[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

1 hour ago, taurean10 said:

thank you so much. now i'll try to read the novel eventhough it's a little bit hard to understand when i read it for the first time. but i think i'll get used to it later ^_^

6 minutes ago, _-Mio-_ said:

Bridge scene is happening and bridge scene is the end (?), as far as I got. So, maybe they add more things to the story (?), but from the trailer and all the spoilers I read it looks like whole novel will be in the S1 of this series. That's why I think it's very unlikely that we will get second season. But we can hope, ofc. 

My opinion: I don't want S2, as much as I love these characters and as much as I care about them. I think S2 will just make this story draggy and ruin everything. It's better to end it on a high note!

yup i agree with you. because the novel itself is not very long so i think 1 season is enough, don't want ruin the story line and i'm affraid it will drag the story if they do season 2.

• Like 5

Just a reminder guys, since I think the mods haven't been in here. Please refrain from quoting pictures, gifs or videos since it's against soompi rules and you could be penalized for it.

Anyway, I believe there won't be a season 2. GMM usually plans things far ahead and from what I've read, they're getting ready for a new (supposedly) BL drama called Status The Series, which is musical/theatre themed, or so I read. (I could be mistaken though). Ssing and Oat (PerWin in Lovesick) will be in it though I'm not sure whether they'll be main characters. 

Of course, Hormones and Diary of Tootsies have multiple seasons but unlike Sotus, these shows don't really have concrete source materials.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, whitedove said:

@samvilerow23

About U-Prince Series, all 12 parts' main couples are straight. Though they do have side characters who are queer. For example in Gentle Vet, the main guy's male best friend is in love with him while the main girl's best friend is in a lesbian relationship. In Single Lawyer, the main couple are August & Apple and Singto's character is supposedly the third wheel in the relationship, though I don't know who his character likes, August or Apple.

WhiteCaptain are in the series too, playing twins though and they both have their own leading ladies (GMM is definitely banking on WWCT's popularity to get ratings lol). So those who ship actors will have to brace for the time when Krist and Singto branch out after Sotus is over and they start acting with girls lol. Many fans think this will have only one season anyway since it's a short book.

wow this response is very comprehensive. thank you. but as much as i like singto, heteromantic dramatics don't have that effect on me. and actors who played gay roles in the past don't normally accept gay roles for another projects. i mean lovesick catapulted white's and captain's careers but i'm pretty sure if they're given a chance they would rather play hetero roles. same with krist and singto, that's why i'm just going to enjoy every single episode of sotus as much as i possibly can cause there are no repeats. 

also, are captain and white really that popular in thailand? i'm curious as to how celebrity fame works in thailand's entertainment industry that's why i'm reading Queer Bangkok by Peter Jackson right now and it's so interesting, very critical theory and interdisciplinary. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, _-Mio-_ said:

Bridge scene is happening and bridge scene is the end (?), as far as I got. So, maybe they add more things to the story (?), but from the trailer and all the spoilers I read it looks like whole novel will be in the S1 of this series. That's why I think it's very unlikely that we will get second season. But we can hope, ofc. 

My opinion: I don't want S2, as much as I love these characters and as much as I care about them. I think S2 will just make this story draggy and ruin everything. It's better to end it on a high note!

Me too! I was a bit scared if the novel is long and they're going to extend the series for another season cause that means will wait for another year. Glad to know that they will wrap everything up in this season so I could easily move on when this ends.

I agree completely with your opinion, I like the pacing so far and i'm content with everyone's acting performance (unlike make it right don't drag me lol) and if they extend it, the quality of the plot would be ruined for sure. 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, whitedove said:

Footage from yesterday's fanmeet has been uploaded by GMMTV:

not sure if the sound editing is rushed or the acoustics of the place is just horrible. but i'm so happy that a lot of people came to support them :w00t:

EDIT: hi @whitedove is this waht you mean about quoting vids/gifs?? sorry i'm never doing it again. ths is the last time. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, _-Mio-_ said:

Spoiler

In the webnovel the bridge scene is almost the end, but the real ending is in the special chapters that are only in the hard copy of the novel~ The Thank P' Party with the kiss from the teasers is one example, that's from the special chapter from the book ending :heart: Can't wait for it!!

