[movie 2005] My Boss My Teacher / My Student 투사부일체

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Jeong Joon Ho & Han Hyo Joo

mybossmyteacher.jpg

My Boss, My Hero 2 / My Boss, My Teacher (2006)

투사부일체

Starring: Jeong Joon-Ho, Han Hyo-Joo, Jeong Wung-In, Jeong Wun-Taek

Director: Kim Dong-Won

Genre: Comedy

Runtime: 124mins

Production: Cinema Zenise

Distribution: CJ Entertainment

Language: Korean

This follow up to the hit 2001 comedy My Boss, My Hero continues in the same vein of crazy comedy. This time round, our hero Doo Sik (Jeong Joon Ho) is a senior at college, where he is studying to become a teacher. During the day he works hard teaching morality and ethics, but at night continues to work as a gangster. He gets a placement at the local high school, working as a student teacher, but then trouble rises its ugly head. Always determined to keep him studying hard, Doo Sik's boss has also returned to high school to complete his own education. Now Doo Sik has to face his boss at school as well as at night!

mybossmyteacher1.jpg

mybossmyteacher2.jpg

mybossmyteacherhhjjjh.jpg

I think HHJ is cute & natural, Luv her in Spring Waltz :rolleyes:

mybossmyteacherhhj.jpg

SOURCE : 투사부일체

투사부일체

투사부일체

투사부일체

투사부일체

투사부일체

• 5 weeks later...
Guest xosandy

^Yes, she's in the movie.

July 30, 2006

[Korean DVD Roundup] April 2006 - Part 2

tusabudvd.jpg

HB Entertainment - 2006/04/05

투사부일체 (My Boss, My Teacher)

2006 - 2DVD

Director: 김동원 (Kim Dong-Won)

Cast: 정준호 (Jung Joon-Ho), 김상중 (Kim Sang-Joong), 정웅인 (Jung Woong-In), 정운택 (Jung Woon-Taek), 한효주 (Han Hyo-Joo), 최윤영 (Choi Yoon-Young), 강성필 (Kang Sung-Pil), 김응수 (Kim Eung-Soo)

CAMEO: 임성민 (Im Sung-Min), 이태란 (Lee Tae-Ran), 하하 (Ha Ha), 춘자 (Choonja), 김홍식 (Kim Heung-Shik)

OAR 2.35:1/16:9, DD5.1/2.0, NTSC DVD-9, Region 3, English/Korean Subtitles

FILM: 3

As the title of the original, 2001's 두사부일체 (My Boss, My Hero) noted, 'the grace of the Boss, the Teacher and the Parents are equal.' Especially in Chungmuro, where in the meantime gangster comedies have become producers' favourite steady-seller. Whereas the original was handled by Yoon Je-Gyun, a capable director and producer (at least when it comes to comedy), the sequel 투사부일체 (My Boss, My Teacher) was given to a first time director, Kim Dong-Won. And mind you, this is not your usual Foreign film-school graduate coming back to get a quick pass into the Chungmuro power structure with a safe film (meaning horror or gangster comedy nowadays). Kim is one of the Top CF directors in Korea, winner of several important awards ever since the early 90s. He made ads for major brands like Domino Pizza, LG, Daewoo and more, and worked with all sorts of important stars, from Bae Yong-Joon to Song Kang-Ho. But his calling card to this debut film was probably his work as a Trailer director: his are the Trailers for 주홍글씨 (The Scarlet Letter), 여자, 정혜 (This Charming Girl), 잠복근무 (She's on Duty) and more.

Now this not only gives away the style of the film, but also the kind of film it was in terms of structure: you have a stylish newcomer who won't complain or try to give the film a personal identity, which essentially allows the producers to run the entire ship, and the star actors to control it with their peculiarities. Of course many comedies, like the 가문 (Mafia) saga, work along those lines, but things are much more obvious in this film. Product placement is rather obnoxious, and the film looks much 'cleaner' than many films of this genre. Problem of course is that the lack of personality in terms of storytelling, pacing and everything else not dealing with visuals shows. This film is tremendously uneven, and it moves at a glacial pace. Yet one could forget all those problems, if the film was actually entertaining. The Jung Trio (Jung Joon-Ho, Jung Woong-In and Jung Woon-Taek) pestered all sort of popular TV Variety shows (including KBS' Sang Sang Plus) for weeks, preparing viewers for an 'upgrade' of the 2001 film. But in this case it's more of an update than, say, real upgrades like what Kim Young-Joon did with 무영검 (Shadowless Sword). Update because, essentially, they took the same structure and updated the jokes a little.

