[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

5 minutes ago, riska2904 said:

@delighful & @kyote

thank you for your kindness so international fans like me understand what they said :bawling:

and can i share it to my friends? i will share it with credit

yes you can. we are big international fans.. 

• Like 3

Guest delightful
34 minutes ago, riska2904 said:

I really don't mind if you share my subs, but do try to refer your friends to come here or at least tell them how awesome Soompi is. Tell them we don't bite....hard. :blush:

guys i watch sotus in gmmtv youtube channel, when i read comments, there is comment said "author of sotus said there is no seme/uke, they are supposed to be regular guys" is that true???

so artit also can be seke (seme uke)??? i can't imagine it

i mean artit is an absolute tsundere, and usually tsundere belongs to uke type :phew:, also artit is way to adorable to be a seme 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greenfan said:

On a side note, I feel bad for Em getting heart-broken. I think his character has actually progressed as the episodes pass from being the quiet type to being outspoken and jolly. The effect Kong has to people around him.

So I learned from the latest episode that he and Kong have been friends even before. I actually thought it was so weird of Kong to help Em get signatures in the first episode. But I guess Kong is really naturally friendly.

I just don't want to see Em hurting. If he and May would not end up together, I hope Em finds someone else to heal his broken heart. And Kong is such a true friend recognising the change in mood of Em. Grrr. I just love Em when he smiles, so innocent and sincere :)  

I liked Em's chemistry with May... but I'm so okay with this as well...

Spoiler

12519404_212282499146894_79937121_n.jpg

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, riska2904 said:

guys i watch sotus in gmmtv youtube channel, when i read comments, there is comment said "author of sotus said there is no seme/uke, they are supposed to be regular guys" is that true???

i mean artit is an absolute tsundere, and usually tsundere belongs to uke type :phew:, also artit is way to adorable to be a seme 

I appreciate that the author does not distinguish Kong and Arthit as either seme or uke. I agree that Arthit is tsundere type but I actually see him more as the seme in the relationship, and Kong the uke. You may disagree but I think Kong is just a sweetheart, flirting and hinting on Arthit since the beginning. And there goes Arthit showing a strong persona though we see his soft heart eventually coming out. I think he's like a man ready to throw fists and all but will cry when hurting. And Kong just could not help but get enthralled by the manly demeanour of Arthit. Hmmm, Arthit could be your authoritative but soft-hearted husband to a typical nagging wife Kong. Hehe. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, erngust said:

I liked Em's chemistry with May... but I'm so okay with this as well...

Reveal hidden contents

12519404_212282499146894_79937121_n.jpg

Exactly! I like Em and May to end up being together. I hope Em will be there to offer his shoulders to May when she realises that Kong has Arthit in his heart. But I do not want Em to be just a rebound. I mean, his cuteness does not deserve that! 

And that picture! I could not think of them being together. They're just inseparable as best friends. Hehe. But I love the picture! My favourites showing so much love for each other :)

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, riska2904 said:

tbh, I'm so glad that the author made it that way. I just prefer bl stories which there's no actual seme or uke thing in the relationship, but the story focuses more on their feelings to each other. I really enjoy that way, because whenever I see a bl story with 'clear' role which one is seme and uke, I think it's not really different from hetero couple on romantic dramas, just more dramatic. lol XD

and for me, if I were forced to name who is seme and uke, I got seme vibe from Arthit since the beginning, while Kong can be both. :P

But actually both of them really can be both, since the story focus on their feelings, not relationship. :)

• Like 8

5 hours ago, greenfan said:

I agree. I think Arthit already has this blossoming feeling towards Kong. But I also think that he does not want to recognise it yet since he may be confused as to why Kong could be acting the way he does. I mean, there's no reputation of Kong being linked to any male before and Kong is so popular among the girls, so how could he really be into Arthit? And so he may think that Kong is just playing around to give him a hard life since Kong is almost always against their practice. And Arthit may also think Kong is doing this because of the badge. Remember Kong's remarks during one of their meetings that he'll make Arthit his wife so he could get the badge? I also remember in the teaser Arthit giving the badge to Kong, Arthit looking mad and Kong smiling back. Could it be that Arthit is giving it to Kong just so he stops playing with his naturally soft heart? Hmmm. I could be wrong, of course, but this series is just making me want to see more. Hehe. What do you think, guys?

About the bold part.....I'll put it in spoiler tag if anyone doesn't want to get spoiled....

Arthit is not mad while giving the gear to Kong...

Spoiler

he gets mad coz Kong gives it back to Arthit and tells him to take care of it for him...you know like how guys give their girlfriends their rings or stuff to say "you belong to me" or something. Arthit the dummy thinks Kongs giving it back to show his disrespect for him and gets mad. So kong tells Arthit to ask his senior what's the significance of the gear. Arthit chokes on his drink when his senior tells him the gear is like the heart... something like that. This all happens during the final stages of sotus orientation....

