[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

1 hour ago, Vivagirl said:

wow the comments on JH lol... i was early watcher for reply 1997 and skipped the reply 1994 and watched reply 1988 lol i'm a bogum fan so i was thrilled that Taek ended up with DS. anyway when i first watched ep 1 or something, there was a scene where DS patted Taek's bum and said our baby taekie is all grown up and drinking milk... i knew it then that Taek will be husband :P

i like JH chemistry with DS but he had many chances to confess to her, especially the manito scene, instead of confessing he asked DS to think about why he was so good to her. then when she realise his feelings, he moved away from her (i know he did it cos of Taek) but still it was clear cut DS liked JH and he knows! if he had confessed, 100% she would have accepted him.

But i really liked the friendship between Taek & JH, to give up love for the other. If Taek had not kissed DS during his sleeping pill session, DS might have been heartbroken forever as JH will never confess. so it was a good thing Taek took action. 

I guess this is the end of the reply series.. off to watch reply 1994 which i had missed :lol:

Hi chingu, here's where we'll probably start looking at things differently.. Kiss or no kiss from TK, there was never really a chance for DS to be heartbroken forever by JH. DS was over with JH after the pink shirt incident. JH didn't pass the test, so she gave up. Just like she dropped chasing after SW when she learned he was after BR. DS had already abandoned the "confirm-if-JH-likes me" mission even before the time the dream-like kiss happened. JH had never really given DS a crystal clear impetus to act on her own feelings for him. Much of it was left for her to speculate. That's why she never really did know the depth of his feelings for her not until he confessed years after, sadly a little too late. @Vivagirl

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.change.org/p/tvn-petition-reply-1988-to-have-an-alternate-ending-or-an-epilogue-scene[Reply 1988: Petition]

I just made a petition for an alternate ending or just a traditional Reply series epilogue scene just to see what happened with the important characters in Reply 1988. Before commenting please read carefully. I am not imposing that the ending sucked it was just too open ended or unclear. No bashing of the writer or saying that Taek isn't deserving of Dukseon please. 

were asking nicely. If there is a korean friend that you know that can translate it exactly thanks in advance!! 

EVERYONE WILL BENEFIT THE EPILOGUE SCENE SO PLEASE SIGN UP ♥ it will just be a quick sharing of your time. I'm not sure if this will reach them but we can try.. spread the love!! ㅋㅋㅋ

https://www.change.org/p/tvn-petition-reply-1988-to-have-an-alternate-ending-or-an-epilogue-scene

sunbora  , did you guys know these 2 are real life friends? its quite fascinating for sw-br shippers

Spoiler

44n6zzq.jpg

sexy sunbora

about ds-jh-tk triangle, writer probably changed her mind in last 2 episode, changed jh to tk

I heard hyeri cried alot during jh confessed, lol. I was like that before. When my bestfriend confessed to me that he loves me 8years. And i already have boyfie. And my friend already knew that, but still confessed to me. I CRIED A LOT TOO, ITS NOT BECAUSE I LOVE HIM BACK. i just feel ohhh he liked me too back then. (Note: I crush with him too, but along time ago, just move on so easily, because he didnt give me signal or hints that he likes me back. P.S: my friend act like JH too, JH and him like twins) this drama just like our life when we are teenagers !!! 

If i was DS, i will choose taek, he will take of me well. He understand me, i dont need to explain more about my pride.in the real life: CHOI TAEK IS FIT AS DS HUSBAND. Will you like to date someone who never give you, his jacket or coat when you feel cool?will you fall for someone who always nagging about you? 

14 hours ago, luluponyazn said:

This is my first time posting on the AM88 thread, even though I was quite active back then in the AM94 thread. I decided to wait this one out due to the heartache that was Chilbong and waiting to see what the writer had up her sleeves this time. Perhaps due to the magic of her pen and the strength of her characters, I was sucked up in the Answer Me universe again, and I can say irrevocably that this is by far my favorite installment of the AM series, and one of my favorite K-dramas as well, and that is why I want to write this tribute to defend the drama and the writer. 

