Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

6 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

I think it's from his panel for his new movie which has been released this weekend, that's why he had several interviews in past days. Idk if this interview is a part of one big or is separate. For Wookie there is no reason or occasion to give interview, since he has nothing to promote right now. And don't worry, chingu, he's busy filming "Goblin". 

I have feeling that we'll see him again guesting in KBS's radio show, promoting drama, then probably in tvN's Taxi (if they'll invite him together with main couple lead). There we can expect on his interview. And I still have hope to see him minimum in TROS or Running Man and as maximum in both shows before the end of the year. I'm too positive, right? :sweatingbullets:

If they invite him together with main couple lead- that broke my heart:((((  

Fingers crossed & hoping to see him soon for promotions. If we get to see him in TROS or Running man b4 Goblin, it's a bonus

• Like 2

Young Ji has mentioned Wookie again. She is greatful for hi acting courses. That is so cute. I really love their friendship knowing her sister is his big fan, and Young Ji was watching all his dramas. :)) And she was cheering on Bubblegum by posting it's poster. I wonder if she'll do this for Goblin as well :phew:

20160913_1473756858_63487200_1_99_20160913181813.jpg?type=w430_q80

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000907489

@winterdew chingu, welcome here!!! And thanks for that Grim Reaper's character translation!! I hope we'll have lots of what to talk about here and in Goblin's thread in upcoming months hehe.

@lucifercorner why your heart will be broken if tvN will invite him to the show together with lead couple? WHat's bad in it? ;)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

Young Ji has mentioned Wookie again. She is greatful for hi acting courses. That is so cute. I really love their friendship knowing her sister is his big fan, and Young Ji was watching all his dramas. :)) And she was cheering on Bubblegum by posting it's poster. I wonder if she'll do this for Goblin as well :phew:

20160913_1473756858_63487200_1_99_20160913181813.jpg?type=w430_q80

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000907489

@winterdew chingu, welcome here!!! And thanks for that Grim Reaper's character translation!! I hope we'll have lots of what to talk about here and in Goblin's thread in upcoming months hehe.

@lucifercorner why your heart will be broken if tvN will invite him to the show together with lead couple? WHat's bad in it? ;)

@Princi_86 just the mention of him not being the main lead is heart breaking. Still not able to digest it. Anyways will cheer for him no matter what!!!

superlike youngji for the support!!!

• Like 4

Here is the article translated by Allkpop:

Youngji talks about getting acting lessons from Lee Dong Wook

youngji,lee-dong-wook

If you recall, Youngji and actor Lee Dong Wook were both on 'Roommate' in the past. Looks like they two remained close despite the show's cancelation!

On the September 13 broadcast of SBS powerFM's 'Kim Chang Ryul's Old School,' Youngji appeared and revealed that she'd been getting acting lessons from Lee Dong Wook while appearing in 'Oh Hae Young Again'!

"From the first episode to the last episode, Lee Dong Wook was my teacher," she said, relaying her gratitude. "In extreme detail, I was tutored one-on-one. He did that for me without getting anything in return."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/09/youngji-talks-about-getting-acting-lessons-from-lee-dong-wook

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Princi_86 said:

Here is the article translated by Allkpop:

Youngji talks about getting acting lessons from Lee Dong Wook

If you recall, Youngji and actor Lee Dong Wook were both on 'Roommate' in the past. Looks like they two remained close despite the show's cancelation!

On the September 13 broadcast of SBS powerFM's 'Kim Chang Ryul's Old School,' Youngji appeared and revealed that she'd been getting acting lessons from Lee Dong Wook while appearing in 'Oh Hae Young Again'!

"From the first episode to the last episode, Lee Dong Wook was my teacher," she said, relaying her gratitude. "In extreme detail, I was tutored one-on-one. He did that for me without getting anything in return."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/09/youngji-talks-about-getting-acting-lessons-from-lee-dong-wook

Hi Princi, thanks for sharing this. Oh, LDW is so NICE, a real sweetheart. :P

• Like 5

ANNOUNCEMENT! LET'S SUPPORT LEE DONG WOOK AND HIS UPCOMING DRAMA!!!

