ULZZANG MANIA

Guest christina.

amiiee; Ehe, there's a pretty good explaination of what an uhljjang (ulzzang -- I just like spelling it as "uhljjang" ^^) on the first page; I'll post it here. But welcome to the thread! <33

짱 (jjang): Korean slang that means "best." Ulzzang means "best face" in Korean and the word is used both online and in real life. Basically, an ulzzang is someone who has a very attractive face, but most people use the term to describe people who have become popular for their looks.

The ulzzang craze started in South Korea. Many ulzzang wannabes post up their pictures on various websites, and voting and chatting can be done on many of them. Contests, both online and in real life, are often used to pick the best ulzzangs, but you do not necessarily need to enter or win. Some ulzzangs, however, have not relied solely on the internet. For example, some have gained popularity at school for being attractive. Most ulzzangs, however, use the internet to share their photos, and that is how many become popular.

Many ulzzangs use Haduri, which is a web camera program popular among teens in Korea. People also take normal or digicam pictures. Some even use Photoshop to edit themselves. Fakers don't make it far, and they usually get busted.

The most famous ulzzangs may earn celebrity status. Some may appear on shows, magazines, etc. Some ulzzangs may even become real celebrities by going into acting, singing, or modeling careers. Two examples of former ulzzangs are Goo Hye Sun and Park Han Byul.

The two most known zzang categories:

Ulzzang/얼짱: Based on the face. 얼굴 (ŏlgul) means "face" in Korean.

Momzzang/몸짱: Based on the body. 몸 (mom) means "body" in Korean.

"Ulzzang" with "zz" is the most common way it's written out in English on ulzzang websites. Variations on romanization include eoljjang, uhljjang, uljjang, and so on.

But we mostly post uhljjangs here. It used to be a bigg trend in Korea, but it's dying now (or already dead.. I have to ask my friend again). :x A lot of uhljjangs become famous like Park Han Byul (Wishing Stairs; Fantasy Couple), Kim Hye Sung (Jenny, Juno), and Seo Min Woo (Sharp 3).

ilove korea; Thanks for answering my question~ <3 I wanna watch the mv now. :3 I get giddy knowing that an uhljjang is in.. an MV/movie. o_o Maybe because I see their pictures too much and their faces seem way too perfect. xD

FANFIC PROJECT SIGN UP SHEET

Username/Name Uljjang

01. Just_another_asian / Nicole Seo Min Woo

02. xvampireknight/ Lily Shin Solki

03. sophiex / sophia KKR

04. jina_bing_bang/ Jina Lee Yoon Geun

05. twinke_l0ve/kiera junal

06. baoi/ bao leejihoo

07. hmong_lubpaj/ Pa Park TaeJun

08. meish0rt/ daffy

09. perfect Mikki

10. Kayce/さつがいする han ji hoon

11. raindrops sul woo suk

Hey deary, did you forget about me? :x

So sleepy! Good night everyone!

The thread moved so slow today...

-Christina

• Replies 48k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the last hour.

hey guys :)

just wondering because I'm too lazy to look through so many pages XD

Who is this?

101267cz1.jpg

I think i found him here somewhere, but forgot his namee.

^LEE SANG JUNE.

*rubs eyes* i'm so tired.

Somehow the question of Ulzzangs is always being asked,

no one really bothers reading thr first thread huh?

[well.. some does, but i guess it's not explanatory enough?]

Guest pinkflamingoqt

i'm so sorry~ i already asked this but i forgot the answer

what mv was solki in?

I think she was in "Monday Kids" video

and some others... :blush:

Guest chigusa707

Chigusa707- just tell me who you wanna write for your uljjang here in the thread, and that’s how you sign up! ^^

-x-

Nicole.

^^ oh.... I wanna write for Lee Sang June.. ~ The stories should be one-shots right? ;-)

Uhm, does anyone here know of the girl who was in Jenny & Juno with Hyesung? was she an ulzzang too before becoming an actress?

Guest miranduh

lol :P gookhwa has a banana peel on her head.

you know i went through my uhljjang folders...gookhwa knows a few uhljjangs and used totake picture with them

and LYG he was in the photoshoot with KSH/KKR/JIH O:

Guest bang!sarang

ULZZANG MANIA NEWEST PROJECT :

FANFIC PROJECT ****

More information will be posted later when the project is in full swing.

(I ilke the sound of that; full swing)

- All UM FAMILY please sign up with your name/username, and the uljjang you want to right about.

- The fanfic will be like a collection of one-shots

- All participants don't have to worry; we'll have another participant edit yours, and so on. (Gramattically and maybe some ideas)

- If you want to write about a girl ulzzang, that's perfectly fine, but we're not going to have like erm;;; gayness in here

- The project does not have a deadline yet.

- Once a member already chooses an uljjang, another member can't choose that same uljjang, so this will be first come, first serve

FANFIC PROJECT SIGN UP SHEET

Username/Name Uljjang

01. Just_another_asian / Nicole Seo Min Woo

02. xvampireknight/ Lily Shin Solki

03. sophiex / sophia KKR

04. jina_bing_bang/ Jina Lee Yoon Geun

05. twinke_l0ve/kiera junal

06. baoi/ bao leejihoo

07. hmong_lubpaj/ Pa Park TaeJun

08. meish0rt/ daffy

09. perfect Mikki

10. Kayce/さつがいする han ji hoon

11. raindrops sul woo suk

12. christina./christina

13. chigusa lee sang jine

Lily; actually, I have AIM & MSN! ^^ i just thought that since cookie boys from asia, he'll have msn. >.<

baoi; yup! Read above! PM me for my MSN! Also, yeah…like Solki looks like a doll to me. Like a lil too perfect, that’s a lil bit too annoying. And there’s just something about her…can’t pinpoint but whatever. (no offence to solki fans)

Christina. Omo! Christina im so sorry! >.< what uljjang did you want again? That day when I read your post, I was like…half asleep and half awake (actually I always am but…) so would you mind telling me what it is again? ^o^

Thanks mir unni for the ryanghee pictures; I love her hair when it’s curled! Shes starting to grow on me!

Cat you give the name and uljjang to me. ^^

-x-

Nicole.

Archived