As a CB-shipper, I understand the pain of having your ship sunk intimately, so I won't comment much on the shipping aspect of the drama-watching experience, which I have carefully avoided this time around. But as a drama, AM88 stands fiercely on its own, and I applaud writer Lee for her penship, her originality, her sentimentality, and most of all, her bravery in breaking her own tropes and many of the K-drama conventions. I sincerely believe that AM88 will withstand the test of time and prove itself to be a work beyond its time. 

As evidenced by DS’s narration in ep 20, credit to Dramabeans,

“The reason I miss that time and the reason I miss that street isn’t just because I miss my younger self. It’s because my dad’s youth, my mom’s youth, my friends’ youth—the youth of everything that I loved was in that place. I regret not having bid a final farewell to the surroundings of my youth that can never be brought back together again. To the things that are already gone, to the time I can’t return to… I say a belated farewell. Goodbye, my youth. Goodbye, Ssangmun-dong.” 

One of the main theme of AM1988 was loss and how we deal with that loss. The series was devoted to the remembrance of a bygone era, a lost time when neighbors supported one another without reservation, when hard times are softened by the love of your family and friends, when meals are shared between families as part of the routine. 

Loss was also threaded throughout the series, most evidently in the storyline involving the parents. The loss of family and friends due to death. The loss of financial security due to the economy. The loss of parenthood due to careers. The loss of purpose due to retirement. The loss of womanhood due to aging. Each episode, we are given insight into how these families in Ssangmun-dong dealt with the losses in their lives and the pain that they brought, and yet grew stronger despite it all due to the love they shared for each other. 

No other character embodied that sense of loss more intimately and poignantly than Junghwan, and we as the viewers, felt every bit of pain in his loss as we walked with him each episode since the onset of his journey through his first love. Perhaps that’s why we as the audience are taking the ending so badly, because it is a reminder of the pain that loss brings, and even more so when we see the inevitability of that loss.

There is a lot of talk about potential script changes, but I want to say that there is incredible beauty in Junghwan’s character arc as the way it is written. If he and DS’s ended up together, AM1988 would have remained a sweetly rendered, but conventional K-drama. However, by declaring farewell and finding closure in his first love, his character closed with an incredibly resonant sense of growth and continuity despite suffering a huge loss and emotional setback, and his ending is my favorite among the three guys who didn’t end up with the girl in the AM series. He did not need a random girl to validate his character’s worth and potential, and like the Shaman woman had predicted,  “He will do fine on his own.” 

I’ve read this somewhere (paraphrased) as writer Lee’s own response to the criticism she has received. “I did not change the script. Hamlet as the hero did not get the girl. He even lost his family and ultimately his life. But he did get his story told.” And so did Junghwan, and what a story it is. 

Tracing back to JH at the beginning. His family suffered intense poverty, both a consequence of their social standing and JB’s sickness. As the second son, he was never given the full attention of his parents, and thus he had to mature quickly, swallow his own pains, and carry his own burdens. I believe his taciturnity is a result of both his innate personality and his upbringing. 

However, JH is very blessed. He has a family that loves him deeply, and despite JB’s silliness at times, he has an incredibly soft-hearted and loving brother. And so while his personality was shaped to be emotionally withholding, he always had people around him that cared for him and desired to listen to his heart. At the beginning of the series, he was 17 years old, not yet fully matured into a grown man, and he experienced the same coming-of-age struggles as any boy. He was full of that adolescent awkwardness and emotional distance, willing to acquiesce to school bullies, and was overflowing with sarcasm. He was your typical high school boy. And yet, this boy had a heart of gold that was slowly uncovered as the episodes went on, when he decided to let his mom into his life, when he fought back to defend SW, but yet, he did not know how to love. 

JH’s crush on DS, which was probably the storyline that echoed most with the audience, was sweet and full of that youthful energy and those unnerving first touches of romantic intimacy. It was presented to us directly and dressed with emotional beats that are designed to hit us in the heart, so of course we fell for him and cheered for him to win the girl of his heart. 

