[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

Guest apricot

Yes whatever happens, only the true fans will be behind Shinhwa 100%. They might be wrong too if leaving like that, but I think Minwoo must have his own reasons for doing so. He's really smart and he's not the type to act harshly. Besides we know that he will never disappoint his fans (there's instances that even though he's injured, he still went on stage to perform) and we know how much he wants to work with JYP. What about those negative remarks he must be getting right now? He must be putting a lot of these in line when he rejected to perform. Whatever is it, his brothers will be there to support him.

I'm glad to see him together with Eric and Wannie in the Sun Hee's wedding. They must have sat together to discuss this matter after the wedding. They are great thinkers, they must have came out with something to solve this. I'm awaiting for Minwoo's answer too. I really want to know what's going on..

Thanxs seiwei for praising us!!! Haha, we're not that great but we are better than the other fanclubs out there~ I'm proud to be SHCJ fan too! ^

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vietsoul

hi Shinwa fans!!

I want to say that I love shinwa and they are my all-time korean boyband :Dlook at my second banner :D

---

I have a question im sorry if I offense anyone .

I heard Andy tried to commit suicide in the fourth shinwa CD, it is true?

lilvietxoxogirl - i think that's just one of the rumors about why andy left during the 4th album.. nobody knew for sure.. there are other rumors such as going back to the US to complete his studies, or being bullied by SM.. but i don't think anybody knows for sure what happened.. the members or the company never clarified, even though at times they acknowledge that andy had missed some stuff during his absence [like the yummily sinful naked photoshoot =P] but who knows? i guess only andy himself [and the members..]

kingko - that's what we're currently discussing.. okay, from what i understand, dongwan didn't get invitation at all, and he was planning for his birthday bash, so he wasn't gonna come anyways.. somebody said that hyesung was preparing to leave at 5 pm for the award ceremony but backed out at the last moment.. some said that he didn't announce that he was going anyways, so it's weird that people were expecting him.. minwoo had gone through up to the rehearsal, but backed out at the last minute, due to the disagreement of the distribution of award [i think the official message was posted less than 5 pages ago, so if you want to know the details, backlog just a bit..] i think they were slated to win some awards for their solo albums and whatnot, but because of the disagreement, the awards went to other singers instead.. the only award they got was the overseas choice award [which we can proudly say that we had contributed =P] and they weren't there to accept it.. the only other singer who was a no show for their awards was i think ivy.. so maybe mnet/km tried to give the awards to only people who were there to accept it, there might be other reasons, and that's what we're discussing right now.. hope this summary is correct and helps you to kinda grasp what's happening O_o if it doesn't sorry ^^" i don't know any better either..

Hi again lol. I read this on Shinhwa_daily LJ Comm. I don't know if there is someone in this thread who regularly posts stuff like this but I haven't seen it posted here, so I thought it'd be best to share.

11/18 MKMF Shock, Only the Beginning, Last Minute Award Switches and more

MKMF Shock, Lee Minwoo's Cancellation Only the Beginning

indexlinkimagemq8yx1iu1.jpg

The '2007 Mnet KM Music Festival' (MKMF), the first of the award shows celebrating the most loved music by the general public in 2007, has once again been overshadowed by tampered judging shock and is receiving heavy criticism by the public.

With just one hour till live broadcast, singers Lee Minwoo and Shin Hyesung cancelled their appearances, both citing irreconcilable issues with the judging process.

Unfortunately this meant that Park Jin Young's scheduled comeback stage suffered a substantial blow.

Originally, Park Jin Young had invited Lee Minwoo to make a suprise special appearance during his performance of song "She Was Pretty". Furthermore, it has now been revealed that Lee Minwoo was not the only one that pulled out but FlytotheSky who were scheduled to sing "Don't Leave Me" together with Park Jin Young also cancelled their appearance.

However this is not the only controversy being sparked by the public.

Advertised as '100% awarded to the winner of the Netizens online votes', the Auction Netizen Award was not given to the winner of the poll, Shin Hyesung, but the honor was instead given to Super Junior. At the official conclusion of the polling process on the 16th at 5pm, Shin Hyesung was the artist with the most votes.

This situation was similiar to Lee Minwoo. Lee Minwoo was headlined as the winner of the 'Auction Star Award' but at the actual MKMF, the entire award disappeared. Japanese singer Gakt also rejected his award for 'Asia Pop Artist' and as a result, this category could not be found.

On this matter, Lee Minwoo's management Open World Entertainment made a press release stating, "The director of this 2007 MKMF awards Park Kwang Hyun says that there is a formulated process to selecting award recipients but the actual producer on set and in charge of running MFMK did not even know the details of the selection process.

