[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

richard simmons, now I feel like flying over to watch their concert. T_T This sounds sooooo good~ The korea one would be better I guess but hearing this just makes me miss them all over again.. Shinhwa, please come to other areas too, we miss you too a lot here in Singapore~

One thing I love about Shinhwa fans, they are much more mature-thinking than the other fans. Some will differ I guess but most of the fans are rational thinking girls. Like me, for instance..haha.

Warned for going around the swear filter.

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventhough I vote for Shinwa everyday and want them to win.....to me in reality, whether Shinhwa or DBSK wins, we'll never know who is the TRUE WINNER.

Like us Shinhwa fans, I'm sure DBSK fans are also making multiple IDs to vote more than once. How is this a TRUE voting? If there was a way that ONLY ONE VOTE per person then to me is a true winner. I don't think there will always be FAIR voting.... but as you mentioned, it'll be nice for Shinhwa to win before they go to the army.

Dun know why, but after reading your posts, I feel like the arirang poll is not important with me anymore... Cuz it's not like i would stop luving them if they lost.... Or it's not like they wouldnt be a legend anymore if they are not gonna win this year...

mommie alice - i think we touched upon that last year too, the fairness of the poll.. i guess that's why arirang is stopping the registration till the poll is done, so at least people aren't registering just to vote.. thank goodness i already had mine since a year ago =P well, it's never gonna be fair.. even if it's a poll of popularity award, it's just a matter of whose fans are more tech savvy.. it doesn't really reflect anything O_o" so it's kinda weird to see people voting like it's the last thing that they're gonna do before they die.. of course to a certain extent, we want shinhwa to win, but your life, or even shinhwa's life, doesn't depend on it, so people [i'm not naming names, i'm just saying in general] chill~~ it's good we're supporting shinhwa but even if they lose in this poll, we already showed our support to shinhwa.. and when they win, it's even better.. am i contradicting myself? hahaha i think i am.. what i mean is, if shinhwa loses, we'll just accept it gracefully.. we've done our part.. and if they win, don't go around gloating that we're better than everyone else.. we win, and that's good.. it means we've given shinhwa something, even though they might not know us.. right?

ahshi - i think.. somebody posted the schedule awhile ago [i remember seeing it in this thread] maybe you can backlog a bit [although i don't know how far back it is O_o] or maybe wait for someone to repost the info in awhile? i don't think ticket booking is open yet right?

i hate to break the flow of this thread, but i just have a quick question.. does anybody know if any of the manwon episodes done by any of the shinhwa members is translated and floating around somewhere? cos i recently introduced my friend to manwon and she wanted to see the shinhwa members' episodes [especially junjin and dongwan] but i don't see any translated versions in youtube.. so maybe somewhere else?

Guest musicluvrgurl14

Dude I found out that Shinhwa is beating DBSK for the overseas award??

Its not false is it?!

Kuz its totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always knew there was more Shinhwa fans overseas than DBSK cud ever have!!!!!!!!!!!

:DShinhwa pride n love forever!!! :D

I absolutely wub dem!! :wub:

i think this forum has to be my favorite on soompi (=

i love shinhwa with such a strong passion, i dont know how to explain it anymore.

my friends think my sister and i are out of our minds, but we know they're just jealous :P

jk. but STILL. shinhwa means so much to me, their friendship, love, and relationship.

my favorite is minwoo, then eric. i have them in order, even though its hard for me to do so because i love them all differently!

they're all so perfect<3 i fell in love immediately after i saw them together. they're such an inspiration!

i was reading some of the recent entries here about shinhwa's fans and dbsk's rising popularity, etc.

since they debuted back in 1998, its reasonable for their fans to be older. but i only turned 16 a month ago =) and perfer shinhwa over any other korean boyband! yeah i also like superjunior, fly to the sky, big bang, and recently a little dbsk, but my love for them is nothing compared to how much i adore shinhwa! its indescribable.

im writing this when i should be studying :P i just had to rant to people who understand how i feel :) bye!

Guest sunnydays.

Like everyone mentioned alot of fans have grown older and now have their own careers so cannot be active as much as they would like.It was funny that Minwoo made comment in Park Kyunglim's Wonderful Outing (I think it was this show) that at fan signing, sometimes he is surprised when he looks up to give autograph. He is saying because fans have grown older together with them, he is surprised to see "older" fans at autograph signings. And of course he made jokingly comment that he is also "interested"! LOL!

