Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in LA Jul 27 |New drama SOON! ]

OksanaSiytra

hello to all..... i hope all of us are good,healthy and happy.... and also pmyshii.....now interview with sgk wow! then off to china next month, then back to korea for another drama....i am more excited to know what will be her next role for this korean dramahe....and the leading man, who will it be...    ;)) :x

‘Healer’ Park Min-young has plans for China

South Korean actress Park Min-young has hinted at her plans to advance into the Chinese market in an interview with Chinese media.

In an interview with media outlet Sina, released on Thursday, Park showed her determination to broaden her fandom and boost her profile in the neighboring country.

Park already made her name known in China with her recently-concluded TV series, “Healer,” in which she costarred with actor Ji Chang-wook hugely popular in the country.

“I can’t pin down a date, but I have plans. I think I might be able to meet fans on screen sooner than I think,” she told Sina.

“I wanted to prepare the next production in secret to surprise fans, but I think that it will be made public sooner than I think. I could come back within this year with the next work,” she added.

After debuting in 2006 with the MBC‘s sitcom “High Kick!,” Park has starred in hit dramas including “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “City Hunter.”

By Lim Jeong-yeo (kaylalim@heraldcorp.com)
http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201503061623395988122_2

Guest sweetestRachelJi0405

Hi faithful fans of PMY.. someone commented me on IG that someone heard PMY humming LENA PARK' s song DREAM... could someone confirm it?? to whom she dedicates the song??

FemaleQuixote said:

‘Healer’ Park Min-young has plans for China

South Korean actress Park Min-young has hinted at her plans to advance into the Chinese market in an interview with Chinese media.

In an interview with media outlet Sina, released on Thursday, Park showed her determination to broaden her fandom and boost her profile in the neighboring country.

Park already made her name known in China with her recently-concluded TV series, “Healer,” in which she costarred with actor Ji Chang-wook hugely popular in the country.

“I can’t pin down a date, but I have plans. I think I might be able to meet fans on screen sooner than I think,” she told Sina.

“I wanted to prepare the next production in secret to surprise fans, but I think that it will be made public sooner than I think. I could come back within this year with the next work,” she added.

After debuting in 2006 with the MBC‘s sitcom “High Kick!,” Park has starred in hit dramas including “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “City Hunter.”

By Lim Jeong-yeo (kaylalim@heraldcorp.com)
http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201503061623395988122_2

Guest blossomnagr

@OksanaS yes, she will, first she has a project in China that will start shooting in April; location: New Zealand-China; period : 3 months. Then she will be back to Korea and at the second half of the year she star in drama, There might be slight changes in her filming schedule, but this is the most recent info we've got. 

The full translation to the Sina video interview (well, other than the beginning and end) :) I added in time stamps that correspond to the video below. I realize while doing the time stamps that the written interview left out some bits and pieces here and there compared to the original video interview. I tried to add them all back into the translation, but I'm not sure if I caught them all.  Anyway, the two shouldn't be too different :)

