[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

Guest ryuxeen

guys... everyone going argue about mkmf award on mkmf thread...

hurm... its all about shinhwa not deserve to get overseas award...

well.. its depend on the vote rite????

they might jealous shinhwa won the award

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest XJShinoda

I wasn't watching the award show, but i was in Shinhwa forum to get updated on the award show.

Everything was so confusing, i don't know how to explain. -.-'

First, Hye Sung and Min Woo were suppose to be attending the show, and Min Woo was planned for a performance. Suddenly, it was cancelled. And it was just about an hour and a half before the award begins.

Second, Hye Sung supposed to be getting 4 awards and 2 awards for M. They were in the lead in the Internet poll... But it turned the other way round. Other runner-ups got the awards! Gosh... I can not believe that, even until now. Although Shinhwa had won the Overseas Viewer Choice award, but it's still fishy...

There are discussion about this unfair award show and someone is controlling behind. I don't know... But it just seems like people puppeting this all behind. =.=

11/17 [notice] Lee Minwoo OpenWorldEnt. Notice, Detailed Explanation/Reason behind MKMF

11/17 Open World Entertainment's Explanation

Date: 2007-11-17 PM9:11:00

Title: We Apologise to the Fans for the Cancellation of MKMF.

Hello. This is Open World Entertainment.

We are very apologetic to have given disappointment to all the fans in regards to the 2007 Mnet KM Music Festival. We ask for as much understanding as your support for M Lee Minwoo.

As released into the press by Open World Entertainment - the managers of Lee Minwoo's management - due to many aspects of the awards that we could not consent to, performance and appearances for the MKMF were cancelled.

The biggest reason behind the cancelled appearances at the 2007 MKMF was problems with fairness. Furthermore, we realised that we were being treated as simply supporting acts.

As all you fans would know, has Lee Minwoo ever worked in music for the purpose of winning awards? Lee Minwoo is not one that puts life or death on a single trophy but an artist that truly loves music.

If it was you, if the person you loved had their heart ache and hurt, what would you do?

Just as all you fans care for and love Lee Minwoo, so too does Open World Entertainment and our hearts cherish and want to protect him.

Going beyond the awards selection for this years MKMF, we felt there were no criteria or standards. Album sales, online & mobile voting, online recognition, online sales - we were lacking in none of these areas. It is not even known what music sites or standards make up a 'combined digital chart' ranking.

The largest site with the most online members and users, Soribada, had Lee Minwoo's 3rd album title song and follow-up single both stay on the top of Soribada charts for 3 months. Furthermore, Lee Minwoo was the first ever artist to have 2 songs from one album reach the top 10 at the same time.

On the other hand, Melon and Mnet.com have complete monopolies on the promotion of SK, Seoul Records and CJ Entertainment artists only. This factor we are sure you all will know well through the media and the internet. As a result, it is impossible to see any fairness in a chart that gives its own managed artists priority.

So which chart looks most accurate to you?

We do not deem who receives the awards important. However it was impossible not to question the criteria of judging, and till rehearsal day, MKMF failed to give an explanation to the nature of the judging process and so, even with Park Jin Youngs comeback stage imminent, we had no choice but to walk away.

After releasing his 3rd album, for almost 4 months, seeing Lee Minwoo staying up all night to create better stages, performances and music and working harder than ever before, it got to the stage where we were watching in pity.

We are not trying to be satisfied with a result. It is more that our pride has been hurt in the process of Lee Minwoo's neverending effort and challenges.

We feel very apologetic that we could not participate in a place to celebrate the hard work of a singer together with the fans.

Open World Entertainment will continue to work harder in order to help Lee Minwoo greet the fans with a greater self.

This decision to cancel the performance and appearance was more Open World Entertainments decision rather than Lee Minwoo's in order to protect and take responsibility over our artist, so please take this into consideration.

Once again we sincerely extend our apologies to the fans for this matter.

credits. ShinhwaChangjo.net + orenji728 (translation) + M Rising (source).

Guest flycrazily

awww. even they know how bias the results are. minwoo didn't win because he wasn't good enough for them. but hes was too good for them ^_^. its better to walk away before than get his heart hurt with the unfair results. i'll still love u minwoo :]

Guest apricot

I'm proud of both Minwoo and Hyesung. Once again they stood up against the whole LSM mess. I hate him..I just feel sad for both Minsyung. They must be feeling so disppointed right now. I'm glad they chose not to go the awards. It's better not to go rather than sitting through the whole award show feeling cheated.

Edit: Had to edit the post, someone pointed it out that I will get scolded by Edward(who is that btw??)..Sorry, I'm just mad..

Guest veraciously

I'm confused, even with the press release, and I doubt I'm the only one...

So ... the short story is that according to all logic both Minwoo and Hyesung should've won solo awards at this ceremony, but they didn't because the MKMF awards are biased towards the entertainment/record label companies who own MKMF awards? Is this correct? What were some of the artists favored (even though they shouldn't have won)?

Anyway, this really sucks for them and for us, but if the award ceremony really is corrupt, then I see why they wouldn't bother supporting it at all.

Yeah, everyone's disappointed with the results but so very proud of our boys!

This incident made me love Shinhwa more for having the moral courage to stand up to the large managements! I hope they'd be alright, and that they won't be hurt by the managements in any way! Am so proud of the boys for having their own backbone!!

