Clubbox Tutorial + FAQs

Guest happyroach

not sure but they did scare all the Korean clubbox users , almost every clubbox i came today delete all of their SBS/MBC/KBS relate files :sweatingbullets:

i see that as well. :vicx: the gold CB's i usually visit have either closed their CB, deleted all the files, downgraded to silver, or made it so that you have to be an upgraded member to view. :tears: oh boy... this is gonna put a big dent for us overseas fans who really rely on CB's for korean shows. :(

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kyotoji

^^ unni, now you are giving me a very uncomfortable thoughts....

another nightmare is here again? :unsure:

I don't want that to appear..... :crazy::tears::crazy::tears:

Hi, I've been trying to access the files from the following clubbox link: http://clubbox.co.kr/anjaewoook

What does this mean? Can someone please help me out? Thanks in advance.

it means you have to be a high grade member to view the files. so, the owner of the CB will have to personally upgrade your status to that level before you can view the files. i forgot how many levels there are, but that's even higher than the one when you first join the CB and the next level after that.

Guest lin1030
i see that as well. :vicx: the gold CB's i usually visit have either closed their CB, deleted all the files, downgraded to silver, or made it so that you have to be an upgraded member to view. :tears: oh boy... this is gonna put a big dent for us overseas fans who really rely on CB's for korean shows. :(

I agree . :tears:=(

Guest happyroach

Ah dammit. I've been so behind on all my downloads and I was planning to catch up this week! And now they pull this crap. What the heck yo.

Hey Mandy hey Lisa hey you all :D long time no talk heh

I still have problem in downloading on not so old drama series. It just go slow between 10 - 20/kb or not downloading at all. Even on other few clubboxs.

Pls advise

I've been using CB and I have no problem downloading from it but since KBS, NBC, and SBS copyright, I was trying to understand how does one upload to CB in the first place and I have few other questions. Some questions might not be direct question regarding CB but I didn't know where else to ask.

I'm hope someone can understand my questions.

1. When the drama/show is aired in Korea, does someone in Korea record the drama/show and then upload to CB and alot of other people in other countries, download from person in Korea CB and then upload in their own CB?

Can someone explain to me beginning process as to how dramas/shows get uploaded to CB?

2. I have heard for right now bittorrent will be safer, is this true?

3. Since they put copyright starting 3/6/07, if we download anything before that date, do we still get in trouble?

4. If we register and the KBS, MBC, and SBS, and pay to see the dramas/shows, can you download to computer so that I can burn into DVD?

Sometimes I forgot where I posted my questions, so would appreciate it if you know the answer, if you can PM me.

Thank you. I'm sort of computer illiterate when it comes to downloading so hopefully someone can help me.

Guest greenbee
2. I have heard for right now bittorrent will be safer, is this true?

unfortunately i dont know the answer to every questions of yours, but BT is not any safer. in general, no peer-2-peer program is safe. if they want to bust any group of users, it'd be a piece of cake to retrieve everyone's IP addresses.

I think, for CB users, they just need to go ask the people who are in charge of CB site and retrieve everyone's IP. It's likely that CB do keep record of which IP download what file (but i sure hope they aren't doing that). For BT, the federal has better technology to just connect to BT, like you and me, and retrieve IP addresses for that torrent file. the only thing that matters is that who they really want to bust - the uploaders and/or the downloaders

scary stuff. *sigh*

i like CB, especially for finding old series (like dae jang geum) but it only allow you to dl @ 50k max, unless you purchase points. but BT is much faster to dl from.

Guest fragolina

so we downloaders have to cancel our account on clubbox to be safer? Or is enough not download from there?

This is a very sad news... :tears:

Other than CB closing, I noticed some CB changed to "special membership" only.

How is this going to change what's going on with the copyright issues? Aren't they still going be checked by CB admins?

Even if you become the "special member", isn't it still dangerous?

Guest greenbee

One thing i just dont understand: weren't KBS/MBC/SBS already have copyrights to their stuff??? why are they just putting copyright now? O_O i mean, they produce their own stuff and broadcast them on their tv network, it is obvious that those are copyrighted.....

and i don't understand about the who deal with adding passwords to those CB..... *confused*

Guest diVERiT

As of yesterday no clubbox files download. Until we find a better alternative it looks like clubbox will stop being an option for asian video media. For those of us overseas it's not a matter of legal threat, we just don't get to watch our stuff.

It's also not just clubbox. A legion of other file-sharing sites aren't too happy.

We'll see what happens.

Guest Feelings

i've been having this question...

so... from now on, sharing video files (dramas) is illegal?

including uploading onto MU or SS or FS?

or does this just apply to CB?

cuz personally, i never used CB,

but im wondering if it'll affect what i download in the future. (file hosts)

Guest StarCrystal
One thing i just dont understand: weren't KBS/MBC/SBS already have copyrights to their stuff??? why are they just putting copyright now? O_O i mean, they produce their own stuff and broadcast them on their tv network, it is obvious that those are copyrighted.....

and i don't understand about the who deal with adding passwords to those CB..... *confused*

It's always been copyrighted and it's always been illegal to distribute files online too. They just decided to become more strict about downloading and sharing videos now.

Guest diVERiT

We just don't know how long this 'law' will hold in terms of effectiveness. I expect this to last maybe a couple weeks.

If, however, its hold continues, those of us with direct connections with SUN, HODOLI, PiNETREE, and other small groups may need to do something like create a private tracker based outside of Korea.

This sucks, I know. Here I am unable to watch the Jumong's final episode. =(

Guest kyotoji

so how? can we download or not?

what i mean is that if it is available in the CB, can we download it?

aiyo... why like that?

*so many unhappy events have been happenings around me... *

Guest yoon77
As of yesterday no clubbox files download. Until we find a better alternative it looks like clubbox will stop being an option for asian video media. For those of us overseas it's not a matter of legal threat, we just don't get to watch our stuff.

It's also not just clubbox. A legion of other file-sharing sites aren't too happy.

We'll see what happens.

so is both the uploader and downloader at risk?

i'm just wondering how did the law get more strict?

where can i find more details?

Archived