NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest showgunz

the spurs getting swept proves how overrated the mavs were

bynum = frye

gasol > amare (gasol's been beast-like on the boards lately, i don't see amare stopping that)

artest > hill (artest can guard hill better than hill can guard artest)

kobe > richardson (no brainer)

fisher < nash (no brainer)

disagree with top two

bynum is better than frye

amare better than gasol

gasol is so overrated, it's ridiculous

he's a very good player

but some people refer to him as the next coming of kareem. please stop

now amare is spoiled by playing with nash

important thing to remember is this is a team sport

if one-on-one, nash will blow by fisher/farmar/brown anytime he wants

so artest, kobe, etc..can defend their guys great

but when they gotta help out on nash...it makes every suns player that much better

that's why nash is the single most important player for the suns

also..gotta give props to rondo

i was going back & forth with it all year

but now it's official to me...rondo is the best player on the celtics

and one of the top 10 players in the league, imo

watching lebron's post-game interview..i could tell he wanted rondo over williams/west haha

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ooBah

the spurs getting swept proves how overrated the mavs were

disagree with top two

bynum is better than frye

amare better than gasol

gasol is so overrated, it's ridiculous

he's a very good player

but some people refer to him as the next coming of kareem. please stop

now amare is spoiled by playing with nash

important thing to remember is this is a team sport

if one-on-one, nash will blow by fisher/farmar/brown anytime he wants

so artest, kobe, etc..can defend their guys great

but when they gotta help out on nash...it makes every suns player that much better

that's why nash is the single most important player for the suns

also..gotta give props to rondo

i was going back & forth with it all year

but now it's official to me...rondo is the best player on the celtics

and one of the top 10 players in the league, imo

watching lebron's post-game interview..i could tell he wanted rondo over williams/west haha

Definitely agree about rondo. He's amazing, and I've been going back and forth with it all year as well but he's proven it in the playoffs.

But I think amare = gasol. In fact, i think there's a good chance gasol will outplay amare because his IQ around the post is so much higher than amare's.

Guest kineticwave

orlando is gonna dominate against cleveland since their three pt shooters are dominating the perimeter and shaq is past his prime.

nash and the suns are basically a one man team. nash carries them all the way. the others lack consistency. but since the lakers aren't at the top of their performance it will be a tough series unless nash can somehow get through with gasol, bynum and odom.

cleveland and james... imo, james is just a big cocky crybaby. he is good no doubt, but he's got a long way to go. he lacks a solid handle of the ball, a consistent jumper and perimeter offense. his points accumulate from his large physique and vertical ability.

celtics... i just personally hate them. pierce, perkins, tony allen, rondo and all. maybe not garnett and ray allen. i just dislike them to the fact where i'll bash on anything about them so my opinions will stay hidden.

i'm rooting for the east conference finals to be cleveland vs. orlando and orlando to win. dwight is awesome in my opinion.

i think gasol is underrated

he's SO solid as a big man.

sure he may get criticism for not playing tough or aggressive enough

that's why his blocks and rebounds are subtle

but his talent and basketball IQ is way higher than most big men in the NBA

LAKERS SWEEP!

the cavs and celtics may go 7 games

Guest melo.breeze

i think the praise gasol gets is just about right. despite his so called 'softness', his skill set pretty much makes up for it, also, you can't be that soft if you're racking up 10+ boards night in night out. speaking of which, he had a monster double double tonight, 33 points 14 rebounds. he and kobe combined for 65 points. swear to god, bynum has just been non existent these past two road games(bynum in my opinion is the overrated one between the lakers two 7 footers. sure he's shown flashes of being a great center, but he's way too inconsistent and far too injury prone), we can't have that against the suns.

if bynum puts up consistent numbers against the suns i have lakers in 5 or 6 if he's non existent it'll be an interesting series. surprisingly most the people on nba fanvoice have the suns coming out on top of the WCF.

as for the celtics/cavs series, i say who ever wins game 5 will take the series. the winner of this series will have a tougher round awaiting them in the magic who've been blowing by their opponents by an average margin of 18 points (that's including the charlotte series, strictly atlanta it'd be 30+)

Guest showgunz

mos def gasol's bball IQ is incredible

but he also plays PF most of the time

against okc and utah, he's playing against guys that are about 6'9

and he does play inside the majority of the game (his IQ!!) against them

so he gets easy shots..and gets himself in good rebounding position

nowitzki could learn something about playing inside

and i agree that bynum is overrated

but i still think he's better than frye haha

i truly believe bynum has a skill set to be howard-like

but his work ethic and conditioning does not come close to dwight

saw rondo on that fast break..

