Post your skin type and makeup needs,and I'll recommend a BB cream for you

Guest semicollante

Guest stillfantasy

Hello,, : )

I belive I have combination skin.

Throughout the day, my Tzone can get really oily >__<

I want something with good coverage, i have uneven skin tone with some acne scars ^__^;

Something with matte finish and SPF would be nice :D

Thank you in advance for your help~!

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JenJenn

Sooo..

Im really PALE , & My skins about normal/oily (my nose gets oily over time during the day), but my cheeks are kinda dry sometimes ><

Im interested in a BB cream with nice coverage to cover up acne scars & pores/blackheads etc . :P

theres so many bb creams & i have never tried any of them, .__.

thanks ! (:

Guest PrincessBoa

Hi there :) Thanks so much for taking your time out to reccomend these BB Creams to us! :)

I actually tried several.. including Missha's but no luck ):

I actually used to have Normal/Combo Oily (Like extremely oily on forehead + normal on cheeks)..till Clinique dried me out.. so now I have DRY cheeks and Oily forehead ><. (Combo skin basically.)

I actually want something that can give medium to full coverage.. not too much- but enough to look fresh (glowy) yet cover my red spots/blemishes + can be used for sensitive skin, decent price range and is moisturizing. =)

My skintone..well I'm not sure..I think I have yellow undertones? :X Well for MAC- I'm NC35 if that helps with anything xD

Haha it seems like I have alot of requirements.. its just because my skin is sensitive and I can get acne really easily especially on my forehead area. ><

Thanks so much!

Also.... i'm not sure if I should even use BB creams at this moment. >< Since Clinique has left my normal skin extremely dry... and I've started getting acne on my cheeks which I'ce never gotten before. I couldn't wear any sort of creams any more cause it would just flake... ): Even when I exofilated and everything. -sigh- If you're farmiliar with skincare regimens, I was wondering if you had anything in mind? My acne's been clearing up ALOT, however it's just my dry skin (which i've never had before I used Clinique) and I don't know what to do with it. :X I tried lotions.. (moisturizing for dry skin) however it just makes it oily and grows dry after awhile. =/

-PrincessBoa

Guest dewy_tear_drops

Thank you for offering to do this :)

Skin type: I have super dry skin on the cheeks and around the mouth area (to the point that after I put on bb cream I can see my skin flaking off) But my t-zone is slightly oily.

What I want in a BB ceam: I want the bb cream to have medium coverage with an illuminating finish.

Guest semicollante

I have very oily skin all over my face, but some dry patches on my cheeks. I have pretty sensitive skin and moderate to severe acne. I'm looking for light to medium coverage, enough to cover redness with a matte finish.

My skin is also tan, and I've tried the Liole BB cream which was waaaay too light for my skin. Can you recommend anything with yellow undertones for slightly tan skin (light-medium/MAC NC25-30) that won't have a greyish tint?

Hi, I would recommend Missha watery, it has a neutral tint, I would say it's a biege tint, so not very greyish. Or you could try the Laneige BB cream. It has medium coverage, very natural or brightening finish (shade #2 or #1 respectively), good oil control, and I think it is very gentle. :)

Hi!

I want a BB cream that can whiten my face slightly - but not so drastically that i look completely different. I want somethign fairly natural looking.

My skin is probably more oily and im prone to break outs every now and again.

I do alot of sport and stuff so i would quite like something that wont like get taken off easily when im out and about.

hi, I would recommend skinfood aloe sun. It looks natural, and has moderate whitening/skin healing properties. It tends to stay on during humid weather. I would recommend not touching your face with your hands even if you are sweating. Try to dab gently with a tissue or blotting paper.

yay! finally, someone that could help me!!!! :lol:

and thank you for the good news that laneige is

selling bb creams now! im in love with this product.

now i wonder when will be available for us here in US...

can't wait for it or...do sell them too???

anyways...hope u could help me find the ultimate

bb cream for my skin type... :blush:

~oily skin

~acne prone

~i need a medium coverage or more than that

coz of my pimple scars and large pores

~im tan (MAC NC43-NC45)

