[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

Guest angel2nyt

6/20 [news] Korea's Popular Gasoo Vietnam Perf

The cultural department and Korean Cultural Spreading Department will be holding a "Korea-Vietnam 15 Year Friends Anniversary Memorial, 2007 Kovina Friendship Concert" on 3rd July in Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City Stadium. "Kovina" is Korea's "Ko" and Vietnam's close expression "Vina" put together, and it helps the relationship between Korea and Vietnam, with a meaning of friendship.

This concert will have a total of 9 representative gasoos from Korea, and they are Kangta, Chae Yeon, Baek Ji Young, Shin Hyesung, Popin Hyun Joon, Paran, Seo Ji Young, Pyeon An Hal, and from Vietnam there are representative gasoos such as MyLinh, Lam Truong, and it is predicted that there will be about 6000 Ho Chi Minh citizens and immigrants from Korea. After this concert, Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh TV and Korea's SBS will replay the concert.

This activity not only celebrates the anniversary of the friendship of the two countires, and also uses music as a centre to expand the cultural exchange of the two countries. A day before the activity, 2nd July, the "Korea-Vietnam Cultural Enterprises Exchange" will be held in Ho Chi Minh Equatorial Hotel. This exchange session will be attended by Vietnam's music planning companies, entertainment companies and music groups, and also Ho Chi Minh City's about 100 related people, and also will discuss the programs for the cultural exchange of both countries.

Credits: Ocean's Six (source), 东升西落@bestshinhwa (cn translation), cognizantfire@angelicalharmony (eng translation), angelicalharmony, cognizantfire@shinhwachangjo, shinhwachangjo

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kiwistar

ahh I just heard the preview for DW's album x]

is it me, or has his voice gotten even MORE amazing. It makes me feel weak<3~~

I really love his hairstyle ^^

makes him look younger. hehe.

I still have to get used to the moustache, though =/

Out of the Shinhwa members, i think MW looked the best with a moustache :]

I can't wait for DW to perform and start promotions!! I love him for his goofy yet down to earth personality ^^

I've missed him x3....and all the members as well.

Minwoo and Hyesung as well!! I can't wait for their new albums!

Welcome back samshiku!! Thanks for the pics ^^

Mal, Wannie has side bangs! It's taking me a minute to get used to his new look complete with mustache...but I've decided that he's looks gorgeous and manly :wub:

picklypickly Eric pic spam!! He always looks so handsome ^^ and AHHA those picture compiled with the puppies are so adorable! The pics of Eric lying on the floor and eating the microphone cracked me up the most :lol: :lol: thanks for sharing them!

6/20 [news] Korea's Popular Gasoo Vietnam Perf

The cultural department and Korean Cultural Spreading Department will be holding a "Korea-Vietnam 15 Year Friends Anniversary Memorial, 2007 Kovina Friendship Concert" on 3rd July in Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City Stadium. "Kovina" is Korea's "Ko" and Vietnam's close expression "Vina" put together, and it helps the relationship between Korea and Vietnam, with a meaning of friendship.

You've got to be kidding me!! Just my luck - I was supposed to go to Vietnam this summer too but our trip got postponed till next summer! :tears: :tears: I hope I can watch it after its aired on SBS...*sigh*

On a cheerier note, I've been listening to DongWan's 3 songs on a loop ^^ I love Andy's rap in the 'I love Summer' song - its so carefree, smooth, and I don't know how to describe it...kinda reminds me of his raps in Shinhwa's 8th jib...I can just see him and Wannie just grinning away in this song :lol: and Wannie's 'Handkerchief' song really displays his vocal skills...it seems like a really sad song though.

Guest lenakeem

Welcome back samshiku!! Thanks for the pics ^^

Mal, Wannie has side bangs! It's taking me a minute to get used to his new look complete with mustache...but I've decided that he's looks gorgeous and manly :wub:

picklypickly Eric pic spam!! He always looks so handsome ^^ and AHHA those picture compiled with the puppies are so adorable! The pics of Eric lying on the floor and eating the microphone cracked me up the most :lol: :lol: thanks for sharing them!