where he faked out lebron, then passed behind his back to tony allen..in mid-air

i started thinking about the best plays of the year

my top two are still: 1. wade dunkfacing varejao 2. brewer dunkfacing fisher

my new top 10 players, btw (and is strictly my opinion only)

1. kobe bryant

2. lebron james

3. - 10. in no particular order

dwight howard

kevin durant

rajon rondo

deron williams

chris paul

carmelo anthony

steve nash

dwyane wade

where he faked out lebron, then passed behind his back to tony allen..in mid-air

1. kobe bryant

2. lebron james

dwight howard

kevin durant

rajon rondo

deron williams

chris paul

carmelo anthony

steve nash

dwyane wade

I dont think anyone can say Pau is overrated. Hes a 7 footer who can shoot the midrange, post up with some of the better post moves in the nba, can run a fast break and be able to pass plus block shots/rebound and defend the post cause of that length. And defensively hes really stepped up since becoming a laker, not that he was a bad defender or anything with memphis. You just don't find 7 footers like that anymore...

Looking forward to see how Amare stacks up against the Lakers' frontline along with what kind of impact Robin Lopez can bring.

Rondo's been great and has done a good job of getting the Celtics easy buckets, but in game four, the Celtics did a better job of keeping LeBron out of the paint and limiting his transition opportunities. I think if they're able to muster up another solid defensive performance in game five, it'll give them a good chance to close the series out in Boston because I don't think the Cavs have an answer for Rondo at this point, even if they do decide to put LeBron on him.

Guest showgunz
^those are 2 amazing plays. I also love drose's two hand power flush against nash on fast break

pretty sure it was dragic

but that was sick

I dont think anyone can say Pau is overrated. Hes a 7 footer who can shoot the midrange, post up with some of the better post moves in the nba, can run a fast break and be able to pass plus block shots/rebound and defend the post cause of that length. And defensively hes really stepped up since becoming a laker, not that he was a bad defender or anything with memphis. You just don't find 7 footers like that anymore...

he was doing that when he was with memphis

but he was never mentioned as a top 10-15 player

now with the lakers...all of a sudden he is

i see him as a 20-25 guy

the only difference i see in his defense is he's not getting exposed as much anymore

the lakers have better perimeter defenders than pau ever had in memphis

they force their guys into bad driving lanes..making it easier for pau

a lot of his blocks come against smaller PFs

and a lot of his rebounds are due to his height advantage

can't criticize his offense..because he's an elite offensive big

just because i said he was overrated, doesn't mean i don't think he's a good player

----------------------------

cavs got smoked

Guest PB&Banana

1. kobe bryant

2. lebron james

dwight howard

kevin durant

rajon rondo

deron williams

chris paul

carmelo anthony

steve nash

dwyane wade

I like Gasol but I never really thought if he was overrated or not he's a smart man though ever since day one him and kobe gelled together but do I think Pao can dominate a game like those 10 guys can? Not really Gasol alone can't win a game by himself but these guys can and that is what makes those 10 players so good. But he is a great second player on any team.

I never thought Bynum was overrated because he is so inconsistent he'll pay great one game and then disappear the next two or three. He does not have the motivation to be a top play and he wonders way he can't get in to an all-star game, eh I have a love-hate relationship with Andrew. He has so much potential that he's not bringing out.

I hope Cavs lose but then reporters will just say Lebron wasn't in top form because of his elbow.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Gasol got all the attention in Memphis from the opposing defense in Memphis, but with all the attention on Kobe and Bynum in LA, of course it looks like he's better.

Gasol will never be a number one option, but he's a solid #2 option on any team. Thank the Grizzlies for basically giving him away from Kwame Brown. Well, no they didn't GIVE him away... Marc Gasol's pretty good. But still, the trade looked really lopsided at the time.

Frye = Bynum is actually fair. Overall, yes Bynum is the better big man but matched up against Frye on the perimeter, he's gonna have problems. As far as I know, they'll probably play Gasol at the center position and put Odom on Frye.

Suns vs. Lakers will be determined by the tempo both teams play, and if the Lakers' Bynum can keep up with it. I think we'll be seeing a lot Gasol/Odom pairings rather than Bynum/Gasol

--------------------------------

And this just proves how much Mo Williams is overrated. And how Mike Brown has random idiotic rotations at times.

