[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

people who are not a Shinhwa fan should know the reason why Minwoo/Heysung/Donwan and the rest of the Shinhwa guys didn't attend the award in the frist place before they start to judge Minwoo. What ever the reason was, I'm pretty sure they all had a pretty good reason why they didn't want to attend the award.... I use to LOVE SM Ent. that was way back in the days when H.O.T,S.E.S,Shinhwa, FlytotheSky was all in SM Ent. Mr. Lee Sooman is really something... I can't believe how people can still put up with that man and he is still able to come up with all these tiny teenager...

Shinhwa fighting!!! I'm just waiting for their reuion b4 some of them goes to the army.

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lingling22

that's why i love Shinhwa .. they stand up for FAIRNESS...only a few artists would do that...

no matter what those evil companies do..... Shinhwa is Shinhwa... they stand up what they believe and what they want...

they respect their fans a lot , that's why they value the fans hardwork ...

and seeing that is not being respected by others... why would they even bother...

Wow, so much has happened since I was last online. The MKMF thread literally blew up overnight lol, mostly with the Shinhwa vs. DBSK vs. SJ debate.

I'm really happy that shinhwa changjo fans on soompi are keeping their cool and not going crazy on the MKMF thread...although some of the people's comments that were posted there really tempted me to respond with a remark of my own. :mellow:

Honestly, there's nothing I want to say that hasn't been said by someone else already, just that I'm proud of our boys for standing up for themselves, and that I support their decisions 100%. In the ten years since they've debuted, they've been passed over for way too many awards, the unfairness of which has always been quietly endured by them and the fans. I'm glad they're now standing up for themselves - perhaps this will finally draw enough attention to the absurd way these awards shows have been running in recent years.

It was sad watching when no one was there to accept the overseas popularity award, an award that we overseas fans all worked our butts off voting for, but reading how both Hyesung and Minwoo posted long, sincere notes on their respective websites profusely apologizing to the fans regarding the matter, and how much they appreciated the fans' support, I'm okay with the fact that they weren't there - I'd rather them not have to sit through all the other awards, awards which the fans also voted hard for them to get #1 in, to ultimately not win or in one case, not even be nominated for in the category. It reminds me of how painful it was to watch Minwoo appear in last year's MKMF awards (remembering a similar controversy last year), and although I loved him for going to accept the overseas award, I really have no wish to watch the same situation again this year.

It is a little upsetting that this was one less chance to see them on a show, especially with most of them leaving for the army next year. I usually look forward to the MKMF special stage performances, but oh well.

In happier news! Here are pictures of Minwoo and Dongwan attending Jung Sun Hee's wedding, also yesterday, the day of the MKMF awards. I remember her from watching Shinhwa's Heroine 6 and Golden Fishery clips haha. The boys look good <3

071116ahnjaehwanweddingbm2.jpg

071116ahnjaehwanweddingqy2.jpg

also, if you watch the news cut in the multi section from ocean's six, you'll also find eric with minwoo and dongwan standing with the whole ensemble of celebrities at the wedding. Eric finally decided to come out of hiding, lol. FTTS was there as well...haha it almost seems like most of the stars went to Jung Seong Hee's wedding instead of to the awards show.

Guest nvr2clich3

Aww, like many of you i've read the MKMF thread, and read that particular comment abt Shinhwa T_T

It makes me really really sad... thinking that so many of the new fans of kpop as in those who loves the new generation~ actually NOT understand abt how Shinhwa have come along all these years...and make such harsh comments on them :(

Waited 7 years for a Daesang wasn't easy...

And i have complete trust in Minwoo and Hyesung abt their management and their decision to pull out...

There must be something really wrong... and i'm sure Minwoo must be looking forward to this perf too.. i can't imagine how hard its going to be for him esp after all the rehearsals.

SIGH, seeing how mature the changjo-ers in Soompi are... i'm so proud to be a Shinhwa fan, and this thread really feels like home with all of you loving Shinhwa together <3

I still believe in SHINHWA CHANGJO to be mature enough not to fight with the other fanclubs,

but if they really did.... then there must be something REALLY BAD happen, if not we all already know,

Shinhwa Chanjo is the best fanclub ever.

[07.11.17][News] Shinhwa, unite and reject the award May bring out with full credits. TQ.

Shinhwa unite and reject the award

LeeMinWoo & ShinHyeSung announce on their cancellation towards the MKMF ceremony, SHINHWA was being awarded as the Overseas Viewer Award but no come came forward to receive the award, because all of the members didnt not attend, so the award giving too was not presented.

On this day's award, non of the solo members win but except SHINHWA.