I would actually recommend Missha Watery. It is tanish (I've seen N35 use it well, but I am not sure if it would work for you. However, that's one of the darkest BB creams I've ever seen), but I think with your skintone, it might be hard to use a BB cream alone as foundation. Something you could try is using hanskin super magic bb cream or skin79 dream girls as a base, and then use mineral powder or something on top? Hanskin is friendly for acne prone skin and actually heals it a little, but its oil control is pretty average. It has medium coverage, so all you really need is to buff darker powder on top. skin79 Dream Girls is great at controlling oil, but has more of a sheer to light coverage, so it would definitely be a makeup base sort of thing for you. :)

Hope this helps. :)

Guest Janerbabe

Hi! My skin can be considered sensitive/oily/combination, mainly my T zone is very oily, and that's where I get the most breakouts, but overall my skin is quite clear. My zits are usually small and medium coverage should be able to cover most of it without having to use concealer. Super oily nose with blackheads, normal cheeks, breakouts on temples and chin, kind of dry forehead (especially the outer parts). My face is red and can get red very easily, and a cream that is as natural looking as possible and can give a "glow" would be great. My skin tone is not pale, nor tan, just kind of in between with yellow undertones...

Thank you. :)

Guest semicollante

My skin is REALY Pale.

Kinda oily

No acne

Because my skin is pale,my black circles really pops out]

I have some blackheads on my nose

Thats all.

I would like to have like flawless skin looking :)

thank you!

Hi :) I think you could try a sheer to light BB cream with concealer on top, or if you prefer, you can use a medium coverage BB cream. I would recommend skin79 Dream girls if you are very oily, or skin79 lovely girls if you are slightly oily. Missha shiny is also very good if you want a medium coverage BB cream. :) You are welcome.

Guest strawberryceleste

thank you for doing this (:

i have really pale skin with pink undertones. normal, but gets a little bit oily in the t-zone by the end of the day. i want a bb cream that looks really natural, but has pretty good coverage (enough to cover a little redness). maybe something with a matte finish, not sparkly haa. SPF isn't really necessary because i use sunscreen first.

Thank you so much for taking your time out and recommending BB Creams to us!

My skin is pretty oily, especially my T-zone. I have acne scars on my face and some blackheads on my nose which needs good coverage. I also have some redness around my cheeks.

Guest semicollante

hii~

I have combo/normal skin, and acne scars with me breaking out around once a month. I believe a MAC makeup artist matched me to NC25-30, and SkinFood's Aloe BB cream in shade 2 left a grey cast, I think I have pink undertones but I'm not sure? I'm looking for a BB cream which looks natural, with medium coverage.

thank you so much for doing this ^^;;

You are very welcome. :) If you are matched a NC, you probably have warm undertones (weird how MAC works: NC--> warm; NW--> cool). For normal skin, I would recommend the new laneige BB cream in shade #2, which will look very natural (like a no makeup look). I have been using it everyday for three weeks now (since it came out, it's that good), and it has faded some acne marks.

skin type: dry to very dry

no acne

i'm looking for a nice coverage to make my skin look flawless but i don't want it to look cakey (something that easily happens to dry skins)

plus,i am as white as a glass of milk :( and i read BB cream comes only in 2-3 colours, mostly oriented to asian skin tones = darker than mine..that's why, even if i reaaaally want to try BB cream, i never dared to order it

can you help me? thank you ^_^

For very very white skin, needing a good coverage, I would actually recommend japanese BB creams, because japanese girls tend to be paler. I would recommend the Kanebo one. :)

My skin is not too pale, but also not too tan. It can be dry, especially around my mouth o_O I have no acne.

When I get pimples they mosty are around my nose, but mostly I don't get them.

My face is often flawless actually, but some dry areas and some pimples ruine it -__- Sometimes I even can look tired or something just because of my skin.