You've got to be kidding me!! Just my luck - I was supposed to go to Vietnam this summer too but our trip got postponed till next summer! :tears: :tears: I hope I can watch it after its aired on SBS...*sigh*

On a cheerier note, I've been listening to DongWan's 3 songs on a loop ^^ I love Andy's rap in the 'I love Summer' song - its so carefree, smooth, and I don't know how to describe it...kinda reminds me of his raps in Shinhwa's 8th jib...I can just see him and Wannie just grinning away in this song :lol: and Wannie's 'Handkerchief' song really displays his vocal skills...it seems like a really sad song though.

whoaa 3 songs? i thought only one was out with the preview for the mv? :ph34r:

My heart is pumping really hard listening to his songs! My favorite is 'Handkerchief'

Basically the first part is saying:

"Taking out white folded handkerchief to wipe the tears off my girlfriend who is crying..

It's okay, lift your head....

Looking at your face trying so hard, I'm crying too...

Promise me that you won't meet the tear again...

Pinky promise (sound funny translated but that's basically what it is saying) sweet (nice) and pretty love...

Laugh...don't be sad anymore...

I'll protect one person with my love...

Sky will become blue like the sea (ocean)

Don't be sad anymore...

Star will go down and moon will leave...

Looking at tired you while you are sleeping..

I'm crying too, promise you won't meet the tear again.."

repeats after this

Just pre-ordered DW's album at annyoung.com. I usually get it within 1-2 days since they are so close by me. Can't wait! Counting days!

P.S. I also LOVE Andy's rapping. It's so mellow and sweet rapping. The only part about this song that I don't like is when he repeats the word "you you you" and "me me me"! LOL!

EDIT: I really should go to sleep but can't stop listening to DW's songs! Another song I'm really looking forward to is duet with Hyesung!

Guest lenakeem

My heart is pumping really hard listening to his songs! My favorite is 'Handkerchief'

Basically the first part is saying (sorry but some parts I didn't understand):

"Taking out white folded handkerchief to wipe the tears off my girlfriend who is crying..

It's okay, lift your head....

Looking at your sad face (I think, don't know the word) I'm crying too...

Promise me that you won't meet the tear again...

Pinky promise (sound funny translated but that's basically what it is saying) sweet (nice) and pretty love...

Laugh...don't be sad anymore...

I'll protect you with my love...

(something about sky....didn't quite understand)

Don't be sad anymore..."

Just pre-ordered DW's album at annyoung.com. I usually get it within 1-2 days since they are so close by me. Can't wait! Counting days!

P.S. I also LOVE Andy's rapping. It's so mellow and sweet rapping. The only part about this song that I don't like is when he repeats the word "you you you" and "me me me"! LOL!

EDIT: I really should go to sleep but can't stop listening to DW's songs! Another song I'm really looking forward to is duet with Hyesung!

slkfjs. am i missing something? favorite? is there a list to chose from?

i thought only one song was out. i wanna hear the rest!!

eeesh. now i feel all old. i feel like a mom, like ive been watching shinhwa like a mother and getting

all emotional about them growing up. tehehe.well now we have new videos to look and drool and spazz over!! yayy :)

christmas definitly came early pshh who needs santa when you can see wannie & minbong & sungie?

ahah. i think i have wannies song mostly memorized already o_O cause i just kept replaying it :ph34r:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/PRE...riesDVDSH46.jpg

this. is the true shinhwa we all know :) haha

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/PRE...riesDVDDW08.jpg

i couldnt resist posting this. look at wannie trying to seduce us with his shirt "accidentally" falling off

ROFL.

YEAH MAN...... THATS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE PICTURES

seductive, sassy and classy. oh damnnnnn.

Oh my... Dongwans songs...!!!