However, just as you’d expect out of any 17-year-old boy, JH did not have the emotional maturity to carry a real relationship. While we swooned at every romantic gesture that JH presented, their intended recipient was DS, a dense girl who is emotionally insecure and desperate to be loved due to her middle child status. As grandly as they were given, these gestures were poorly received, as what DS needed the most was the unreserved validation of her worth and unabashed declaration that she is beyond a doubt, deeply loved and valued. JH’s hesitation and poor timing played a part in his fate, but if you take a more sweeping view of the story, it is rather clear that JH and DS are poor fits for each other. As much as JH loved her, it was not given in the form that DS needed it the most, and I can imagine that even if they dated, it would have been a difficult journey full of misunderstandings and miscommunication. 

And so while he suffered the loss of his first love, he gained the invaluable life lesson of learning how to give love, in the most effective of ways.

For me, the most poignant moments of JH’s story was not his love for DS, but rather, his love for his mom as he wrote the Korean transliteration in her passport, his love for Taek by caring for him despite contending emotions, his love for his brother as he continued to validate him while all others mocked him, and his ultimate gesture of surrendering his romantic feelings for DS to love her still as a friend. 

As the drama itself said in episode 12, “Loving someone isn’t just the room to give. It’s a desperate need to give because you have to.” 

And it is with love that his character arc ended, in his love for his mom in the way that she needed, and in his love for SW in his companionship. 

The best characters are not necessarily written for happy endings but written so fully that you know he will breathe and live in the imaginative universe a full life. As he lost his first love, he gained himself and learned to better express himself and his love. That is a lesson that many of us have yet to fully learn, including myself, and that is the best gift the writer can give him. For me, he will always live on as one of the most memorable and resonant characters in the AM series, and a part of me wish that Chilbong should have been written with the same richness. 

Perhaps the viewing experience was painful because it reminded us of the inevitability of loss as we age and as relationships drift apart. And I see the drama as both a mourning for that loss but also a tribute to the blessings that they bring. I will end with this song, which has personally supported me and carried me through many difficult times, as a reminder that brokenness is not without beauty, and suffering is not without hope.

I'm deeply moved by your words. Thank you for sharing your deep thoughts and mature insights on this drama.

Still remember when everyone enjoyed this drama and declared it as best of the best. Then the husband-hunting ruled them little by little. As soon as they know their favourite is not the end -game (not even close to lead), they turned their back and said the story is such a mess. Little did they know the husband-hunting is not even the main purpose of this drama, family and friendship is. If only people were not too blind with their delusion, they would realise who is the husband from the very beginning.

It started with Park Bo Gum and ended with Park Bo Gum.
The very first promotional clip is Hyeri and Bogum.
And look the final BTS we got, Park Bo Gum is the one who actively promote.
The whole episode always talk about Choi Taek whether he is on screen or not.
It started in Taek's room and ended in Taek's room.
And sorry not sorry Junghwan is not the center of this drama, Choi Taek and baduk is.

Admit it or not, the writer and even pd-nim have a really special place for Choi Taek character and he always meant to be the lead and the husband.
Find out how Park Bo Gum is being casted. Then you will understand.

Its just my opinion. Still, the writer and pd knows the best.

and those who still think JH is main lead, you'd better accept the bitter truth that he is not. i think RJY himself also know this. That's why he got treated like that.

14 hours ago, luluponyazn said:

This is my first time posting on the AM88 thread, even though I was quite active back then in the AM94 thread. I decided to wait this one out due to the heartache that was Chilbong and waiting to see what the writer had up her sleeves this time. Perhaps due to the magic of her pen and the strength of her characters, I was sucked up in the Answer Me universe again, and I can say irrevocably that this is by far my favorite installment of the AM series, and one of my favorite K-dramas as well, and that is why I want to write this tribute to defend the drama and the writer. 

