Hwa doesn't still capture my attention, but Chun Dong is already being interesting.

his mother already told him that he is not her real son.

Han Su seems to be threatened by Chun Dong when he learned Chun Dong wants to become a eunuch...

Guest Happy_Day

^ Thanks! But that leads me to another question! I never really caught why JoChiGyum really wanted ChunDong as his student/eunuch. What was so special about him, or really caught his attention? From what I saw, he never even noticed him when he was young, then all of a sudden he wanted him.. I don't understand why he doesn't like HanSu. ChunDong seems really ordinary compared to him. Is it all because of what that fortuneteller woman said?

Anyways, I really like this drama, but I hate how it doesn't stress the details.. Makes me all confused. :(

^ Thanks! But that leads me to another question! I never really caught why JoChiGyum really wanted ChunDong as his student/eunuch. What was so special about him, or really caught his attention? From what I saw, he never even noticed him when he was young, then all of a sudden he wanted him.. I don't understand why he doesn't like HanSu. ChunDong seems really ordinary compared to him. Is it all because of what that fortuneteller woman said?

Anyways, I really like this drama, but I hate how it doesn't stress the details.. Makes me all confused. :(

i cannot answer your question now. i am not a Korean, thus i was only understanding the series from events and how the characters react to events.

maybe we should wait for cafechoc to help us understand this drama.

we need her. the drama is getting more intense...

i love this drama too. it is my first time to watch a period drama and so far this series is enjoyable to watch.

i am uploading the epi 11 so that she'll not have to wait for the video to rent.

ya i think what the lady said abt the life of this baby born under that star has a certain influence on how he view this child .he will be a most powerful offical yet he is not an offical ..and cant be a man .was that how she describe the baby's 三有三无 destiny ...?

esp 12 preview

mms://eventvod.sbs.co.kr/event/tv/eunuch12.asx

Does SoHwa actually become the King's concubine/wife? Or is she kicked out? In the preview i saw Lee Jin appear so i was wondering if Goo Hyesun becomes the 2nd wife or not?

ya

she married the king and become his wife and borne him a son and got kicked out so as to speak [deposed]

according to history

Archived