Need some advice on hair care

shisuisen

I have naturally curly hair. Then last year I chemically straightened my hair. I had no other whatsoever problems with my hair. Since new hair have been growing, I went to chemically straightened my hair again last week, at a different hair salon. I waited for 3 days then I washed my hair. I even conditioned it. I noticed that after I blow my hair, THERE WAS SO MANY FRIZZ. After googling it, I bought an anti-frizz serum, L'oreal Paris Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum With Argon Oil. By the way, I washed my hair once in two days. The next time I washed my hair, then I conditioned it and used a towel to dry my hair, then the frizz started acting up. I put the serum. Then I blow-dry my hair again at a cool-setting. Then there was some frizz again. I put on some more serum but the frizz is still there. Please tell me what should I do. Is there something wrong with my routine? Or was it my shampoo or conditioner problem. I used a Schwarzkopf shampoo and Cream Silk Regenerate Dandruff-Free conditioner.

Guest .La.Dolce.Vita.

You have frizzy hair because your hair is starting to get damaged from all the chemical straightening. Blow-drying further damages the hair because of the heat so it won't help your frizzy hair. I also had really damaged frizzy hair because I dyed my hair and then got it permed and I find that of all anti-frizz hair serums, Paul Mitchells Super Skinny hair serum worked the best for me. But of course hair serum can only go so far since it's just temporary oil. If you really want anti-frizz you need to work on repairing the damage done to your hair. I see that neither your shampoo or your conditioner helps to repair damaged hair. I started using an organic shampoo called "Yes to Tomatoes" which really worked miracles for my hair. My hair got so much shinier and healthy. Little to no frizz now! For conditioner I use Toni and Guy super shine conditioner and this repaired my damaged hair too, I see that most of my split ends are now gone!

The ends of my hair are super frizzy and damaged from a double perm :x along with lots of heat-treatment heh heh :ph34r: I experiment with a lot of hair products (my mom works at a salon) and this is what I found worked best for me:

1) along with your normal conditioning treatment, using a deep-condition hair mask every week (no more than that or your follicles will weaken!) Most people really hype up this one in particular:

410B9TY19ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

However, I personally like this one:

rby-loreal-paris-everstrong-hair-mask-de.jpg

I've tried both and while the former has a nicer smell, the second one gives me a much deeper and longer-lasting conditioning effect.

2) I second Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum! It's really effective in smoothing your hair down, and it smells GREAT haha (I get more people complimenting the smell of this serum than any perfume I've ever tried ._.) Apply while your hair is damp before blow drying. For added protection against further damage from the heat of your blowdryer, apply Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray as well. Both these products are very lightweight... I have thin hair and I found that neither ever weighs my hair down or makes it greasy :)

I would also recommend switching your shampoo and conditioner to something focused on damage repair. I personally use the Aussie Moist line. If you want, you can take another step further and look for a good leave-in conditioner to repair your hair while it's not being washed, but I find the above routine is enough for me.

However, everyone's hair is different, so just experiment around to see what would work best for you :)

Archived