[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

Guest cutiepad

Dongwan, I think, is less concerned with the technical stuff, and just sings his songs. He seems more concerned and focused on his own performance than anything else...like is he singing on key rather than if the echo is too loud etc.

hmm.. maybe that's not really true.. cuz i remember watching the behind the scenes with shinhwa in singapore.. and it did show that dongwan was relatively concern over the technically stuff. it was regarding the loudness of the echo and was he able to hear himself.ya.

i think all the members are very specific over such things, its just that sometimes, the video editor of mnet would cut and cut and cut away hours of filming. and edit it to a 20minute video.

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for the conversion. Now it's easier to compare my height to them! :P (I'm 5' 4-1/2") LOL!

My son is around 5' 8" so Hyesung and he is around the same height. I always thought my son was short for his age (18) because alot of his friends are taller but I guess he is average...I thought Hyesung was taller (at least he looks taller in TV!) LOL!

I thought Minwoo was shorter than Dongwan....I guess they are same height... :blink:

Are they talking about Japan concert? I read somewhere that they'll be releasing recent Japan concert in DVD. I don't think it's released yet.

Thank you again for the conversion.

"Mommie" Alice

ERIC

height: 5'9

Weight: 156.5 pounds

DONGWAN

height: 5'7

weight: 150 pounds

MINWOO

weight: 64 kg

HYESUNG

height: 5'8

weight: 143 pounds

JUNJIN

weight: 165 pounds

ANDY

weight: 136.6 pounds

o__o i thought eric and junjin were like 6 feet... :blink:

---

QUESTION!!

Shinhwa-japan Special Dvd

what dvd is this? is it for sale?

gee, i sure miss this thread :tears: hehe.

Who's taking orange now?? Hmm.. i was reading back the pages and i think it wasn't cleared yet that they were FOR SURE taking orange. Anyways, even if they were-- orange will always be with Shinhwa. I don't think it's much of a deal. Shinhwa jjang!! B)

MiSs L.E: that dvd might be this one-- http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code...pid-1004169514/

not too sure. But yes, i need to catch up w/ their new dvds and such. I'm so glad to hear that they are up and going on their solo projects though. GO SHINHWA!!

Thanks for the lovely photos everyone!!

Oh yes, and crazy_korean: thanks for updating the front page. You sound a bit too cruel though. Uhm.. :sweatingbullets: maybe you should tone it down a little so that Shinhwa's thread will feel more welcoming to new members.. :huh: j/ a thought. I understood you put a lot into it-- and i greatly appreciate it too-- but maybe j/ a little bitty warning will do. >_< But it's looking fabulous! Thanks! :P

SHINHWA FIGHTING!!*

Guest vietgirl604

hello u guys...i always read this forum but rarely post anything...just wanna share u one story of mine :)

2 weeks ago i just moved to rent house..i bring along my CPU that full with korean stuffs esp related to Shinhwa..when i have spare time i watched them in XMAN or LL or MV or interviews...

until one day all my roomies (3 of them) joined me watching...bcoz they curious what am i doing and y i'm keep laughing to the same thing that i watched for 3rd or 4th time...

and finally they also in love with shinhwa...esp ANDY n ERIC..n one of them even want to wacth 'My Girl' bcoz i told her that ERICs' gf in there...

i dunno y but i feel very proud of it... :D:rolleyes: adding more SHINHWA fan in MALAYSIA..

Oh yay, you got some more Shinhwa fans. I bet the fans are spreading like...by the second lols.

That's actually really true. andy does think abotu his hyungs a lot. in love letter there was that game where you have to name movies. andy kept saying 'spin kick' and 'june's diary' and iw us like

awwwwwwwwwwe hes totally saying it cuz of his hyungs<3 :blush: :wub:

Aww, what a cutie! He probably really looks up to his hyungs and stuff..it's so sweet.

^ please.. do not quote pics :P

anywas, i was thinking of making an index of all the pages here. you know? as in what is in this page and like that. like

pictures: posts 200, 01, 31....

shinhwa fics: posts 500, 407...

shinhwa blablah....

hehe. the seller saw my wallpaper and asked if the guy there is the one i'll put a pic of in the square frame and i said yes, she said he's cute. bwahahaha!!!~~~ it was wannie with that cute dog. lols.

*swoons to Shinhwa Knight*

i have a list of shinhwa ballads... anyone wants one? hehe.. :P

I think the index thing would take FOREVER. Like while you guys are doing that..it'll be like you finish one page, we made three more or something, ya know? And the keychain is SO CUTE! I want an 'M' or 'LMW' one lols..so nice.

^ Thank you very much! I wonder what the ranking was for though???

And just some thoughts...