My sister and me agreed, that when we're in Korea, we'll team up to buy the shinhwa-stuff we want, but... already today we started to argue - who will buy dongwans solo album. I think in the end we will each buy one, because I definitely will buy it and she really loves dongwan. He and hyesung are her favorites - lucky summer for her! Ohh, I can't wait to listen to the other songs aswell! Especially the one Minwoo wrote and Eric is rapping to... and the duet with Hyesung of course~

And thank everyone for the picture spams! Oh my lovely eric!! :wub:

yes! both buy his album =)

whoaa 3 songs? i thought only one was out with the preview for the mv? :ph34r:

slkfjs. am i missing something? favorite? is there a list to chose from?

i thought only one song was out. i wanna hear the rest!!

poor helena, you're so confused. LOL.

i'll send u the preview of his 3 songs if i see you online (:

its available to download on Z-DEGREES and a few other forums

Guest lenakeem

ROFL.

YEAH MAN...... THATS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE PICTURES

seductive, sassy and classy. oh damnnnnn.

poor helena, you're so confused. LOL.

i'll send u the preview of his 3 songs if i see you online (:

its available to download on Z-DEGREES and a few other forums

pwhaha. mann i just realized how desperate i sounded :ph34r:

oh well. anything to hear wannies voice. thank you. your a life

saver. i probaly wouldnt of been able to sleep knowing there

was a song out there by dongwan that i havent heard yet lol.

edit---

omgg its downloading so slow.. its usually not this slow..it feels like

someone stabbed me and they're slowly dragging it across my heart

.. i need to calm down lol.

edit again.. ---

im listening to the song feat. MC MONG. and im already in love with it

i love the beat. i was like jumping up and down on my seat going along with

the song. ahah. its really.. refreshing ahah iono how to explain it.

i swear. last edit lol ---

im listening to the one feat. ANDY. and eeeh its so catchy. i was singing along

with it by the second verse the lyrics are quiet easy lol. was that supposed to

be a preview of the song? cause it was like all of it 4 minutes or so.

eeeh i know that his albums gonna be a success. because hes talented. his songs

are awesomly catchy. and im gonna buy all of his cds. i remember when way back

like a year ago i was joking around with someone i forgot who but i was saying if

dongwan made a solo i would buy all of his cds and MAYBE give out a few ahah

iono if it was in this thread or not :)

SO FRICKEN SUPER EXCITED.

okay LAST EDIT. i promise if i do another edit.. then.. .. sorry lol ---

i just realized my post was super spazztastic. but please understand

ive been waiting for this moment for like 9years haha. for all

attention to be directed towards wannies beautiful voice. also

hence my sn. crazy korean. i am.. a crazy korean. a korean

crazy for wannie. IM DONE BYEE

pstt. these songs make me feel all bubbly inside. haha.

ps. i think this is my longest post ive ever made ever since i started this thread...lol

Thanks for the quick translation mommie Alice! I just saw a translation over at SHCJ.net also! I totally know what you mean..I should be going to bed too...but I'm listening to Wannie's songs for the umpteenth time :lol: I should just put it into my ipod ^_^

crazy_korean I hope it finishes download for you quickly! I listened to the preview last night and was totally not expecting to find out today that there are full versions of the 3 songs at z-degrees...I wonder how they got them :ph34r:

Guest katelin_kim

it is not fair at all i am not gonna go back to Vietnam until next year and Minwoo and Hyesung are going to Vietnam this year?

Man! i gotta find a way to convince my mom to go back this year

i will buy around 20 tickets to give out to my friends, family members to support Shinhwa

Let see, banner, orange shirts, posters, Woa! i better save mre money if i can convinve my mom

I listened to the sample of Wannie's album aready. They are okay for now but i know i'll love them after the thirf time i listen LOL. The most songs that i anticipated are Mylove and the one he sings with hyesung.

