• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

article credit LINK

photo credit LINK

viewimage.php?id=2eb5d123f2dd36&no=29bcc

Moon Chae Won, “A Visualized Character Before This”

27oct 2011

Moon Chae Won, who has been acting for four years, is the number one actress who goes well with a hanbok. In a sageuk, the forehead is exposed and you have to do 5:5 parts* and since there are many close-up shots from the front, and good actresses hesitate (to do a sageuk.) Regarding the reason as to why she goes well with the hanbok, Moon Chae Won said “Well. My face (lit: my faceline) is somewhat round and I have cheek fat (chubby cheeks.) My shoulders aren’t even small so I don’t really know. Compared to my side profile/appearance, my appearance from the front looks ‘thick’ and my eyes aren’t in style.”

In the beginning, there was the response that Moon Chae Won didn’t match with Se Ryung’s character. From the middle of the drama she matched with her character well, but in the beginning there was a controversy over her acting ability.

"While monitoring in the beginning, I felt a ‘rebounding’ feeling a lot. Se Ryung is a fictional character. I wanted to draw attention to Se Ryung rather than myself. The point of Se Ryung’s character is ‘change’. In the beginning, I caused trouble by focusing on portraying the immature Se Ryung. I even thought that changing the tone of my voice wouldn’t be a good thing. I thought it would be fine if Se Ryung had some points about her that weren’t good."

After finishing Bow: The Ultimate Weapon, Moon Chae Won rested the next day and went to The Princess’s Man’s shooting location. She heard about the character controversy in the beginning and didn’t use the Internet at all after episode 4.

Se Ryung felt Seung Yoo’s love while realizing the target of Seung Yoo’s revenge was her father and it was shown that Se Ryung was coming to understand her heart when it came to Seung Yoo and the viewers began to become absorbed in Se Ryung.

"I said ‘I’m gonna stop Seung Yoo’ and I only followed him, knowing I couldn’t get Seung Yoo to release his revengeful thoughts. In the second half, Se Ryung’s love for Seung Yo exploded and was struck by an arrow instead of Seung Yoo. To her father, Se Ryung did a bad thing, but she felt empathy towards Grand Prince Suyang. The only thing Suyang gained was his daughter’s love."

Moon Chae Woon read the synopsis of The Princess’s Man and liked melodramas, so she appeared in the drama. She said “Within other sageuks, there’s a different feeling with women. The melo was good and was charming to the end where the melo was progressing” and I thought “If I only work hard, there will be many things for me to show.” She explained the charm of a sageuk by saying “There’s a satisfaction when the characters of sageuk have their tones gradually pile up.”

It was the first time Moon Chae Won had acted with Park Shi Hoo, who played the man Se Ryung loved, Seung Yoo, but at the location, it was said that she inspired will and outside of the shooting gave postive energy. Moon Chae Won said “In love, there needs to be bravery that transcends generations. Seung Yoo was in conflict between love and revenge, but couldn’t give up on revenge” and “In that time it was impossible, but I think he was a person with a lot of courage. If that situation was real, it would be really extreme and I would refuse the situation. I’m timid.”

Moon Chae Won was a visualized character before this, but while playing a genuine character in a sageuk, she felt the burden. But if the makeup was elaborate, it wouldn’t be good, and if there was a lot of attention paid to the character, words that wouldn’t fit would be added. She then left with her mom for a two week trip to Spain.

서병기 기자/wp@heraldm.com
Translation: The Real CZ @ Yeoshindeul

best couple award now

second award for both mcw and joo won from gd doc...total 5 couples

3rd year in a row for Chae won receiving Best Couple Award..nyahaha! She just have chemistry with all.

sy's niece won best female child actress in one of the saeguk dramas...finally

top excellence awards presented by mcw and sjk's other tie winner...sjk from nice guy is absent

High Excellence In Acting Award presented by Yoo Joon Sang and Moon Chae Won

joo won is one of the nominees.... and the winners are joo won and ji sung

The winner of the High Excellence in Acting Actresses Award is...

Hwang Jung Eum

Big . . . Big congratulation to MCW for winning multiple awards again. What an achieviement ... 3 years in row

look like white gown was a dress code for KDA 2013, but maybe someone bought her a brown gown... So she changed her outfit. And I like the brown one better

mcw won excellent actress award for medium series drama... her 3rd award

sy's niece presented her with an extra bouquet of flowers...

mcw cried while giving her speech...

wonder who will get the top excellence award for actress

Archived