After watching the recent uncut clips of the osaka concert...I think I understand why it took Jinnie a while to release a solo album. After Jinnie's solo on the winter story album, I've read a lot of comments, especially from male reviewers surprisingly, about how Jinnie's voice is stronger than M's, he's taller, handsomer, and in some cases dance better, etc. Why did Minwoo release a solo album while Jinnie didn't?

I think it all comes down to presence. It was interesting watching the atmosphere change as each member rehearsed their solo. The difference between Minjin is pretty big despite they're both dancers. Jinnie's kinda hesitant (that silly boy), and rather than telling dancers where he'd like them...back up dancers would ask if if it was alright if they were there. You feel that they are in the same dance troupe, rather than him being the star of the show.

Then Minwoo's stage- you feel that he is in control. He's very sure and confident? He tells the dancers, there and there. And he's got all the effects and timings he wants in his head...when the lights should go on, when the music pauses, etc. He spends quite a bit of time thinking about it? Everything's planned, and he knows what he wants. The way the stage director speaks to them is very different too. To Jinnie, his tone sounds like he's teaching sometimes...but to Minwoo they're on a more equal level? Or it's just my imagination.

Hyesung's kinda similar to Minwoo...but lonelier since he doesn't have any back up dancers. He's very meticulous about the sound and positioning. Hyesung fidgets alot with his earpiece and wants to put on the perfect show.

Andy's kinda like the kid everyone wanted to compliment. The dancers gave him thumbs up, and the director tells him good job. He's too adorable.

Dongwan, I think, is less concerned with the technical stuff, and just sings his songs. He seems more concerned and focused on his own performance than anything else...like is he singing on key rather than if the echo is too loud etc.

MinWoo in control..that sounds so hot. Maybe JunJin is in the more shy side? So he just goes along with what people do and with MinWoo he's more outgoing and would speak out what he thinks and stuff. They're all so different and unique and when they're all together..it's awesome.

ERIC

DONGWAN

MINWOO

HYESUNG

JUNJIN

ANDY

Yeah...I thought they were 6 feet too..or at LEAST 5'10 or something..hmm. I think I'm going to try doing the conversions again..haha..just so I can be sure.

:) vietgirl604

Guest katelin_kim

i just finished calculating their height in fft again and here is the result:

Minwoo and Dong Wan have the similar height: 5'9( Minwoo is like 5'8 and half,less than half inch though)

Andy and Hyesung "5'10( Hyesung is 5'10 and half)

Eric and JuJin have the similar height too: 5'11 ( Eric is more like less than half inch)

i just got HEROINE 6 shows that Minwoo was in there , if you were interested, tell me and i'll upload those, they are from last year,2005 :D

Guest MiSs L.E

Yeah...I thought they were 6 feet too..or at LEAST 5'10 or something..hmm. I think I'm going to try doing the conversions again..haha..just so I can be sure.

yeah~ u should check them... i used the internet.. but it doesnt really sound right to me. :mellow:

^gawd. im envious of you ppl!

i havent watched nonstop with shinhwa members with it! (except for the nn2 episode with dongwan acting as a gay fashion designer and minwoo as junghwa's date)

LOL.

i live a lame life. TTOTT; can someone pay my broadband services?

XP :tears:

LOLS yeah i loved that. that was so hilarious. i laughed so hard when if rist watched that.

ERIC

DONGWAN

MINWOO

HYESUNG

JUNJIN

ANDY

THAT HTING IS WRONGGGGGGGG

junjin is 5'11'' and eric is around 5'10'' - 5'11'' HAHA i did the conversions ont his site b4. LOLS. and junjin is way taller than 5'9'' :mellow::phew::huh::crazy: HAHHA. (i went a bit crazy there with all those smillies)

minwoo is 5'8''

dongwan is 5'9''

andy is 5'9 - 5'10

hyesung is 5'10

this may sound lame.. but i kinda memorize their heights. on goodemg their profiles say that minwoo is..

178cm and that is ONE CM away from 5'9 HAHA. dongwan is 179cm. (the rest i 4get)

junjin is like one cm away from being 6'

and one of my friends is like dongwans height. hehe so i like to stand beside him and imagine that its actually dongwan that im standing next to. LOLS. yes very lame i know -.-:blush:

EDIT ooops my bad. minwoo is 174 and dongwan is 175cm hahaha

Guest tvxqsaraeng

lolz. i think its funny how everyone rushed to say that those heights were wrong so that they could preserve our Shinhwa in the fact that they are not short... :P that's so funny! we shinhwa fans rock^-^~~~ haha:)

The ranking is like the Top 5 answers. Dongwan was #4.

