NBA

Guest Chioster

I doubt Maggette will return to the Clippers.

Al Thornton plays the same position as he does and besides, if Brand returns they won't be able to keep Maggette.

Even if Brand doesn't, why would he return to a sinking ship? He'd rather go play for the Spurs and become a valuable contributer on a perennial basketball powerhouse team.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mofo

aren't the spurs overloaded at the 2/3 spot?

brent barry, ginobli, bowen, finley and now maggette?

hehe

altho..i like maggette..he's a good player..he deserves to play on a winning team..and not coming off the bench..talk about a waste of a good talent

aren't the spurs overloaded at the 2/3 spot?

brent barry, ginobli, bowen, finley and now maggette?

hehe

altho..i like maggette..he's a good player..he deserves to play on a winning team..and not coming off the bench..talk about a waste of a good talent

Well Finley and Barry are both unrestricted free agents.

This team needs to get more athletic and younger on the wing so the addition of Maggette would do very well.

I particularly like his ability to be able to draw contact and get to the free-throw line.

As for your opinion that coming off the bench equates to a waste of good talent, I disagree. The Spurs had Manu Ginobili come off the bench, the Suns had Leandro Barbosa, etc. They're all very talented players but came off the bench for the general good of the team by playing an important role which would contribute to team success. In many cases, it's providing offensive firepower.

Whether Maggette starts or comes off the bench, he will produce fruitful results for the Spurs in the offensive scoring department.

barry opted out and the spurs are unlikely to resign him which is why houston is aggressively trying to sign him which is a move i dont like being a houston fan.

I would like to see Houston sign James Posey.

However, odds are he returns to Boston.

yeah i second that. and i think it's possible to sign him with the MLE once they figure out the whole carl landry contract situation. but everything all comes down to what elton brand does. if he signs with the clips, maggette is free to go and since the celts and the spurs among other teams offered him a contract many different situations can happen.

yeah i second that. and i think it's possible to sign him with the MLE once they figure out the whole carl landry contract situation. but everything all comes down to what elton brand does. if he signs with the clips, maggette is free to go and since the celts and the spurs among other teams offered him a contract many different situations can happen.

lol, they BETTER get Landry back.

I would be so mad if they let him walk.

Guest xsilentangel

Yeah I bet he's going to sign with the Celtics..

Corey Maggette is still looking at his options... just talked on the phone with Danny Ainge..

deng ^ has some mad connections... getting to talk to Danny Ainge and stuff.

Deng? As in Luol Deng?

Why would he want to go to Boston? He would waste his best years coming off the bench behind Paul Pierce and would not make the money he wants (somewhere between 10-12 million dollars per season).

Guest GO!zilla
Deng? As in Luol Deng?

Why would he want to go to Boston? He would waste his best years coming off the bench behind Paul Pierce and would not make the money he wants (somewhere between 10-12 million dollars per season).

deng as in damn ... wtf lol

Guest GO!zilla
Ah.

Must dumb down lol.

nah just get used to cali talk? lol. and also notice the "^"... context clues :)

nah just get used to cali talk? lol. and also notice the "^"... context clues :)

Haha alrighties.

I'm from Australia haha.

MAN, what is with all the ex-bulls going to the Knicks?

Crawford, Curry and now Duhon.

Guest epark1281

Haha alrighties.

I'm from Australia haha.

MAN, what is with all the ex-bulls going to the Knicks?

Crawford, Curry and now Duhon.

Too bad Thomas isn't the VP anymore, otherwise we might have been able to unload duhon in a sign and trade for another first rounder! :rolleyes:

Well Finley and Barry are both unrestricted free agents.

This team needs to get more athletic and younger on the wing so the addition of Maggette would do very well.

I particularly like his ability to be able to draw contact and get to the free-throw line.

As for your opinion that coming off the bench equates to a waste of good talent, I disagree. The Spurs had Manu Ginobili come off the bench, the Suns had Leandro Barbosa, etc. They're all very talented players but came off the bench for the general good of the team by playing an important role which would contribute to team success. In many cases, it's providing offensive firepower.

Whether Maggette starts or comes off the bench, he will produce fruitful results for the Spurs in the offensive scoring department.

Ginobili basically played the whole game. Will Maggette in his prime go to the Spurs to play off the bench.. unless he really wants a ring.

Too bad Thomas isn't the VP anymore, otherwise we might have been able to unload duhon in a sign and trade for another first rounder! :rolleyes:

hahaha.

Oh, the memories that Thomas has left behind for the fans of basketball.

Guest 3taticKills

Ginobli is terribly overrated...he's not a very good defender, and if it wasn't for the Spurs system and style of play he would not be a superstar anywhere else. Put him in the Eastern conference where guard defense is tough and physical he would probably be more or less your average slasher with passing ability.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
Ginobli is terribly overrated...he's not a very good defender, and if it wasn't for the Spurs system and style of play he would not be a superstar anywhere else. Put him in the Eastern conference where guard defense is tough and physical he would probably be more or less your average slasher with passing ability.

Okay, I'll agree Ginobili isn't a good defender because he's like the biggest flopper in the league, but guard defense in the East is hardly tough. Only two teams that can shut down a guard consistently are the Pistons and Celtics.

Archived