[drama 2003/4] Jewel In The Palace/ Dae Jang Geum 대장금 (大長今

theedqueen

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Choi Ji Woo

currently watching episode 18..madame jung is about to be poisoned by lady choi & her freaky cohorts!!!

my most fave romantic scene between jang geum & jung ho was when jang geum was playing with duk goo, her sort-of father in the sea..lady han was angry at jang geum because they lost in the first royal culinary competition sponsored during the oldest prince's birthday..jang geum was splashing in the seawater when suddenly, jung ho appeared behind her back..jang geum was so astonished & she became speecheless that

jung ho was watching her all the time..she dropped her shoes & she blushed..i can relate to that scene for it

also happened to me..when i was in high school, i found out that my crush also has a crush on me..aaawww!

he always follows me wherever i went, he annoys me by telling his friends that i'm already his girlfriend and his friends always teases us as a result..he also do me favors always, just like jung ho is doing to jang geum!

i have a question: is hong li na (the actress who played geum young) a chinese actress??? pls answer me..

Guest cutiebear

i'm currently hooked to this now. it doesn't matter if it's being aired late at night. i just appreciate jang geum's spunk, her being optimistic, hopeful and determined!

i also like her and jung ho!

:)

Guest ANJEE<3

MY FAVORITE DRAMA EVER XD

i love the love story between jang guem, jin ho and the king..

they're both so gentle and was always there to help her... gosh it's soo sweet and touching what they both do for her :)

ji jin hee's smile is so caring and it's filled with warmth ^_^"

i know i'm going to be watching this over and over and over again... once i buy the dvd set... which is going to be soon XD

Guest connie333

i know that, miss..i have a copy of the episode guides from its MBC offcial website..we're already on episode 16 here in the philippines..jang geum & jung ho's love story's starting to unfold..we're all excited to watch it!!!

sorry

Guest tjadl6386

i have a question: is hong li na (the actress who played geum young) a chinese actress??? pls answer me..

Hong Ri Na (홍리나) is Korean.

Guest Hae_Won

Just finished watching this series last night. ^_^ It's so addictive! I really loved the story & how it was made. The actors & actresses also gave amazing performances, most especially Lee Young-Ae.

This will definitely be on my list of fave K-series. ^_^ A two thumbs-up! B)

Guest Hae_Won

[PHIL.] An article on "Jewel in the Palace"...

Since it started its telecast in November, "Jewel in the Palace" continues to rate very high in GMA-7's telebabad block. It's not surprising as the story of its heroine Jang Geum (Lee Young Ae) is getting more engrossing. Just last week, Jang Geum and her mentor Lady Han (Yang Mi-kyeong) had to face more obstacles than ever before. The villainous Lady Choi (Gyeon Mi-ri), upon being appointed temporary head of the Royal Kitchen, sent Lady Han and Jang Geum away to serve the envoys from the Ming dynasty. Theirs was a difficult task. Lady Han was even reprimanded by the head of the envoys who did not like the food they served as he prefers rich and flavorful dishes. Lady Han reasoned that they made dishes she thought would be good for the envoy's health, but this did not save her from being punished. Jang Geum then pleaded with the head that she would cook for them, and if his health still does improve afterwards, he may punish her. She did cook dishes they enjoyed but Lady Choi tried to steal the credit. Luckily, the Queen learned of the truth and reprimanded them. The head envoy then thanked Lady Han and Jang Geum for improving his health through the food they cooked for him. The contest for choosing the new head of the Royal Kitchen is then conducted. Lady Choi is determined to win at all costs and ordered her brother to kidnap Lady Han. Jang Geum and her friend Yeon-Sang (Park Eun Hye) do not know what to do and what fate awaits her will unfold this week. Will the treachery of Lady Choi be discovered by the Queen or will Jang Geum be banished from the palace forever? To find out the answer, tune in on "Jewel in the Palace," an international hit aired weeknights after "Starstruck," another hit that rates very high each night.

By Mario E. Bautista

Source: MALAYA

Entertainment, page 17

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Transcribed by: Da A of starkoreans

for ngs ang stuff visit youtube.com and type dae jang geum in the search box.

anyways, does any of u know what daejanggeum got in the mbc 2003 awards? the recent one just ended with my name is kim sam soon winning a lot of awards for the show and the actors. i wonder if lee young ae ang ji jin hee won a lot too considering the ratings of the show.