As a CB-shipper, I understand the pain of having your ship sunk intimately, so I won't comment much on the shipping aspect of the drama-watching experience, which I have carefully avoided this time around. But as a drama, AM88 stands fiercely on its own, and I applaud writer Lee for her penship, her originality, her sentimentality, and most of all, her bravery in breaking her own tropes and many of the K-drama conventions. I sincerely believe that AM88 will withstand the test of time and prove itself to be a work beyond its time. 

As evidenced by DS’s narration in ep 20, credit to Dramabeans,

“The reason I miss that time and the reason I miss that street isn’t just because I miss my younger self. It’s because my dad’s youth, my mom’s youth, my friends’ youth—the youth of everything that I loved was in that place. I regret not having bid a final farewell to the surroundings of my youth that can never be brought back together again. To the things that are already gone, to the time I can’t return to… I say a belated farewell. Goodbye, my youth. Goodbye, Ssangmun-dong.” 

One of the main theme of AM1988 was loss and how we deal with that loss. The series was devoted to the remembrance of a bygone era, a lost time when neighbors supported one another without reservation, when hard times are softened by the love of your family and friends, when meals are shared between families as part of the routine. 

Loss was also threaded throughout the series, most evidently in the storyline involving the parents. The loss of family and friends due to death. The loss of financial security due to the economy. The loss of parenthood due to careers. The loss of purpose due to retirement. The loss of womanhood due to aging. Each episode, we are given insight into how these families in Ssangmun-dong dealt with the losses in their lives and the pain that they brought, and yet grew stronger despite it all due to the love they shared for each other. 

No other character embodied that sense of loss more intimately and poignantly than Junghwan, and we as the viewers, felt every bit of pain in his loss as we walked with him each episode since the onset of his journey through his first love. Perhaps that’s why we as the audience are taking the ending so badly, because it is a reminder of the pain that loss brings, and even more so when we see the inevitability of that loss.

There is a lot of talk about potential script changes, but I want to say that there is incredible beauty in Junghwan’s character arc as the way it is written. If he and DS’s ended up together, AM1988 would have remained a sweetly rendered, but conventional K-drama. However, by declaring farewell and finding closure in his first love, his character closed with an incredibly resonant sense of growth and continuity despite suffering a huge loss and emotional setback, and his ending is my favorite among the three guys who didn’t end up with the girl in the AM series. He did not need a random girl to validate his character’s worth and potential, and like the Shaman woman had predicted,  “He will do fine on his own.” 

I’ve read this somewhere (paraphrased) as writer Lee’s own response to the criticism she has received. “I did not change the script. Hamlet as the hero did not get the girl. He even lost his family and ultimately his life. But he did get his story told.” And so did Junghwan, and what a story it is. 

Tracing back to JH at the beginning. His family suffered intense poverty, both a consequence of their social standing and JB’s sickness. As the second son, he was never given the full attention of his parents, and thus he had to mature quickly, swallow his own pains, and carry his own burdens. I believe his taciturnity is a result of both his innate personality and his upbringing. 

However, JH is very blessed. He has a family that loves him deeply, and despite JB’s silliness at times, he has an incredibly soft-hearted and loving brother. And so while his personality was shaped to be emotionally withholding, he always had people around him that cared for him and desired to listen to his heart. At the beginning of the series, he was 17 years old, not yet fully matured into a grown man, and he experienced the same coming-of-age struggles as any boy. He was full of that adolescent awkwardness and emotional distance, willing to acquiesce to school bullies, and was overflowing with sarcasm. He was your typical high school boy. And yet, this boy had a heart of gold that was slowly uncovered as the episodes went on, when he decided to let his mom into his life, when he fought back to defend SW, but yet, he did not know how to love. 

JH’s crush on DS, which was probably the storyline that echoed most with the audience, was sweet and full of that youthful energy and those unnerving first touches of romantic intimacy. It was presented to us directly and dressed with emotional beats that are designed to hit us in the heart, so of course we fell for him and cheered for him to win the girl of his heart. 