Questions was: Which celebrity is most differenent in real life vs. well known image?

^ Thank you! Is this a good or bad thing :blink: haha Still love him berry much.

hmm.. maybe that's not really true.. cuz i remember watching the behind the scenes with shinhwa in singapore.. and it did show that dongwan was relatively concern over the technically stuff. it was regarding the loudness of the echo and was he able to hear himself.ya.

i think all the members are very specific over such things, its just that sometimes, the video editor of mnet would cut and cut and cut away hours of filming. and edit it to a 20minute video.

^ hmmm...

what I meant was during his solo...as long as he can hear himself clearly he's fine....

I think my getting this impression has to do with the kind of music he prefers....X-Japan, Chemistry, Misia, etc. (I sometimes have a strange suspicion that Wannie may be an anime junkie with the genre he likes :sweatingbullets: ).

The songs suit live bands a lot more, and the chorus department is a bit simpler than say hyesung's. There is a lot of accompaniment and phrase catching in Korean ballad instrumentals? At least that's what I noticed :sweatingbullets: Alot of times, Hyesung is singing over a back track of himself?

of course when it comes to groups rehearsal, everything would feel different again ^^

^ lol yes. i love shinhwa fans =)

SHINHWA CHANGJO pride! <3

anywaysssssssssssssssss anybody know if WONTAK ANGEL is out to d/l i realli want to watchhhhhhhhhhhhhh. and i'l end up buying the dvd too probably. im loaded ;)

^ Think I posted a few pages back for someone else that asked... lolz

Anyways, it's in luckyyou clubbox...she posted the link in the Minwoo thread.

I will get the link...hold on...

Edit:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=3824059

Guest poloblue

ERIC

DONGWAN

MINWOO

HYESUNG

JUNJIN

ANDY

---

QUESTION!!

Shinhwa-japan Special Dvd

what dvd is this? is it for sale?

is the info above and on the first page accurate? i mean, i think junjin and hyesung are abit taller than that!

and are the conversions right? cos if you google 5 feet 8 inches, it will come up with '5 feet 8 inches = 1.7272m'. Now the above says that Hyesung is 5'8 but the first post on pg 1 says Hyesung is 179cm. that does not equal!!!

and don't u think they are really light for their height? i am 176 cm, a bit taller than andy and i am 8 kilograms heavier! am my firends call em skinny too!

Thank you so much for the conversion. Now it's easier to compare my height to them! :P (I'm 5' 4-1/2") LOL!

My son is around 5' 8" so Hyesung and he is around the same height. I always thought my son was short for his age (18) because alot of his friends are taller but I guess he is average...I thought Hyesung was taller (at least he looks taller in TV!) LOL!

I thought Minwoo was shorter than Dongwan....I guess they are same height... :blink:

"Mommie" Alice

i thought dongwan was 2cm taller than minwoo too.

Guest pharmer

I love the new first page!!! and i especially love A's profile! "first impression: Nice" yeah i've heard he's one of the nicests members, and totally stole the hearts of many fans at singapore concert becuz of it. His favorite athlete is Kang Ho Dong?!!! hehehe so funny. and the promotion of DW and shinhwa is super cute. incidentally what does "hwang dang ha da" mean?

Thanks for the profile!!

^ Thank you! Is this a good or bad thing :blink: haha Still love him berry much.

^ hmmm...

what I meant was during his solo...as long as he can hear himself clearly he's fine....

I think my getting this impression has to do with the kind of music he prefers....X-Japan, Chemistry, Misia, etc. (I sometimes have a strange suspicion that Wannie may be an anime junkie with the genre he likes :sweatingbullets: ).

The songs suit live bands a lot more, and the chorus department is a bit simpler than say hyesung's. There is a lot of accompaniment and phrase catching in Korean ballad instrumentals? At least that's what I noticed :sweatingbullets: Alot of times, Hyesung is singing over a back track of himself?

of course when it comes to groups rehearsal, everything would feel different again ^^

^ Think I posted a few pages back for someone else that asked... lolz

Anyways, it's in luckyyou clubbox...she posted the link in the Minwoo thread.

I will get the link...hold on...

Edit:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=3824059

ohh LOL. haha thank u amy =)

i wonder if there are any megaupload links for it. hmm i sh'all go check.

whew! Bit of a stalker here,so much to catch up, ooh didn't notice the first page until i read pharmers post :PGreat work guys!!!

I thought Dongwan was like 1cm taller than Minwoo? and Andy was 2cm taller than Dongwan and Junjin was taller than Eric by 1 or 2 cm O_o hmm guess i was wrong then. Well sometimes on TV and pictures Dongwan looks taller than Andy.

