[OFFICIAL THREAD 1] Lee Jonghyun ♡ Gong Seungyeon [House Of Brownies]

Reen2you

.. I like what WGM doing with Khuntoria and Youngseo couple- no wedding, no weird games, just photoshoot with wedding outfit.

You know, I think this would have worked out really well for our couple. To this point they have played all real..natural, throwing in these games may be there way to not allow it to get so serious. 

Interesting side thought that just popped into my head while typing above: Does anyone else think that variety show games & JH do not mix? It's just a weird combination. The lightening bolt thought I had was that he told them in the beginning what he wanted in a girl, they've allowed them to progress naturally and it's all been well, but do you think this cheesy style wedding with games is against something he requested in the beginning. He wanted real and natural and then he gets circus style with over animated gameshow host. I can't really see him feeling comfortable or excited about this situation LOL!!! 

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest duisburger

@RainMoon you beat me to that, hon! lol

@flower4junsu I feel your concern and it is true that JH does a lot for SY, too. But why do people always feel that he's the only one putting in everything in this relationship or does it sometimes just come across this way due to the wording?

SY introduced him to her dad even before she went to meet his parents. It must have been a big step for her too, especially since she's the oldest daughter so there is a high possibility this is the first time ever. Also she knew very well that her dad was not happy with the marriage at first. She must have been quite nervous too... So much for the family part.

Naturally SY is a person who cares a lot for her loved ones. She is very meticulous in preparing gifts, food and surprises. She's the girl that naturally makes up for JH's sometimes a little too bold or even odd behavior (and I dont mean that in a bad way because I think it's good to have edges) with out a word of complaining. Also, she is the girl that not just kissed his hand and cheek first but also confessed to him and the whole world that she loves him. From her perspective she is putting just as much effort into this relationship as he is. She is putting HER image on the line as well, we should not forget about this... Up until now, she was always the one taking the bigger risks with her actions if you ask me. She wouldnt do it, if she wasn't that much into him and I believe he knows that very well. They both are very much into each other.

On top of that... what do some of you want SY to wear? She is an actress after all. This is a show. She has to do some promotional work as well. Probably she doesn't even have much of a choice on what she'll be able to wear due to the fact that most clothing is sponsored on WGM.
Should she walk around in a skiing suit in summer? Most people wear skirts like that and even that premier pic from above... it was more sporty than sexy. I agree, the first white dress (from pre we know there will be another wedding dress) was sexy. But in my mind the judging is getting blown out of porportion... This is an outfit for a show after all! Do we really believe that she would walkd down the aisle in that kind of dress if it wasn't for show...? I dont.

What makes me a tad upset is that JH gets to talk about his cheerleader friends and he can watch the girls at the game without much complaint (again I am not angry with him for that; I just dont like so much that this is okay while SY's dress is not for example)... but when his own wife shows her sexy side to the one person she actually should be able to do it by (variety) law it's inappropriate? I think it's the other way around... JH shouldn't have started that "game" by mentioning and watching the cheerleaders... It's the same with Japan hot bath... he comes without shirt and can't foresee that she will be bold enough to match his behaviour... SY simply showed with that dress that she has the whole package. She is not only smart, funny, leaned back and caring... she is - and that was exactly what he wanted - beautiful and can even pull off the hot look too. Perhaps it was a little payback for his way of acting at the game... perhaps it was WGM doing. We will never know for sure and should therefore be very careful with judging.
Anyhow, I find the message of "I want you to only look at me on our wedding day" not that bad at all. We have seen her off the show too and know what she usually wears (privately)... Pants... loose shirt... sneakers... This dress was an exception. We should always remember that although this show is not really skripted (with regards to conversation lines) there are still writers worlking on it to match a loosely created plotline. The scenery will be set by them.

Interestingly I don't hear anyone complaining about JH running around in his boxers on fluttering india... or when he purposely didn't wear a shirt in the hot bath in Japan or while doing judo... Not that I mind but wouldn't SY be in a position to feel bad about his lever of skin showing too as his wife? I mean how many fan girls will be watching his bare chest over and over again?