Guest dramaok

for ngs ang stuff visit youtube.com and type dae jang geum in the search box.

anyways, does any of u know what daejanggeum got in the mbc 2003 awards? the recent one just ended with my name is kim sam soon winning a lot of awards for the show and the actors. i wonder if lee young ae ang ji jin hee won a lot too considering the ratings of the show.

if i remember correctly lee young ae won 'dae sang' (most prestigious award).

and ji jin hee won for 'choi woo soo sang' (great acting award).

and yang mira (han sang goong) won something too...

and a few other awards. but it was like 'sam soon'. it won almost everything.

Guest bluefish

I'm looking for Dae Jang Geum OST . I really really love them.. but can't find them everywhere . Anyone helps me, please.

if you want to download the OST, go to the Drama and Movie OSTs. I think Dae Jang Geum OST is on page 2. :)

found this at the MBC site -> http://content.mbc.co.kr/e_mbc/drama.asp?idx=6

Min, Jung-Ho (Acted by Ji, Jin-Hee)

While he was working at a city hall, he encounters Jang-Geum and helps her get a golden pheasant. And this puts him a serious trouble where he even risks his own life. He's an outstanding scholar who combines both learning and the martial arts. He is a learned man with both good looks and high intelligence. He is left a widower soon after marriage, and volunteers to be on night duty which naturally brings him close to Jang-Geum. Admiring Jang-Geum's wisdom and passion for learning, he helps her in many ways and falls in love with her. But his love for Jang-Geum also puts him in a lot of trouble.

----> so erroneous! he didn't help her get that golden pheasant, nor was he married!

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Hong Ri Na (홍리나) is Korean.

yup, thanks for answering me..i already confirmed her nationality by reading her profile at www.tour2korea.com..i wondered if she's chinese because her name sounds like a chinese name..sorry..

if i remember correctly lee young ae won 'dae sang' (most prestigious award).

and ji jin hee won for 'choi woo soo sang' (great acting award).

and yang mira (han sang goong) won something too...

and a few other awards. but it was like 'sam soon'. it won almost everything.

thanks for the info..Dae Jang Geum really deserves to win the BEST MBC DRAMA AWARD last 2003..

it's currently airing here in the philippines, it's the #1 korean drama as of today, with regards to ratings...

BTW, han sang goong is not YANG MI RA in real life..her name is YANG MI GYEONG / YANG MI KYUNG...

she has lots of fans here in the philippines, including me!!! lady han is our 2nd most fave character..

this week's episodes are so heart - wrenching..lady han's about to die..we can't help but cry..OMG, OMG!!!!!!!

found this at the MBC site -> http://content.mbc.co.kr/e_mbc/drama.asp?idx=6

Min, Jung-Ho (Acted by Ji, Jin-Hee)

While he was working at a city hall, he encounters Jang-Geum and helps her get a golden pheasant. And this puts him a serious trouble where he even risks his own life. He's an outstanding scholar who combines both learning and the martial arts. He is a learned man with both good looks and high intelligence. He is left a widower soon after marriage, and volunteers to be on night duty which naturally brings him close to Jang-Geum. Admiring Jang-Geum's wisdom and passion for learning, he helps her in many ways and falls in love with her. But his love for Jang-Geum also puts him in a lot of trouble.

----> so erroneous! he didn't help her get that golden pheasant, nor was he married!

yeah, that cast description of min jung ho (ji jin hee) is wrong..jang geum (lee young ae) was even the one who saved jung ho's life..she cured his wound after he was attacked by one of the foreigners' spies..right???

newsflash!

a reliable source (someone in the organising company) confirmed that a dae jang guem actress will be shooting in singapore - raffles hotel! that's happening tomorrow...only thing is i cannot confirm is which actress & what time... :fury:

:tears:

Guest neinsager

at first i was worried that it won't be popular in my country (the philippines) because unlike other hit dramas like full house and lovers in paris, this isn't set in contemporary korea. when they started showing it in november, i knew only two people who were watching it, me and my other korean drama junkie friend. almost everyone else was watching pinoy big brother. now, it's getting very popular here. it's probably because many of the themes (eg corruption in the government, family relations) are relevant to the philippine setting too. the costumes, the camera shots, etc. aren't bad at all. the twists are not the typical soap opera devices and are grounded on reality (ie it could happen to anyone in that situation). plus, it doesn't hurt that kapitan min jung ho is über cute, haha.

Archived