Aww, haha, that's so cute. (: But yeah, definitely true. More of Shinhwa's fans are older... a lot of my friends' younger sisters & their friends, I know most of them are all for Super Junior, DSBK, those younger groups... & my friends are like, "SHINHWA?!" XD; Even though i'm not THAT old... :P

But I like the fact that Shinhwa fans are older, more mature. (: I think that older fans tend to stick with an artist for life... younger people are quite fickle with their obsessions. XD;

and this is my promise.. even though later in the future, when shinhwa members have their own families and i have my own family to take care of, when i'm so busy that i can't watch my daily dose of shinhwa videos anymore, when their music style changes and my music preference changes, when i don't even listen to music anymore, i will still buy their group and solo albums.. that's my only way of giving back to them for showing me how beautiful friendship is..

Hi Kriza!<3

Me too. (: I want to promise that, too. I always think, what will happen in 20 years, when I have my own family & I'm so much more grown-up? Will I still like Shinhwa & follow them? And I really want to. Because... well, Shinhwa seems so different from the other boybands. It's not just a gig to them, it's their LIFE. They'll be with it forever. It's not just something they did when they were young -- I think this is what helps fans grow and age WITH them. (am I even making sense here? LOL) & I really do believe that they'll stick with it even when they have their own families & children & grandchildren, just like what they say. (: & i wanna stick with them too.

I wonder if my husband will get weirded out by it. LOL. Like Mommy Alice's husband! haha~ It's okay~~

i hate to break the flow of this thread, but i just have a quick question.. does anybody know if any of the manwon episodes done by any of the shinhwa members is translated and floating around somewhere? cos i recently introduced my friend to manwon and she wanted to see the shinhwa members' episodes [especially junjin and dongwan] but i don't see any translated versions in youtube.. so maybe somewhere else?

Hey Nat (:

There are SOME cuts of Minwoo's Manwon... I think you can find them at the ShinhwaGlish --

http://shinhwaglish.blogspot.com/2007/11/4...-talkshows.html.

& also, there's the Manwon Happiness with Dongwan in it that Krizza uploaded, but it's only part 1... not sure if part 2 is uploaded anywhere yet, but I remember, how I watched part 2 was I watched the raw video & just read translations while I watched. XD; But the first part is here:

http://clubbox.co.kr/shinhwasarang

Hope that's okay. (: Sorry if it wasn't much help >__<

I think my husband just gave up! LOL! Either he leaves me alone or he'll have a VERY GRUMPY wife!

Just saw clip of Minwoo and Hyesung duet performance at Hyesung's last night concert.

The song translates to "Feeling You Only 너만을 느끼며"?....I heard members singing this before,,,where did I hear this before? I really like it.

I wonder if my husband will get weirded out by it. LOL. Like Mommy Alice's husband! haha~ It's okay~~

I think my husband just gave up! LOL! Either he leaves me alone or he'll have a VERY GRUMPY wife!

Just saw clip of Minwoo and Hyesung duet performance at Hyesung's last night concert.

The song translates to "Feeling You Only 너만을 느끼며"?....I heard members singing this before,,,where did I hear this before? I really like it.

Hyesung and Junjin also performed this song together as their group "The Birds" during hyesung's concert in august :)

haha, both performances were so cute!

Guest lover4korean

Haha... No matter what... I will still want SHINHWA to be able to win the Overseas Viewer Award... At least, I want them to see that there are many people that really love to listen to their songs... And hopefully, they will be able to sing together forever... Haha... SHINHWA HWAITING!!! Don't Stop Voting!!!

Guest robotic

Once a Shinhwa fan, always a Shinhwa fan.

It's great to know that this thread is still going strong despite scarce group activities this year (so far anyways).

I adore the tenacity of the boys; each an hardworking individual in their own realms of acting, singing, composing, choreographing, mc-ing.. and together they create a synergy so unique and lovable. What's not to like?

Onto another note, it's awesome that Shinhwa is leading the MKMF overseas viewer award poll, though I wonder if the officials will repeat what they did last year; cuting back what they call 'dud' votes and completely turning the tables on poll numbers.

Oh well, I'm happy nevertheless that Shinhwa has reaped such strong support so far.

As long as Shinhwa fans exist, Shinhwa will always be winners.

So what are we expecting in the near future? Could someone fill me in on the exact dates.

December:

- Shinhwa winter single/album(?)

- China and Japan concerts

January:

- Shinhwa 9th album <- confirmed?

Also have army enrolment dates been released yet? *shivers*

Haha - that minsung performance was too cute with Minwoo slapping Hyesung on the butt. XD

I find it has a aura about it that so typifies the minsung relationship, differentiating itself from the jinsung 'the birds' performance..

It might just be that there's a lot of testosterone flying around T____T

Jinsung 'the birds': http://youtube.com/watch?v=__hGIVx5MJ0

Minsung: http://youtube.com/watch?v=43lTfKbGLZs

Guest noona13

[07.11.13][news] Shinhwa will hold their last concert in March 08 before enlistment

The longest-running Korean pop group Shinhwa will begin their Asian tour in December. Shinhwa, who released their 8th album and completed their Asian tour last year, will be releasing their single album "Winter Story 2007" on 6th December. In addition they will also be kicking off yet another Asian tour in Nagoya, after which they'll be having concerts in Saitama from 8th and 9th December and in Shanghai on 15th December.

