For Those Of You That Are Not Korean, How Do Your Parents React When They Find Out You Listen To Kor

Guest psquare6806

Guest hunterheart

My parents are ok with it. My mom watches korean dramas as well but sometimes, my dad gets annoyed at the "slow no action" of the dramas XD

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flipboitwo3

my parents got into the k-dramas. in fact they watch it more than i do. they are buying 1 to 2 dvd sets a month and killin 'em within a week. me and my cousins created monsters! my aunts gotten into 'em too. k-drama is a dangerous drug.

Guest dianahah

My mom thinks I'm weird and my sisters think that I think I'm korean.

I can't help it. I just love korean media ;P

my dad never said anything. I guess he figures if I like it, that's enough. My mother and sister used to ask all the time how i could watch something I didn't understand...but it's only my sister that ask once in a while now--especially after all this time (almost 9 years w/ Shinhwa, and countless dramas + my CDs, etc) she still doesn't think I understand at all--but I do get some. Learning is slow, but everything up until now has helped. My mother stopped asking after she started watching one of the dramas with me a few yrs ago--and then I asked her to listen to DBSK and V.O.S. (she thinks they both have good voices).

Guest Amethist

well it started out with Japanese stuff, at first my parents founded it a bit odd, but later they accepted it. Now with Korean stuff they are already used to it, though I do wonder sometimes if my dad even know it's Korean stuff at all and don't think it's Japanese stuff or something XD..

Ohwell my mom watched 'Windstruck' with me and my sister and loved the movie. She also likes TVXQ's music.

Guest livfree

my parents are fine, they understand that i'm asian orientated altogether. and my mother watched one or two k dramas anyway.

Guest 7hearts

My parents are cool with it. My mom even watches dramas and variety shows with me...because she's awesome (and she loves the music)! XDD

She teases me sometimes though, and says I must have been Asian in another life or something because I've been in love with the culture and people since I was really little. And my grandfather understood Chinese (I'm not sure which dialect)...so I think I get it from him. lol.

Guest tokyohoney

i listen to korean occasionally

i mostly listen to japanese

my parents dont care cuz im japanese

they didnt like me listening to american rap lols

Guest superchick

lol... at first my mom didn't say anything, but now she realizes that i spend half of my time online searching and watching korean movies/dramas or big bang. lol... she makes fun of the language and then tells me to stop watching it so much and concentrate on school... hehe... i love her. AND i love my fetish for the korean media right now.

Guest BOO♥007

I can say from JROCK to KPOP was a pretty disturbing change for my mother.LOL

But she was always okay with asian music.She probably thinks that korean and japanese are the same,maybe that's why i didn't get comments about the suddent change.

When i showed her DBSK,she said "Well at least they look like guys" LOL

And she teases me alot,but how i love it when she says "Gnagnoonngg*" when i come home

Maybe i should try to watch drama with her .. ?

*안녕 Annyeong!

Guest latina

my mom said that i'm weird or crazy.. one time she saw me watching X-MAN.. and i was laughing out loud.. she got annoyed.. she told me.. "YOU ARE SO LOUD! YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND KOREAN!" and i said to myself.. "hello! what's the purpose of subtitles??"

she doesn't get it.. like a while ago.. my mom said that i just wasted 275 dollars for buying a ticket (rain's concert) because i'll not understand a thing during the concert.. well i really don't care. i love rain.. hahahaha! anything korean rocks!

btw, i made my sister into a korean junkie too..

Guest <3 Kim

I don't watch Korean dramas, or listen to much Korean music. I listen to Japanese music more. My parents think I"m weird since I don't understand it haha.

Guest CKcrossover

Dey dun care, but sumtime I feel weird myself, I lik 2 sing along to songs but den I have no idea wut it mean.

Archived