1445253931040_zpstke7bdh8.jpg  

Dear Lee Dong Wook fans,
Since his new drama as well as his Birthday are approaching, together with other long-term fans, we want to initiate 2 fan projects:

1. Food truck on set (we'll try to organize it around his Birthday date to congratulate him in this way). This will be co-project with few other small fan clubs or fan communities who can't handle full truck from their fan club only. It will be first time when international fans (not talking about big Korean, Japanese, Chinese fan clubs) will support Wookie on set, so please, don't fail to take part. 
2. Rice wreath on "Goblin"'s press conference. 
 Food truck is most important here, that's why the total amount of rice we donate will depend entirely on the amount of donations we receive and how much we'll contribute to food truck (minimum contribution from fan club to participate in food support is 350$ USD), the rest will go for rice wreath. Your donation, in whatever amount, will thus be highly appreciated!
Please be sure that we will put your name/nickname and country on related banners in both projects.

It's not easy to organize everything, that's why we have tough deadlines to receive donations from you:
7th October*
*sooner will be highly appreciated. But if someone will fail to send in time but will send for sure later, inform me and we'll count on you in terms of rice wreath for which we'll pay closer to December.

There is no minimum amount.
You can send your donation on PayPal account of @lhl_lilian PayPal: lhl_lilian@yahoo.com who'll be in charge of collecting money (both from us and other fan clubs) and then paying for food truck. Please, put next message while sending money: "LDW project from ___ " and please mention if you're from Soompi or another forum/SNS. And please inform me and/or @lhl_lilian that you have sent money.

The other option is to send through Western Union or Money Gram to our insider chingu @wishbone26 who will help to control implementing of this projects on the final stage in Seoul. In case of sending through Western Union, please text @wishbone26 in private message to find out the details for sending. Since @wishbone26 is busy to check Soompi frequently, you can put me in a copy and I will ask her to check message box.

Of course PayPal is preferable since there will be less commission and for us it will be cheaper to pay for everything from one account, then to organize re-sendings. 

If we'll face difficulties in sending food support on set (that might happen because of schedule changes and place of shooting), then we will keep you updated on this case and will stick to Plan B (we will buy presents for Wookie to his Birthday and deliver it either on set or to his agency + we'll do bigger rice support). But we're positive that we'll be able to implement initial plan with food truck and rice wreath.  

We ask you to promote this project among other Lee Dong Wook fans you know (either on other forums, or SNS) to attract more people. 

You can check our previous projects here.

Last year we've organized together with other fan clubs "Happy Birthday" advertising in Seoul's subway and our own "Soompi LDW fans" rice wreath stand at "Bubblegum"'s press conference.

Please, help us to show Lee Dong Wook that he has loyal international fans from different a parts of the world!!! 
Even small contribution will lead us to our goal - to show Wookie how we love and support him! 
If you have any questions, comments or advices, don't hesitate to post here or text me in direct message. 

For your reference here is example of food support from other fan clubs:
o53LSaV9b6g.jpg
image-14-09-16-04-17.png?id=14738591010000000707%3B0%3B1&x-email=nastya_bon%40inbox.ru&exif=1&bs=2004&bl=3067162&ct=image%2Fpng&cn=image%252d14%252d09%252d16%252d04%252d17.png&cte=binary
  • Like 7

@Princi_86 This sounds really exciting! Thanks chingu and all those involved for putting this together :lol: Last year's project seems like such a great success. I'd most certainly love to take part in this year's project! Hope fellow Wookie fans here will feel encouraged to take part as well to show support for him :D

• Like 4

10 melodramas that will leave you feeling uplifted and inspired

04d1568b-ac76-43d0-b785-4f1456e0707c.jpg

Sometimes you just need a good cry, but you don't want to cry that much. If you're hesitant about starting a Korean melodrama because you are afraid of a tragic and depressing ending, let me help you out. Without giving away the ending entirely, here are 10 melodramas that are guaranteed to make you cry your eyes out, but are also guaranteed to leave you feeling uplifted and content.