Translation under the spoiler

(0:11)Q: You and Ji Chang Wook are referred by the fans as the "Healing Couple" in <Healer>, did you feel the popularity of the drama while filming?
A: Actually I wasn't aware of its popularity during filming, it's only now that it has ended that I'm aware after seeing everyone's reactions. I think everyone calls us the "Healing Couple"? "Two-Capsules Couple"? They all sound really nice, so thank you very much everyone. We ended filming in this kind of happy atmosphere. Because the two protagonists are very cute characters that heal each other, I think the biggest reason we're able to receive so much love from the audience is because of the characters' power.
(0:53)Q: Did you cut your hair short for this drama?A: Yes. I used to have really long hair, down to my waist. In order to match with the character, I thought about what type of hair style would suit the entertainment reporter Young Shin best. Short hair gives off the most lively/energetic feel, and looks natural even without much styling. Add to that its fluffy feel like after a shower. I thought this style would be the most fitting and so the decision was made after talking over it. It's also a good chance for a transformation!
(1:35)Q: Do you personally like short or long hair more?A: I feel that long hair has its own elegance, but short hair is really convenient. It's easy to take care of and light. I think short hair is better for the spine? But I think fan's reaction is 50-50.
(1:58)Q: In <Healer>, Chae Young Shin sometimes sings and dances, getting all high by herself. Are you also usually the type to get high by yourself?A: I'm actually originally the "high" type. If I just have the place to show it, like a wrap-up party, I for sure won't miss it. When I'm by myself, I'll frequently relieve my stress like Young Shin. Sometimes I feel Young Shin is too much like me that I'm surprised myself. I'll think, is the writer watching me? Chae Young Shin is that type of character that shares a lot of similarities with me.
(2:29)Q: There are a lot of sweet scenes in <Healer>, how did you avoid awkwardness first time partnering up with Ji Chang Wook?A: After debut, this is the first time I acted in a drama with so many romance scenes. Luckily, for the first kiss, the beanie was pulled down to here (to the chin before filming). I didn't feel that much of a burden. Originally, the first kiss scene is always the most nervous one, but for that scene, it was a kiss scene where Jung Hoo acted by Ji Chang Wook took the initiative. In comparison, I was more relaxed and just followed his lead. The sweet scenes afterward were filmed after we got close so the times where we're at a loss as to what to do also decreased. 
(3:12)Q: Do you personally have a special method to get into a scene?A: I feel that I am able to convey the character's feelings most accurately when I confront a scene after completely immersed into my character. Rather than a special method, I believe the first thing is to immerse yourself into the character. Try your hardest to get as close to the character itself as possible, then the emotions will for sure naturally follow.
(4:03)Q: In real life, can you accept a boyfriend with such a "special" job like in the drama?A: Actually I frequently thought about it when I was watching the edited scenes, how a guy that fights like that is really handsome. But if it's in real life, isn't a job like Healer kind of too dangerous? You won't know when he'll get hurt, my heart will ache for him. If it's that kind of special job, I'll just stop him while he's disguised as Park Bong Soo, and not let him go be Healer.
(4:37)Q: When you're in love, are you more of the type to rely on your boyfriend, or the more independent type?A: This depends on the person, I'll behave differently. If the man is someone who is very understanding and reliable, I'll unconsciously open my heart to him and tell him all of my worries. If he is not (that kind of person), depending on his situation, it may the opposite and I'll turn out to be the listener. I think in that way I'll be more independent? In short, it depends on the other person's situation, I'll naturally change along.
(5:14)Q: In <A New Leaf> and <Healer>, you tried out characters with different jobs, what kind of character do you wish to challenge next?A: It'll be nice if I don't have a job next time. Without a job and just living together with parents in a wealthy family. Moreover, a bum without a job who wanders around also sounds nice. As for personality, should be the sharp type. In other words, a character with a bad personality. I'd like to give that kind of character a try. I've also displayed a little of my crazy side, so even if it's past that line, I think it'll be interesting too. I really want to try out characters that are completely crazy. I feel my ambition for acting is getting bigger and bigger.
(5:58)Q: Have you ever thought of acting as a villain?A: If it's a true villain role, I think it'll be really interesting! Compared to the character types I had before, there are still so many different types I haven't tried yet. This has also become the motivation for me to continue acting without rest. I'll be afraid if there are increasingly less type of characters I want to try out. Of course, even if it's not a complete villain but rather one that sort of strays from the usual path of a kindhearted character, I feel that kind of role will also be able to quench my thirst a little. In that sense, through Young Shin this time, I felt a strange delight and the happiness acting brings, as well as a sense of satisfaction. If there's a nice villain role, I'd like to handsomely try it once. 
(7:00)Q: After seeing so many villain roles, is there any character in particular that you feel you can do a better job at?A: No. I really like the movie <Black Swan>. The female lead has a dual personality, like the multiple personality characters popular in Korea nowadays. I really like Natalie Portman, her performance always has this two-sided depth which makes it really charming. I feel that character is the most charming among recent works.
(7:36)Q: Any special method you use to take care of your skin?A: Sleep is the most important for the skin, but when you have a job like ours, that's actually something you have to give up. In that case, try to eat food good for the body as much as possible. Also, I feel that my skin gets increasingly dry by the year.  For that, you must be diligent in using facial masks and basic cosmetics. Whenever I have the time, I'll remove my foundation and try to at least put on a facial mask to let my skin rest. Even though these all look like small things, they help greatly. The more effort you put in, the better your skin. I believe you have to be diligent first of all.
(8:23)Q: I hear you went on a diet for the drama, how do you usually take care of your body?A: This is my first time dieting. Dancing, walking up and down the stairs, running on treadmill, I lost weight exercising like that. Actually it's not enough to just exercise, you need to regulate your diet too. As those people who exercise know, if you control your diet, you will lose weight but you'll also lose the fun in eating. So I think the ideal weight loss plan is to happily eat as much as possible, but also increase your exercise amount.  If you want to eat meat, then eat meat. And then when you're adequately full, increase your exercise amount. Isn't this a healthy way to diet? I recommend this method! It's not good to force anything, and your body won't accept it as well.
(9:21)Q: Fans all wish for Park Min Young to come to China. Are there any plans to expand into China in 2015?A: Even though I'm unsure of the date, but I do have plans. I think I'll be able to meet everyone on screen sooner than I expected. I wanted to give everyone a surprise, but it seems the plan is sooner than I think. Fans in China, we may be able to meet this year through a project!