In the last chapter Arthit hands over his own gear to Kong and tells him the same thing...take care of it for me.

And don't worry about the separation its not long. It needs to happen for Arthit to accept his feelings for Kong. In the book it was only few chapters...and they did keep running into each other so it was not a total separation. Kong just didn't approach Arthit and respected his wish to keep his distance.

Little bit of cute coincidence or shall we call it fate.....the senior girl who gave Kong books in epi 3 was also code 0062, same as Kong. She'll be getting married later to code 0206...which was also Arthit's code. So looks like codes 0062 and 0206 are destined for each other.:)

• Like 9

Guest delightful

I know what you guys mean, we are so used to labeling who the seme and who the uke is in these types of relationships. When in reality, two men in love actually take on both roles. They don't say you're the uke and I'm the seme or vice versa. I think the author was wise to point that out to her readers/viewers, because most fangirls think that one has to be this role and can't change.. I used to think that way too with YunJae, then I started 'researching' a bit more and found that it's not that way. Especially when the the two men involved are Arthit and Kong, they love each other for who they are and it doesn't seem like they want that person to be forced to be something they are not. I liked Krist's explanation on Jingjoe's show when he said, if Arthit didn't meet Kong then he would never feel like that towards any other men. So it's just Kong that Arthit wants not just any men out there. Dayamnnnn I can't wait for Arthit be start acting on his feelings, he'll be such a worry wart when it comes to Kong. LOL! The BRIDGE scene better freaking be EPIC!!!

7 minutes ago, taurean10 said:

About the bold part.....I'll put it in spoiler tag if anyone doesn't want to get spoiled....

Arthit is not mad while giving the gear to Kong...

Hide contents

he gets mad coz Kong gives it back to Arthit and tells him to take care of it for him...you know like how guys give their girlfriends their rings or stuff to say "you belong to me" or something. Arthit the dummy thinks Kongs giving it back to show his disrespect for him and gets mad. So kong tells Arthit to ask his senior what's the significance of the gear. Arthit chokes on his drink when his senior tells him the gear is like the heart... something like that. This all happens during the final stages of sotus orientation....

In the last chapter Arthit hands over his own gear to Kong and tells him the same thing...take care of it for me.

And don't worry about the separation its not long. It needs to happen for Arthit to accept his feelings for Kong. In the book it was only few chapters...and they did keep running into each other so it was not a total separation. Kong just didn't approach Arthit and respected his wish to keep his distance.

Little bit of cute coincidence or shall we call it fate.....the senior girl who gave Kong books in epi 3 was also code 0062, same as Kong. She'll be getting married later to code 0206...which was also Arthit's code. So looks like codes 0062 and 0206 are destined for each other.:)

Waah! This got me soooo excited to see happening in the screen! How could Arthit not know about the significance of the badge? Haha. He's just so innocent and I am having the feeling that Kong could be his first love. Lol.

I wonder how the separation will be featured in the screen. Don't you think that will be a total heart-throbbing moment? Kong and Arthit trying keep themselves calm and avoiding each other while actually dying inside. Haha.

And I love how fate will play about the girl having the same code as Kong's. So that's the reason for that scene. Thanks @taurean10! A good spoiler here and there does not hurt. Have you actually read the novel in English? I'm so jealous! 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, greenfan said:

Waah! This got me soooo excited to see happening in the screen! How could Arthit not know about the significance of the badge? Haha. He's just so innocent and I am having the feeling that Kong could be his first love. Lol.

I wonder how the separation will be featured in the screen. Don't you think that will be a total heart-throbbing moment? Kong and Arthit trying keep themselves calm and avoiding each other while actually dying inside. Haha.

And I love how fate will play about the girl having the same code as Kong's. So that's the reason for that scene. Thanks @taurean10! A good spoiler here and there does not hurt. Have you actually read the novel in English? I'm so jealous! 

No I didn't read the book's English translation. There isn't one...yet. I read it on Google translate and Bing translator. I think I understood most of main events in the book but some lines are just too messed up to understand. 

They seem to have done the angst right. There are some scenes in the teaser from the separation angst....both kong and Arthit sitting in their rooms in darkness....lying on their beds....Kong looking miserable on his balcony....Arthit looking at his phone...at all the missed calls and messages from Kong. The book shows Kong suffering a bit more as his friends start to notice it. The separation period is more of a realization period for Arthit. He realizes he misses kong, his teasing him and hanging around him.

About Arthit's first love....

Spoiler

Its not Kong. Its a girl from his school days. It will be more appropriate to call it one sided love coz Arthit never got the chance to tell her. When Kong and Arthit are on their shopping date they meet her and Arthit goes to talk to her. Kong got jealous when he saw Arthit smiling and happy to see her.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, taurean10 said:

No I didn't read the book's English translation. There isn't one...yet. I read it on Google translate and Bing translator. I think I understood most of main events in the book but some lines are just too messed up to understand. 