In the case of viewer votes and album sales, an accurate count can be checked but a combined digital chart does not have accurate statistical data that is released nor able to be calculated. Furthermore, mnet.com have their own sub companies and managed artists making it realistically impossible for artists from other management to promote their albums through their outlets.

MKMF also failed to release official information on who or where their research targets were or on what kind of standards the judging panel were selected. As a result, we chose not to consent to a judging standard that gives more weight on the areas in which we cannot even know the selection criteria rather than giving weight to areas that the general public can see and acknowledge for themselves."

In the end, of a total of 34 originally announced categories, only 24 awards were given. The Auction Star Award and Auction Netizen Award were suddenly transformed to a Auction Netizen Popularity Award and the Best Director, Best Composer, Best Writer awards disappeared altogether.

It was also noteworthy that lack of time could not be cited as a reason to the disappearance of awards as the MKMF finished 30 minutes ahead of scheduled time.

Not only is MKMF being accused of tampered judging but speculation over the excessive changing and creating of genre categories is arising. One representative of the music industry questioned the motives behind the awarding of SG Wannabe's "Arirang" to the R&B/Soul category instead of the Ballad category to which the song belongs.

credits. ShinhwaChangjo.net + orenji728 (translation) + Newsen, Osen, Yonhap (source) + Shinhwa_daily @ livejournal.com

Hope I'm not doing anything wrong by posting this here.

Hi again lol. I read this on Shinhwa_daily LJ Comm. I don't know if there is someone in this thread who regularly posts stuff like this but I haven't seen it posted here, so I thought it'd be best to share.

Hope I'm not doing anything wrong by posting this here.

I feel kind of sad for Shinhwa. It was so darn clear that they were the winners in the online polls. So I guess the Shinhwa guys were expecting to win and at the last minute was told that the winners changed (?) and so when questioned about the judging process, MKMF couldn't give a justifiable enough reason. And that's what made the guys pull out of the awards.. Seemed like the older bands are the ones that saw this unfairness in winner selection. Shinhwa, FTTS..

Let's all wait for official statements from the guys themselves.

seiwei thanks for posting tt news.

based on that final result of polling, Hyesung was @ first rank of Auction Netizen Choice Award and Lee Min Woo as the winner of Auction Style Choice Award.

but with MKMF unreasonable decision, both awards was belongs to other artists.

thats one of some reasons why Hyesung & Minwoo cancelled their appearance...

on nov 19th, hyesung will give comment for the reason he cancelled his apprearance. well..lets see....

i still love shinhwa.

and hyesung oppa indeed, whether he got award or not, he is the best K-singer. <333

Guest kriza_09

i know this is very long and probably too late for now.. but i've been writing this the past 3-4 hours.. i decided to post this anyway so i won't feel like wasting my time for nothing..

i'm still feeling emotional about the award show... if an artist wins an award just because the artist is popular despite his/her music talent being questionable, then i think the award is still fair.. i mean, a popular artist is very likely to win the online voting.. and the artist's numerous fans would also buy his/her album, thus high album sales.. and a popular artist would have a lot of appearances on tv, thus high number of tv appearances.. whether or not the artist deserves the award based on his/her talent or merely popularity, it relatively depends on each person's point of view.. but technically, the artists wins the award fair and square.. BUT! if after all categories (online voting, album sales, tv appearances, judging panel) have been considered and calculated, it turns out a particular artist gets the highest point and thus, the award belongs to him (regardless the musical talent of the artist) but for some reason (i.e. some dealings under the table between the award show company and a certain entertainment company) the award is given to another artist, then the award show is just messed up..