Shinhwa's management agency GoodEMG ended Shinhwa's 8th album Asian tour in September 2006 with "Shinhwa, 2006 Japan Tour Inspiration #1 In Osaka". This will be the next tour activity for Shinhwa after a 15 month hiatus. At the concert they will also be showcasing all the songs on the Winter Story album.

After this, Shinhwa will be releasing their 9th album to commemorate their 10th anniversary, and will also be holding a concert in Seoul. GoodEMG's Park Kwon Young said, "Shinhwa is the only group to not have any member changed and with all members having their own successful solo careers. The 10th anniversary is especially meaningful for them, thus Shinhwa will be holding an event for all the Asian fans who have supported and loved them since their debut."

He also said, "Next year, some of the members will be enlisting for the army, and thus whether it's to the members themselves or the fans, 2008 will be an unforgettable year.

Source: newsen&oceans

Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina

Eng trans: midnightgirl13 @shinhwa.biz

Guest lover4korean

Gosh... Seems like next year is coming very quickly... Haha... Still, I hope that I am able to go to their concert next year!! ONCE A SHINHWA FAN, ALWAYS A SHINHWA FAN! SHINHWA HWAITING!!

Guest robotic

[07.11.13][news] Shinhwa will hold their last concert in March 08 before enlistment

*sniffles*

We've only got about 4 months left of Shinhwa group activities; Dec '07 - March '08.

I'm thinking of going into hibernation once they enlist =(

Q. Which members are enlisting?

If only they can go altogether so they won't feel lonely..

IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO VISIT KOREA IN MARCH! UNLESS IT'S DURING MY SCHOOL HOLS. EVEN THEN, NEXT YEAR WOULD BE A VERY IMPORTANT YEAR FOR ME FOR I'D BE TAKING MY MAJOR EXAMINATIONS. BUT I WANT TO GO FOR JUST ONE SHINHWA CONCERT!! :(

robotic, if i'm not wrong, all except hyesung will be going. hyesung has knee injury so he's excused!

though they all woould be on hiatus for so long, i promise, i'd still be here and will support them always!

[07.11.13] Shinhwa to Reunite Next Month

071113p17shinwhaql5.jpg

Longest-running all-boy group in Korea, Shinhwa members reunite for concerts next month.

By Cathy Rose A. Garcia

Staff Reporter

K-pop's longest running male group Shinhwa will reunite in December, with a new single and concerts in Japan and China. Fans are eagerly awaiting the group's comeback, especially since it will celebrate its 10th anniversary in March.

According to their management agency, Shinhwa's new single ``Winter Story 2007'' will be released on Dec. 6. This is their first single since they released ``Winter Story 2006-2007'' last January.

The six-member group will hold a concert in Nagoya, Japan also on Dec. 6, to be followed by two concerts on Dec.8 and 9 at Saitama Super Arena in Tokyo. Shinhwa will travel to Shanghai, China for another concert on Dec. 15. .

Shinhwa will resume their group activities starting December, and prepare for their upcoming ninth album.

071113p17s1wc3.jpg

The group's six members have been concentrating on solo projects since their last concert in Seoul in May 2006. Kim Dong-wan, Lee Min-woo and Shin Hye-sung have all released solo albums last summer, while Jun Jin released a single earlier this year. Andy appeared in a stage musical ``Music in My Heart,'' while Eric had earlier filmed a drama ``Que Sera Sera.''

Shinhwa recently released a DVD compilation of their music videos from 2003 to 2007, plus behind-the-scenes footage. It includes their videos of their hit songs ``Brand New,'' ``Angel'' and ``Once in a Lifetime,'' as well as solo music videos from Lee, Shin and Jun Jin.

Meanwhile, Shin marked the end of his solo activities, with a concert attended by 5,000 fans at the Korea University Hwajeong Stadium, Sunday evening.

Shin opened the show with ``Island'' from his second album ``The Beginning, New Days.''

Known as a ballad singer, he did not disappoint his fans with performances of ``First One,'' ``Same Thoughts'' and an a cappella version of ``It's So Hard to Say.''

Fellow Shinhwa member Lee, also known as M, appeared to perform two songs with Shin. They had earlier collaborated on the song ``Ocean Blue,'' a theme song for the drama ``Let's Go to the Beach.'' Lee nearly stole the show, when he performed his single ``M Style,'' which had the crowd on their feet.