They seem to have done the angst right. There are some scenes in the teaser from the separation angst....both kong and Arthit sitting in their rooms in darkness....lying on their beds....Kong looking miserable on his balcony....Arthit looking at his phone...at all the missed calls and messages from Kong. The book shows Kong suffering a bit more as his friends start to notice it. The separation period is more of a realization period for Arthit. He realizes he misses kong, his teasing him and hanging around him.

Hide contents

Its not Kong. Its a girl from his school days. It will be more appropriate to call it one sided love coz Arthit never got the chance to tell her. When Kong and Arthit are on their shopping date they meet her and Arthit goes to talk to her. Kong got jealous when he saw Arthit smiling and happy to see her.

I actually saw in this thread an online resource for the novel and tried Mac's auto-translate but I gave up reading. I am impatient with translations being all over the place. I better wait, I decided. Hehe. 

Gosh, i think I have to prepare my eyes and my heart for those scenes. I mean, they're beginning to get close and Kong having the courage to risk his confession being heard by Arthit. Then the separation. But yes, I know it has to happen so they both realise what they mean to each other. But how could we see these two adorable boys all gloomy and lacking energy? We have to prepare :(

And yes, I forgot about it.

Spoiler

I can see Kong getting jealous with that girl. Hmmm. It's getting more exciting :)

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, taurean10 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yeah! The girl (Namtan) was his puppy love crush, he never did tell her and so he missed his opportunity because she got together with someone else :sweatingbullets: But the talk with Tum at the wedding reception made it clear he's never had the same serious romantic feelings for anyone other than Kongpob before~

• Like 4

2 hours ago, delightful said:

I know what you guys mean, we are so used to labeling who the seme and who the uke is in these types of relationships. When in reality, two men in love actually take on both roles. They don't say you're the uke and I'm the seme or vice versa. I think the author was wise to point that out to her readers/viewers, because most fangirls think that one has to be this role and can't change.. I used to think that way too with YunJae, then I started 'researching' a bit more and found that it's not that way. Especially when the the two men involved are Arthit and Kong, they love each other for who they are and it doesn't seem like they want that person to be forced to be something they are not. I liked Krist's explanation on Jingjoe's show when he said, if Arthit didn't meet Kong then he would never feel like that towards any other men. So it's just Kong that Arthit wants not just any men out there. Dayamnnnn I can't wait for Arthit be start acting on his feelings, he'll be such a worry wart when it comes to Kong. LOL! The BRIDGE scene better freaking be EPIC!!!

Agree with you and @apeach.... I find I enjoy those shows and movies more where seme and uke roles are not defined. They love each other that should be enough in a relationship. Theres no need to put a label on them.

Krist's line that if Arthit hadn't met Kong he would never feel like that for another man.....reminds me, Gu Hai said something similar in Addicted.

BTW....Thanks for the subs.    

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bookfaenframe said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah! The girl (Namtan) was his puppy love crush, he never did tell her and so he missed his opportunity because she got together with someone else :sweatingbullets: But the talk with Tum at the wedding reception made it clear he's never had the same serious romantic feelings for anyone other than Kongpob before~

Spoiler

'But the talk with Tum at the wedding reception made it clear he's never had the same serious romantic feelings for anyone other than Kongpob before ' - THIS! 

awwwww Arthit :wub::wub::wub::heart:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bookfaenframe said:

Hide contents

Yeah you're right.

Spoiler

thats when he realized what Kong meant to him. I also liked that he approached kong first at the wedding, though he wanted to pretend everything was fine...one look into Kongs eyes made him understand finally what kong was going through was same as him. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, taurean10 said:

Yeah you're right.

Hide contents

thats when he realized what Kong meant to him. I also liked that he approached kong first at the wedding, though he wanted to pretend everything was fine...one look into Kongs eyes made him understand finally what kong was going through was same as him. 

Yessss OMG that future scene will kill me if it has the same tension!! Such good angst~ :vicx: (I'm sooo sadistic that I can't wait to see Arthit miserably lovesick for Kongpob hehe it's the besttt)

• Like 4

i think the seme/uke binary that bl fans love to enforce on bl characters is very strange and to a degree offensive. i understand that the seme/uke thing was born out of the bl genre but this strict binarism is also limiting to the characters themselves. obviously, kong and arthit are complex characters but people (mostly straight viewers) are hell bent in finding out who the seme or uke is to simplify same-sex relationships. they need the security of information on who is boning who to tell who the "girl" and the "boy" in the relationship. heterosexuality is still the template, you are still enforcing you're heteronormative ideas to a non-heterosexual couple when it doesn't work that way. i'm not gonna touch on how the seme/uke thing reduces gay couples in to sexual objects, but all i have to say for now is that every relationship is unique (gay or not), we must view these characters not beyond their gender and sexual identity but in accordance with it because these identities (problematic and random as they are) inform their lived experiences in fiction and in real life. 

• Like 9