[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

aindy, thanks for posting the translation of that very insightful article. we fans didn't know that behind the cute smiles of the guys there is a lot of problems they are facing. i really admire shinhwa for being so self-sacrificing in order for the group to stay together.

nqlkt, thanks for posting that old shinhwa interview. eric's answers are really funny! ^_^

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[08.03.16] [Trans] The reason why setting up a new company [Good Emg - SHINHWA]

thanks for sharing the article..

i was quite worried while reading this because of the problems here and there..

i went, "what if shinhwa bla3... what if shinhwa..??!"

ugh, it scares me..

i hope the album sales will be MUCH better this time...

oh, their interviews are always interesting..

random and entertaining...

Probably gender. If that person’s a guy then it’s nothing, but if that person’s a girl, then it will be very hard for me to concentrate on my work.

haha..witty

Guest kriza_09

Eric: It really happened to me in the past. I borrowed money from my friend. But if it is now, I’ll say “ I’m Shinhwa’s Junjin.”Then I’ll beg for forgiveness. I know I’m not Junjin, but I think it’s interesting to say it

Hyesung: I will choose... hairstylist, because my hair isn’t that good, so I need to carefully maintain it. It will be better if I have a hairstylist.

Question: If you are going to die, what are you going to say and to whom?

Eric: Tell Junjin to look after my family.

Hyesung: During cold winters, I will put my hands into my clothing instead of it being in the sleeves. I got on the public bus and I knocked my front teeth when I fell. Worst, the people around me started asking if I was okay. I was very embarrassed.

from those interviews, we can see how dongwan got the title 'wise uncle dongwan'.. lol..

and we definitely can see how hyesung really takes care of his hair... lol...

as for eric, i thought he was normal during their early days... i guess not.. ^^

but pretending to be junjin when he doesn't bring his wallet is really smart... lol

Guest sine81

so because most of the money comes out of their pockets for solo activities and albums and such, is that the reason why eric does not have a solo album out yet? He wants his younger members to have the opportunity and then afterwards it can be his turn?

Guest ANJEE<3

^- that and maybe because he's more popular with dramas

either way.. this is sad =(

BEST OF LUCK SHINHWAAAAA!!

EVERYONE BUY A LEGIT COPY OF THEIR ALBUM!!

i might buy 2 for the hell of it ^^"

one to and listen and to look through.. and the other in mint condition just because XDXD

Guest angel2nyt

[08.03.16] [Trans] The reason why setting up a new company [Good Emg - SHINHWA]

PLEASE CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT.

THANK YOU.

To protect SHINHWA and built a new company.

In the current good financial crises can be said that they had expose the hidden problems to the public, being as the fans maybe we have only seen the good image part on the surface, but we do not know what is actually behind it and all the hardwork which had been dumped into it. There are countless of problem and crises, they are far exceed from what we had imagined.

SHINHWA towards Good Entertainment is actually water which can cause flood to the company, especially in the entertainment biz they needed a huge investment into it and only get a slow income in return. Every time they release an album, concerts too needed a big sum of money to sustain everything, no matter you are famous or not. Company & artist business can't be judged and their relationship are like an exploitation. But to Good, SHINHWA is their only survival reason, so Good is unlike other manage company who mistreat SHINHWA. When an artist is earning lots, their company gets very little. And being as a group the income is even hard to predict, for a famous group it is even hard to say, when they renew their contract, the company's profit will be even much lesser. So every time on the production & promo they needed a large sum or money, as earning a $ is not easy, if not why SM would want to disband one group to another famous group?

Although there was a predict that SHINHWA will form their own company, but not now as the time has not come yet; not under this circumstances, it should be SHINHWA 6 person's only company. But now as there are members had came out and set up their own company, there was no doubt on Good's financial situation. They did this to sustain and protect SHINHWA, so they leak out part of their own profit to others. But if ever Good gone into bankruptcy, SHINHWA will be taken as the dept and at that time they could only listen to what GOD has to say only. That is to change strategy and to set up a new company themselves to repay the old debt, 2nd is also to attract more new income/investment. But even they are using their own name to set up their company, under the law towards the company's debt, every profit they earn they will note get it but the company. Because the company needs to keep running, means they will need a large sum of money to sustain and for promo, dancers, teachers, makeup artist, outfit, designers and so on. They would have to pay everything with their own money in their pocket. Just as the company is still running for the day, the income must be be stop flowing in and there will forever be no relaxation. Do not be mistaken that SHINHWA has the greed to earn more money, because of they are risking their own life for the group to keep SHINHWA carry on.

