Wasians/Wannabe Asians.

Guest harako

Guest keriannx3

idunno if anyone posted this up but i love it:

Yellow Rage - Def Poetry Jam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi2LoWPImZE

&i really just hate the otaku idiots who just say random typical japanese words like SUGOIII!! KAWAII!! at everything.

i don't mind ppl who like the asian stuff like clothing styles or whatever. it's just that ppl like the random word sayin japanese wannabe ppl who only like the anime/manga and not japanese stuff itself and have no real respect for it pisses me off.

other than that, i have no problems with asian-lovers :]

unless they completely abandon/are ashamed of/pretend they're not of their own culture, which sucks and is so disrespectful :[

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xTwilight

Aren't such considered to be that of the Western Culture? How can we justify our indulgence in these 'foreign' experiences when it is not deemed appropriate for a Hispanic to wear Circle Lens, collect Gundam figures and speak Japanese?

No one said it wasn't appropriate for hispanics to collect gundam figures and speak japanese. They are against the idea of a hispanic (or any non-japanese for that matter) throwing KAWAII at the beginning, middle, and end of every other line. That's quite different from watching family guy.

But if you want, we can discuss how it's wrong to walk a certain way because coincidentally x people walk that way.

Or wear suits.

If we detest people of non-Asian heritage to adopt 'our' culture so much, then why are people of Asian descent ridiculed for their dedication in their own culture? Why should such people be coined as 'FOB'? Is it because they are unfamiliar with the American culture?

Because those that are criticizing people in this manner are americans-in-denial.

That's a given. You don't see asians calling themselves FOB.

But then again, why should they appreciate the American culture? Aren't they Asian? Wouldn't they be considered as 'Wannabe American' if they try to adopt a tradition that is not theirs?

Exactly. Most asian-americans here claim they are FOB and wish they were FOB like "real asians".

Guest EHNerJI

to me, it just gets annoying when they don't realize that not EVERY asian person is japanese, chinese, korean etc... & they'll go up to a chinese person and be like "KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" and start speaking japanese to them... ahhh i just experienced something like this... rofl and when they think they're cool by doing it too.... -______________-

there was this girl in my class last yr... omg so annoyinggg she'd ALWAYSSSSSS say all those little terms like kawaii, sugoi, baka..... etc.... and she'd say things that didn't make sense like... "you're SOOOO baka!!!" i was like... omg kill me -___- & for our grad she said she wanted to wear a kimono.... i was like kayyyy seriously... do you even know how much those cost?!! ahhh it was quite amusing though..

there's nothing wrong with liking asian culture.. but when you take it too far..... ahhh @.@

Guest Daikirai

You don't see asians calling themselves FOB.

Where have you been? So many Asians call themselves fobs.

I know a girl that acknowledges she's a fob and always calls herself a fob. All she talks about is fobs.

Guest xTwilight

Where have you been? So many Asians call themselves fobs.

I know a girl that acknowledges she's a fob and always calls herself a fob. All she talks about is fobs.

I'm not talking about americans.

Guest krnbabi319

there's this girl in my japanese class who's so wapanese as my friends like to put it. her real name is kristine mihin but she tells everyone that her name is Hikaru and she gets mad when substitute teachers call her kristina. she also thinks she's the best in my class and she pronounces ~desu like ~days. i was WTF.

Guest the_azn_way

Holy mini cooper, today I was on a field trip and this white guy was talking to me and my friends saying Asians were "Grade A citizens"? And I was like "Uhh..that's a steriotype...." and then he said that if we're pure then we're like amazing or w/e . Then I was like "Not only is that not true, but I'm not pure, I'm half". Then he was like "I feel sorry for you". Now, wapanese are my ultimate pet peeve...even though I'm half they still worship the ground I walk on because I look azn and I lived there. So anyways I started screaming at him and saying that he wasn't asian at all, doesn't speak the language, has no direct ties to the country, would look like a moron wannabe if he went there spouting out the idiotic things he does about asians, and that he can never be assimilated racially into a culture he is not racially a part of. It's different culturally if you're normal...like, if you try adapting t another culture in a natural way and accept it as what it is - a culture. He thinks being asian is some kind of god-sent superpower or something, and with that bigoted thinking he will never be accepted. Anyways, I made him cry. And I'm fcking glad. I would do it again. I couldn't believe he had the nerve to say what he did to me (being not pure azn is bad and pure azns are all high class citizens? ROT IN HELL)

Guest sheisadreamer

&i really just hate the otaku idiots who just say random typical japanese words like SUGOIII!! KAWAII!! at everything.

i don't mind ppl who like the asian stuff like clothing styles or whatever. it's just that ppl like the random word sayin japanese wannabe ppl who only like the anime/manga and not japanese stuff itself and have no real respect for it pisses me off.

other than that, i have no problems with asian-lovers :]

unless they completely abandon/are ashamed of/pretend they're not of their own culture, which sucks and is so disrespectful :[

damnn i had so many of those in my japanese class. it was soo effin annoying. they make their voice all high and its like...no, dammit STOPPPP ur making urself look like an idiot. but hey, i guess the good thing was me & my friend always had something to laugh at in that class. =] lol.

anywho...

gwen stefani & tom cruise: wasian!! hahaha ok jk.