However, just as you’d expect out of any 17-year-old boy, JH did not have the emotional maturity to carry a real relationship. While we swooned at every romantic gesture that JH presented, their intended recipient was DS, a dense girl who is emotionally insecure and desperate to be loved due to her middle child status. As grandly as they were given, these gestures were poorly received, as what DS needed the most was the unreserved validation of her worth and unabashed declaration that she is beyond a doubt, deeply loved and valued. JH’s hesitation and poor timing played a part in his fate, but if you take a more sweeping view of the story, it is rather clear that JH and DS are poor fits for each other. As much as JH loved her, it was not given in the form that DS needed it the most, and I can imagine that even if they dated, it would have been a difficult journey full of misunderstandings and miscommunication. 

And so while he suffered the loss of his first love, he gained the invaluable life lesson of learning how to give love, in the most effective of ways.

For me, the most poignant moments of JH’s story was not his love for DS, but rather, his love for his mom as he wrote the Korean transliteration in her passport, his love for Taek by caring for him despite contending emotions, his love for his brother as he continued to validate him while all others mocked him, and his ultimate gesture of surrendering his romantic feelings for DS to love her still as a friend. 

As the drama itself said in episode 12, “Loving someone isn’t just the room to give. It’s a desperate need to give because you have to.” 

And it is with love that his character arc ended, in his love for his mom in the way that she needed, and in his love for SW in his companionship. 

The best characters are not necessarily written for happy endings but written so fully that you know he will breathe and live in the imaginative universe a full life. As he lost his first love, he gained himself and learned to better express himself and his love. That is a lesson that many of us have yet to fully learn, including myself, and that is the best gift the writer can give him. For me, he will always live on as one of the most memorable and resonant characters in the AM series, and a part of me wish that Chilbong should have been written with the same richness. 

Perhaps the viewing experience was painful because it reminded us of the inevitability of loss as we age and as relationships drift apart. And I see the drama as both a mourning for that loss but also a tribute to the blessings that they bring. I will end with this song, which has personally supported me and carried me through many difficult times, as a reminder that brokenness is not without beauty, and suffering is not without hope.

thank you for the beautiful insight... at last i can let it go... 

Guest wizengamot
46 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

I heard hyeri cried alot during jh confessed, lol. I was like that before. When my bestfriend confessed to me that he loves me 8years. And i already have boyfie. And my friend already knew that, but still confessed to me. I CRIED A LOT TOO, ITS NOT BECAUSE I LOVE HIM BACK. i just feel ohhh he liked me too back then. (Note: I crush with him too, but along time ago, just move on so easily, because he didnt give me signal or hints that he likes me back. P.S: my friend act like JH too, JH and him like twins) this drama just like our life when we are teenagers !!! 

If i was DS, i will choose taek, he will take of me well. He understand me, i dont need to explain more about my pride.in the real life: CHOI TAEK IS FIT AS DS HUSBAND. Will you like to date someone who never give you, his jacket or coat when you feel cool?will you fall for someone who always nagging about you? 

haha!!! but that was Hyeri being Hyeri (and not DS) who cried. DS was not supposed to cry that's why they have to stop the filming because she was crying so hard. That was also the time she and RJY was informed that they're not going to be husband and wife (and apparently, they've been talking about having kissing scenes since ep 5, so it must have shocked them that they also thought they're endgame but it turns out not on the last 2 episodes). Hyeri did not cry because DS heard JH confession and realized that he loves her a lot. Hyeri cried as herself.

Well, I have no problem with you thinking TK is fit as the husband though i never thought that not being able to open a can of biscuit in your 45 y.o. was actually called being fit. well, anyway that's your opinion. But I will surely date someone who always wait for me until the middle of the night, or even bring me umbrella at 2am in the morning, or protect me in a crowded bus, or give me present without being asked, or meet my friends and treat them with meals, and someone i'm being comfortable of bickering with but can have a serious talk when the situation calls for it. 

You see, you can list TK good characters and I can list JH good characters. But it's not even about who deserve her, it's about DS herself. She chose TK is the husband so I really don't know what's up with picking on JH character?

