25f3bs9.jpg

Details:

Title: 當旺爸爸 / Dang Wong Ba Ba

English title: Daddy Good Deeds

Producer: Mui Siu Ching

Genre: Modern Comedy

Episodes: 20

Production Company: TVB

Broadcast period: March 19 - Apirl 13 (Replacing The Hippocratic Crush On Call 36 小時)

Synopsis:

Pawn shop owner KO YEE MAN (Ha Yu) often upholds the 'emergency assistance' spirit, there will always be solutions to everything in life, with exception of his three beloved children. Being the 24/7 father is gives him the greatest headache. Oldest son KO WAI TING (Evergreen Mak) and his wife WAN YUN HAN (Nancy Wu) are a very loving couple, but their careers trip them up. Second daughter KO YUE CHU (Linda Chung) almost became the third party in a relationship, but was fortunate enough that her bickering friend LAM FAT (Steven Ma) was there to pull her back up on her feet. As for youngest daughter KO YUE BO (Cilia Lok), she is completely a fast and dodgey person. She only knows how to chit-chat day and night, and have no integrity.

Cast:

Ha Yu (夏雨)

Steven Ma (馬浚偉)

Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣)

Evergreen Mak (麥長青)

Nancy Wu (胡定欣)

Cilla Lok (樂瞳)

Chris Lai (黎諾懿)

Edwin Siu (蕭正楠)

Synopsis:

Pawn shop owner KO YEE MAN (Ha Yu) often upholds the 'emergency assistance' spirit, there will always be solutions to everything in life, with exception of his three beloved children. Being the 24/7 father is gives him the greatest headache. Oldest son KO WAI TING (Evergreen Mak) and his wife WAN YUN HAN (Nancy Wu) are a very loving couple, but their careers trip them up. Second daughter KO YUE CHU (Linda Chung) almost became the third party in a relationship, but was fortunate enough that her bickering friend LAM FAT (Steven Ma) was there to pull her back up on her feet. As for youngest daughter KO YUE BO (Cilia Lok), she is completely a fast and dodgey person. She only knows how to chit-chat day and night, and have no integrity.

I was really looking forward to this drama the moment I heard about it. Steven and Linda is a refreshing couple and I like that. It's a pity that this is also Steven's last TVB drama. The overall storyline is interesting and ah, I'm really going to miss Steven after this. I also heard the ratings were really good after the first episode. I can't wait until it comes out in USLT.

Ahh I really like this drama! Started watching it yesterday and am all caught up with the 5 episodes! Mmm, I really like Nancy Wu in this...she was such a b**** in the curse of the royal harem!

Ah, this is Steven Ma's last TVB drama? I haven't seen him in a drama for so long and this is his last one...=/ this sucks

Ahh I really like this drama! Started watching it yesterday and am all caught up with the 5 episodes! Mmm, I really like Nancy Wu in this...she was such a b**** in the curse of the royal harem!

Ah, this is Steven Ma's last TVB drama? I haven't seen him in a drama for so long and this is his last one...=/ this sucks

Yes this is his last drama with TVB. He terminated his contract early due to TVB stopping him from filming in mainland (they let others like Kevin, Bosco, Raymond) go film up there with no problem but Steven they didn't. A director wanted Steven for this one role and TVB without asking Steven deny it and that push the last button. Steven did mention that he has alot of projects now in mainland but he wouldn't rule out working with TVB again. He might sign a per series contract with TVB like Charmaine

anyways I'm watching this drama and love it! So happy Steven's last drama is lighthearted and warm ^_^. really love his bickering with Linda most of the time haha

Yes this is his last drama with TVB. He terminated his contract early due to TVB stopping him from filming in mainland (they let others like Kevin, Bosco, Raymond) go film up there with no problem but Steven they didn't. A director wanted Steven for this one role and TVB without asking Steven deny it and that push the last button. Steven did mention that he has alot of projects now in mainland but he wouldn't rule out working with TVB again. He might sign a per series contract with TVB like Charmaine

Oh dang, I didn't know that was the reason for why he wasn't terminating his contract...it's pretty messed up for them not to let Steven film in mainland (where they make a ton more) but let other TVB actors...

I cried at the end of ep 10! It was so sweet! I wonder if the younger sister will be famous because of this...

Guest littlemermaid_

@anjerlaninja Omg me too! It was so emotional! tears.gif

I'm loving this drama, its so light hearted and funny! And not to mention the cast, always loved Steven and Linda's collaborations!  biggrin.gif 

I also like how the storyline revolves around family, and does anyone else think this drama reminds them a bit of Moonlight Resonance? 

TVB Rating Reports (26/03/2012 - 01/04/2012)

Source: Oriental Daily, CSM

Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

TVB Rating Reports (26/03/2012 - 01/04/2012)

Dramas

Queens of Diamond and Hearts Finale - 東西攻略大結局 (EPS 24-25 - 2HRS SUNDAY) - 36 PTS (Peaking at 40 PTS)

Daddy Good Deeds - 當旺爸爸 (EPS 06-10) - 30 PTS (Peaking at 32 PTS)

Queens of Diamond and Hearts - 東西攻略 (EPS 19-23) - 29 PTS

Til Love Do Us Lie - 结.分@谎情式 (EPS 101-105) - 25 PTS

Variety Shows

Cook Away Lady - May姐有请 (EP 21) - 22 PTS

Neighborhood Treasures 4 - 千奇百趣高B班 (EP 04) - 21 PTS

Note

- QDH's finale had a major 12 point increase compared to last Sunday's ratings.

- QDH's finale peaked at 10:57pm, right at the happy ending.

- 'Daddy Good Deeds' received 2 complaints, viewers were displeased that the series encourages spoiling of children.

(CSM Media Research: 1 point represents 64,070 viewers)

TVB Rating Reports (02/04/2012 - 08/04/2012)

Source: CSM

Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Dramas

Daddy Good Deeds - 當旺爸爸 (EPS 11-15) - 29 PTS (Peaking at 32 PTS)

The Greatness of a Hero - 盛世仁杰 (EPS 01-05) - 28 PTS

Til Love Do Us Lie - 结.分@谎情式 (EPS 106-110) - 24 PTS

*FYI: There are no ratings for 'Sergeant Tabloid 女警愛作戰' because it is not airing in HK.

Variety Shows

Battle of the Senses - 五覺大戰 (EP 07) - 22 PTS

Cook Away Lady - May姐有请 (EP 22) - 21 PTS

Neighborhood Treasures 4 - 千奇百趣高B班 (EP 06) - 19 PTS

Coffee Confidential II - 品味咖啡 (EP 04) - 15 PTS

Note

- The ratings during the prime time hours dropped due to the Easter holiday.

(CSM Media Research: 1 point represents 64,070 viewers)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Justalilodreamer

I think this is one of the best tvb series i've seen in YEARS. The cast, humor, characters, pacing...all great!! I love how it focuses on each character without dragging out each story too long. Overall its just a very enjoyable and lighthearted series to watch after a long tiring day... no big drama or overly annoying characters, problems are solved quickly, lots of funny parodies. This is one of the few series where I actually like Linda's character, i think her acting is great here...all the cast members seem to be very comfortable around each other.

Archived