I want a BB cream for a natural look, not too heavy couverage. And protection against the sun! :o

Thank you so much for doing this. Really appreciate it (:

Hi, I would recommend Missha shiny BB cream. It seems right for your skintone (N25ish?), and it has light to medium skintone. It has light to medium coverage. You can apply it sheer for a light coverage. It has SPF 27 (I believe). Or you could try skin79's light pink Diamond BB cream. It has sheer coverage and gives a natural finish. You are very welcome. :)

Skintype: dry & sensitive

Skin is pale white, occassional breakouts

Usual Makeup is current bb cream, eyeliner, occassionally mascara, the basics.

Thank you!! :)

Hi :) I would recommend Jadilla J original BB cream or Hanskin Classic (or Original) BB cream. They are both very pale, and moisturizing. Another good one is skin79 intense classic premium (I believe I have a new tube in my shop). All three are very good for sensitive skin, or so I heard. :) I tried to recommend ones without a lot of silicon in them. One word of caution, with sensitive skin, it would be good to stay away from small brands when purchasing BB cream. For example, there is a Begin My pride BB cream with SPF 47 protection. A few of my friends love this, but they do not have sensitive skin. One of my friends do, and after trying this, her whole face was swollen. It was painful and made me very very guilty for CPing this for her.

Skin type: oily/ and acne prone (currently with red patchy areas)

I just want a bb cream that doesnt make yu look too pale but enough cover for the red areas. Oh and with SPF. thank yuuuu

VOV CAstledew SPF 15 BB cream would do. Or if you prefer something with higher SPF, Laneige's new BB cream has SPF 41, and looks/feels great. :) You areeee welcome. :P

Guest s0y0un*

Hi. I've switch off with skinfood aloe bbcream and hanskin bbcream.

But I've been noticing lately that my skin has been getting a little oily after wearing it for long hours.

Which one should I use? Or do you recommend another product?

Guest semicollante

My skin is really oily, and prone to acne. I have only tried Missha Perfect Cover but I'm not really sure if im using the right BB cream. Its really good in covering but after 4 hours or so, it gets oily again.

I need something that can cover my large pores and black heads. (: Ooohh, my skin is slightly tanned and BB cream with high SPF is better.

Thank you!

I would recommend Laneige's BB cream in #2. It looks natural, and has good spf protection (41). It's not quite accessible yet. Another one I would recommend is skin79 Diamond Absolute Total BB cream SPF 37. Both, in my opinion, has better SPF than Perfect Cover. :)

Guest _FOBchink

Hello. :D

Soo.. I'm pretty average skin toned when it comes to an Asian. More on the pale side though. :P

I have an oily t-zone and dry cheeks. >.<

Acne prone btw. :c

& I want whitening for acne scarring, natural looking, medium coverage. :D

& I just wanted to say Thank You for taking your time to help us Soompiers out. :3

Guest marshmallowsquish

My skin tone is around NC25-30 (looks lighter in my picture) and I"m not very yellow, more golden-olive-y? I have lots of hyper-pigmentation from acne, but not any acne right now, so I want something to cover that. Something very light, like a tinted moisturizer but not so oily? My t-zone gets REALLY oily by the end of the day. Something that heals acne scarring and that doesn't cause acne but looks natural with light coverage:) Right now I use Clinique's Even Better in Honey, but I want something that heals my scars because although its nice and light it isnt doing much for them i think >_< If it has SPF that would be great but if it doesnt i can just get a moisturizer /w it.

Can you help? Thanks :)

Guest semicollante

Skintype: super dry and super sensitive with the occasional red patches

i usually wear foundation, but its too much of a hassel to wear it everyday. i'm just looking for something to cover up the imprerfections on my face

I would recommend Hanskin Super Magic BB cream if you are looking for medium coverage. However, it sound like you have a few trouble spots. In that case, I would recommend skin79 super pink BB cream, with concealer on the spots rather than going medium coverage. :)

Guest applecrumble

Hi there! This is so nice of you =)

So...