8 minutes ago, trvasohy said:

Video "Eonamtaek! Hyeri's husband is Park Bo Gum. The deep kiss that confirms each other's hearts" has 2.075.888 views in naver

Link

Netizen's comments :

[+21.808/-3.380] Aside from who is the husband, this kiss scene makes me crazy.. the best scene throughout reply 1988

[+14.732/-3.269] Give a shout for SunTaek!!!!!!! Kekekekekekekeke

[+14.186/-2.512] I really screamed when I watched this scene.

[+13.443/-3.726] I know it would be 'eonamtaek'.... ❤

[+12.452/-3.054] I know it would be eonamtaek!!! The winner Taek!! I'm so proud of you ❤

[+11.896/-2.614] Taek~ah you're awesome

[+10.151/-2.231] Taek~ah please don't make my heart stops beating

other perspective from knetz hehehe

1 hour ago, JulieSean said:

Anyone wondered why JH couldn't have confessed to DS one on one rather than in front of his friends? He wanted to get it off his chest but was afraid of affecting their friendship so he changed it into a joke? 

He already noticed the way hyeri was waiting for taek everytime the door opens. he smiles to himself admitting defeat, and changed it into a joke so they wouldn;t get awkward with each other.. that's how i interpret that scene. my opinion :)

Too bad some ppl bashing on jh's character won't stop everyone else from loving him :wub: 61k comments and counting on ryusdb's latest insta post.we are not bashing bogum or taek.and  you guys even got ur desired ending, what are u still pissed abt that u bash jh? Really confusing. 

8 minutes ago, trvasohy said:

He already noticed the way hyeri was waiting for taek everytime the door opens. he smiles to himself admitting defeat, and changed it into a joke so they wouldn;t get awkward with each other.. that's how i interpret that scene. my opinion :)

I know. But why didn't he confessed to her in private.

1 hour ago, bebe1989 said:

Hyeri cried, a real person named hyeri.i repeat, hyeri cried behind the scenes.deoksun wasn't supposed to cry, so they had to stop the shoot bcz HYERI CRIED.RJY IS NOT HYERI'S BESTFRIEND,RJY WAS NOT CONFESSING FOR REAL.IT WAS HYERI WHO CRIED AS HYERI, NOT AS DEOKSUN.

26 minutes ago, boranoona said:

Too bad some ppl bashing on jh's character won't stop everyone else from loving him :wub: 61k comments and counting on ryusdb's latest insta post.we are not bashing bogum or taek.and  you guys even got ur desired ending, what are u still pissed abt that u bash jh? Really confusing. 

some of jh fans are bashing bogum/taek/hyeri/duksun/the writer in other places.. those immature fans is what makes you guys look bad. while I know that not everyone in your ship are like that, but i can't help feeling bad about reading those comments..and that makes some people goes on and on to point out all jh's weakness or characteristic, or clues, to counter their argument.

One of the comments that irritates me the most personally is how they accuse the writer of suddenly changing the ending, because all the facts are not supporting that statement. Been a fan of this writer since 1n2d, I personally also hates when some of JH fans are demanding explanation here and there about all the misleading clues and plotholes. Because if you watch the drama closely, pay attention to every character there, the writer has put all the explanation there.

I always love good actors, and rjy has put an amazing performance that makes me falling in love with him and giddily waiting for his next project. but SOME of his fans just really makes me disappointed. I believe there are more JH fans that's like girlfriday on DB, open-minded and big-hearted fans that are able to judge a drama objectively and enjoy it. And of course, I don't think all this fanwars are going to stop us from loving everyone in Ssangmundong. I'm even interested to see RJY movie with Jisoo, or checking out Coin-locker Girl where GKP and PBG act together before

It is normal for actor/actress who's engrossed to their scene to cry. Park Bogum cries countless times in scene where he's not supposed to cry. This doesn't mean Hyeri as a person herself sad with the endgame not being JH or her heart not being in the script etc etc. She's just touched with the scene that she's supposed to act at that time. I do get that JH-DS shipper want something to console themself for this ending, but please respect Hyeri for not assuming too much that "She shipped JH-DS more than TK-DS" or whatever the thing you guys assume from RJY's V-App. 

