NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest Unanimous

If you play well enough, make shots, play great defense, you will win the game whether calls are against you are not.

I always wonder if the NBA is truly rigged or not. I would like to think not.

I hate how at the end of the day its always "the calls were against (the losing team)" or "stern is doing this and that" or "crawford is..."

Yeah, maybe the NBA is rigged, but teams can over come it if they play well enough (unless the team is in on it too)

Good win for the Lakers! Denver wasnt playing the way they did in game 4, they played much worst; therefore, they lose.

It would be something if CAVs come back to win the series. Wow.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest res0nate

I thought the refs were inconsistent. Throughout the game they were calling every foul and suddenly in the 4th quarter the refs just decide to let them play. Especially with the Lakers leading. Nuggets were driving to the hoop looking for the calls they were getting in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarter. The refs decide to stop calling them suddenly in the 4th. Not consistent imo.

At least someone was watching the game.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

There weren't any bad calls. Stop complaining. There were barely calls. Period. The free throw discrepancy was only five. Three if you don't count the intentional foul on Fisher at the end.

It's like a defensive reflex from Lakers fans

Guest endlessrain

someone has to defend em.

good win by the lakers maybe the barca win helped kobe and pau a lil bit haha

now for the cavs magic

Guest SurpriseSex

It's like a defensive reflex from Lakers fans

How can you even argue for bad calls when there is barely any free throw discrepancy? And let's not forget that hard foul on to Kobe's neck/shoulders by Carmelo. If anything, that would be a bad call since it should have been a flagrant 1. Even 1love said it was the best officiated game of the series.

Guest kuku

^he'll do anything to argue with laker fans. that's just how he is.

But I've noticed Laker fans are always the one who are homers. Some people have too much pride in 'their' team.

I think I'm pretty unbiased when it comes to the sport because I don't really have a favorite team. I just watch whatever is on TV when I'm bored. When I feel the officiating is one sided, I stop watching the game since I know who'll win. Last night, it was pretty even though. It was tied for like 3 periods. But 4th was in favor of Lakers I think.

If you ask me about hockey, on the other hand, I've got a favorite team no doubt. But at least I keep an open mind. I even bash at my goal tender Nabby for being crap hahaha.

Guest loving_D

the cavs are doing it again. 1st quarter up by as many as 22. now at halftime it's a 1-pt game. :phew: cavs fans, i would be worried.

Guest SurpriseSex

But I've noticed Laker fans are always the one who are homers. Some people have too much pride in 'their' team.

I think I'm pretty unbiased when it comes to the sport because I don't really have a favorite team. I just watch whatever is on TV when I'm bored. When I feel the officiating is one sided, I stop watching the game since I know who'll win. Last night, it was pretty even though. It was tied for like 3 periods. But 4th was in favor of Lakers I think.

If you ask me about hockey, on the other hand, I've got a favorite team no doubt. But at least I keep an open mind. I even bash at my goal tender Nabby for being crap hahaha.

In your case, we're not "homers", we're just "fans". Fans are people who like a team. What a concept.

see, that's the joy with having a team. i love rooting for my teams. that's what being a fan is all about.

Guest PB&Banana

Fans are fans they can be slightly biased to one team and negative to the others but that's what fandom is all about. I don't live i cali and i love the lakers, there's this other girl who lives in cali but hate the lakers. It doesn't matter where you live fans are still fans biases and all.

Lakers vs Magic in the Finals.

Guest SurpriseSex

The Lakers match up better against the Cavaliers than they do against the Magic. Then again, the Lakers have never played the Magic with Rafer Alston. Alston is a solid point guard, but he's got the basketball IQ of cheese, while Jameer Nelson is smart, almost savvy.

Lakers are on their way to the finals.

Last 2 games are the the best Lakers games in the playoffs so far. If they continue to play every game like this , they will be champs this year.

Oh Phil should never use Sasha, Walton, and Farmar in the game at the same time.

If I was a Laker fan, I would rather play Cleveland than Orlando. Magics' perimeter shooters will expose the Lakers outside defense.

Guest Unanimous

^^ I would prefer it if we played Cleveland also. All we have to do is really shut down the rest of the team, Lebron can do his thing. But as cliche as it sounds, "there's no I in team". Just like game 4 of the Nugget and Lakers game this series. Carmelo did not play well and they managed to win big, and that was because getting a W isnt dependent on just one single player. The Magic would be more difficult cause they have a good inside present, and Dwight has great help (Lewis, Hedu etc)

Great win from the Lakers! Kobe <3

Props to the Nuggets, thye just weren't in it from the start.

I don't think the Lakers will win in a series against the Magics.

If they play the Magic though, let's remember the Lakers only won 2 games in last years finals against an aging Celtics team.

I don't think they could beat a young dominant low post guy in Howard. Or even stand toe to toe with the versatility of Turkoglu and Lewis. Especially with the way Bynum and Odom are playing in the playoffs. Gasol can't dominate vs. Howard and neither could Bynum.

Lakers fans better pray Orlando lose tomorrow. I rather take my chances against Cleveland. And if Lebron puts up 37 pts 14 rebs, and 12 assists every game, then oh well.

Guest Unanimous

^^ Actually no. I hate to admit this.... but the Boston Celtics last year is considerably better than the current Magic and Cavs.

You cant say refer to last year's champ as an "aging" team. 'Cause they arent. They are great veterans and could have made it to the Finals this year if it hadnt been for Garnet's injury.

Lakers can beat both Cavs or the Magic. And the Lakers can get beaten but both the Cavs or the Magic.

Lakers will win as long as they play every game like it's the 7th game and everyone (starters and bench) play their greatest

Guest mofo

can't believe the rockets were a tougher challenge than the nuggets.

i think orlando is incredibly underrated.

their outside shooting reminds me of dallas back when dallas was good

Archived