Lets calculate Good's last year income, lets not talk about the Asia concert, surely there will be lost. Singapore concert to open up the market and there were a large flow of promo, but there were related news saying that the other cooperation company could not afford to take out that sum or money to pay them, that equals to another lost. China 's concert the Chinese company were earning like crazy, but Good & Shinhwa hold this concert for the fans and they get nothing in return. (DBSK concert in China SM request for RMB2000000, Shinhwa's concert were only RMB200000). Korea & Japan's investment & production were huge, there should be a little profit in it. 8th album, was a large in production, the album receive more than 200000 copy of sale, but they could only earn very little.

Korea music market is not in good shape, to hit into the Japan & China market there will be needed a large sum of money. There are artist in the company, not much nor less, but artist which can really earn are little, and there is a large sum or workers that needed to be paid under the company. There are not much Good's artist, new comer needed a large sum of investment too, so the only profit they could get is from SHINHWA. 6+n (n<4).

But the saddest part is, where cruelty could not be avoided, and the market does not talk about sympathy. It's a envy matter towards SM company on how they get their income so well and to keep their company running smoothly. Hoping that the Korea music industry will turn better, and give good a chance for break. At least until when SHINHWA is back from their military service, please dont break down before they enter and hoping there wont be much huge of leak changes.

Towards the reason why Shin Hyesung's 2nd album was being delayed and delayed again it is clearly understood that it must be the investment money problem. Good had made all their bet onto Hyesung's 2nd album, and it must be a success but not loss. Just if they win in this bet, then Good has the chance for a better change and to get back all the loss. Hyesung's 1st album was sold 18k, and this 2nd album must at least sold out 20k above only can count as a success. Don't know whether Good has a company in Japan, if there is, there will be a better profit. They can just send the 2nd album from Korea to Japan and releases it there. Japan fans group are much more stable and the sales are very strong, they wont mind on the pricing and it is surely a good sale.

Please do not complain/angry and be understood why Shinhwa keep going to Japan. Because Japan's market is a place where they can get good operation & higher. Besides than going, they must also stop by frequently. Towards China, actually the market is not much stable and it is not easy on the arrangement, Good is a small company, it is okay it they don't earn, by looking at the visits the SHINHWA paid to China you can understood. The copyright of the album if they sell it other music company, Good will get lesser profit. They want to sell out the copyright too can't be too immediate for them to do so, because on the pricing there will be much difference. Of course surely this entry is just the latest vision of personal point of view. The completely hurting part is due to Hyesung hurt his knee during SHINHWA 3rd jib had become part of the deal. Because there is no need for Hyesung to serve the military service, so he will be continue doing his activities, and this is also a chance to continue in earning their income.

Kim Dongwan signed a different company for his solo was completely a sacrifices, suspecting is not what Dongwan wanted, it is because he thought of the overall profit and situation of the company he had made his decision and done a sacrifices. Firstly the company have no money, and to plan a solo album is very difficult, thus Dongwan signed another management company, the new company will have to pay good a sum of money to get Dongwan's contract from them. Secondly, it has brought an emergency income to Good, also there will be no worries on the success of releasing Dongwan's solo album. Minwoo's case was actually a tiring one, because this guy overwork himself always. Tour, new company's planning, new album, the planning to hit the china market, and all other planning really need a large sum of working loads, and also receiving many people's worrying. If adding all M's planning up together the sum is just trying to eat up every Good's situation and a force in it. M's 3rd album was not release on time surely is due to the investment fund. Eric's solo i think he would need to pay the sum with his own pocket money. Junjin will be the another money tree after Hyesung's. Andy's solo he actually had shown a matured part, where he always smiles in front of the camera, but behind him he have to carry up lots of work and tiring stuff.