And yes I don't want season 2 either! It would hurt the story I think~

@taurean10 They try to have order for improvement so both the freshies and third year end up learning from it, if that's what you mean xD

• Like 5

@whitedove That fan meet video. ahh I just don't have time. :bawling: My all other dramas are making me dizzy. I'll just save this one for weekend too. :D

26 minutes ago, bookfaenframe said:

Reveal hidden contents

In the webnovel the bridge scene is almost the end, but the real ending is in the special chapters that are only in the hard copy of the novel~ The Thank P' Party with the kiss from the teasers is one example, that's from the special chapter from the book ending :heart: Can't wait for it!!

And yes I don't want season 2 either! It would hurt the story I think~

@taurean10 They try to have order for improvement so both the freshies and third year end up learning from it, if that's what you mean xD

Thanks for spoiler. :wub: I am usually a person who doesn't like spoilers, but here I don't mind. :phew::P

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, samvilerow23 said:

wow this response is very comprehensive. thank you. but as much as i like singto, heteromantic dramatics don't have that effect on me. and actors who played gay roles in the past don't normally accept gay roles for another projects. i mean lovesick catapulted white's and captain's careers but i'm pretty sure if they're given a chance they would rather play hetero roles. same with krist and singto, that's why i'm just going to enjoy every single episode of sotus as much as i possibly can cause there are no repeats. 

also, are captain and white really that popular in thailand? i'm curious as to how celebrity fame works in thailand's entertainment industry that's why i'm reading Queer Bangkok by Peter Jackson right now and it's so interesting, very critical theory and interdisciplinary. 

Yeah Captain & White are pretty popular in Thailand now. Captain especially. He has made the top 9 of People's Choice Awards at Nine Entertain Awards (one of the 4 major television awards in Thailand) twice in a row already. My Thai friend (who's not into BL series and not a fan of theirs) said this is quite an achievement since Captain has never been on a mainstream channel (mainstream channels refer to Channel 3 and Channel 7). Plus the voting is pretty strict where you can only vote 5 times using the same phone number. Captain may not be the 'trend' at the moment like MIR guys (whose popularity after MIR remains to be seen), but he's definitely a teen prince. His movement gets followed by news/gossip sites, like his little outing with a rising young actress from Channel 7 who he recently befriends, or even tiny stuff like voting for a referendum the first time lol.

As for White, he's one of the young stars that GMM seems to be pushing. I think among U-Prince's male leads, Captain & White are probably the 3rd & 4th most popular after Push and March.

And oh, the WWCT ship is popular too, mainstream even, probably. Thais love their koojins (shipped couples) lol, and in a major award show this year, they were mentioned in an impromptu song together with other popular straight koojins like Nadech&Yaya and Mark&Kimmy.

Oh sorry for the off-topic, guys! Just mentioning what it could be for Krist & Singto if their popularity skyrockets the way Captain & White did. Captain & White of course had the advantage of being the first maleXmale lead couple in a lakorn shown at a primetime slot and the stepping stone for dramas like MIR or SOTUS to come along. (Being really good-looking doesn't hurt either lol). So we'll have to see whether this 'trend' will pass in a few more years or will it lead to more queer couples being the main leads in more primetime slots (SOTUS' slot is not considered primetime) and especially at mainstream channels (though this part seems the hardest to achieve).

• Like 8

Agree with @Mio, I also dont like season 2 if they add so much new stuff and try to drag the story by adding too many couples and just add more drama. (Just like Love Sick season 2. It will be good with 20 episode but they made it 36 episode)

Better to end SOTUS in a high with 16 ep that many of us will remember and rewatch again and again later on.

• Like 5

@bookfaenframe

can you summarize for me what was in the special chapters? 

The online version doesn't have any extra chapters only some side stories about the day Arthit and Kong met each other...and what they thought about each other.

And I agree with everyone no season 2 needed for this show...just an epilogue episode would be fine.

• Like 2

@taurean10 You can find spoiler summaries in the Pantip forum (x:D

Spoiler

The Thank P' Party sounds the greatest~ Earlier there's jealousy and misunderstandings and soo little clarity between them..before they come to confessing super cutely after figuring things themselves and with the help of their friends. They themselves even get officially outed as a couple, by the one you wouldn't think would say it to anyone~ :P

Another special chapter that should be really good is the one where Kongpob is a Sotus leader and gets a visit from Arthit, who's already working (and they're still together in the future)~

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Yves George Sanchez said:

Nice one! I thought Prem was the one getting punched by the students. This made it all clear. I think this will be the start of their budding romance. lol

Yess, that's what I'm thinking as well. To be fair, it looks like they punched Prem also? I wonder what the punishment will be for punching a senior in charge of the Sotus system lol.

• Like 5

With only 11 episode left, will there a place for another couple story without shortened the main couple and another couple stories? ( hmm forget their name. Ai and Em?)

