Guest Azura

Today New Pix....very lovely ka..

c5b8b8b6_c5a9b8aebdbac5b8.jpg

dsc07738.jpg

dsc07737.jpg

t_mg_8122.jpg

from

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=ossoen&logNo=100119310953

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World Heritage such a nice program with Lovely Jiwoo

pls go to Starjiwoo ka.

http://www.starjiwoo.com/renewal/752581

20110102001tile.jpg

pix credit

MachuPichu @ CJW Gang

Guest gracew

World Heritage such a nice program with Lovely Jiwoo

pls go to Starjiwoo ka.

http://www.starjiwoo.com/renewal/752581

Very nice program indeed, enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. Glad to see Jiwoo, so lovely especially like it when her hair is tied back. Seems like a trend now from what I observed.....KBS Drama Awards night. How I wish there's English subs to it.

Guest Hyc-ching

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2930561

Korea’s biggest sale aims for tourists

January 06, 2011

05204851.jpg

Foreign visitors to Korea last winter browse wallets at a street vendor in Myeong-dong, central Seoul. Myeong-dong is a hot spot for shoppers both foreign and local. By Yang Gwang-sam

Korea will turn into a shoppers’ haven for 50 days during the 2011 Korea Grand Sale, launched by the Visit Korea Committee - a group under the Korea Tourism Organization.

The event is aimed at foreign visitors to Korea and offers discounts and other perks at 14,000 venues around the country. The event, now in its third year, starts Monday and continues to Feb. 28. Event organizers say they hope the event will become one of Asia’s major shopping festivals in the future.

This year, major department stores including Shinsegae, Lotte, Hyundai and Galleria, duty-free stores including Shilla, Lotte, Walkerhill, Paradise and Donghwa, and discount stores including E-Mart and Lotte Mart, will slash prices for foreign visitors. Foreign shoppers will also be eligible for discounts at hotels, restaurants, beauty salons, movie theaters, theme parks, museums and more.

The Korea Tourism Organization announced this month that the number of foreign visitors to Korea this year is expected to rise 12.5 percent compared to last year’s figure of 8.8 million.

The KTO’s data also showed that the largest number of visitors to Korea last year were from Japan, representing 34 percent of all visitors to the country, followed by Chinese tourists at 21 percent.

Each weekend during the sale the Visit Korea Committee will hold photo shoots with Pororo, a television cartoon character and the committee’s promotional mascot. In addition, isitors to Yongsan, Insa-dong and Dongdaemun - areas that are particularly popular among foreign tourists - will be able to play traditional games as well as sample Korean tea and desserts.

For seven days starting Monday, Incheon International Airport will hold a prize drawing and give away vouchers for hotel accommodations and souvenirs as well as tickets to cultural events.

At the Korea Grand Sale’s opening ceremony on Jan. 14 in Myeong-dong, central Seoul, there will be a variety of street performances and other promotional events.

Actress Choi Ji-woo is the honorary ambassador for this year’s event.

“The 2011 Korea Grand Sale aims to provide an extended amount of comfort and shopping opportunities for foreigners visiting Korea, through which they can become aware of a new side of the country,” said Noh Yeong-wu, director of the Visit Korea Committee.

*For more information, visit www.koreagrandsale.or.kr or call (02) 1588-5644.

By Cho Jae-eun [jainnie@joongang.co.kr]

Thanks to rubie for the highlight

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Sorry for the late wishes - been extremely busy!! :crazy:

Thanks everyone for all the updates especially Ching and Anni – as always, appreciate your constant spreading of news/pictures/vids in this thread. :D

There’s an update news on JW’s cameo appearance in TBS, romantic drama, “Fuyu no Sakura” which is scheduled to telecast on 16th January 2011. The main actor is one of SMAP members – Kusanagi Tsuyoshi and the female lead is Imai Miki. I was a bit surprised when I found out that Imai is playing opposite Kusanagi as she is almost 10 years older than him. Well, if you read the storyline, it does make sense.... :o I haven’t been watching many of Kusanagi’s drama but I enjoyed one of his latest dramas, “Ninkyo Helper” with Kuroki Meisa. Choi Ji Woo had previously collaborated with Kusanagi in a CF (think it’s something to do with global issue kind of thing – gomenneh, obasan suffering from failing memory!!). :P I wonder what type of cameo role will JW be playing and maybe it's similar to the cameo appearance by the late Park Yong Ha in a winter-Jdorama, "Destiny of Love" (Japanese version of Winter Sonata). So I guess if this is another similar production, inviting CJW to play a cameo role probably fits into the whole plot.

Here’s the synopsis of the drama -

“Fuyu no Sakura" is described as a pure love story with similarities to the popular Korean drama "Winter Sonata". Kusanagi plays a gentle glass craftsman in Yamagata who has no experience in love. Imai plays an older housewife with a husband and daughter who go on a trip alone to Yamagata, hoping to see sakura trees blooming in winter. She gets into an accident, but is saved by Kusanagi. He ends up tending to her, and the two are soon drawn to each other.