i think that was the reason minwoo and hyesung decided to cancel their appearances.. of course we (minwoo, hyesung, and shinhwachangjo) would never know if they should have won an award that was given to someone else, since we can't witness the result of other categories except online voting.. and my ramblings above would merely be a speculation.. and minwoo n hyesung would just be too full of themselves if they thought they should've won those awards... but here's the thing.. 2 award categories, 'auction netizen popularity award' and 'auction style award' are based on online voting ONLY.. when the polling was closed, the result showed that for 'auction netizen popularity award', hyesung comes in the first place, dongwan in second, suju in third.. while in 'auction style award', minwoo comes in first and suju in second... but why in the actual show, the two awards were combined and given to someone else??? in category 'best dance', minwoo won the online voting and in categories 'singer of the year' & 'song of the year', hyesung did.. they have been performing rigorously this past 4 months on both variety and music shows as well as various concerts (including mnet japan concert, mnet 100th epi, mnet KT Wonder Summer Concert, etc).. their album sales are also not bad.. i know for sure hyesung's album sales is really high.. that leaves only the judging panel & professionals category, which is the only category where the actual talent takes into account.. and for sure no one will question minwoo's talent in dancing and hyesung's talent in singing.. considering those circumstances, why then the awards were given to someone else??? *based on open world entertainment's explanation, i'm assuming all artists know who's going to win before 7PM* so they noticed something fishy about that and got curious.. so they wanted to see where the result is from and how those points from each criteria are calculated... mnet can just shove those papers to their face and say 'here's the result, see it yourself, you're not all that, stop being so full of yourself and shut up' and they will be embarrassed.. but mnet failed to give the proof.. of course their suspicions would not just pop out of nowhere.. after all, they had been in a company related to mnet for 5 years and they knew how those big company work.. in fact, it was a first-hand experience for them..

regarding of minwoo walking out of the show being said as a rude act.. his action was not rude nor impolite nor disrespectful or anything in that sense.. he has every right to do it.. but i hope his walking out of the show like that was not just an emotional moment of act.. i know a lot of things might have happened in the past and built up until now and i do applaud him for standing up for what he think is right.. but i would prefer him just keeping his emotion inside and staying through the show, putting up his smile and trying to have fun with hyesung as usual, and sincerely congratulating the winners of the awards that actually belonged to him... that would show what a bigger person he is.. but i know that was a very impossibly hard to do and i'm not sure i could do either either if i were him.. *i just have this very conservative ideal that i don't need to stand up for my own right as long i'm the only one who's at disadvantage, but that has made me very easy and gullible person and i won't expect everyone has the same ideal like me* but then it got to me that this might be not the first time it happened... i'm sure he and other members have been through this before, being treated unfairly.. and all this time, they just stayed quiet and kept everything to themselves (and most probably had drinks together after that lol).. and that's enough.. i'm proud of them and i'm glad he decided to leave.. i can't bear watching him going through the same thing again.. i just wished he didn't leave JYP alone coz his perf was too long and a bit boring (i know it was too long coz there was supposed to be a special perf with minwoo and ftts)

about whether hyesung ever intended to come to the show or not.. i THINK he did.. he was going to leave but then canceled his appearance just half an hour before minwoo canceled his after his rehearsal.. i'm GUESSING hyesung was ready to go for rehearsal.. but minwoo, who had rehearsal before hyesung, got into argument with the show producer and told hyesung via cellphone what was going on... so they both decided to cancel their appearances.. that was purely my guess.. but i'm sure minwoo's and hyesung's absence on the show is because of the same reason and circumstance, whatever it is..

ok, after 3 hours writing this comment.. i've felt better now.. i admit i was disappointed.. i wanted them to win... for themselves.. coz this is their last year before going to the *rmy.. but i realized... i didn't want them to win for themselves.. i wanted them to win for myself.. me and my selfish fandom.. for my own satisfaction of the moment i read 'shinhwa/shinhwa members winning #####'

i'm touched at edward's words..

respect Shinhwa's decision a lot. I think all their members have been in the industry long enough now they don't care too much about these awards, which proves nothing whether you win or not (it's just a show). They've been there before and now they just want to make more good music to their fans.

it's so true... they know awards prove nothing.. the only reason they even care about the award at all is the fans.. just because fans will be happy if they win.. they didn't even care about daesangs.. the only reason they wanted to win just for once was the fans.. and they did win it.. i don't see any more reason i should ask for more.. shinhwa is never about winning an award, getting the first place, having the largest fanbase, etc.. shinhwa is only about sticking together till the end and enjoying those moments with the fans, no matter how many they are..

oh and 1 more, someone said other artists have boycotted this show in the past, but minwoo is the first to disclose the show's unfairness openly to the public.. before this it was only rumors.. but now we know it's real, as written in minwoo's management company's explanation:

Melon and Mnet.com have complete monopolies on the promotion of SK, Seoul Records and CJ Entertainment artists only. This factor we are sure you all will know well through the media and the internet. As a result, it is impossible to see any fairness in a chart that gives its own managed artists priority.

i hope minwoo won't get any backlash from those big companies... mnet, CJ, or even SM!! *recall SM-JTL scandal* mnet is the one who promotes minwoo's solo album (didn't minwoo choose mnet because it starts with M?) and CJ stands for Choong Jae!!!! lol.. hyesung said in an interview CJ is junjin's.. lol..