To the delight of his fans, Shin gamely danced with Wonder Girls when they performed their hit song ``Tell Me.'' He also showed he can do rock music, when he sang Psy's ``Champion.''

cathy@koreatimes.co.kr

credits: korea times.co.kr + saharial @ shinhwa.biz/forums

Guest robotic

robotic, if i'm not wrong, all except hyesung will be going. hyesung has knee injury so he's excused!

though they all woould be on hiatus for so long, i promise, i'd still be here and will support them always!

all members minus hyesung are going next year? or is enrolment done by age?

meaning > 2 years wait for shinhwa regrouping..

just curious - how did hyesung get his knee injury in the first place?

^^

i believe there's a proper age thingy.. but because of their activities these few years, their management companies helped them delayed it. so, after all these delay, they made it into the same year.. so i believe it'd be 2 years only! nt more i hopee!

hyesung hurt his knee in the guerilla concert i believe.. it was rather bad..they stopped the concert then.

correct me if i'm wrong anyone! :D

Guest kriza_09

i think he had hurt his knee even before the guerilla concert... like an old injury.. probably from taekwondo practice.. it wasn't that serious, i guess.. but you know, old injury never heals completely.. and then it got hurt again during the guerilla concert.. and this 2nd time was really serious.. he got to get surgery.. and it just got worse after that.. always hurt everytime he puts too much burden on his knee.. like during shinhwa 2nd concert rehearsal, during MV Angel filming, during photoshoot in japan when they were playing basketball.. that's why he got exempted from the m*l*t*ry s*rv*c*..

anyway, even though i really wish they didn't have to go the *rmy, i'm proud that they're going... even though i'm definitely going to miss them so bad in the next 2 years, i'm proud to know they're not those celebs who have tried to avoid going to the *rmy because of 'fake' illness.. just read an article a few days ago about some taiwanese singers who actually do that (apparently you can buy medical statement from some doctors) and i got really emotional because of that.. well, lately i get emotional just from reading/hearing the word *rmy and m*l*t*ry s*rv*c*.. i just hope they're not pushing it too hard..

i mean, all of them have got injured before.. and some of them were serious (JINNIE!!! ㅠㅠ) who knows if they haven't completely healed yet.. coz i think sometimes our boys get hard-headed and push it too hard just to avoid suspicions * glance at the blood-type B eric n jinnie*

Though it probably was not intentional, I don't like the title: Shinhwa will hold their LAST concert in March 08 before enlistment. Though we all very-well know what they are trying to say, I just don't like hearing the word 'last'. It makes me sad; and it corrupts the meaning of Shinhwa, which means legend. And legends are forever, and their is no last or end to it. Maybe I'm just looking too much into the wording LOL But I would have prefered it if they just wrote: Shinhwa will hold a concert in March 08 before enlistment. (without the word 'last') Anyways, enough with my crazy talk. In a way, I wish it was already 2008 so that we can see them in concert having fun with each other and the fans. But in a way I don't because the members will be enlisting in the army. Though it is not a 'good-bye' but rather a 'See you soon' (not really soon since we are talking about 2 whole years! but you all understand what i mean right? hehehe ^^) it is just to hard. I'm getting all sad just thinking about it. Hope they will just stay healthy while they are in the army. Hmmm, now that I think about, if I'm lucky, maybe i'll get to see them when they are in the army LMAO Since my cousin in Korea has recently went into the army, when I go to visit him, maybe i'll get to see one of our Shinhwa boys LOL Though I doubt it, it never hurts to imagine it. *drools* hahaha, i just had another image in my head: the Shinhwa members in army uniform. Can you say hot?!?! LMAO Especially with their oh-so-hot bodies *blushes*

[07.11.13] Shinhwa to Reunite Next Month

I can't wait to see all six members all together. I hope they will promote alot this time. When they promoted for their 9th jib, they didn't promote that much. They mostly did concerts. But for those of us who are not as fortunate enough to go probably hope that we can at least see them in promotional shows alot. It is always a pleasure to see Shinhwa members together on a program. Hehehehe ^^ One more month until we can see all six members together again!!!! Shinhwa's upcoming single/album hwaiting!

And everyone, remember to vote! I just voted right now and Shinhwa is still in the lead! Yipee!

Shinhwa (51.1%)

DBSK (48.2 %)

And here's the link just in case you might not have it: http://www.arirang.co.kr/event/2007MKMF/vote.asp

Shinhwa hwaiting! :)

- Eunyoung

it'll be nice for Shinhwa to win before they go to the army.

i agree with mommie alice... though i also like dbsk, it would be a good parting gift for shinhwa to win this mnet poll before they enlist... we will have to wait two years before we can see them again after all...

thanks noona13 and aindy for the news... i guess my chances will be the one for china or wait for korea concert next year... i sure hope to be able to watch at least one of them!

Archived