I have combination/oily skin that tends to break out along my T-zone area so my cheeks are pretty okay. I have fair/light skintone with pink undertones and a lot of acne scars as well. I'm looking for a bb cream that feels light on my skin, with probably medium coverage to cover up my acne scars and a flawless dewy finish. lol is there such bb cream out there? =P

Guest strawberrynkiwi

Hi thanks so much for doing this!

My skin type is dry, but I still get acne on my t-zone. I want a natural looking BB cream to even out my skin tone and with SPF. I know BB cream are generally really light and I dislike my face different colour from my body. I'm a NC30-35 from MAC. Thanks again!

Guest semicollante

Hey semicollante. Thanks for doing us this favor :)

My skin type is combination. I rarely have acne but I have blackheads. I have a warm skin tone.

I'm looking for a sheer / light BB cream, with SPF. Just enough to even out my skin tone and protect my skin from UV rays. It has to be able to withstand hot, humid temperature.

Thanks again. :)

Hi :) You are very welcome. :) It's not that often that someone was obsessed enough to try 60 BB creams anyway, so I thought I might as well take advantage of my obsessiveness. :D

For your skintype, I would recommend Missha shiny or skin79 Lovely Girls if you have darker skin. Or skin79 super pink BB cream if you have lighter skin. :) They all have SPF protection. If you are looking for high SPF protection, I would recommend Laneige BB cream with SPF 41. :) I've wore the latter one to the Korean sauna (oops, forgot to take it off), and amazingly, it stayed on.

Thanks for taking your time to help us all ^__^!

My skin is a combination/oily. As the day goes on, my face appears to look darker (no idea why) and also gets much more oily because of the weather here. My t-zone is prone to breakouts, and is the oiliest part of my face followed by my forehead.

My cheeks are a combination, but by the afternoon, they are also oily T___T

My skintone is fair and I have a yellow undertone. But my skin tone alters depending on weather..I try to use sunscreen, but that maximizes my face oil D: I'd prefer something that has a natural finish, lasts for 6+ hours, and also controls my oils. And it'd be good if it contained SPF, but if it doesn't, it's totally fine~

For yellow skintone, most skin79 BB creams would be good for you. It sounds like you need above average oil control and light to medium coverage. I would recommend skin79 Diamond Absolute Total with SPF 37. It lasts 10 hours for me without powder, so I imagine 6+ hours would be fine. :) I am glad to help you. :)

Hiii, thank u very much for helping : )

My skin is oily around the nose and the noce, but not the forehead and the bit above my lips.

I have a lot of blackheads, which I am still trying to get rid off.

my skin is pretty dry, on places other then my nose, and i have pretty big pores.

can u please recommend a suitable bb cream and if possible with whitening effects ?

Thank u, very much~

Hi, I would actually recommend something unusual. It seems that you have extreme combination skin. I think you need a good oil control base on your oily spots. I would recommend skin79 Dream Girls, which has sheer coverage on your T-zone, with skin79 gold label BB cream on top. If you need extra help, dust translucent powder on your T-zone to help control oil. The skin79 gold label BB cream claims to have whitening effect, but it's more of a brighteing effect for me, but I already have rather fair skin, so it may be different for you. :)

Guest vickiixtinhy

Skin type: Combination skin

Big breakouts: once a month, big red ones

Regular breakouts: small white ones

I have a lot of blackheads on my nose

Coverage: Light-Medium, I'm looking for something that is't too cakey so that you can't see a visible layer of BB cream on my skin, I prefer something that is matte, has a whitening effect and has SPF :) Oh and yes I do have redness on my skin, so hopefully somethig that will balance out the color? Please oil-free if possible and I'm an NC30 in MAC :) Thank you so much! I've always wanted to try out BB creams, but there's so many of them that it's so confusing!

Guest hyeminnie

Hoping you could help me out as well :D

I have a super oily T-zone and dry cheeks; I'm not acne prone, but I need something that's medium+ coverage.

I'd prefer something with a neutral/yellow tint for my light-yellow-toned skin, but it's not necessary, just nothing like Missha's Perfect Cover #23 which leaves a grey cast. Any finish is fine, but nothing really dewy.

Thanks!

Archived