Good morning to all ! its morning here again in our continent, so a lot o you is still in bed ..thanks to @raine evenstar for spending time for putting time stamps ...I'm sure it's not easy, at least we can look at the video as to were pmy responding to the question ......thanks again... Good job!

Hello to all...I really enjoy visiting this thread because you guys keep on posting new things about PMY. Thanks to all. 
Just wondering if PMY is in China right now. No co-star confirmed yet for her movie? Her Kdrama will start July or August I heard, Nothing has been disclosed yet as well. I miss our unni so badly. 

raine_evenstar said: The full translation to the Sina video interview (well, other than the beginning and end) :) I added in time stamps that correspond to the video below. I realize while doing the time stamps that the written interview left out some bits and pieces here and there compared to the original video interview. I tried to add them all back into the translation, but I'm not sure if I caught them all.  Anyway, the two shouldn't be too different :)

Translation under the spoiler

(0:11)Q: You and Ji Chang Wook are referred by the fans as the "Healing Couple" in <Healer>, did you feel the popularity of the drama while filming?
A: Actually I wasn't aware of its popularity during filming, it's only now that it has ended that I'm aware after seeing everyone's reactions. I think everyone calls us the "Healing Couple"? "Two-Capsules Couple"? They all sound really nice, so thank you very much everyone. We ended filming in this kind of happy atmosphere. Because the two protagonists are very cute characters that heal each other, I think the biggest reason we're able to receive so much love from the audience is because of the characters' power.
(0:53)Q: Did you cut your hair short for this drama?A: Yes. I used to have really long hair, down to my waist. In order to match with the character, I thought about what type of hair style would suit the entertainment reporter Young Shin best. Short hair gives off the most lively/energetic feel, and looks natural even without much styling. Add to that its fluffy feel like after a shower. I thought this style would be the most fitting and so the decision was made after talking over it. It's also a good chance for a transformation!
(1:35)Q: Do you personally like short or long hair more?A: I feel that long hair has its own elegance, but short hair is really convenient. It's easy to take care of and light. I think short hair is better for the spine? But I think fan's reaction is 50-50.
(1:58)Q: In <Healer>, Chae Young Shin sometimes sings and dances, getting all high by herself. Are you also usually the type to get high by yourself?A: I'm actually originally the "high" type. If I just have the place to show it, like a wrap-up party, I for sure won't miss it. When I'm by myself, I'll frequently relieve my stress like Young Shin. Sometimes I feel Young Shin is too much like me that I'm surprised myself. I'll think, is the writer watching me? Chae Young Shin is that type of character that shares a lot of similarities with me.
(2:29)Q: There are a lot of sweet scenes in <Healer>, how did you avoid awkwardness first time partnering up with Ji Chang Wook?A: After debut, this is the first time I acted in a drama with so many romance scenes. Luckily, for the first kiss, the beanie was pulled down to here (to the chin before filming). I didn't feel that much of a burden. Originally, the first kiss scene is always the most nervous one, but for that scene, it was a kiss scene where Jung Hoo acted by Ji Chang Wook took the initiative. In comparison, I was more relaxed and just followed his lead. The sweet scenes afterward were filmed after we got close so the times where we're at a loss as to what to do also decreased. 
(3:12)Q: Do you personally have a special method to get into a scene?A: I feel that I am able to convey the character's feelings most accurately when I confront a scene after completely immersed into my character. Rather than a special method, I believe the first thing is to immerse yourself into the character. Try your hardest to get as close to the character itself as possible, then the emotions will for sure naturally follow.
(4:03)Q: In real life, can you accept a boyfriend with such a "special" job like in the drama?A: Actually I frequently thought about it when I was watching the edited scenes, how a guy that fights like that is really handsome. But if it's in real life, isn't a job like Healer kind of too dangerous? You won't know when he'll get hurt, my heart will ache for him. If it's that kind of special job, I'll just stop him while he's disguised as Park Bong Soo, and not let him go be Healer.