Better to focus on two couple stories very well. Rather than MIR which at the end of series , ep 12 had 4 couple stories and also story of Luk Moo and one other. Too many characters and left the main couple Fuse and Tee very little time to interact in ep 12. A let down.

I am hoping SOTUS give a very good ending. A long proper happy ending. Like "Lets Fight Ghost" where in ep 16, it give a whole episode about Taecyeon and Kim So Hyun romance life after they defeat the enemy. Very good indeed. Instead of rushing the last 10 minutes into a happy ending like most dramas.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, jia_k said:

Title: ค้นใจ / Kon Jai (Search Your Heart)
Artist: J Jetrin (เจ เจตริน)
Album: J-Day
Year: 1998

ค้นหาความรู้สึกเธอ ที่เธอนั้น ซ่อนเร้นไว้ภายใน
Kon hah kwahm roo seuk tur tee tur nun saun ren wai pai nai
I’m searching for the feelings you’re hiding inside
ทุกครั้ง ที่เธอมองฉัน มันฟ้องว่ามีความลับในใจ
Took krung tee tur maung chun mun faung wah mee kwahm lup nai jai
Every time you look at me, it indicates you have a secret in your heart
ครั้งนี้ฉันจะลองค้น แม้มองเห็นว่ายากเย็นเพียงใด
Krung nee chun ja laung kon mae maung hen wah yahk yen piang dai
This time, I’ll try searching, no matter how difficult it seems
ได้โปรดเปิดทางให้ฉัน ได้เดินเข้าไปข้างในหัวใจ
Dai bproht bpert tahn hai chun dai dern kao bpai kahng nai hua jai
Please open the way for me and let me into your heart

(*) จะเอาดวงใจฉันค้นใจเธอ ให้เจอะสิ่งที่เธอนั้นเก็บไว้
Ja ao duang jai chun kon jai tur hai jur sing tee tur nun gep wai
I’ll take my heart to search yours to find the thing you’re hiding
ถ้าเธอมีคำนั้นไว้ในใจ เธอทำไมไม่พูดมันออกมา
Tah tur mee kum nun wai nai jai tur tummai mai poot mun auk mah
If you have those words in your heart, why don’t you say them?

ฉันรู้เหมือนที่เธอรู้ ว่าความรักต้องใช้วันเวลา
Chun roo meuan tee tur roo wah kwahm ruk dtaung chai wun welah
I know same as you that love takes time
ไม่ห่วงว่าจะนานเพียงไหน ขอเพียงได้ใจที่เธอให้มา
Mai huang wah ja nahn piang nai kor piang dai jai tee tur hai mah
I’m not worried how long it’ll be, I just ask for your heart that you’ve given me

(*)

ฉันรู้เหมือนที่เธอรู้ ว่าความรักต้องใช้วันเวลา
Chun roo meuan tee tur roo wah kwahm ruk dtaung chai wun welah
I know same as you that love takes time
จะอยู่เพื่อจะฟังคำนั้น นั่นคือรางวัลที่ปรารถนา
Ja yoo peua ja fung kum nun nun keu rahng wun tee bprahttanah
I’ll stay to hear those words, that’s the prize that I desire
คุ้มค่ากับการค้นใจของเธอ
Koom kah gup gahn kon jai kaung tur
It’s worth the search of your heart

Translation: Deungdutjai

good day @jia_k, again much thanks for the above.

Can I be of shameless imposition (or anyone else who might be of assistance)... please help me in finding the transliteration + translation of the song used in the Kongpop-Arthit video montage below? (similar to the above)... Many thanks in advance... :)

Spoiler

• Like 4

3 hours ago, laval said:

Yess, that's what I'm thinking as well. To be fair, it looks like they punched Prem also? I wonder what the punishment will be for punching a senior in charge of the Sotus system lol.

It seems Wad getting bullied and Prem go to the rescue fighting for Wad:D. Maybe the bullies from another uni otherwise they won't dare to hit Prem their senior. 

2 minutes ago, meifang89 said:

Maybe the bullies from another uni otherwise they won't dare to hit Prem their senior. 

ohh, yeah that may be so! I did wonder before if those bullies are the same guys who started a fight with Wad in the basketball tournament.

• Like 2

Good morning, guys! So I can see I've missed three pages of discussions from where I left off. Had to sleep early last night :) But I am just so excited to comment. It's always a beautiful morning to wake up to the thought of sharing happy thoughts with Sotus fans from all over :) I hope flooding comments is not against the rules. Lol!

• Like 5