Although within the SHINHWA members, Shinhyesung, Leeminwoo, Kimdongwan were being nominated but no one came for the ceremony. Thus had made the audience sight.

Source:oceans

Cn Trans:打糕@shinhwachina

Eng Trans: amane86@myshinhwa, shinhwa.biz

hmm i dont get why they didnt attend... do u guys have an idea why?

Guest candy012

there are other award ceremonies coming up, i am not too worried for our boys. they have been doing well as a group and solo w/o awards for many years. they will continue to do well and have many supporters. i hope this doesn't make a bad mark on them...

Guest GyrlPwr

I rarely post in this thread because it's hard for me to keep up. (I usually post in smaller Shinhwa forums). Anyway, I must apologize that I have been distracted by other groups (well two groups), and had to realize that my first love has always been Shinhwa! I've been following their solo careers though. I too was at the awards thread and I was disappointed about Minwoo, Dongwan, and Hyesung not winning, but life goes on. THEN, I came across the "king" comment. I didn't bother to reply to them directly, but it sparked some curiosity into what the heck the person was talking about.

I read the article posted earlier about the members not showing up to the ceremony and I can respect their decision (just as another company did a few years ago - last year? - can't remember, I only heard about it). I'm just really curious to know that had they been there, would any of them have won? I know we'll never know and I should just let it go, but I've been oblivious to the whole Mnet/CJ Music/whatever thing. It just really upsets me how an exciting event can turn into such a controversial, group/fan bashing fighting saga. I would've really loved to see Minwoo (well all of them) perform, but now I feel Mnet snatched it away from me. (Well, I'll always have my LiveWorks DVD) :D

Reading your comments and info really re-affirmed how much I love Shinhwa and the mature fans you all are. I feel bad now, and hope this doesn't discourage the guys. I'll have them know that no matter what I am always a Shinhwa fan! I seriously can not wait until their comeback (but am dreading the whole army thing).

GOOD JOB for Shinhwa standing up AGAIN for what they believe in!

LOL! Yes it was the "KING" comment that really irritated me and I was VERY tempted to reply but controlled myself. I didn't understand why she was comparing DBSK w/ Shinhwa this year. Her comment really confused me...

^ Haha, mommie Alice ~

It's the 'king' comment, isn't it. I actually went back in there for gackt, and I thought I was doing pretty good for not 'commenting' on the comments, but my eyes just HAD to land on that one comment. Just sucked in like i was in a tornado. I didn't mind the whole, who should win thingy, but I thought that particular one about shinhwa was unnecessary. I'm surprised that wannie hasn't commented on this yet, but he's probably busy with his b-day party :)

Guest miss':bella

I was just at the MKMF Thread and boy was incredibly furious after reading some of the nasty comments!

My gosh. The comments are seriously overboard and made no sense whatsoever.

All I saw was complete stupidity and foolishness.

I respect Shinhwa's decision a lot. I think all their members have been in the industry long enough now they don't care too much about these awards, which proves nothing whether you win or not (it's just a show). They've been there before and now they just want to make more good music to their fans.

Guest IATEYOU

whatever shinhwa does, i support them!

I LOVE SHINHWA. FTW!!!!! <3333

actually, im watching angel mv right now. so sad T__T

the end is kinda funny though....

I LOVE SHINHWA!

^edward's comment. I agree. a lot of these

awards earn the artists who win them respect right?

but everyone already respects Shinhwa. especially for

their adversity and perseverance. So these awards really

don't matter very much to them. like someone said,

they just want to make good music, because they

love music and their fans.

I love Shinhwa more than ever now.

idk, I'm proud of them for finally standing up

for themselves. I can totally understand..

but! something big must have happened for

minwoo to cancel last minute. because he

was going to go! he even went to the rehearsals.

I'm curious now.

Guest angel2nyt

I respect Shinhwa's decision a lot. I think all their members have been in the industry long enough now they don't care too much about these awards, which proves nothing whether you win or not (it's just a show). They've been there before and now they just want to make more good music to their fans.

i agree with you..

i remembered their comment when they won the daesang.. i think it was eric who said it. that they didnt really want to win the daesang, but it was the fans who wanted them to win, that's why they wanted to win even just one for the fans

all they ever wanted was to please people with their music, and theyre doing a great job

Guest picklypickly

I'm bummed that the boys didn't get to represent at the awards. On the one hand, I commend them for standing up for what they believe in and making a stand against what they perceive as an injustice. But as a fan, I'm sad I didn't get to see them dress up, perform, etc.