I watched the V-App and i feel like RJY is just stating the condition of the filming and how engrossed he is with his character. That doesn't insinuate a situation of "Hyeri hoped JH is the endgame, she's not satisfied with the script, etc etc" or whatever kind of conspiracy theory people throws at her as the main actress. Unless Hyeri herself hold a V-App and told us so.

i agree, please dont bash other character. for me all of reply 1988 characters are precious and unforgettable, seeing them being bashed is like seeing my kittens being kicked, it hurts me.

i truly understand how JS-DH feels about the ending, i guess their main source of disappointment is not because the fact that JH is not the end game, but mainly because there's not enough footage of JH in the last 2 episodes. Actually in R1994, i was rooting so hard for CB (it used to be haitai, but i gave up because i saw no prospect of him to be the husband) and i was soooo pissed because my CB was treated so unfairly. but if i really can choose, i would choose a beautiful poignant ending like JH for my CB instead of that forced ending where CB fell in love with random girl who was a carbon copy of NJ. it is such an insult for me.

However, i hope some of you also consider the feelings of TK-DS shipper. yes we get the girl, yes we get the ending that we desired. but we also face the accusation that the writer changed the script, TK became the end game because he is a flower boy (heck, for me personally, i would choose the face of JH to PBG anytime, cute boy is just not my cup of tea), there is no connection between TK and DS, the development of TK-DS is rushed and strange. these accusations as if imply that TK does not deserve DS, as if we ship TK-DS blindly without any strong basis.

As much as JH-DS shippers treasure their OTP moment and believe that their theories are right, we treasure ours as well, and we also have our own theory. In the end, it's all just the matter of preference, which kind of romance that you can really connect. and there is no exact right or wrong answer for that

Rjy said "hyeri and he talked abt how their first kiss should be.they thought it would be on ep 5" anyways it's pointless arguing here, u guys got ur ship, but seems like u still want to fight.we stated what we thought on our own thread, we never emphasized hyeri or what she thought on the MT.or forced any of u to believe what we think.here we only replied to someone who was confusing deoksun with hyeri as the same person and bashing jh

16 minutes ago, trvasohy said:

some of jh fans are bashing bogum/taek/hyeri/duksun/the writer in other places.. those immature fans is what makes you guys look bad. while I know that not everyone in your ship are like that, but i can't help feeling bad about reading those comments..

One of the comments that irritates me the most personally is how they accuse the writer of suddenly changing the ending, because all the facts are not supporting that statement. I always love good actors, and rjy has put an amazing performance that makes me falling in love with him and giddily waiting for his next project. but SOME of his fans just really makes me disappointed. I believe there are more JH fans that's like girlfriday on DB, open-minded and big-hearted fans that are able to judge a drama objectively and enjoy it.

Then defend them.defend those characters, defending doesn't mean to bash in return.if u bash in return of bashing, then it will put more fuel to the fire and the whole thing will turn into a big mess.why insult or bash jh? If u see my previous comment, i defended junghwan, i didn't bash taek in return bcz they bashed junghwan..

Okay so we're still not moving on...

I might not watch ep 19 anytime soon, but I'm seriously waiting for the subs so I can watch eps 20. I really want to understand the letters written by Bora and by Dong Il...

Does anyone ever realize or come to appreciate how touching the scenes of Sung Dong Il?? He is always so on point, to tug with feelings without exaggerating his act. The part where he silently mouthed to Bora to not cry (Uljima) when they're bowing to him... I want to get to eps 20 to fully appreciate that and the letter they write to each other. 

I hate their ending..!! Not the who eventually became the husband ending, but the ending scenes.. Seeing the old lively and noisy street being empty and abandoned, the sad quietness as the camera walked you through the rooms which we have become very familiar with...the unkept street where Dean Yoo, and Taek's father used to thoughtfully sweeps every morning being neglected. The narration of young Deoksun about parting with half her life memories.....

That just leaves an open hollowness in my heart.. As I realized for the kids in Ssamun-dong the past will not be coming back, and the past will not be answering them back

Archived