The way I see it she takes the high road. It's his choice, his career and she respects and trusts him. He should do the same with her. It's okay to be protective and it's okay to care and watch out for her. But he has to know and accept that her job requires a certain amount of sexiness too. In fact, I'm sure he does too.

PS: I keep telling my man to listen to me for so many years now... He still doesnt most of the time... It's the same the other way around. Even so, we are still getting married and this will never be a huge issue for us because when it comes down to it we trust the decisions the other one makes. Isn't it like that in most relationships? You cannot command your partner. You can suggest and discuss. They already do that. The preview shows they are very happy with each other. 

Saying "I can do so and so much for yoz but you have to listen to me" ... like to whatever I say... this is not how a real relationship works if you ask me. Relationships should always be a two-way-road... you meet somewhere in the middle.

You just put in writing so eloquently as what i have in mind. I blame my english class. JH and SY are equal partners in this couple. It goes both ways and no one is more important than the other.

I also think that we kinda blow this 'sexy problem' out of proportion. It might be that JH is just completely fine with it, just a bit surprised.  

@duisburger_stv hey dear.. don't worry about your English! You did well!:D
May I ask which country you're from? Your name sounds familiar...

JH is known to like pretty woman... now he has a pretty woman.. I'm sure he is fine. I guess what actually hit him (since he seems to care much more than he perhaps ever did before) is that other men will notice SY's beautiful appearance and personal charme too and he doesn't really feel all that happy about it. It's completely understandable. What people should never forget though is that SY has just the same fears when it comes to JH and since he is way more famous than here atm it might even be worse.

Ah, these two...:wub:

Love how SY is tempting JH with her little "signs" and JH has to resist with his darnedest, even the kiss...then finally, when bear SY resorts to her secret weapon, the power aegyo wink -- barely being able to close one eye, and JH is finally broken :wub:

Totally like an insider joke... they both know SY has virtually no aegyo, but to see her barely-successful attempt... it's all over

T6sFyd0.gif

Lol.. Correct me if i'm wrong.. After been repeat unaired scene for nth time, i just noticed something (Poor me!) The iphone JH holding after SY ask him about that phone case, is SY iphone, right? because i noticed JH was searching for that phone behind SY while explaining. The funny thing is SY actually didn't noticed her phone already on JH hand afterward continue to search for her phone. Hahaha.. Interesting the look of JH continue playing with her phone like his own..

PS: How i wish, i can explain well, forgive my English..hope you guys can still understand what i'm trying to say here.. :sweatingbullets::D

Guest mcw94

Ah, these two...:wub:

Love how SY is tempting JH with her little "signs" and JH has to resist with his darnedest, even the kiss...then finally, when bear SY resorts to her secret weapon, the power aegyo wink -- barely succeeding in closing one eye, and JH is finally broken :wub:

Totally like an insider joke... they both know SY has virtually no aegyo, but to see her barely-successful attempt... it's all over

CUTE AF! . U can clearly see than JH cant stand it . he had to give in kekekeke..Their level of comfort is really as if they are a real couple, in which i genuinely believe they are. just that they havent announced it. They definitely cant be just friends. I mean, I wouldnt do these kind of things to a 'friend' unless i want to take our relationship to the nxt level. :) JY couple hwaiting~

Guest lexx94_stv

I also found it really sweet when he would not let SY off whenever her shirt would ride up when she raises her arms to pitch. JH really gives off a real boyfriend vibe here.:wub: These two are just the cutest!

Love all the reassuring little skinship/touching and words from JH when SY was visibly nervous before the pitch :wub:

oJmAd2K.jpg

Maybe not as oblivious and lacking sense, after all? :)

Love all the reassuring little skinship/touching and words from JH when SY was visibly nervous before the pitch :wub:

Maybe not as oblivious and lacking sense, after all? :)

@pre love those pics! :D  I LOVED the baseball segment for some big reasons-they were super shippy and adorable thru it all and SY was being more forward about what she liked. I love how she kept turning her face to him even when they were seated so close together. Skinship is obviously less obvious in public but they still seemed incredibly shippy with people around. JH put his arm around her or leaned towards her or against her with no issues whatsoever. And she did the same. I felt like this whole segment signified the equal footing they were on after Busan. Where she was way more comfy now showing him when she wanted him to do something...or just going ahead and touching him or leaning close to him. That's our girlie! JH was so dreamy with her the entire time. :wub:

That said, the editing monkey at MBC still needs to be smacked with a banana. It was very choppy work, especially because the baseball filming was obviously very cute and shippy. I think they deprived us of some good stuff but editing so badly. I would also have loved a bit more after SY had the beer because I bet it was adorable and JH would have teased her like only he can. ;) 

I'm slowly watching the pre wedding bit now...context helps a lot and seeing all of it is so much better than random clips, I can tell you that. Still haven't thought over the wedding bit but I will have an idea or two in a bit, I guess.

@lexx94_stv seeing that helped me add some context to the wedding bit where I was worried JH was a bit different. Evidently our boy is always concerned about how much skin his girlie is showing off, even by accident. I think he will slowly get accustomed to the fact that she will wear short clothing or have bare shoulders or a bare back in either some premiere dress or a show she is in..but right now, its like protective boyfriend mode has kicked in. I was so sure earlier it wasn't the dress that made him a tad different in the wedding scenes. And I am still not sure what it is coz I'm slowly watching that portion. But the baseball scene with a similar situation showed me how he might be seeing the wedding dress. So I think brownies who suspected that might be on to something...heck, I can definitely admit when I am wrong...

What I am happy about though is that their feelings do show through. I would rather that happened and they cleared it up after rather than them not saying anything. JY seem all the more like a real couple because they actually do face these normal issues. More fire for our "they are now more real than reel" theory. ;) 

Guest erin21

Im kinda sad, maybe because im a sucker of wedding photoshoots and intimate/dramatic/sweet and very meaningful wedding. 

I have conflicting thoughts and opinions that i really wanna share with you guys.

1. Sexy dress -i think she has the right to wear one, after all she has the right curves at the right places and give her some sluck for this one... its her wedding after all. here comes my conflicting thought about it, i really think wearing that sexy dress is not SY's choosing, i still see her as a traditional/classic lady, and i think that if she had a chance to choose what to wear on this special day she will definitely choose a classic wedding dress. 

2. JH-eating-not-paying attention-to his -wife - well thats JH when it comes to food. We already know that from yongseo days til busan trip, he will always be quite detached with his surroundings when theres food to eat. This is kinda funny side of him, he cannot think of anything when there are food involve. (See some videos of him its hilarious)

3. funny wedding aka "birthday party" - i hope this kind of wedding is really their choice, then i can accept that... but i was thinking maybe just maybe its not their choice, but it was planned by the pd.you see SY and JH usually go for the classic/traditional. From getting to know, dating at amuzement parks, meeting with frends and parents to proposing... very classic. Im just thinking why will they choose to have a funny wedding?  Another conflicting thought, maybe they choose this kind of wedding because JH And SY are not good with doing things thats not too real, I know all of these are not real , but i think they choose to do the funny games with frends just to show  the closest real thing that they can give.

my romantic dream wedding for them crashed when i saw the preview... no romantic and tear-dropping walking down the aisle with JH compsed song.(please excuse my delusional mind)

On the positive note, we will see cnblue next week. And i think we will laugh with all the games.

i will see this ep as one of the normal and ordinary episode that will help us to appreciate more the bigger and sweeter episodes. I think We really cannot fully appreciate the super sweet episodes if this kind  of episodes are not shown, it kinda balance it all. 

My ranting is kinda long... sorry...

My two cents on the wedding.....

Since this is a show and a "virtual" marriage, I would think if they had a "real" appearance type wedding it would take away from when they actually do have a wedding in real life, this of course is going on speculation that the two are trying to be a "real" couple in the future.  Why not have some fun at the "fake" wedding and save the sweet, lovey dovey, makes us all spazz crazy stuff for the real thing. This is something I feel could happen sometimes, when actors/actresses when they have to play roles where there are marriage scenes....it's like wearing the beautiful dress and all that, even though fake, sort of take away some of that special feeling when their real big day comes I would think. Of course, this is just my opinion :D

back to lurker mode :D

Since this is a show and a "virtual" marriage, I would think if they had a "real" appearance type wedding it would take away from when they actually do have a wedding in real life, this of course is going on speculation that the two are trying to be a "real" couple in the future.  Why not have some fun at the "fake" wedding and save the sweet, lovey dovey, makes us all spazz crazy stuff for the real thing. This is something I feel could happen sometimes, when actors/actresses when they have to play roles where there are marriage scenes....it's like wearing the beautiful dress and all that, even though fake, sort of take away some of that special feeling when their real big day comes I would think. Of course, this is just my opinion :D