Guest AppleLove

They're not too bad. Nothing against them.

It's like people trying to be black (asians too) and using the terms 'homie. Homegirl, homeboy..' and etc

Guest viffaye

this guy always calls me a japanese wannabe jst cos i was jdramas

nd im like wtf how is that japanese wannabe

nd this dude called me korean wannabe cos i dyed my hair light brown .. oO "

nd im like wtf, aussies do that too, so wtf is he on about

theyre so stupid far out

but im asian, i never met a 'wasian' ?

Guest Love Virus

i thuoght wasians were halfies

there's a girl who is like obssesed over japanese culture and i agree that it's sad she doesn't really seem to have much pride in her own culture

i rememebr once i was like "why are you talking about makeup so much"

and her response was "because that's what the Japanese gals talk about all the time"

you have no idea how effed up that is

Guest happykiss

I can stand these people because I don't meet them

I will never make a friend with them

but what I hate is looking on a website like

livejournal or facebook, myspace, whatever

and the people who wannabe asian...

they will photoshop their eyes and skin and hair

to look more asian!! omg~! and its different in

every picture!!! hahahaha

I hate these people!

Guest Star*Eun Ji

ARGHH I HATE PPLZ LIKE DAT.. but i think its cool for the people who are non asian to like asian stuff.. as long as they dont use like.. .aiya, kawai, gomen, blah blah.. u noe...

my frend is not asian at all..... n he lies to every1 hes half japanese n says like... kawaii.n those japanese words...

thats wat i call sad.

Guest OukaKioshi

its cool that they're interested in our asian culture.. but sometimes its just annoyingg and its like..

yeahh XD haha everyone seems to have the same idea =P haha

Guest kawaiimonstarr

anyways, im asian so im not an asian wannabe.

well there's this african american kid and he likes to follow me.

he says he can speak japanese and he knows nothing.

he listens to asian music only and he says that black people are so dumb.

he's glad he's not like them and proud to have so many asian friends.

he gets on my nerves and he's a freshman!! ughh! how annoying is that!

Guest kawaiimonstarr

anyways, im asian so im not an asian wannabe.

well there's this african american kid and he likes to follow me.

he says he can speak japanese and he knows nothing.

he listens to asian music only and he says that black people are so dumb.

he's glad he's not like them and proud to have so many asian friends.

he gets on my nerves and he's a freshman!! ughh! how annoying is that!

hahah funnie, but i know watcha mean. I know a few people that changes the way they talk when they talk to me. Like they wanna be cool too! hahaha...I not saying that i'm cool, but they can just talk normaling to me and it's fine, but the i'm asian on the inside or was an asian in my past life just get to me...just be yourself. i'll be your friend either way. :)

I just have a question

people get upset when non asians can't tell asians apart (I'd be a lil upset too)

but can asian people really tell the difference between an african american and a jamaican?

or a dominican and a puerto rican?? or an australian and a german?

On soompi I always hear asian people calling all latinos mexicans and all people with brown skin african american when all of us are not african american, sometimes they are jamaican, or haitan, even puerto rican.

So sometimes I feel like the people on soompi are a lil hypocritcal.

But how come people can't shout out "Kawaii!!" if they wanted too?

I always hear japanese people saying "Good Morning!!!" or "So cool!"

randomly but no one gets upset over that.

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

chinese / vietnamese people who try to be korean = annnnnnnnnnnnnnnoying

worse than "wasians"

my friend (korean) said that's why alot of koreans don't like chinese people, and it's our fault LOL.

OK

YOU.

THINK ABOUT IT.

If a child copies things you do and like the things you like, you think that's flattering.

People like the Korean culture.

Let them be. They have identity issues.

So be it.

BE FLATTERED.

- They aren't intentionally doing it to make us look like fools

- They aren't making fun of us.

LEAVE THEM ALONE.

Wow, do we have THAT much time to spend to criticize people like that?

Archived