I just wanted to say that I am so so proud of Shinhwa! Im so proud of Minwoo and Sungie standing up for truth and fairness.. and after reading those nasty comments about Shinhwa, i just cant help but get pissed.. They would never ever know about the hardships they've gone through after all these years.. and no one can ever be compared to them when it comes to their passion on performing and music..

i have full respect for shinhwa... whatever reason they have for not going to the award show, it's their decision... they've been in the industry long enough to know how it works... and it think as much as the producers of the show wanted professionalism from the artists, they too should respect the artists themselves... they're "legends" in their own rights and i think they deserve at least some decent amount of respect and be treated fairly...

it's hard to be on a not-so-good terms with a big company like cj ent but i still have faith in our boys... i'm sure it's not just about the awards, bec. i do believe that they've proven it time and again that it's the love they have for their fans and their crafts that's pushing them to do their best!

i just wish to see them again... all 6 together... really soon! i miss shinhwa so much!!!

shinhwa fighting!!! :)

it's so true... they know awards prove nothing.. the only reason they even care about the award at all is the fans.. just because fans will be happy if they win.. they didn't even care about daesangs.. the only reason they wanted to win just for once was the fans.. and they did win it.. i don't see any more reason i should ask for more.. shinhwa is never about winning an award, getting the first place, having the largest fanbase, etc.. shinhwa is only about sticking together till the end and enjoying those moments with the fans, no matter how many they are..

i'm totally 100% agree. honestly, i - personally - will happy if they won.

but some reasons, as you said, they dont need awards anymore..they already got many awards bcos of their talents. and now as the best K-group, they only need together forever with fans, and its more precious than awards.

i hope minwoo won't get any backlash from those big companies... mnet, CJ, or even SM!! *recall SM-JTL scandal* mnet is the one who promotes minwoo's solo album (didn't minwoo choose mnet because it starts with M?) and CJ stands for Choong Jae!!!! lol.. hyesung said in an interview CJ is junjin's.. lol..

yeahh..hopefuly Minwoo won't get any trouble with his action..its for K-music industry themselves. stand for truth..

CJ is Choong Jae - Junjin? kekeke... i just knew it!.. nauhty hyesungie ..lol..

Guest angel2nyt

the official message from the open world entertainment kinda amused me.. what has jyp performance had to do with anything? was minwoo supposed to perform with him or something? and i thought hyesung was gonna come.. i remember reading from somewhere that he had planned to leave at 5 pm [whereever he was] but cancelled at the last minute as well O_o? i don't understand the whole mess.. or am i just retarded?

yes he was supposed to perform with jyp.. fly to the sky was also supposed to perform with them but they didnt show up too

Guest shinmoreyell

im sorry, but there are so many things which are really hard to digest... :(

why no one appear at the mkmf show?

whats this management problem?

can someone tell me? :(

i was reading the post but i get more frustrated...

they won an award right? that overseas award...

i didnt get the chance to watch MFMK on air... :(

please tell me.

Guest kriza_09

i just thought of a childish yet shinhwaish (actually both words mean the same thing) of the reason why they decided to cancel their appearance..

a month ago, poor dongwannie just found out he's the only one who wasn't invited to the award show.. :(

minwoo and hyesung showed off their invitation cards in front of wannie's nose and said 'ha ha.. they don't like you... no one likes you.. you're pretty much the most unwanted member...' :P :P wannie got pissed off and said 'fine! you're not invited to my birthday party!' :tongue2:

they took it as a joke and didn't think too much about it.. :phew:

until the day of the award show, 5 PM korean time..

they found out they just won the overseas award... :w00t: so hyesung called dongwan and suggested they celebrate it the next day, since he and minwoo would be at the award show the whole night on that day... but dongwan said 'yeah i'm going to celebrate it with eric, jinnie, and andy at my birthday party... too bad you guys are not invited.. :tongue2: you can go to that award show of yours and have fun with minwoo.. ha ha!' :blink: realizing how serious that is, hyesung who was on his way to the award show for his rehearsal :sweatingbullets: , started to beg dongwan to invite him, mainly because his baby bird jinnie whom he hasn't seen for months would be back from china just to attend wannie's birthday party.. :tears: but evil wannie made him choose either go to his birthday party or the award show... :blink: 'we're at jinnie's house right now to celebrate and you must be here in 5 min if you want to be invited tomorrow' :crazy: sungie who would choose his baby bird jinnie over any award even daesang anytime, immediately made a U-turn going towards jinnie's house and called minwoo to tell him he's not going to the award show anymore... 'but we are minsyung!!!!' :tears: minwoo protested.. he was actually done with his rehearsal, had prepared a new choreography with a newly designed M wolf cap 4th series... hyesung thought if he couldn't go to the show, then he must make minwoo not to go as well.. <_< so evil sungie made minwoo choose 'either you come to jinnie's house right now or we stop being minsyung forever'.. :crazy: minwoo immediately ran towards the exit shouting 'screw MKMF!! 우리는 민셩입니다!!!!! (we are minsyung)' :wub: so at the night of the show, they actually hanged out at jinnie's house celebrating their winning the overseas award by themselves and chatting till midnight, not even bothered to watch the award show on TV that was left on..