9th album, to release or not still there will be the same difficulty. So lets just release it, towards the fund, if there is no money there will be no production, and no production there will be no promotion; If they don't release it, there will not be a chance to gain profit. So the 9th album is a MUST to release, the concert can have large promo, expend the influency, the get more sponsorship, and also to gain $. 111billion of debt, Good is actually walking on a very difficult steps. Towards a big company 100billion is just a small sum, but towards a small company it is actually trying to fight in the market. A few big company is trying to beat down a small company who is just trying to survive. If there is a large sum of stock being sold, there will be also likely an acquired and annexation. If they wants to put a large sum of investment and to keep their own company to survive, both are also a headache to work on. The Korean Shinhwa Changjo had hailed a month ago that the 9th album target must reach to 1,000,000 copies. If this had come true, 10,000kr won X 1,000,000copies of CD = 100billion Kr won. Then Good will get to solve their financial crises and that also equal to save SHINHWA! But sadly after year 2000, there was no one able to break the 1,000,000 record till now.

To all we know that SHINHWA has the attraction and ability to attract large sum or investment and funds. but due to the military service which may take them to return after 3 or 4 years, the investment by then will have a changes.

If SHINHWA does not go well, they can just sign a new contract with a bigger company and can just walk out from Good. There are lots of company wanting SHINHWA under their contract, but they stayed back. With the miracle name of SHINHWA, 6 of them really involve themselves into it and trust that everything will be better. Good was built up because of SHINHWA. SHINHWA was not a choice, but fate. They put their own life with SHINHWA, and with all their effort to maintain the group. If there is an unfortunate day comes, this is not from their will, and they are out from controlling it. They surely felt the pain greater than we do. And we also trust that they will work hard to reform the group. Of course i trust that SHINHWA can overcome everything, they wont disband. Shinhwachangjo is hard, people who love SHINHWA will understand them, to protect them, Lets protect them together!

Above is being analysis from all the news towards Good & Shinhwa, not towards other company or any other artist. Every news are according from what had been spread / reported around on the internet.

although some of what the article say is quite true..

Good may be in a tough financial situation right now

i dont know

most artists' income come from concerts and performing..

so to say, that shinhwa got only little or no profit at all in most of their concerts is somewhat not true..

they can have no profit for one concert, but that doesnt mean that they didnt get paid

profit means "making of gain in business activity for the benefit of the owners of the business"

another is the money shinhwa makes for every album

the writer forgot to include the money the Good and shinhwa makes though downloading.. and when you look at the incomes some singers have now, they have more income from this than the actual cd itself

then the profits from the cds bought outside korea, the dvds, etc

again, i said Good may be having financial problems now, because from what ive been hearing(and reading), but it was because of events that happened a few years ago.

every album/single a small company like Good makes, is a huge investment (even to SM, it is)

i seriously still dont see this as a big deal though, because even big companies have debts

Guest square-boxes

AHHHHH busy stealing signatures

thanks girls!! ((=

shall find time to edit my signatures THANKS AGAIN!

the shinhwa fever is back!! ((=

Guest incarnadine

First of all, thanks so much nglkt for graciously posting the translations to the 1998 Shinhwa interview here. As always, their interview was a very enjoyable read, and I found myself chuckling and giggling while reading it. :)

My random observations/comments...

>> Eric loves to make weird yet hilarious answers... quirky but I really like his humor... and in this interview, he decided to "pick on" Jinnie, aww ^^

>> I seriously laughed at Jin's answer to the question If you were a girl, what would you be doing now? ~ Now? I'd be showering ~ what the...? :lol:

>> I volunteer to be Jin's private masseuse.

About the article/commentary on Good's financial situation... a lot of thoughts ran through my mind after reading that... I felt surprised, sad, then worried... but now, I feel more determined than ever to help Good and Shinhwa. I'm just overwhelmed at the kind of loyalty and brotherhood Shinhwa have displayed, and are still displaying until now. They have been through a lot in the past, and it seems that until now, their trials aren't over yet. However, I have so much faith in them that they will again, overcome this obstacle.