I do have some questions tho and I dunno if this is the right place to ask, but here goes. iunno, there's a lotta rumors flying around and I'm just trying to understand the situation. So I've heard Hyesung was never confirmed to go and this is strange to me because he was leading the polls for best male. What would his reasoning be for not going unless he really believed that they system was flawed and he never had a fair chance? And can someone tell me what company Seung Gi is under? (just curious). I've read Minwoo's justifications, but could anyone post Hyesung's? I heard at the final thing, he wasn't even considered a candidate?

In which case, if the system is flawed and Hyesung knew this beforehand and never intended to attend, why did Minwoo pull out so late? Shouldn't he have been aware of all of it before hand? Something must have really gone badly for him to decide that it wasn't worth it and quite frankly leave JYP hanging. And, in terms of the judging process, someone in the MKMF thread posted this. It details everything in terms of judging, music charts, etc.

img_24.gif

And it lists exactly what comprises the combined digital charts or whatever. Iunno, all of this just doesn't make sense to me. Minwoo is first and foremost a performer. He loves being on stage so I don't understand what would make him leave if he didn't really care about the awards...

I feel like the better statement would've been to perform, blow them out of the water with it. Not win the individual awards so that everyone could witness the injustice and then when the Overseas award was announced, go up there, thank the fans for everything, but then refuse to accept it citing their discontent with the whole award process and then walk away. Leave if you want to. That way, I get my fix of seeing them AND they get to voice their opinion.

Iunno, the whole thing makes me sad, because I love the boys to death. I support their decision. It's just I'm reading other artist's threads and they get to celebrate wins, ooh and ahh over performances, wardrobe, etc. and I feel robbed. Cause we should be celebrating the Overseas award right? but the whole thing feels so tainted now...

But at the end of the day, I agree. Shinhwa is so far beyond awards now. Their lives and career in this industry is plenty of reward enough for them. Their accomplishments speak for themselves and they don't need trophies to attest for their talents, dedication, passion, hard work, etc. etc. And awards or lack of don't really change how we feel about them or make us more or less of fans. So whatever... dust off the shoulder.

Let's look forward huh guys? We have Dongwan's fanmeeting/birthday party, the Winter album and the 9th album all coming in the near future.

So how bout some pictures?

groupcl9.jpg

group1cg2.jpg

group10ql2.jpggroup4bm8.jpg

shinhwaki1.jpg

This is my first attempt at vectoring so it's not great. I was just doin it for fun and wasn't planning on sharing, but what they hey. So I vectored Sungdy in the front and then just blurred the background.

sungdywr2.jpgsungdyloveyv4.jpg

okay i'm done being pissed.. i think.. my whole morning i was in a bad mood cos i couldn't see them -_-

anyways, after reading comments since my last post, i guess you guys are right.. they don't need any award to show how good and respected they are.. but last night, i was really really wishing to catch a glimpse of any member at all [i was watching half of the red carpet and i didn't see any of them.. and i thought they've already gone in and i missed them.. so i waited through the whole award ceremony and was so excited when they got to the overseas award cos i know for sure that shinhwa had won it, but none of them got onto the stage to receive the award and smoke was just bellowing from the top of my head] and i was only watching at home.. can you imagine the disappointment of the fans who had been there, waiting for over 4 hours for nothing at all? i feel sorry for them.. i hope they're all feeling alright..

the official message from the open world entertainment kinda amused me.. what has jyp performance had to do with anything? was minwoo supposed to perform with him or something? and i thought hyesung was gonna come.. i remember reading from somewhere that he had planned to leave at 5 pm [whereever he was] but cancelled at the last minute as well O_o? i don't understand the whole mess.. or am i just retarded?

i didn't see the "king" comment.. i guess that's a good thing.. i'm sorry i'm still incoherent -_-

Guest catch22

I read this thread in detail almost every day, but almost never get the time to post (or feel like I couldn't add more to the already expressed thoughts!). Anyway, being devoted to Shinhwa largely for their personalities and work ethic, and devotion to their fans, more than their music, I was upset initially when they didn't show up. Even now, I'm a little disappointed but more concerned. As OpenWorld stated, it was the company's decision and not M's, but I'm concerned that among this it will be the artist that could get any backlash from a powerful company. Am just going to repost what I posted in Shinhwa biz earlier today:

hm...Like Openworld says, I believe M is truly a professional who loves his music foremost...any artist who leaves the security of a successful band for his own creative happiness loves his craft more. I think there's something greater behind the reason for canceling--more than not winning the award in an unfair awards show. Award shows are universally rigged, and their are always politics and unfairness, and I think everyone in the business is aware. But to antagonize MNet and the powerful CJ media, there must have been a bigger reason, I'm sure. Like other people have said, the Shinhwa members have gone through a lot of unfairness to rebel suddenly now (atleast in my opinion). But I also don't believe it was a heat-of-the-moment, unwise decision. I think there is other information that we do not know about (and might know about) which led to Lee Minwoo opting out. I really think he realizes that above all his fans are what lead to his success, and so if he does not show up as promised, he's going to hurt his fans. So there must have been additional issues that added up to them making this decision.

