[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

phoung

iSK said: Sup,
I've been lurking for ages in this thread - you might've seen me on justin tv chat as iStarKast/Istarkast.

Just thought I'd register in case I wanted to vent about this series on the forums. (~_^)
It really is driving me absolutely bat-richard simmons. After seeing the not overwhelmingly positive preview for episode 39 I've decided to put the series on hold for now... that is, until I hear news that everything is going well for JH&SS then I'll catch up and carry on watching. Otherwise it's just too stressful with YA on the prowl. Ever since episode 37 I feel stressed in my daily life because of this bloody show, it's ridiculous. ㅆhis hasn't happened to me before with a drama rofl.

I'll check back here for updates on whether it's alright to come out of hiding and watch this series again lol.

• Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest maejm

I have watched enough weekend/daily makjang dramas to prepare for the worst: YA will continue to wreak havoc til her ultimate downfall in ep49.

I have already endured these shixxy depressing weeks ( ep 20something- ep29) and survived.

@maejm Yeah, I agree. I've watched so many of those weekend dramas too, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if that were to happen. Because it's happened so many times. Unless the writer just surprises us somehow, lol. I rather YA not do this ridiculousness until the very end, but I have a bad feeling about this.
This is off-topic but the other weekend family k-drama I finished back in April of this year, "My Love, Madame Butterfly" the character Seol-Ah was pretty much evil all the way until the very last episode (Ep 51) where the other main characters became okay with her. And also the other annoying characters all of a sudden were happy in the last episode. I facepalmed so much at the last episode, because there wasn't enough main couple moments, instead the last episode was mostly spent on showing how the evil/bad character turned "good/okay". I mean really? She was bad for like 50 episodes (doing everything in her power to ruin people's lives), and only on the last episode does she make some miraculous change. Ugh.
Gah okay, I'll stop ranting about that drama, because it still makes me irritated considering I waited 51 episodes for the main couple moments only to be disappointed at how rushed it was. I'm hoping that won't happen for this drama lol. If I don't get more JH and SS moments I will scream haha.

What would irritate me is all of this stupid build up to JH/SS starting to date at the very end of ep50. Like, jesus richard simmons christ, come the richard simmons on you writer twat.
We want to have a decent chunk of time with JH/SS being happy together...
The only thing that would annoy me more than having very little time with them together is if they pulled a fast one on my like at the end of IRIS. The distress caused by the ending of that will probably haunt me forever, I richard simmons you not.

Wouldn't it be an amazing twist if the writer of this series turned out to be Richard Simmons operating under a korean pen-name?
 - Directed by M. Night Shyamalan

Guest maejm

this is off topic but..
MY mom loves Eugene, she made me watch " a hundred year's lagecy" with her. OMG it's the ultimate shitxy makjang. after the main couple get together, sometimes they don't even meet in one episode, only have a 10 seconds phone call . after they decided to get married, it's revealed that there's a birth secret and the male lead's mom overdosed, the female lead became a runaway bride, the male lead got in coma because of a car crash...
about the ending, it's exactly like @Ayame described "the last episode was mostly spent on showing how the evil/bad character turned "good/okay"

sooo not want YTBLSS to end like that...

@iSK
it wouldnt surprise me at all hahhah.
@maejm
i drop  that crapp drama like a bad habit  after ep 27 when the useless yu rior something cant remeber her just got.on.my nerves..they even soo far with male lead accused the girl Eugene she's two faced ..even he knew her so well..it killed all the love i had.for that couple..if JH does that to SS after all this..i think i'll go crazyy..it was crazy drama.27ep full of non sense..same story.. and yelling..i hope the director won't make this horse teeth b** like her only 10 left.. 

atilia said: akinahana89 said:Well, you know... someone has to keep this thread entertaining. While the other @someone and @someone is MIA, why not @atilia and I take over? :))

akinahana89 said:
Sure... if I was ET. :)) :)) :)) LOL

Luckily, that's not JH's style and JH is who you are supposedly mad at.
(Madly in looooove, maybe? :x Keke~ )

Fine, can you comment on these two? :-w
1. You called me @someone first.
What else was I supposed to do?
It's not like I said, "Hey @atilia, call me @someone from now on."
=))

2. Keywords, my chingu.
"Luckily" and "supposedly."
:))

edensor said:

akinahana89

wrote:

»

I've already admitted to you once before during our debate.<br />

I guess you didn't realize?

=))

<br />

<br />

Whether or not there is a pillow under JJS's shirt doesn't change the fact that I think the bed scene is perfect! The emotions, actions, and mood was pure perfection and definitely the best bed scene I've seen in all my kdrama years. I am just curious to know if there is or not and why they thought it necessary if there was one... because I can't think of a single reason.

:))

I think there is only ONE explanation about that mysterious things on Junho's stomache. Ready???