Gonna support them for LIFE!

Guest anne&top

so, is it that the results from the polls and the outcome of results doesnt tally?

cause im shocked they won only one award too.

ahh, cant trust mnet these days. -_-

edit:

im surprised because Dongwan and Hyesung's songs and albums were well received.

Minu's too.

Guest loving_D

^^actually i'm grateful that they even won one award. their "promotion" album was supposed to be winter story 2006-2007. and they didn't even promote "pretty". dbsk didn't even win any awards, so im glad that shinhwa had this overseas choice award to snag.

but im very disappointed with the mkmf awards this year. i was last year, and even more this year...i think everyone knows why... <_<

I don't understand how Lee Soo man ties into all of this. I mean yes, there are many rumors about him and his "underhanded" deeds but no where in the article does it say SM entertainment. It simply mentioned SK, Seoul Records and CJ Entertainment. Or did I misunderstand something?

EDIT:

Oh, crystalis thanks for the explanation (:

Hehe. But I guess we won't ever know for sure.

they can't be too implicit...but all knows...

I don't understand how Lee Soo man ties into all of this. I mean yes, there are many rumors about him and his "underhanded" deeds but no where in the article does it say SM entertainment. It simply mentioned SK, Seoul Records and CJ Entertainment. Or did I misunderstand something?

^ Mnet is a music Channel owned and launced by CJ media. SM Entertainment is just a management company...records and producing are under CJ Media. If you look on the back of many SM artists' or other big company artists' albums, you will notice that there is usually a CJ media logo saying that the album was produced and distributed through CJ. In other words, the link between SM and CJ is that many of SM artists (if not all, I'm not too clear on this) are under CJ media...so SM profits are also CJ media profits... In addition, MKMF is organized by mnet...and when you put two and two together, you get a lot of rumours about underhandedness...

I guess open is not happy how they are not disclosing where records and rankings for the awards are coming from...since, depending on which chart is looked at, results can be very biased...as melon and seoul records also has links to CJ music. I guess they're saying since MKMF is held by a since big entertainment company, little companies like Open really has no chance against the bigger artists under the very company who organized the awards in the first place.

There is an article about shinhwa uniting to not accept the award, but knowing the boys, I doubt the other members are even aware they received an award if wannie who had solo activities got his invitation to the ceremony so late. Plus, dongwan said he wasn't going in the first place...sungie announced he never said he was going. Ppl just stirring up news. As for minu, he even went throught the trouble of rehearsing...so he fully intended on going...the question is...what happened? He doesn't seem like the rash type and we know how much he hates disappointing his fans. Members pulled through years of being the underdog...for this to happen now must mean something more than just pettiness at not getting an award.

Nevermind the controversy with the awards, I just hope things will be okay since CJ Media is a big company to richard simmons off. After all, a lot of previous solo works of minsyung and shinhwa had to do with CJ (8th album was CJ too if I remember correctly)...I guess the fact that none of the recent shinhwa member solos have been distributed through CJ means relations have been deteriorating for awhile now and is exploding just now?

well, in my openion...altho we are not sure that the award ceremony is fair or not (which i dont think it is) i still think that they should attend the award (even if they didnt win/won) coz at least they should thankful to the oversee fans who voted for like like crazy and accept the award...and to attend the award ceremony, its can also mean that even if the didnt win the award but as professional artist whic they are nominee in the award, they are thankful to the fans and show that they have enough populality and alibity to win the award but just that they award itself is not fiar...something like that

and to make them not so disappoint, is how the fans act is what's matter to them, i think

Ps...to some extent that made they didnt attend must be that something really going on (wrong) so

anyway i'll root for them no matter what

1. hyesung never said he was going to go

2. minwoo was going to...but one of the mnet staff told him he wasn't even on as a candidate

3. hyesung was winning the popularity poll with dong wan and suju following behind him. suju won in the end (could the results have changed after they realized hyesung wasnt coming? or was hyesung never going to win to begin with?)

those are what i read on naver...but naver's biased in its own way too...so i dont know. i guess it's better to hear from the boys themselves, like minwoo's up there.

Been reading all the comments on the award thread and it's been really interesting morning.

Glad to see that Shinhwa fans are being very "adult" about it and not making any "immature" comments and I hope Shinhwa fans continue being "adult" about it. (However, one person did make me mad and was ALMOST tempted to comment but doing good controlling myself. Amy and couple other alrady responded to that person so I'll just stay out of it. LOL!)

Can't wait for their Winterstory album!

^ Haha, mommie Alice ~

It's the 'king' comment, isn't it. I actually went back in there for gackt, and I thought I was doing pretty good for not 'commenting' on the comments, but my eyes just HAD to land on that one comment. Just sucked in like i was in a tornado. I didn't mind the whole, who should win thingy, but I thought that particular one about shinhwa was unnecessary. I'm surprised that wannie hasn't commented on this yet, but he's probably busy with his b-day party :)

Such a pity, since MKMF's awards have the best stages and they usually set our boys to work on them. I feel sorry for SUJU though...of all the new bands, I think they remind me of Shinhwa's earlier years the most.

I am glad things aren't just swept under the carpet this year though.

If mnet loses shinhwa as a group on this, they might lose a lot of revenue at those mcountdown in japan concerts...

Archived