I actually kinda love this take on it. :) Because if this pair walks away from this show later on and actually continues on as a couple then they save the best for their real romance and not the show...works for me. ;) Lovely opinion. And why are you lurking? ;) I did that for ages and then jumped in here...join us. I certainly loved your insightful comment here. :D 

And having seen the pre-wedding bit properly now (at least once) it doesn't feel half as different as it did when I saw the clips today. I feel JH is just a tad reserved but it could be a great many things contributing to it...one being nerves. He's not the sort to usually do the kind of wedding they did here so maybe he was a bit on edge about that. I will have to re watch again tomorrow and see. Plus translations and subs do a world of good coz I have nothing to go by here other than key words and body language/smiles and gestures... :P 

He did take her hand and it did get cute esp when they looked at that video greeting from JinGoo. He even sneaked a little glance at her thru his sunglasses, lol. MBC's editing monkey seems to like to worry us. I'm going to wait for subs to read what was actually said. Coz for all I know JH seemed quieter or reserved but said some amazing things that I am unaware of.  Now its over to our fantastic B.E.S.T team and their skills. We brownies will wait patiently.

BTW @chagushu thank you for the JY cut of today's epy! :D Once again you're the lifesaver who spares me dl'ing the whole epy...

Guest Hickk

yeah agreed. A few of us feel this way, altHough I'm surprised they even skipped the pictorial. Well, JH of all people would know (from watching) that you do get the feels even from just doing a wedding pictorial (with that special someone)

He shared the proposal with us, but he won't share all the special wedding day feels with us. 

Going with this train of thought, I don't want to see any wedding vows or ring ceremony next week, LOL.

...Although their earlier talks are also partly to blame because they kinda gave the impression of going for somethig big.

Guest AoiYagami

Another Saturday, another day in my office, another moment to gush to you wonderful guys about yesterday's episode. Hehehe.

@pre nice caps.

I really hope everyone has calmed down about this weeks episode. In all honesty, we were all bound to be a bit disappointed. Last week's episode, as some of you have pointed out, was PERFECT! SO GOOD! The only thing that would have topped it is if a) the just started making out or b ) he asked her out for real! 

This weeks episode was still sweet with plenty of love. 

Also, I've discussed this in detail before about him covering up SY before but I wanted to add more in hopes of easing your hearts! 

1. IT WAS PROBABLY COLD!!! SERIOUSLY GUYS!!! Look at the shot as shes walking down the stairs. Look at the reflections of glass everywhere. Overcast. Clouds everywhere. Bless this couple for making their dreams come true to have an outdoor wedding while it was cold out. This is JH we are talking about. MR. CLASSICS ARE FOREVER! Putting your jacket on your girl is romance 101. Kindergarten stuff. There is a reason why people still do this. It's romantic! I'm sure SY was enjoying it because it was like being wrapped around JH arms and still looking at him. He probably has a fantasy of this in his head and this was a perfect time to fulfill it. 

2. HIS SHIRT! This was also probably WGM orchestrating a conversation to talk about JH wearing the shirt SY made. If you look at the clip of her making the shirts, there are multiple of them. I think each one has a kiss mark somewhere special. The one that JH decided to wear is the one on his heart. HAHA! In order for the audience to see the mark, he would have to take off the shirt.

3. SY LIKES JH IN A WHITE SHIRT! There are multiple times where SY comments on him wearing a white shirt. This manwha reading girl fan fantasizes about a basketball playing oppa from school. She likes it. I've talked about this before and I still think it holds true.

4. HE'S TRYING TO CONTROL HIMSELF!: I've gone over this before but it's a point still to make. SY was sexy and we have wolfie JH on the edge of barely controlling himself. HAHA! 

