Electric Razor Bumps Are Killing Me

BoAFriend

I think I asked about this a while back, but I'm not entirely sure, so I thought I'd just ask again.

So I use an electric shaver (Braun PocketGo 370) and it's fine and everything, but I often get those annoying razor bumps after shaving (for those of you who don't know what razor bumps are, they're pretty much like hard pimples -__-). I wash my face before shaving and apply an aftershave afterwards too, yet I still get these.

I've Googled around and found these two tips: 1) Apply baby oil as a PRESHAVE to help deter irritation or 2) Replace razor parts (the blade/cutterblock in my case)

Thing is, it's a pain in the butt to find replacement parts for electric shavers and I'm sure they're not cheap either. It's funny because my older brother has the exact same shaver as I do and he never has experienced razor bumps. I don't really know what I'm doing wrong. I've used this shaver about 2 years now maybe and I don't think I should have to replace parts that fast (my brother's been using his longer than me and he's never had to replace jack squat). Also, I clean this razor very often too, so I don't think bacteria/dirtiness should be the issue.

Personally, I know my mustache area (Lol I don't know how else it could be called) grows RIDICULOUSLY fast. I'm not even kidding...like every 2 days, I need to shave. I know many people say "Oh just don't shave all the time then!" but personally I can't stand that non-shaven look - I'm all about looking clean and well-groomed.

So any suggestions or tips? I know I said I Googled already but I wanted to turn to Soompi for advice too because I know ya'll always have really helpful insight.

Thanks!

Guest mikeXc

Hey - sorry to hear about your bumps, I have those bumps too sometimes. I have to shave like almost every 2 days also. What happened to me was I found out either I was allergic to the aftershave I was using or my skin was too sensitive so I dumped it.

After I shave I use "SeaBreeze" and a cotton ball. It works really well for me. Also if I do get the bumps, I use "Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength" and it's gone by the end of the day.

Last thing is I use a Gillette 5 blade razor and shaving gel. Its the best shave and less prone to getting bumps. Hope this helps!

Archived