Can't wait for the 9th Jib!!!!

Shinhwa jjang! :)

Guest kawaii30ph

I saw on yesasia that they will release their 9th jib on the 3rd of april..

Gosh... that's 2 weeks plus addl 1 or 2 weeks for shipping??? REALLY....

but really excited about it... saw the pic.. thanks guys for sharing... now

i know why andy said it - i mean about eric's look - but andy you also look gorgeous...

like the rest of the guys....

Guest Aromati97

I saw on yesasia that they will release their 9th jib on the 3rd of april..

Gosh... that's 2 weeks plus addl 1 or 2 weeks for shipping??? REALLY....

but really excited about it... saw the pic.. thanks guys for sharing... now

i know why andy said it - i mean about eric's look - but andy you also look gorgeous...

like the rest of the guys....

End of April?

I think YesAsia is mistaken.

I thought it was supposed to be released on March 24th. No?

AH. I wish more info would be released from Good EMG.

Guest aindy

[Trans] 080317 Update on Shinhwa's 10th Anniversary Website

NO HOTLINKING AND PROPER CREDITS IF TAKING OUT.

THANK YOU.

s5w0y3sgvd8.jpg

pnotecr9.jpg

The six cool guys who will be coming back to us with their best demeanors, SHINHWA!!

And the people who have been waiting for them, Shinhwa Changjo!!

To help ease everyone's longing for Shinhwa

And for everyone's love for them

DR Hong and W who handle videos and performances in Good Entertainment

Have prepared a gift!!

Going forward..we will slowly, one by one,

Release pictures of the album and their concert preparation

In order to return to everyone showing the best of them

They have slogged tirelessly in the recording studio, the rehearsal studio and at filming sites

The faces of six handsome men

And interesting anecdotes from these places

Hot and fresh news

Will be reported here at top speed

Shinhwa Changjo!!

Please watch out for it

Source: www.shinhwa10th.com

Chi trans:jojoyu7@shinhwachina

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

[Trans] 080317 10th Anniversary Website - Production Note 1

alb1kr5.jpg

1st Day, Oseong Light Airplane Runway

We spent two days, 3 and 4 March to shoot the album photos for Shinhwa's 9th album

Here we have Shinhwa, Mr Jo Seon Hee's team, the managers, the stylists, the logistics crew and other crew members, making up more than 40 people on set

Everyone gathered at 9am at the light airplane runway at Oseong near Jebu-do

For the last Winter Story shoot, 3 members were late so we did the solo cuts first

Although it's March

Although everyone was surrounded by the cold weather and sand

But the members all stuck it out in their thin layers of clothes

Special applause for M hyung

Reason?

Please look out for Shinhwa's 9th album!!!

Chi trans:韩小国 @ BESTSHINHWA

[Trans] 080317 10th Anniversary Website - Production Note 2

alb2jq5.jpg

2nd Day, ZoaZoa Studio

March, A Snowy Day

Mr Jo Seon Hee's ZoaZoa Studio

It's already become a boutique here

Everytime Shinhwa comes here everyone says "A boutique just moved here"

Yesterday there was a sandstorm, today it snowed. It's already March!

I still want to thank everyone involved in the indoor shoot...

Although due to the cold weather, Shin-gun and An-gun weren't in their best conditions,

But everyone still managed to finish the shoot happily and smoothy.

Indeed, the 6 Shinhwa members are vitamins!

The shoot carried on from morning until 11pm at night,

It's worth waiting for.

Coming soon.

Chi trans:韩小国 @ BESTSHINHWA

[Trans]080317 10th Anniversary Website: Concert

con1sc2.jpg

The staff meeting for the highly anticipated Shinhwa 10th anniversary concert -

The directors, the lighting crew, the sound crew, the video crew, the stage crew, the special effects crew etc

A total of 14 teams are gathering for this

The main thing on today's agenda..Safety!!