(4:37)Q: When you're in love, are you more of the type to rely on your boyfriend, or the more independent type?A: This depends on the person, I'll behave differently. If the man is someone who is very understanding and reliable, I'll unconsciously open my heart to him and tell him all of my worries. If he is not (that kind of person), depending on his situation, it may the opposite and I'll turn out to be the listener. I think in that way I'll be more independent? In short, it depends on the other person's situation, I'll naturally change along.
(5:14)Q: In <A New Leaf> and <Healer>, you tried out characters with different jobs, what kind of character do you wish to challenge next?A: It'll be nice if I don't have a job next time. Without a job and just living together with parents in a wealthy family. Moreover, a bum without a job who wanders around also sounds nice. As for personality, should be the sharp type. In other words, a character with a bad personality. I'd like to give that kind of character a try. I've also displayed a little of my crazy side, so even if it's past that line, I think it'll be interesting too. I really want to try out characters that are completely crazy. I feel my ambition for acting is getting bigger and bigger.
(5:58)Q: Have you ever thought of acting as a villain?A: If it's a true villain role, I think it'll be really interesting! Compared to the character types I had before, there are still so many different types I haven't tried yet. This has also become the motivation for me to continue acting without rest. I'll be afraid if there are increasingly less type of characters I want to try out. Of course, even if it's not a complete villain but rather one that sort of strays from the usual path of a kindhearted character, I feel that kind of role will also be able to quench my thirst a little. In that sense, through Young Shin this time, I felt a strange delight and the happiness acting brings, as well as a sense of satisfaction. If there's a nice villain role, I'd like to handsomely try it once. 
(7:00)Q: After seeing so many villain roles, is there any character in particular that you feel you can do a better job at?A: No. I really like the movie <Black Swan>. The female lead has a dual personality, like the multiple personality characters popular in Korea nowadays. I really like Natalie Portman, her performance always has this two-sided depth which makes it really charming. I feel that character is the most charming among recent works.
(7:36)Q: Any special method you use to take care of your skin?A: Sleep is the most important for the skin, but when you have a job like ours, that's actually something you have to give up. In that case, try to eat food good for the body as much as possible. Also, I feel that my skin gets increasingly dry by the year.  For that, you must be diligent in using facial masks and basic cosmetics. Whenever I have the time, I'll remove my foundation and try to at least put on a facial mask to let my skin rest. Even though these all look like small things, they help greatly. The more effort you put in, the better your skin. I believe you have to be diligent first of all.
(8:23)Q: I hear you went on a diet for the drama, how do you usually take care of your body?A: This is my first time dieting. Dancing, walking up and down the stairs, running on treadmill, I lost weight exercising like that. Actually it's not enough to just exercise, you need to regulate your diet too. As those people who exercise know, if you control your diet, you will lose weight but you'll also lose the fun in eating. So I think the ideal weight loss plan is to happily eat as much as possible, but also increase your exercise amount.  If you want to eat meat, then eat meat. And then when you're adequately full, increase your exercise amount. Isn't this a healthy way to diet? I recommend this method! It's not good to force anything, and your body won't accept it as well.
(9:21)Q: Fans all wish for Park Min Young to come to China. Are there any plans to expand into China in 2015?A: Even though I'm unsure of the date, but I do have plans. I think I'll be able to meet everyone on screen sooner than I expected. I wanted to give everyone a surprise, but it seems the plan is sooner than I think. Fans in China, we may be able to meet this year through a project!