5. PROTECTING HIS WIFE'S IMAGE!  This one will require a bit of time to explain and after a while made a lot of sense to me. JH and SY are involved in an extremely conservative social/internet culture that scrutinizes EVERYTHING! The terror of netizens and all that. JH, being a vet, knows this. As someone  who's been a long time SNSD (fan, and more specifically, a Tiffany SNSD fan, you hear a lot of garbage comments being thrown around about slutty this or trashy that. It's stupid. JH wouldn't want a prying eye or dumb camera man having a bad shot of SY for netizens to bash about. And there are multiple examples of him in WGM and outside of WGM protecting girls around him so that they keep their image. Look at the interview with SeolHyun from AOA about how JH has been approached by guys to introduce them to her. He's just looking out for his dongseng. No need for scandals. He wants SY to be successful in life and keeping that pure image she has makes her marketable in the Korean industry. Of course, you usually put the jacket on the girls legs, but given my point 1, I think over the shoulders would make more sense. I mean, come on! Whats more romanitc? Putting your jacket over your girl's shoulders or legs? Classics are forever! 

As for the lack of skinship in the PRE-WEDDING part!

6. NERVES!  Just straight up nervous. Pre wedding gitters so to speak. EDIT:@happy2bhere: GOOD POINT!

7. HE WANTS TO LOOK AT HER! Sometimes art can't be appreciated up close. There are times where you need to take a step back and take the whole thing in. This is why he seemed a bit stand off-ish and not hugging her. He's leaning back an admiring her. He did the same sort of thing when they did the photoshoot. When her whole outfit was done and she had make up and everything, he took a second to step back and just look at her. Now, imagine JH head when he sees his pretty wife in an outfit like that! HE'S GOING TO WANT TO LOOK AT IT FOREVER! This is also goes along with point 4 I made. All that bare skin and JH being a mountain of uncontrollable urges he is trying to hold back. :wub:

The final thing about her changing dresses because of JH wanting to control what she wears...

8. WHO SHOWS THEIR HUSBAND THEIR WEDDING DRESS BEFORE THE WEDDING!?!?!?!?!?!?!! YOU NEVER SHOW THE WEDDING DRESS BEFORE THE WEDDING! CLASSICS ARE FOREVER MAN! SY was wearing a more traditional puffy skirt wedding dress in the preview VS the cocktail white dress of this weeks episode. Plain and simple. It's bad luck to do so. As someone who's participated in many weddings as a photographer, that is like the number 1 goal of the couple is to not see the wedding dress before the dang thing. I've gone to many weddings where the wife will wear multiple dresses for the day. I'm sure this was a similar thing. And this is a show with many sponsors, I'm sure there was some input about her dress from the show runners. 

UGH! SO MUCH THOUGHTS! I think that was everything about that whole thing. I hope so anyway. Seriously guys, there was a lot of skinship and love to go around. Just bad editing and camera work. Nothing to fret about. Lots of love to go around! Hopefully you guys enjoyed reading my thoughts!!! 

And you guys, please check out that preview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrqDx5EbNhA I'm so HYPED!!! 

AND MORE CHOA!!! ARGHH!! YES! I"M SO HAPPY!!! 

Guest Elzabar

.. I like what WGM doing with Khuntoria and Youngseo couple- no wedding, no weird games, just photoshoot with wedding outfit.

You know, I think this would have worked out really well for our couple. To this point they have played all real..natural, throwing in these games may be there way to not allow it to get so serious. 

Interesting side thought that just popped into my head while typing above: Does anyone else think that variety show games & JH do not mix? It's just a weird combination. The lightening bolt thought I had was that he told them in the beginning what he wanted in a girl, they've allowed them to progress naturally and it's all been well, but do you think this cheesy style wedding with games is against something he requested in the beginning. He wanted real and natural and then he gets circus style with over animated gameshow host. I can't really see him feeling comfortable or excited about this situation LOL!!! 

Actually, JH has been in many episodes of the Running Man. In fact, he is one of the top 2 or 3 in terms of frequency due to the fact that he does not mind physical activities despite being an Idol / celebrity. The most memorable was when he was in with Kim Woo Bin and they both did quite well in the Tag Game where you need to strip off opponents names.