*whispering*

I think its because that is Junho's sensitives area. You know.. That up-front body and its too risky if IU touch that sensitives area with her hand. IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN... :-"
Kekeke.
How could I not know what you mean?
Maybe that is why! :)) :))
I love how byeontae we all are.

=))

JJS and IU are such great actors with awesome daebak chemistry... I don't want their performance be let down by bad writing >< but what to do?
Otoke otoke otoke??? ~X(
I'm fine with YA or MR turning good towards the end but only if they go through the LOWEST TOUGHEST points of their lives spread over at least 5 episodes while JH and SS concurrently build up their romance and show how Lee Soon Shin is the BEST... and then slowly leading to the resolution and happy ending  [-O<

Fidelity said: annamchoi said: Ep 39 written preview...@Fidelity kindly translate... Thanks! Thanks for the tag!

Translation:

Soonshin, who has seen the scandal headlines, is further upset at the filming scene when she witnesses Yeona receiving congratulations. Junho notices this and tries to excuse himself to Soonshin, but she just walks away. Yooshin is assigned a new project at work and asks to delay the wedding, and Giljae approves, hoping for this to be an opportunity to split the two. However, Chanwoo proposes to have the wedding happen immediately. Meanwhile, Sujeong finds out that Miryung will be acting as the hospital's makeup model and lashes out to her. Miryung is furious meets Donghyuk (Junho's dad) on purpose...
Thanks for translating @Fidelity!

I will be keeping positive about the next episode as it seems like JH is trying to explain the situation to SS. He doesn't appear, from the written preview, like he wants to help YA with the scandal. She is the only one soaking up the attention. I hope the episode will concentrate more on SS and JH's conflict rather than CW and YS though. And MR... tsk tsk... When will she learn?! [-X

maejm said:
I have watched enough weekend/daily makjang dramas to prepare for the worst: YA will continue to wreak havoc til her ultimate downfall in ep49.

I have already endured these shixxy depressing weeks ( ep 20something- ep29) and survived.

lovelyJihan said: Layali said: wae?? what is this? JH met wench for what? to do what? stare at her horse richard simmons face? he didn't clarify his position that "THEY ARE OVERR" ?? Whoaa..he is one incompetent CEO who can't even prevent ugly rumors against himself . then why did he meet wench first? if not to clear up his name? why make uri  pretty SS stood up cafe ?  now everyone is congratulating wench ..now everyone on set will blame SS for stealing JH from wench(when they eventually begin to date in epi 50 ;;) I'm so overflowing  with hulk-level rage that if JH keeps up with his incompetency  @ lovelyJihan I don't want him for chaand raat.You keep him becoz I might pickle him if i get my hands on him.at this stage I don't blame wench..she's doing her despicable job.its JH who's not doing his and also IS. If he had told JH what wench did ..perhaps JH might have been more wary of her motives.now all blunders of IS come to bite JH. uri SS..sadness ..when  will it be over??  >:)  >:)  ohmyygod soo truee, whaahhh this guy really,he's absolutely crazy it's really sound that he didn't tell the wench they are over loong time ago, mamma mia whattta!!! and u right if that is teh case why blame the wench, this CEO is like the worst CEO characer in  k-drama when it comes power..he has NONE!!!!!!!!! But JH did tell YA they were over, YA is just being stupid and stubborn and unable to accept the fact that he had moved on.
When they were at Drop Top Cafe, YA admitted to still having feelings for JH and she felt that he still had feelings for her, which is why they made the bet. She asked JH if he wanted to get back together with her because she realized she still loves him.
JH told her that she was mistaken. The bet was never about his feelings for her because he doesn't have any for her anymore. The bet was only about proving a point (aka, his pride) - that she looked down on him for thinking he had no abilities when he really did. He said he wasn't stupid enough to fall for it again.

atilia said:

@AloBaro I don't think our argument is getting out of hands. This is our usual banter with no hard feelings involved, right @someonehana89 ? ;) And please don't call me @someonelia. I don't like it.  X(

LOL...kidding :) :)) But I appreciate that you side with me :D

Kekeke. Of course no hard feelings, @atilia. >:D<
We are just two chingus who have fun with friendly banters. :)) :))

AlobAro said: @someonelia said:

@AloBaro I don't think our argument is getting out of hands. This is our usual banter with no hard feelings involved, right @someonehana89 ? ;) And please don't call me @someonelia. I don't like it.  X(

LOL...kidding :) :)) But I appreciate that you side with me :D

Why do I feel that a lot of people here are turning into JH's haters this Saturday? :-? 

Regardless, I approve! >:)

oh..!!.. i side with u unintentionally.. i don't know that u are the one who says that JH is not handsome.. if that is the case, i change side.. i say that JH is handsome.. (as if.. haha..).. this will make that not lovely @someone happy i think..

well, happy arguing to @someonehana89 n @someonelia.. i'll be watching n enjoying ur friendly banter by the sideline..
Dear @AlobAro, you are very funny. :)) :)) Thanks for your input. lol.

Archived