Andy's answers are so cute Fav sports star: Kang Ho Dong, is that like THE KHD dude? and fav actor Kim Dongwan :lol: yeh what does "hwang dang ha da" mean?

Hyesung seems like a very sporty person with all those sports under his belt, lol he plays the tamberine lol

Dongwan is "uncle Dongwan" :sweatingbullets: probably because of the protectiveness. lol and first impression is "farmer, burnt rice" O_o that's sooo random.

Guest hammie2010

whew! Bit of a stalker here,so much to catch up, ooh didn't notice the first page until i read pharmers post :PGreat work guys!!!

I thought Dongwan was like 1cm taller than Minwoo? and Andy was 2cm taller than Dongwan and Junjin was taller than Eric by 1 or 2 cm O_o hmm guess i was wrong then. Well sometimes on TV and pictures Dongwan looks taller than Andy.

Andy's answers are so cute Fav sports star: Kang Ho Dong, is that like THE KHD dude? and fav actor Kim Dongwan :lol: yeh what does "hwang dang ha da" mean?

Hyesung seems like a very sporty person with all those sports under his belt, lol he plays the tamberine lol

Dongwan is "uncle Dongwan" :sweatingbullets: probably because of the protectiveness. lol and first impression is "farmer, burnt rice" O_o that's sooo random.

yep... i think Kang Ho Dong is the KHD.. the one we see on Xman, Love Letter bcos he used to be a wrestler =) i think Dongwan n Minwoo are abt the same height... yeah, from the pics, i see JUNJIN as the tallest or sth... kekek...

Guest nutzie

aahh, i just finished watching the 4th episode of KSA.. it's getting funnier nowww~ i have to post the funny moments before i forget =P

the part when he said "sex on the beach" i just cracked up for some reason =P he said it without an accent too.. hahahaha..

"vodka.. soju.. same same!!" hahahahah it sounds sooo fobbish =P

there was another one too, but i can't remember.. it was funny at the last part too, when gong ju yeon punched him and then blood started trickling from his nose..

my sense of humour is pretty screwed up, hence laughing at random scenes..

thanks crystalis for the videos!!

In Korean dictionary, it saids: absurdity; nonsense; preposterous; wild

It's really hard to describe it correctly.

Let me give you an example:

"Someone ask you personal question, and you were so surprised at that question that you didn't know what to say.... you are at lost for words..... ("hwang dang ha da" describes your feeling you felt at that moment)."

Does that make sense??? LOL!

"Mommie" Alice

yeh what does "hwang dang ha da" mean?

Guest kdrama_luv3r

i found this video of junjin on youtube..VERY HOT..yet it make you giggle!

IT super HOT!!!

does anyone know who is sing the song or what it called

Guest xmkaex

^ please.. do not quote pics :P

anywas, i was thinking of making an index of all the pages here. you know? as in what is in this page and like that. like

pictures: posts 200, 01, 31....

shinhwa fics: posts 500, 407...

shinhwa blablah....

hehe, i was thinking of doing that. and as if it can be put in the first post. but it will take a lot of time. argh. anyone wants to split work?

i'll help. ^-^

^gawd. im envious of you ppl!

i havent watched nonstop with shinhwa members with it! (except for the nn2 episode with dongwan acting as a gay fashion designer and minwoo as junghwa's date)

LOL.

i live a lame life. TTOTT; can someone pay my broadband services?

XP :tears:

there was a whole episode of that floating around on youtube but i forgot to add it to my favorites.

haha those two girls go on a date with minwoo and junjin, and one of the girl thought that her date with junjin[i think] was gonna go horrible xD and i think on that one andy speaks english.

if someone has it saved to their favorites can you post the links here :D thanks

aahh, i just finished watching the 4th episode of KSA.. it's getting funnier nowww~ i have to post the funny moments before i forget =P

the part when he said "sex on the beach" i just cracked up for some reason =P he said it without an accent too.. hahahaha..

"vodka.. soju.. same same!!" hahahahah it sounds sooo fobbish =P

there was another one too, but i can't remember.. it was funny at the last part too, when gong ju yeon punched him and then blood started trickling from his nose..

my sense of humour is pretty screwed up, hence laughing at random scenes..

thanks crystalis for the videos!!

xD i watched that part too and i started laughing.

i also started laughing when he finds those guys hiding behind the car...& he says HEYYYY!

clips i found today:

----have you guys heard eric sing?!?!?!

he's pretty good ^-^

he sing for a cartoon mv with lyn in this video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJvvGSv18IU

----oh and what this clip of minwoo on nonstop5 with Stephanie

it so funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYKsNss9GvE

----english sub version of YO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9MjAR8zn1g

Archived