^lol. lol. it could really be the main reason why minwoo and hyesung didn't attend the MKMF..

*sigh* i'm still a bit disappointed for what had happened.. but i believe in Minwoo.. some may think that he's unprofessional.. but if i where really on he's shoes, i might do the same thing..

seiwei, thanks for sharing that piece of news article!

i'm rather disappointed that shinhwa didn't win what they were supposed to win, but VERY proud of the boys because they chose to NOT receive the awards themselves! The fact that they are making music isn't for awards but for their own passion, for us their fans alone, makes me love them more!

shinmoreyell,

yeah they won the overseas viewer award! the one we all voted hard for in arirang! :D

ANOTHER GOOD THING THAT CAME OUT OF THIS horrible award show and this horrible bashing by the others, IS THAT SHINHWA CHANGJO JUST BECAME MORE UNITED AND WE LOVE SHINHWA MORE! Our boys will always be number 1 in our hearts! and we KNOW they are number 1 in reality.

Guest lovegoodfood

Lets not get much more anger and hatred feelings in our hearts anymore..... this stupid and controversial award show though has its downside of thing but it has somehow triggered the ShinHwa's fans to unite and gel as one......

to lighten up the mood a little bit, i'm watching a program on sbs [part of good sunday line up, dongwan was on this program last week] they used the song eusha eusha as the background at a point of time~~

kriza - your hypothesis is probably the best one i've seen since the mkmf.. i love it!! it made my day.. or night.. thank you!!

shinmoreyell - yes they won an award, the overseas choice award as a group.. but as soloists, hyesung was supposed to win some awards [i don't remember what they are] and minwoo was supposed to receive some awards too [was it the dance artist award?] but due to the shadiness of the judgement criteria, those awards were given to other artists instead.. and therefore minwoo backed out from attending the award even though he already finished rehearsal.. hyesung didn't attend it either, he either decided to back out after minwoo decided not to attend, or was not planning to attend at all.. i hope this makes the situation clearer to you by an inch ^^"

MKMF Suck ><

The rumors about them put SM gasoo as priority was already spread since a couple years ago.

The years went the highest award in mnet wentto boa n BI. it was a big suprise n scandalous.

Because the prediction the two highest award will goes to Bi only,Shinhwa or Sg wannabe since they lead the album sales n voting that year.

and the other news i heard was during Shinhwa SM days.i forgot the exact year but that year SM asked MKMF to gave the highest award that suppose belong to Shinhwa to Boa.

i dont know whether is true or not but the unfairness is clear is my eyes.

espcially during shinhwa 7 album when Boa n Rain got the highest award, everyone thought even the music industry that the awards will goes to Shinhwa n bi

Guest evelynphuong

MKMF Suck ><

and the other news i heard was during Shinhwa SM days.i forgot the exact year but that year SM asked MKMF to gave the highest award that suppose belong to Shinhwa to Boa.

errr i think i have to correct you

the award LSM took from Shinhwa to give it to Boa is Seoul Gayo Daesang of 2002, the biggest and most honorable award of the year, not this MKMF

and it made such a big unsatisfaction between Shinhwa and SM

and i`m sure that it was real, not just rumors

espcially during shinhwa 7 album when Boa n Rain got the highest award, everyone thought even the music industry that the awards will goes to Shinhwa n bi

and i think this was in their 8th Jib, not 7th

coz 7th Jib was the most successful year of Shinhwa, they got most of the awards and they got back the Daesang which was stolen from them 2 years ago and we all know they deserved them, those were for all 7 yrs of work-hard not just for 7th jib

------------------------------

anyway, i can feel that MKMF this year was such a mess

i need to hear dirrectly from our boys, before i can give any comments

and i agree with someone said that they`ve been in this industry enough too know how it is

and to decide to pull out this way must come from a SERIOUS REASON BEHIND, beyond the fairness or something that Open world mentioned

that`s what i really want to know!!!!!!

Archived