1.  Scent of a Woman

Starring Kim Sun Ah and Lee Dong Wook

Scent of a Woman follows a young woman who receives a grim diagnosis, and finds out she only has a matter of months to live. Deciding to live her life to the fullest, she quits her job at a travel agency so she can enjoy what time she has left. She attracts the attention of her handsome doctor, as well as the eye of an aimless chaebol who is heir to a tourism company. Watch as Kim Sun Ah works her way through her bucket list while two eligible men fall for a woman who, sadly, doesn't have much time left.

source : dramafever

• Like 6

Look who update his account ,

It is the first time maybe the second time of Wookie to update his instagram personally and guess what an awesome pic with his 100 days old nephew .

i am happy coz he looks happy 

Ladies and gentelmen here we are :blush::heart:Our beloved Wookie and his adorable nephew ,

• Like 7

Hi! how's everyone?

Sorry i'm not active in the thread, but i keep updated with your posts through my mail. I can't wait for Goblin.

@Princi_86 count me in for the project, I'll send the money as soon as I can..

I can help with the banner desing again, i'll talk to you through DM.

Hope everyone have a nice day, i'll try to come often.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, angiemty said:

Hi! how's everyone?

Sorry i'm not active in the thread, but i keep updated with your posts through my mail. I can't wait for Goblin.

@Princi_86 count me in for the project, I'll send the money as soon as I can..

I can help with the banner desing again, i'll talk to you through DM.

Hope everyone have a nice day, i'll try to come often.

Hi angiemty, can't wait, too! I'm sure this is a good drama. I will watch this for LDW, I have to say. I hope we could get to hear more news about this drama. I wonder did they start filming already. Also, I wonder how is LDW spending the Chuseok, huh? :P

• Like 4

Hi here. I was lurking on Soompi for a while. Finally have found strength to register. I am glad that this topic is getting more lively. Love this korean actor so much and waiting for his new projects. I will try my best to be more active, but I'm quite new in forum theme, that's why las they say in korean dramas "Please, take care of me".

I was trying to look through Dong Wook's forum here to find out more about him, but I have failed to check all 1440 pages. What do you recommend to watch with him? I have done with Bubblegum, Blade man and Hotel King. All dramas are equally good so I'm open to any genre.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 4

@mulankang welcome  chingu ,All Wookie's fans are friends though 

What do you think of watching Rommate ? you will get to know more about Lee Dong Wook .

Regarding dramas ,You still have a long way to go ,My girl ,Bittersweet life ,Partner,Scent of a woman ,wild romance ,mandate of Haeven and Kang koo's story "mini drama"hopefully you find them enjoyable .

Would you tell us how it started? which drama makes you Wookie's fan ?

• Like 2

@MaysoonD I am not sure about "Roommate" show. I haven't watched such variety programs before. Maybe I will try later to know his better, but from what I have seen there are too much different useless people there. :( But I will try later after watching another drams. Actually I have started with korean movies and dramas just year ago. My friend loves everything about Korea and she forced me to watch korean movie "Beauty inside" which was filmed a bit in our city. The movie itself was too cliche for my taste, but I have noticed that one guy with the deepest eyes. I commented to my friend that h's the best over there and she said that he has many dramas to watch. Then I have forgotten about Korea and while on holidays I was forced to watch again korean project, not drama. It was "Coffee prince" or "Cafe prince" I don't remember the exact name. Only now after reading this forum I see how funny it is that the first drama I have watched was drama of actor Gong Yoo with whom Lee Dong Wook will play in new project. The drama was even good and light, and even for me who haven't used to such weird plots. Or maybe that was holidays. Anyway i have decided to watch some other dramas. My friend has suggested me her favorite dramas with favorite actors. Again, I liked them. Once I have seen she liked one video and I've checked it out. It was scene from drama "Bubblegum". And here I am, loving his eyes the most (all other features as well surely) and that he doesn't need even say a word to express his current feelings. All in his eyes. 

I think I will check out My Girl first since it is one of the oldest.

And what about you?