I watched the preview for next episode for his mannerisms and I think he was explained why it was done that way and I think it was ok with it. If you watch the latest couple wedding which was the Solim Couple, even they did a weird dog dance tail wagging..... I think its just the way WGM does it so that people realize that IT IS a fake wedding. 

The MC that usually sits next to BTOB's Eunkwang is in fact famous for hosting game show events for WGM. I hope they can finally do one in the near future for the current 3 couples. The prizes are quite fun such as a bungee jumping couples package, jet ski packages, etc. I think our BEC would do quite well. 

JH can find solace that his REAL wedding will probably be very grand and classic (memorable)...

Guest chagushu

tumblr_nrcd3qzOds1qcpbjyo2_400.giftumblr_nrcd3qzOds1qcpbjyo1_400.gif

tumblr_nrcd3qzOds1qcpbjyo4_400.giftumblr_nrcd3qzOds1qcpbjyo3_400.gif

tumblr_nrcd3qzOds1qcpbjyo5_400.giftumblr_nrcd3qzOds1qcpbjyo8_400.gif

tumblr_nrcd3qzOds1qcpbjyo6_r1_400.giftumblr_nrcd3qzOds1qcpbjyo7_400.gif

To people who thinks Eric Nam doesn't like 02 couple, I don't know where were you get that idea from but... look at the last gif, he's the one who was standing and gave the most applause to them.

Also, I've discussed this in detail before about him covering up SY before but I wanted to add more in hopes of easing your hearts! 

1. IT WAS PROBABLY COLD!!! SERIOUSLY GUYS!!! Look at the shot as shes walking down the stairs MR. CLASSICS ARE FOREVER! Putting your jacket on your girl is romance 101. Kindergarten stuff. 

2. HIS SHIRT! This was also probably WGM orchestrating a conversation to talk about JH wearing the shirt SY made.

3. SY LIKES JH IN A WHITE SHIRT! 

4. HE'S TRYING TO CONTROL HIMSELF!: I've gone over this before but it's a point still to make. SY was sexy and we have wolfie JH on the edge of barely controlling himself. HAHA! 

5. PROTECTING HIS WIFE'S IMAGE!  This one will require a bit of time to explain and after a while made a lot of sense to me. JH and SY are involved in an extremely conservative social/internet culture that scrutinizes EVERYTHING! The terror of netizens and all that. JH, being a vet, knows this. 

As for the lack of skinship in the PRE-WEDDING part!

6. NERVES!  Just straight up nervous. Pre wedding gitters so to speak. (I don't quite agree...it's possible, but since it was not set up as a real wedding I don't think he is that nervous about this. )

7. HE WANTS TO LOOK AT HER! Sometimes art can't be appreciated up close. There are times where you need to take a step back and take the whole thing in.

8. WHO SHOWS THEIR HUSBAND THEIR WEDDING DRESS BEFORE THE WEDDING!?!?!?!?!?!?!! YOU NEVER SHOW THE WEDDING DRESS BEFORE THE WEDDING! CLASSICS ARE FOREVER MAN! SY was wearing a more traditional puffy skirt wedding dress in the preview VS the cocktail white dress of this weeks episode.

I LIKE YOUR FRESH APPROACH!  :D  Some I agree with and love how it was all said. Her puffy skirt afterwards was not something they suddenly found to put on her...the sexy dress was meant for JH and to get a reaction out of him! They did it on purpose! They knew they would make her more conservative for the actually guests. 

Now I'm seriously going to cut him some slack because I realized something. There are times when my husband just has something on his mind. I find myself doing the SY and touching his arm etc. to lighten the mood. Sometimes he needs to be "taken care of" for whatever is bugging him. I don't get upset that he isn't touching me back because the situation isn't meant for that. This may be one of those same type of moments, she is trying to change the atmosphere for him.  

Guest AoiYagami

To people who thinks Eric Nam doesn't like 02 couple, I don't know where were you get that idea from but... look at the last gif, he's the one who was standing and gave the most applause to them.

NICE PICS! 

I personally don't think Eric doesn't like them, rather it makes him depressed to see this happy couple because he is single. I'm sure in general, he wants nothing more then the best for this couple.

Archived