Hi all. Thanks to raine_evenstar for the effort you put into that very detailed translation. :) It feels great to read lots of long interviews from Min Young after a long time.

I too feel MY should do a sharper character next time around. In the beginning of her career, MY did characters which were not very goody-goody. Yu Mi was slightly self-centred and a liar, Eun Byeol was again a brat, the gumiho was after revenge and Princess Ra Hee was again grey-shaded.  When SKKS came along and MY got a positive character, I think she said it helped people to understand that she was not the cold urban girl her characters portrayed her to be. So, definitely at that point, she needed to do some 'nice' characters. But now I think she should branch out and experiment more. Healer has definitely helped Min Young see that female characters can be more multi-dimensional. I am liking the sound of her responses regading future characters she wants to play. I would love to see Min Young play a negative character or even a grey-shaded one. I think Min Young's face is something which can suit a slightly arrogant character as well as a sincere character. So, that way I don't think she will have much problem switching over to a more grey-shaded character.

I also want some information on Min Young's Chinese movie. Why is it taking such a long time? Shouldn't the shoot start soon? We need at least some basic details like who is the director n the writer, who is her male co-star etc. No news is not that much fun! :(

An old interview with Min Young which a Chinese fan Jason Luo translated long ago

The secret of Park Min-Young's non-guarantee figure? Self-confidence.

During Park Min-Young's five years actress career, she experience more fluctuation than other new actresses. After a long unknown period, she got hit by MBC's "Unstoppable High Kick" in 2006, but also met deep Frustration in the next few art works. "I am Sam" (2007) or "Princess Ja-Myung" (2009) only got no more than 10% viewership rate . Although she is pretty, rumour had it, she took remodelling surgery, because parts of her body did not look natural. That made Park Min-Young felt sad. "Is this the fittest career for me?" She even had such a thought. In "Running Gu" (last year), she made up her mind and requested to change her hair style, and then she made achievement in KBS's drama "Sunkyunkwan Scandal". Her role in drama, Kim Yun-Hee, overcame not only other role's hearts, but also hearts of Audiences who were sitting in front of television. From then on, she never had psychological obstacle any more.

- (You) took many pictures for advertisement covering pages recently.
-- Yes. I appreciate it for being popular. Just took covering page pictures yesterday in Jeju Island.

-- What is the secret for making yourself attractive?
-- Many people like Kim Yun-Hee (role in "Sunkyunkwan Scandal") because the roles have Forthright character. Number of fans increased, not only male fans, but also female fans. I also took many CF.

-- How many (advertisement) you have been participated so far?
-- About 7, including the wine we are drinking.

"Park Min-Young's nonsense? Eat pizza before go to bed at night"
-- You are famous for your non-guarantee figure.
Park Min-Young is not as tall as you imagine, she is 164cm, a little bit short than Lee Min-??? and Sin Se-Kyung. Furthermore, too many actress are around 170cm height. So (Park Min-Young) belongs to short one. but she does not give us such an impression from posters or reality. It may cause by her suitable body shape.
-- I don't think so. I am not that tall, but I feel confident when I am taking poster. It helps me to express my advantages and hide my disadvantages

-- It seems that you have good method to keep your body shape
-- Nothing special. I might get benefit from practicing gymnastics and ballet when I was a child, but I have not done it for a long time, though. I am the second child in my family. So my parents allowed me to do what I was interesting in. I did practiced art, piano, and music. None of them lasted more than 3 months.

-- The secret of keep skin good?
-- I really good at sleeping and eating. I even eat pizza before go to bed, just because I like it. It should be a nonsense. but I will make myself lose weight before take a movie.