Not referring to yesterday's blowout for the Cavs, but the game before that when Rondo owned the boards. Rondo's like... what? 6'1? How does the Cavs' coach bench Shaq for the whole 4th quarter? I know he was in foul trouble, but if he never comes back into the game.. then what gives? Shaq can be 80 years old and still provide a post presence, and I'm sure that would've made a difference in preventing Rondo's 18 rebounds.

As for yesterday, I dunno what happened. I'll consider Lebron's elbow as a small factor, but he just didn't have it in him all night. Oh and the fact that Mo Williams has been crap again. I'll credit the Celtics though, much different team than the the erratic Celtics during the regular season.

Guest chinguz

LeBron doesn't seem to have it this series. I don't see the intensity he usually has but his teammates aren't helping. I thought Jamison would have a big impact on the team but he hasn't been playing well.

I think it's going to be tough getting a win at td garden, Celtics got confidence and the home crowd.

ahhhh, that game 5 loss to boston was a heartbreaker to lbj and the cavs. now, their back is against the wall.

where was the mvp that night? the king has to make his presence felt or its bye-bye time for the cleveland on game 6.

Guest something-like

usually i dont like haters comments (for any player, or haters in general) but they seem to have a point...lebron can rack up numbers ez, he can dominate but when it comes down to crunch time, he can't deliver because he's afraid. Yesterday proved it, he usually takes like 20 shots in the games that really matter (dominating) but he barely took any shots. Why? Because he's too worried about failure.

Guest melo.breeze

^

i agree and disagree with comments made. lebron amongst all the players in the nba has one of the highest 'all around' clutch production, meaning, assists, points, rebounds etc etc don't get me wrong though, i'd still take kobe over lebron any day of the week if the question asked is "who would you want to take the last shot?". so saying he's afraid to deliver come crunch time isn't entirely correct. i think it's more accurate to say he fails to deliver on the bigger stage i.e. the playoffs/finals as opposed to the regular season. it's something he'll develop with time, not every basketball player comes into the nba with cold blooded mentality straight away. with all that said, although lbj deserves most of the blame for last nights failure (he really should of been more assertive instead of passive during the beginning), i also blame mike brown. his idea of coaching is simply to pound the ball into lebron's hands and let lebron take it from there (this may in fact work in the regular season, it even got brown coach of the year, but no way in hell will it work in a seven game series), he's been on record saying something similar - referencing to the putting the ball into lbj's hands. and as we've also seen from last nights performance, mike brown's new strategy of having lbj guard rondo failed, because even though rondo's numbers weren't astronomical like they were in the rest of the series, he allowed paul pierce to find his stroke. i'm just going to go ahead and say it, mike brown is an overrated coach.

Guest showgunz

^ agreed

if the cavs don't win the title, mike brown is gone

I never thought Bynum was overrated because he is so inconsistent he'll pay great one game and then disappear the next two or three. He does not have the motivation to be a top play and he wonders way he can't get in to an all-star game, eh I have a love-hate relationship with Andrew. He has so much potential that he's not bringing out.

Frye = Bynum is actually fair. Overall, yes Bynum is the better big man but matched up against Frye on the perimeter, he's gonna have problems. As far as I know, they'll probably play Gasol at the center position and put Odom on Frye.

i can concede to this

bynum can pull an insane low-post move to score

then next time down..his footwork will look so horrible

i just see those flashes of how great he can be

and frye improved his perimeter shooting remarkably this year

-----------------------------

and tony parker might get traded to the knicks?

i think he would fit the style nicely

but they would need to add another player, too: james/bosh/johnson

and tony parker might get traded to the knicks?

i think he would fit the style nicely

but they would need to add another player, too: james/bosh/johnson

It would make sense for the Knicks, but not the Spurs. Parker's contract is already set to expire in a year as Popovich and Duncan's are set to expire in two years. The Spurs would be wanting at least equal talent in return, players who would increase their chances at a title in that two-year window.

Guest ooBah

Lol wtf. Cavs straight up bombed this one. This is ridiculous, they didnt even try to foul at the last minute when they were losing by single digits, instead they straight up gave up and have varejao shoot a three. Lebron turned the ball over like.. twice in the final 2 minutes? And he didn't even bother demanding the ball in the end, i wish he showed some sense of urgency in the end

Archived