The MV, i love his style of the outfit that has a tank top inside then a kinda "baggy" sweater outside, a scarf is also grea. I'll buy this outfit for my bro LOL

Did anyone know that Annyuong site ha s the pre order for Wannie's album and M's album yet? i'll buy them with posters this time.

Guest angelix

[07.06.22] [Diary] Andy - Humid Season~

Take Out With Proper Full Credits

6009045_20070622.jpg

It's the humid season ~~~ be careful of getting skin rash on your back!!!

However.. what was i concentrating on so hard and being happy?

Credits : http://shinhwa.biz/forums + angelix (Kor -> Eng Translations) + ndenter.co.kr (Source)

n.b Take Out With Full Proper Credits

Taken from this thread --> http://shinhwa.biz/forums/showthread.php?t=848

Guest xmkaex

asdflkjasl;dkjfasdjkgklds...

T______________________T

minwoo is gonna do a concert in vietnam?!?! and hyesung is going to do a performance too?!

man..... :(

my cousin is going to get married sometime in august/september this year and i wanted to go back to vietnam so bad. now knowing that minwoo's coming around that time, i really want to go.

..but NOOOO... i have to go to school around that time <_<

-tears-

K4Ice- let just hope minwoo or maybe even shinhwa can come back to vietnam next year ^^

----------

^_^ x35466541351231

im listening to dongwan's 3-song preview.

ahh i love it.

"Handkerchief"- when i first heard the song without understanding the meaning i thought it was a sweet song, now reading the translation i find it super sweet and touching. i love his voice in this, it's so smooth. haha wait his voice is always smooth xD

"Three Musketeers"- ft. McMong- haha like crazy_korean im loving the beat. haha my favorite so far of the three previews. i find myself smiling like crazy everytime the song comes up and nodding my head up and down too.

"Loving Summer"-ft.andy- i agree with you guys here, his rap is catchy..hehe "baby you and me meant to be...." lol im glad andy's helping dongwan out. xD

dongawn's gonna do great, i just know it.

listen to these songs, it gives me that feeling:

SHINHWA IS BACK THIS YEAR! OH YEAH~

even if it's just one member so far, we got minwoo and hyesung and the shinhwa 9th to look forward to. ahh so excited~

--

mommie Alice- can i ask you how much you bought dongwan's cd for [plus shipping and everything]..hehe im trying to compare prices :sweatingbullets:

picklypickly- the picture of shinhwa and the puppies were so cute and funny. they have the same face expressions as the puppies xD

Just listened to Wannie's song previews as well :)

Really love Handkerchief as well...wannie doing what he does best :D The song reminds of JJ Lin's Shakesphere's Talent (Sha shi bi de tian fen) for some reason though they're pretty different...maybe because the chords for the chorus are kind of similar.

MC Mong and Andy's collabs were very catchy ^^

Can't wait for the day I get my hands on the cd !

Now that i brought up jj, I can't help, but say...if Andy ever releases that solo album of his...I would imagine he'd look like jj when he sings lolz :) They look a bit alike, don't they? (

) And their ranges actually aren't that different vocally. Both of them are incredibly adorable. Andy, honestly, has such a beautiful and clear voice ^^ If he works hard, I'm sure he'll be awesome.

Guest nurkeyandie

:lol: i can't stand it anymore; i just can't lurk any longer! as i listen to dongwan's (and andy's) "i love summer," i can't help but declare my love for shinhwa!!!