@Gymnasium Arena

080311by DR.Hong

Chi trans: 打糕@shinhwachina

[Trans] 080317 10th Anniversary Website: MV 1

con2ge5.jpg

We decided to shoot the MV and the concert footage at the same time

To explain the production concept, the director spent two days travelling to where the members were..!!

I met up with An-gun at my workplace~He seemed more interested in the amazing speaker...ㅋㅋ

I was talking to Ric-gun in this car

by DR.Hong

[Trans] 080317 10th Anniversary Website: MV 2

con3ff6.jpg

The most important thing in the MV is the look of the members

To let everyone see a completely different image of them

The stylists and the hairstylists are having a meeting -

The pointed leather shoes are the highlights~!!

The director, based on his own ideas

Sketches out Shin-gun's hairstyle...

If we use this picture...?!!

Ah~Curious~~ㅋ

080314 pm 9:00

by DR.Hong

Guest PurpleRain

Thanks a lot for the news..Aindy ^^

"Shin-gun and An-gun weren't in their best conditions"

>_<~~~ i knew it !!! They are sick again !!! sigh* It has been raining heavily lately at my place...i wonder if Korea is the same too ...

Guest lexine

^

^

thanks for sharing! my goodness, that first picture, makes me so excited! especially sungie's side view.. but i'm not a fan of that moustache, but i guess without it, he'd look too girlish? haha.

look at the amount of accessories and all! and seriously, this DR Hong is so nice to have such things, keeps us updated with shinhwa's movements and all! but who is this DR Hong? heehee.

and yes, let's all support shinhwa's 9th album! everyone, try to buy a copy at least! sadly, i can only afford 2.. but i guess every album counts! :D

Guest kriza_09

what???? 9th jib will be released on 3rd april?????

man that sucks... i was planning to buy some when i'm in korea... =(

Guest incarnadine

Omg... when first saw these photos and translations at shinhwa.biz, i was like... speechless. I think my heart stopped beating for a few seconds. The excitement is just too much.

Our men look so handsome!!! Eric's eyes, Andy's lips, Minwoo's arms, Wannie's ears, Hye Sung's moustache... and Jin's sexy, delectably bitable neck!!! *dies*

I can't wait for more updates. I'm so hyped right now. Let's all support Shinhwa's 9th Jib!!! :w00t:

Guest aindy

what???? 9th jib will be released on 3rd april?????

man that sucks... i was planning to buy some when i'm in korea... =(

i don't think it'll be released on that date in Korea..

i think the album will be sold at the concert venue..

as well as the shinhwa merchandise..

knowing yesasia, they are delayed 1 or 2 days from the actual release date..

Guest yellowtulipx

OMG. i've never been this excited. i'm sure we are all appreciate that this dr. hong kindly posted the updates with pictures and all...

but this makes me really, really curious! :sweatingbullets: there are still several days before the big day, and i'm not even in korea - which means i'm not going to the concert and all. so envious with you people.

and thx for translating, i've been wondering what dr.hong was talking about... ^_^

eric oppa... :wub: yes, he showed his ET side in the interview, and that makes me like him even more!

Shinhwa = 10 years! Aja!

Guest kiwistar

But the members all stuck it out in their thin layers of clothes

shirtless M...? :phew:

Needless to say, I'm hyped up for their comeback! Meanwhile, I'll faithfully stalk this thread xD

Guest kriza_09

Reason?

Please look out for Shinhwa's 9th album!!!

Why the hell are they doing to us!!???????

this makes me so damn curious... >"<

you know how they say people won't die peacefully and will wander around if they are still curious of something when they die...

i guess this is one of the case...

i won't die peacefully before 9th jib is released... >"<

Guest angel2nyt

Our men look so handsome!!! Eric's eyes, Andy's lips, Minwoo's arms, Wannie's ears, Hye Sung's moustache... and Jin's sexy, delectably bitable neck!!! *dies*

hahahaha

i cant stop laughing because of your post..

this is really making me more and more excited

6 more days to go

thank you for the all those news

by the way, i think the 9th album will be released just a few days after the 24th or on that day itself

Archived