NBA

Guest Chioster

His drives are legit when he gets fouled, just not his little crab dribbles.

Really lol

If I'm shadowing you and run into me, I can be called for a blocking foul.

The first couple of players that come to mind when it comes to these "benefits" would be Tony Parker and Karl Malone (you can look for film too).

and tell the truth this is like the first time I see a lot non-calls on Kobe in the playoffs cause he's notorious for getting a bias call.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest melo.breeze

i'm curious, wat kind of salary cap are the lakers looking at for 09-10 season ?

can they resign both odom and ariza ?? i mean, i'm certain ariza will be asking for a lot more money if he were to resign

Guest xsilentangel

can't believe the rockets were a tougher challenge than the nuggets.

i think orlando is incredibly underrated.

their outside shooting reminds me of dallas back when dallas was good

Nuggets had so many opportunities to extend a lead or overcome a deficit but they never took advantage of that. The offense in the last game was mediocre and some of the fast breaks were just plain horrible. They didn't take advantage of the Lakers turnovers either. Credits to the Lakers too for some great and nice selection of shots.

I believe the Magic will win tonight, and if not, then another Game 7... and in Cleveland. The pressure is definitely on the Magic. I'm rooting for Orlando all the way. Dwight is finally hitting those free throws!

Guest kimbomynizzo

i'm gonna order myself a Lakers car window flag, haven't had one up since the good ol' Shaq/Kobe days.

on the side note, Orlando is dominating this very moment vs the Cavs....so much for Lebron vs Kobe

Guest Unanimous

Does this prove the NBA is not rigged? I don't really even know if it is or not, is it? What do you guys/girls think?

Guest CKcrossover

Congrat to the Magic

too bad we don't get a Lebron VS Kobe final

I think Lakers will win in 7

Anyone know where I can find all the Gone Finshing clips?

Guest loving_D

i was upset yesterday when the nuggets suffered a blowout at home (but props to them for a very impressive season), but i'm so excited that orlando's in the finals! really hope that they surprise everyone.

fact: cavs at orlando 08-09 season&postseason: 0-5

Guest melo.breeze

lakers vs magic, something to look forward to although magic swept us this year.

though both games were really down to the final second involving missing clutch shots. zzz.

i'm just glad jameer nelson is out, he did the most damage in both games.

Guest wendo

Laker fans think it's a guaranteed win for them but I think MANY Cav fans thought the same thing and look what happened?? I really hope Magic wins I mean the last time they were in the finals was back in 95 and they lost to the Rockets. I think Orlando wants this championship more than LA and unlike the Lakers I think Magic have been pretty consistent during the playoffs. Let's go Magic! Superman needs his ring.

Guest xsilentangel

Laker fans think it's a guaranteed win for them but I think MANY Cav fans thought the same thing and look what happened?? I really hope Magic wins I mean the last time they were in the finals was back in 95 and they lost to the Rockets. I think Orlando wants this championship more than LA and unlike the Lakers I think Magic have been pretty consistent during the playoffs. Let's go Magic! Superman needs his ring.

Yeah I agree. I underestimated the Magic.. I recall posting my prediction of the series.. 5-1 Cavaliers but it was practically the other way around (if not for that Game 2 miracle shot by the King himself). Celtics fans underestimated them since most of them just worried about the Cavs before facing the Magic and the Cavs fans were just focused on the Finals (Black Mamba vs King James stuff). The team did a great job of fending off any sort of run by the Cavaliers. The lead dwindled down to 9 but developed to 20+ right after. If Superman can stay out of foul trouble, and Turkoglu + Lewis are hot.. I think the team can do some serious damage. Pietrus and Lee are extremely efficient when they are on the court in addition. I don't think any team can feel safe no matter the deficit since Orlando has great runs that can soon overcome the deficit. I don't think home court advantage is a major plus for the Lakers also.. since the Magic beat two teams that had great records at home; Cavaliers (39-1) and Celtics (41-11). Then again.. this is the playoffs. The season records don't even really matter since the playoffs is a whole new level of basketball and has an extremely different atmosphere.

Guest endlessrain

Lol i think only the ignorant Laker fans think they got this in the bag (but it doesnt hurt to show some pride :D). Im a huge Lakers fan but im definitely not counting out the Magics, anyone who does are idiots, they just took out both Boston and the Cavs.

What im scared for the most is the Magics' 3 point shooting, soo deadly, hopefully the Lakers really up their outside defense.

Kudos to Lebron, I shake my head at the the rest of the Cavs team

Cant wait for the finals!

Guest LolitaMan

Nuggets blew 2 games and they didn't even show up for game 6. Chauncey ran out of gas again like he did the past 5-6 years he was in Detroit. That team got way too many tatoos lol...too many thugs on that team lol.

Now the Cavs, lol. I actually missed the game but saw the highlights. Funny how espn didn't mention lebron leaving without doing a post game interview. I had to listen to sports radio to find out about it. What an arrogant selfish jerk.

The guy is supposed to be the posterboy for the nba and he doesn't even shake hands with the Magic players. Then the next day I heard a clip of some kind of press conference when he was asked about it....he said he emailed his congrats to Dwight lol. And then he was using some lame explanations like "you don't congratulate someone who just beat you up" lol...what a moron. :lol:

Guest melo.breeze

Lol i think only the ignorant Laker fans think they got this in the bag (but it doesnt hurt to show some pride :D). Im a huge Lakers fan but im definitely not counting out the Magics, anyone who does are idiots, they just took out both Boston and the Cavs.

What im scared for the most is the Magics' 3 point shooting, soo deadly, hopefully the Lakers really up their outside defense.

Kudos to Lebron, I shake my head at the the rest of the Cavs team

Cant wait for the finals!

yeh being a lakers fan myself, i don't necessarily think we got this in the bag, i really believe it can go either way.

i think the key to the lakers and magic finals is whether bynum will bring his A game, or continue to be the disappoint he has become in the playoffs thus far.

if he continues to play of a level that's not worthy of his 50+mill contract then things are going to look grim for the lakers.

if lbj couldn't do it alone, sure as hell kobe can't do it either. but other than that, as the lakers don't have an answer for howard, magic don't have an answer for kobe.

ariza and pau gasol in my opinion will play well against hedo and rashard vice versa. fisher like in the other series will fall to the hands of a younger, smaller, quicker PG.

PJ should really think of starting farmar or brown, but that's just my opinion, i think having fisher and odom come off the bench will be an advantage for the bench mob.

and lol, i hate to admit it, but in terms of clutch, magic are a better team overall. although kobe is considered the best closer in the game,

magic have very reliable clutch shooters as seen throughout the series, whereas throughout the lakers playoff run, they've relied on just kobe in the clutch.

and zzz, when it comes to who wants the ring more, the name that screams loudest is kobe. he has something to prove by winning this and i guess everyone can guess what that is.

but yeh, i'm really looking forward to this years' finals. it turns out that it's the two teams who had the toughest and most draining playoff run made it.

i wouldn't have it any other way.

Archived