Source of news from jdorama site and http://www.tbs.co.jp/fuyuno-sakura/

Thanks Felicia for the updates on “Fuyu no Sakura”. You are really very well-versed in Japanese drama. :P:lol::lol:

Ching-gu, you are talking to one absolute diehard K&J-addict fan - LOL5.gif well, it has been years since I drifted to K-dramaland but I still do occasionally check what dorama has to offer. It does your heart good to alternate between Korean and Japanese drama especially when you need to purge the last traces of emotional drained scenes out for something cheerful with no melodrama associations. After-all with 9 to 12 episodes how much emotional can you get yourself invested and besides, they are not dragging but it can also mean they are sometimes a bit too fast-paced. Usually, by the time you grow to love the character it’s almost time to say “sayonara” to them. What is lacking is that they seldom focus on steamy scenes even if the characters are in the romancing mood. Of course some of the dramas are a big y-a-w-n but the eye candy factor always seems to carry me through when the drama is painful to watch. girl_sigh.gif

If I’m not mistaken, Choi Ji Woo could be the first Korean female artist who played a major drama role in a J-production (Rondo). Though Yoon Soon Ha was probably the first Korean actress to step into jdorama-land, I think her characters are mostly supporting roles. Other than acting, Ji Woo clinched quite a number of Japanese CFs.

What I liked best in Rondo is their magical chemistry - Yutaka and Ji Woo couldn't speak each other's languages but somehow could still understand what they were trying to say - that was really sweet. Some actors are quite convincing when they speak in Japanese for their roles - Jae Joong did quite well in his role in “Hard to Say I Love You” though his acting was a bit stiff. Taiwanese actress, Lin Chi Ling wasn’t that bad in “Moon Lovers” but somehow I find she was like restraining her emotions while conversing in a foreign language. So far only Kim Jae Wook and Yoo Min (with their respective backgrounds) manage to win me over with their performances whenever they switch languages.

Err…I am not sure exactly whey I feel the need to hype Japanese drama to members and readers of this thread – whether it’s to promote dorama or to brag about Ji Woo’s popularity in Japan!

10_1_118v.gif

What a nostalgic screen-caps! Thanks jiwonhye for posting them. As I scrolled one by one, I just realized that all of Ji Woo’s leading men are either married or in a relationship - YJT, JJH, YT and JHS. :D

Hi yowon, I have yet to watch the movie, "Actresses" - I am not quite sure whether I like the whole concept of the movie but what I certainly like is the ensemble of a whole A-lister cast. :D

Guest Hyc-ching

Jiwoo and her New Look in TBS new drama Winter Sakura ka !!!!....Lovely Lovely :wub:

Can't wait to see. Drama first onair 16th January ka.

*quoted image*

Hi to Felicia.... :wub::lol::lol:

Some updates on Fuyu no Sakura

Brief translation

http://cn.joins.com/gb/article.do?method=detail&art_id=58348&category=003001

Choi Jiwoo to guest-star in Japanese drama

Actress Choi Ji Woo would have a guest appearance in Japanese TV drama as artists Kusanagi’s Korean lover.

January 9, the Japanese professional sports newspaper "Nikkan Sports," the online edition news mentioned that Choi Ji Woo will be guest-starring in Kusanagi TBS drama "winter cherry"(Fuyu no Sakura) which is scheduled to begin broadcasting on January 16. This is the second time she appeared in Japanese drama since her 2006 Japanese TV series "Rondo", after a lapse of five years. The report said that, “Jiwoo and Kusanagi had known each other a long time through some "variety shows”. But this is their first collaboration in drama.” Choijiwoo readily accepted the guest invitation, agreed to take the role of Kusanagi's lover. Choi Ji-woo side said, “Taking into account the friendship with Mr. Kusanagi, so decided to guest star. She has been to Japan on Jan 6 to begin filming for about two episodes." "Very soon she would meet with the domestic audience through Korean drama."

Korea Central Daily News Chinese Web http://cn.joins.com

Thanks to cindycho@bhjwlove.com for the Chinese translation

http://www.tbs.co.jp/fuyuno-sakura/information/index-j.html#info20110109_01

Brief translation:

Since the year 2006 CJW’s appearance in Japanese drama “Rondo”, it’s been 5 years, and the South Korean actress is going to guest-star in "winter cherry"(Fuyu no Sakura). Although there were appearances in a number of variety shows with Kusanagi Tsuyoshi but in the drama co-operation this is the first time.

Kusanagi’s comment

Since a long time ago I wanted to form Japan-Korea work relation in this way. The cast and crew all feel very warm-hearted. I think to have Miss Choi Jiwoo’s presence is a good condiment, and very beautiful scenery too, please look forward to it.

Choi Ji-woo’s comment

Previously I only know Mr. Kusanagi performance by watching film and television work. This time I actually see Mr. Kusanagi in action. I watched the first episode, very beautiful scenario of snow, looking forward to Mr. Kusanagi and Miss Imai’s heart-wrenching love story. In this winter, you have to watch this drama and I think you will enjoy the beautiful love story. So please love this drama. And when I can receive affection, I myself am glad, too. ^-^

Guest yowon1980

249949_214491_3317.jpg

Fight, Kusanagi Tsuyoshi (Tsuyoshi Kusanagi real name) This soap opera starring TBS 'winter cherry' that appeared in the friendship NewsThe past nine days in Japan, was reported by the media. Japan MediaWoo, according to a report of the winter cherry 'This Kusanagi Tsuyoshi appeared to nod to the fact that the juyeonjak DecisionSaid.

Choi Ji Woo starred in a Japanese drama aired in 2006, the Articles 'yunmugok RONDO' Come attention since ten thousand and two makes five years. Woo and Winter Cherry 'was lost in the Kusanagi Tsuyoshi two depressed when she appeared as a new determination to make.

Meanwhile, Choi Ji Woo as the Kusanagi Tsuyoshi and Japanese variety program produced in 2008 jointly Utilities Ties and gained in intensity from 16 appearances in Japan will be broadcast on TBS 'winter cherry' is scheduled to appear 1-3 times.