hello, everyone! my name is andie. i'm as old as the hyungs of shinhwa (just days older than hyesung and dongwan) - practically an ahjumma! i live in so. california and i'm not korean. like many others, i was just totally caught by hallyu fever (mods/admin, i hope this isn't spamming; i swear this is about shinhwa!). :) this is my first ever post in soompi (i'm also practically a comp-mang - that's the term for computer dummy, right? - so i don't really join forums and such). i recently saw que sera sera and i was intrigued by eric so i did some research (a lot actually) and fell in love with shinhwa! they're just...unbelievable! i'm going through a difficult time in my life right now and watching shinhwa clips and reading up on them really help me cope. my family and friends always tease me about what they call my "korean obsession," saying that it's a complete waste of time, but what can i do, it's how i cope (if something non-destructive helps you get through your day, i say go for it, right?)! but really, i've learned a lot about myself and other people, thanks to my "korean obsession." i sooo admire shinhwa not just for their talent and good looks but for their great bond and love for each other - it's just so touching and inspiring. :D

it was because of eric that i first got interested in shinhwa, but now i can say that hyesung is my favorite. :blush: i love all of them actually and it's next to impossible to choose a favorite or rank them or whatever. if i had to choose my least favorite members, i'd say minwoo and eric (no offense, minwoo and eric fans - peace!). i say minwoo only because i keep thinking how he's only an inch taller than me but, really, truthfully, i think he's the shinhwa member who has the best stage presence/audience impact (he knows how to work the crowd); eric just coz he's too good-looking! :P recently, i saw a comment about shinhwa posted on a blog i usually check. basically, some guy said that the members of shinhwa don't really have talent; that they're a "manufactured" vocal group, way out of the league of artists who were "born" with talent. while i do believe everyone's entitled to an opinion, i completely disagree with his comment. even if shinhwa aren't the greatest singers in the world, i do think they've gotten better over the years (and they just keep getting better). and isn't their case more inspiring - they got to where they are right now because they kept working hard to improve themselves. that's actually why shinhwa uplifts my spirit - they're living proof that with hard work and sincerity, dreams can be achieved.

anyway, sorry for the long post and a ton of thanks to everyone in this thread (and soompi too!) because i'm completely at your mercy for news about shinhwa. thanks for all the news, pics, links, etc. and i hope everyone's having a great summer. :) shinhwa, fighting!

Guest yellowtulipx

Hey, I know this is random, but I'm desperately want to know the name of Eric's shop (or was it a restaurant?) If possible, could you give the URL as well? Because I had visited the site before, but somehow I've forgotten about it!

Thanx!

Guest angelix

Hey, I know this is random, but I'm desperately want to know the name of Eric's shop (or was it a restaurant?) If possible, could you give the URL as well? Because I had visited the site before, but somehow I've forgotten about it!

Thanx!

Eric's restaurant is Eric's O Market

Guest kassuma
Guest Krain5

:lol: i can't stand it anymore; i just can't lurk any longer! as i listen to dongwan's (and andy's) "i love summer," i can't help but declare my love for shinhwa!!!

hello, everyone! my name is andie. i'm as old as the hyungs of shinhwa (just days older than hyesung and dongwan) - practically an ahjumma! i live in so. california and i'm not korean. like many others, i was just totally caught by hallyu fever (mods/admin, i hope this isn't spamming; i swear this is about shinhwa!). :) this is my first ever post in soompi (i'm also practically a comp-mang - that's the term for computer dummy, right? - so i don't really join forums and such). i recently saw que sera sera and i was intrigued by eric so i did some research (a lot actually) and fell in love with shinhwa! they're just...unbelievable! i'm going through a difficult time in my life right now and watching shinhwa clips and reading up on them really help me cope. my family and friends always tease me about what they call my "korean obsession," saying that it's a complete waste of time, but what can i do, it's how i cope (if something non-destructive helps you get through your day, i say go for it, right?)! but really, i've learned a lot about myself and other people, thanks to my "korean obsession." i sooo admire shinhwa not just for their talent and good looks but for their great bond and love for each other - it's just so touching and inspiring. :D ...

Welcome Andy! We are all as obsessed about Shinhwa as you are! ^_^ What a perfect time for you to come now that they're getting all geared up to get back in the spotlight! And I totally agree with you...Shinhwa "not having talent" is the dumbest phrase I've ever heard. Of COURSE they have talent!!! Btw, I fell into Kpop going through a "rough time" as well so I totally understand how much your Korean obsession means to you. Again I say welcome!! Shinhwa Fighting!