• Like 4

@mulankang I think we all share the same story regarding his eyes were the pass to be his fan but differ in which project we watched first ? I have already shared my story before so hopefully old fans don't find me boring :grin:

I have been been watching Korean drama since 2010 but  in 2013, I started to drop one drama after another  and I didn't find Korean dramas enjoyable  any more but one day in May 2014 , I  was so bored that day and I kept checking the first episode of different dramas and hotel king was one of them but nothing special attached me ,two days later I was reading reviews in Koreandrama site , I checked Hotel king page as well  and I noticed the fans were making fuss over a scene so I checked it out on YouTube , i was stunned who is this man ?how can he made my heart ached that way ? his eyes was about to explode trying not to shed a tear !! his head was trembling ! he is deeply in pain and  out of breath but deeply in love though , how can this actor's eye convey his emotion to me like that and i didn't even know what the story was about back then .so i stared to watch hotel king and now i have watched all his dramas and movies .and i became one of his loyal fans..

bubblegum is now one my favorite by the way

• Like 4

@mulangkang welcome to the club! Anyway, after you watched LDW's dramas, I hope you'll also watch LDW in his variety appearance bcos all of them was so hillarious, fun and sometimes very touching stories.

I had a different experience from you bcos the first time I fell in love with LDW based on his variety show appearances. I watched him first at The Return of Superman and he succeed to make me laugh at the time, and at the end, I really love how gentle and sweet he was to LDG's children. Then, I watched him at some of RM episodes whereas he showed us how very competitive he was, a 100% type B person. Anyway, his friendship with JiHyo also a sweet one eventho not as sweet as with LDH. And then, I watched him at Roommate which became my fave K-variety! Maybe at first it looked like a show of so many useless person like you said, but the way LDW handled his interaction with all members showed us on how caring he was. Roommate season 1 is much better than season 2, there were several LDW's touching stories like when he and SeHo lunched together with LDW's and Seho's sister. Oh, it also had some  DongHae moments bcos at the time HK was still in production. Watching LDW in Roommate made me more in love with him.

• Like 5

On September 16, 2016 at 5:50 PM, mulankang said:

Hi here. I was lurking on Soompi for a while. Finally have found strength to register. I am glad that this topic is getting more lively. Love this korean actor so much and waiting for his new projects. I will try my best to be more active, but I'm quite new in forum theme, that's why las they say in korean dramas "Please, take care of me".

I was trying to look through Dong Wook's forum here to find out more about him, but I have failed to check all 1440 pages. What do you recommend to watch with him? I have done with Bubblegum, Blade man and Hotel King. All dramas are equally good so I'm open to any genre.

Thank you in advance.

@mulankangI am also new to kdramaland & recently I binge watched this one particular actor's dramas & movies after watching him in the reality show 'the return of superman' and this guy surprised me every time. La Dolce Vita.... Definitely his career best where he plays a dark & passionate character. But it's a difficult drama to recommend since it's not a light watch. Wild Romance is my personal favorite since it made me realize he has more going for him than a pretty face. The guy who made me shed so many tears in sadness in 'dolce vita'& 'Scent of a woman' was hilarious with his physical gags & comical timing in 'wild romance'. Go for it

47 minutes ago, giegie said:

@mulangkang welcome to the club! Anyway, after you watched LDW's dramas, I hope you'll also watch LDW in his variety appearance bcos all of them was so hillarious, fun and sometimes very touching stories.

I had a different experience from you bcos the first time I fell in love with LDW based on his variety show appearances. I watched him first at The Return of Superman and he succeed to make me laugh at the time, and at the end, I really love how gentle and sweet he was to LDG's children. Then, I watched him at some of RM episodes whereas he showed us how very competitive he was, a 100% type B person. Anyway, his friendship with JiHyo also a sweet one eventho not as sweet as with LDH. And then, I watched him at Roommate which became my fave K-variety! Maybe at first it looked like a show of so many useless person like you said, but the way LDW handled his interaction with all members showed us on how caring he was. Roommate season 1 is much better than season 2, there were several LDW's touching stories like when he and SeHo lunched together with LDW's and Seho's sister. Oh, it also had some  DongHae moments bcos at the time HK was still in production. Watching LDW in Roommate made me more in love with him.

He is definitely the best in the variety shows. There is also one Chinese variety show I guess. But alas, there are no eng subbing for that

• Like 5