"Remodeling surgery declaration, Just watch my current appearance"
-- You declared that you used to take a remodeling surgery
At the end of last year, Park Min-Young declared the fact that she took a remodeling surgery. Operations of double-fold eyelid and bridge of the nose Correction. it is surprised because she declared it after she became a actress. But her fans applaud to her because of her courage. Many people have positive impression to her.
-- Ah, hiding does not mean that it never happened.
-- Don't you feel regret of doing that?
-- A little bit. I got burden even though I encouraged myself. But, I hope that everybody just watch my current appearance, do not respect more, and do not mention this matter any more.

-- You have bass sound. rumor have it, you also took surgery for your throat.
-- That is not true, my sound are born with bass, and I took some exercises before, so it became this way.

] Park Min-Young used to study in US
Study in US for 3 years with her older sister

-- Used to be a international student
-- Hehe, it lost face. I companied my older sister, so I stayed in US high school for 3 years

-- was there any funny things?
-- That city paid attention on education and it was quiet city. our activities narrow among school, home, and church. We killed time by watching video disks. I watched "Woman's World ", "First king dynasty ", and "Beautiful days" in that period.

-- It should be some sexual news, such as, some boy tried to court you?
-- Yes, it did. a white boy tried to pursue me for one year. but he failed.

-- Your ability to English should be very good?
-- My ability to English become rusty. but it is good enough for common communication.

For acting in "SKKS" lost 5 kg weight. For "City hunter" do hard in Judo
-- Is "SKKS" unforgettable?
-- Yes. it gave me much emotion when I was in hesitation. I had a very happy time with the other 3 idols. I did my best, so that I feel happy that I took responsibility to myself

-- How about the "City hunter"?
-- This time I act as a guard. a guard for president but having a common living. I am interesting in this role because I have not tried modern drama for a long time. Recently, I learned Judo because the role is a guard beside the president. It is a issue that my action is too stiff. I heard that I need to knock Lee Min-Ho down many times. Hehe...

-- You also step on movie recently?
-- "Cat" will be on screen this summer. I finish reading script quickly. compared to horror, I enjoy the mental preparation much more. I don't dare to watch horror movie before.

-- If it needs you to do some sort of naked...?
-- In that case, for sure it will be uncomfortable. but I have to do it if it is necessary. In "SKKS" and in "Princess Ja-Myung", the scene of bathroom became issues. But I don't think those scenes can be cut off.

Cried may times for dislike the role in "High kick"
It was okay until the fourth interview. In fact I cried may time because I did not like this role. I wanted to act emotional drama. I felt unconfident because it was a comedy role. Now I consider it caused by losing balance in my mind at that moment

-- And met big frustration after then
-- Unable to participate 3 following works after "Princess Ja-Myung", and then nobody invite me to act. It affect me a lot. Now I don't want to take a rest. It may caused by that experience. Otherwise I will feel that I am unemployed.

Man in my dream should be able to tolerate what I do. May get married after 30 years old
-- What is the man in your dream?
-- My character vary based on ambience, so I need a man who can tolerate what I do, and understand me.

-- Your plan of getting married?
-- It is too early to think about it. may be after my 30? Hopefully get two children, one boy and one girl after getting married.

-- Any confidant in acting field?
-- I am familiar with Jessica, Member of Girls' Generation. I knew her form the period of high school, and members of "SKKS", and Gu Ha Ra, member of K-ara

-- Finally, any comment as an actress?
-- I thought of the struggles as an actress when I was a child. Now I feel grateful for everything which already happened. they are not bad things. I also feel grateful for concerns and passion from fans

Today, Park Min-Young drink white wine with some red herb. She said it is more comfortable for drinking. She can take the whole bottle of wine if she want. (She) like to go to dance after taking wine. In last annul company dinner, she was the first one shout to take "second round". She learned how to play cards from Yoo Ah In, but she enjoy reading much more. She said she want to step on music if she get such a opportunity. That day, Park Min-Young finished 9 bottle of white wine with her agents (4 persons in total). (She) felt reluctant to leave when they were dismiss.

** Translated by 兜兜猪@朴敏英国际后援会(China)

blossomnagr said: @OksanaS yes, she will, first she has a project in China that will start shooting in April; location: New Zealand-China; period : 3 months. Then she will be back to Korea and at the second half of the year she star in drama, There might be slight changes in her filming schedule, but this is the most recent info we've got.