SO FRICKEN SUPER EXCITED.[/lor]

okay LAST EDIT. i promise if i do another edit.. then.. .. sorry lol ---

i just realized my post was super spazztastic. but please understand

ive been waiting for this moment for like 9years haha. for all

attention to be directed towards wannies beautiful voice. also

hence my sn. crazy korean. i am.. a crazy korean. a korean

crazy for wannie. IM DONE BYEE

pstt. these songs make me feel all bubbly inside. haha.

ps. i think this is my longest post ive ever made ever since i started this thread...lol

Helena :lol: ahahaha you're hilarious with all the edits ^^. I just added you as a friend btw - please call me Livvie ^^. I'm super excited also and glad that you got to finally listen! Aren't thesongs catchy? They have such a nice beat! My lil sister who I haven't been able to really convert over to Shinhwa (she does like the song Brand New though) said she really liked WanDy's song together!! Listening to it makes me want to go to the beach, lol.

it is not fair at all i am not gonna go back to Vietnam until next year and Minwoo and Hyesung are going to Vietnam this year?

Man! i gotta find a way to convince my mom to go back this year

Did anyone know that Annyuong site ha s the pre order for Wannie's album and M's album yet? i'll buy them with posters this time.

Good luck convincing your mom katelin_kim! Mianhae..I can't help you with the Annyoung (sp?) site...I actually preordered mine over at SHCJ.net

[07.06.22] [Diary] Andy - Humid Season~

omo, Mal! Thanks for posting Andy's diary!! It's so random but yet very thoughtful at the same time ^^ He's so cute!! When I read it I laughed, b/c its supposed to get really humid today and this weekend where I live :lol:

K4Ice- let just hope minwoo or maybe even shinhwa can come back to vietnam next year ^^

You and me both dearie!! I was so ticked when I found out they were doing concerts in Ho Chi Minh this year and that our trip got canceled :ph34r: ...*prays hard for next year*

hello, everyone! my name is andie. i'm as old as the hyungs of shinhwa (just days older than hyesung and dongwan) - practically an ahjumma! i live in so. california and i'm not korean. like many others, i was just totally caught by hallyu fever (mods/admin, i hope this isn't spamming; i swear this is about shinhwa!). :) this is my first ever post in soompi (i'm also practically a comp-mang - that's the term for computer dummy, right? - so i don't really join forums and such). i recently saw que sera sera and i was intrigued by eric so i did some research (a lot actually) and fell in love with shinhwa! they're just...unbelievable! i'm going through a difficult time in my life right now and watching shinhwa clips and reading up on them really help me cope. my family and friends always tease me about what they call my "korean obsession," saying that it's a complete waste of time, but what can i do, it's how i cope (if something non-destructive helps you get through your day, i say go for it, right?)! but really, i've learned a lot about myself and other people, thanks to my "korean obsession." i sooo admire shinhwa not just for their talent and good looks but for their great bond and love for each other - it's just so touching and inspiring. :D

nurkeyandie aka andie welcome to the thread and forum world!! Don't worry about your family...my family teases me about my 'korean obsession' too...but maybe thats b/c I joked with them saying that I was adopted and actually korean :lol: Shinhwa does have a way of cheering you up when you're down and going through bad times...even a 30 second clip of them is enough to make me smile!

Guest nurkeyandie

thank you, Krain5 and K4Ice (livvie, right?)! :) ( :blush: i have yet to learn how to quote posts; *embarrassed*)

i'm totally addicted to dongwan's i love summer now (or is it loving summer? sorry, i'm not sure how the title is translated). :D

btw, i looked for the shirt junjin was wearing at that kai aakmann launch (the one with the "love kills slowly" print; it's on page 1019 - edit: it's page 1017 - in this thread, i think) and it costs US$65.00! :o pricey, but it totally looked great on him. :)

Archived