And from what it seems regarding Dongwan...he didn't recieve the invitation in enough time, and Hyesung never said he would be able to attend. So I think the main issue here is M's absence, and maybe he will clarify that further?? I hope he says something about it himself.

I do agree that Openworld's letter is a little too direct and accusatory, it really could inflame the fan clubs and create antagonism between the companies, I'm concerned because these are big companies, and it is never good business (it might be good ethics-wise, but not business-wise) to call them out for a fight. I hope that some kind of diplomacy comes up and smooths things over, I'd hate for things to get more unfair for such a talented artist like M!

----

After posting this, I thought of how I would have reacted if I was in their shoes, and honestly, irregardless of the risk of being labeled unprofessional or hurting the fans, I'd do the same. I know what it feels like to being looked over, for political reasons, for important honors, accolades that rightfully should be yours. As must as I love what I do, it still aches, and its unfair. So essentially, at a personal level, I completely respect them for what they did. But at another level I'm just concerned for them.

Have Hyesung and Minwoo personally come out with anything to say on the subject? I haven't read anything yet...

Have to again state that the Shinhwa Changjo are terrific. One of the reasons I love Shinhwa is because the Shinhwa Changjo are such an admirable, devoted, and organized fan group, and I'm glad they handled this maturely and reasonably, but were still fiercely protective of Shinhwa. I think the Changjo are a healthy fan club: they are terribly loyal, but they accept the flaws or problems when they arise, and I think thats what love/admiration should be like. Shinhwa and Shinhwa Changjo hwaiting!

Oh, and I'm glad they decided to go to Jung Sun-hee's wedding instead ;) If anything, that was probably much more pleasant and fun...and I absolutely love her. She's such a natural, capable comedian-host who doesn't overdo it or underdo it! Its good that they went out to wish her a happy married life :) :)

Hi, sorry, I don't really follow Shinhwa fandom although I'm a fan of Minwoo, but I just dropped into say a few things.

First of all, I really respect Shinhwa fans for staying so mature and understanding of what's going on, even with the younger fans bashing the group in the MKMF thread and elsewhere. You guys really are the best =).

Second, tons of stars have boycotted these award shows in the past, but for Shinhwa members to be so open about the unfairness of the awards..that takes guts. I'm glad they value their music more than any award, and will stand up for their pride - their pride for being part of a legendary boyband (along with HOT). They don't need an award to know that their music pwns.

I just gained a ton of respect for both Shinhwa and their fans =).

Btw I lol-ed when I saw pics of them and FTTS show up at the wedding. That's awesome on many levels XD

Thanks for the pictures of Dongwan and Minwoo @ the wedding! =)

First off, congratulations to Shinhwa for winning the overseas award! I'm glad they were able to win it, even though they weren't there to accept it.

I've read rude comments about Shinhwa being a no show as well (didn't deserve it etc), and it pissed me off but I kept it civil in my comments. (I tried to. Some of them are SO immature & whining.) But anyway, I support in what they did & am glad they stood up for themselves. Even though I was sad that they didn't go to accept the award.. I understand their reasons so I won't push further to question. But what's annoying to know is that they played Once in a life time when that wasn't even the song they won for. =/

Anyway, so Eric and Dongwan are going together to the army? Well, I was hoping they all go at the same time. lol. But 2 together is better than 1 just going.

I just got done watching the Hidden camera show~ It was really funny! It's cute how Dongwan was pulling the prank of purposing to the announcer with Hyesung and Minwoo there. I cant believe the other members didn't show. LOL Eric can't come because his sister came from the states? Whatta dork, you can spare a few hours to visit Dongwan. Junjin is always in China, and Andy is too busy from his musical life. But anyway, it was great to see Minwoo and Hyesung's reactions. Minwoo looked lonely though, and a bit sad. And irritated when Dongwan and the announcer was being all mushy. haha! Hyesung's reactions were really funny, he kept thinking it was a hidden cam (Which he was right of course) and kept bursting out laughing. What's even funnier is that he thought Minwoo was in on the whole hidden cam thing! And Minwoo kept giving advice while not realizing that it might be fake. It just shows how loyal and how much trust he has in a person whilst Hyesung questions everything. LOL It's sad that they left though, because I wanted to see their reactions or thoughts on the whole fake purposing thing. Thanks to the subbers for subbing it~!!!

Archived