So we go from Internet cafe jokes to Cyworld/PSY and 'net money'. Even the melodrama suffers the same treatment, going from class divide to 원조교제 (dating minors) and the usual corruption in school. A few gags work, mostly dealing with Jung Woong-In's deadly timing and Jung Woon-Taek's willingness to embarrass himself. But the majority of the film feels like a boiled potato slowly crumbling under your eyes. We get a collection of sitcom-like situations, sometimes handled well (the various parodies of older Korean films) but most of the time done lazily -- this has to be the worst script of the year -- or in some cases even insultingly (Han Hyo-Joo's character arc. She's lovely and even shows some promise, but just like in 봄의 왈츠 (Spring Waltz) she's given nothing to work with).

What could possibly make this film worthy of the 6 Million tickets it sold (becoming the most successful comedy of all time)? Nothing really. It's just that weeks of appearances on TV made it look like this would be a lightweight, mindless 2 hours of fun, just like 가문의 위기 (Marrying The Mafia 2). Since we're there, you know what's this film's biggest problem? Marrying The Mafia 2 knows all too well it's crap, but tries to make things entertaining for the entire film; My Boss, My Teacher thinks it's entertaining, but all this ends up being is two hours of crap. I'd love to be spared of a third installment, but 6 Million tickets probably say we'll see another of those: "Yeah, we're gangsters again, so what?" posters...

AUDIO: 7

With the exception of the few action scenes, surround speakers are rarely used, but a pretty nice track, with clear dialogue and no problems of any sort.

VIDEO: 7.5

Good stuff. Satisfactory black levels and no major edge enhancement problems. The transfer is in near perfect condition, and colours look great.

SUBTITLES: 3.5

Think you've seen bad subtitles? Think again. I know all too well comedy rarely translates, especially local comedy. But this is an embarrassment. Now, it's obvious there's no way to convey why the Cy(world)/Psy joke is funny, but the only way is staying literal. Another DVD released recently by HB Ent. proved that, the Jung Jae-Young/Soo Ae film 나의 결혼원정기 (Wedding Campaign), which had possibly the best English Subs of the year, and that was because it never tried to make cute jokes out of things difficult to translate. There's moments, lasting even minutes, when the subtitles simply take off and stop translating, to make up their own story (which is embarrassingly lame in most cases). They make up names of characters (dumb-garl? B-Boys? Who worked on these, a pre-school kid?). 90% of the comedy is killed by the subs, so if those are all you have to follow the film, you're only left with the physical comedy (which is certainly there, but is only half the 'fun'). The film is bad already, but with subs like these, it will make it look even worse.

EXTRA FEATURES: 7

Disc 1

- Audio commentary with Director Kim Dong-Won, Choi Yoon-Young, Jung Woong-In, Kim Sang-Joong, Jung Joon-Ho and Joon Woon-Taek is a decent listen [certainly better than the film itself. Mixes info about the shoot with other little anecdotes. Nothing really out of the ordinary, but it's worth a look. Only problem is it's called 포복절도 (your Korean equivalent of 'rolling on the floor laughing') Commentary. I didn't roll that much, honestly]

Disc 2 [~85 Minutes]

Page 1

- Making Of [11:05, usual mix of behind the scenes and comments from the actors, but focuses more on the interviews than the action]

- Making Of Documentary [26:06, mixes interviews, behind the scenes and footage from the film. Actually quite good]

- Interviews with director and cast [16:33. There's also some behind the scenes clips. Decent, but rarely goes beyond introducing the characters and adding a few tidbits about the shoot]

- NG [16:40, We start with the parody of Kwak Jae-Yong's 'masterpiece' to Choonja's cameo and more. Pretty enjoyable stuff, Jung Woong-In is priceless shooting the Karaoke scenes]

- Behind The Scene [4:40, actually it's just a few comments from all the major actors, followed by a few clips of the crew preparing certain scenes and similar things. This is stuff that should be used for the website -- and it probably was -- but feels quite throwaway on a DVD]

Page 2

- Production Meeting [3:32, starts with a few clips from the shoot of the final action scene, and then moves inside for the real meeting, concluding with a few comments from the stars]

- VIP Screening [5:29, usual introductions from the director and cast, followed by scenes of the crowd enjoying the film -- seems like the same two-three people featured, wonder why. Sort of pointless]

- Teaser Trailer [1:24, mixes clips of the original film with silly on screen text and little else. This was clearly done when they were still shooting]

- TV Spot [1:03, a shorter version of the Theatrical Trailer, essentially]

- Theatrical Trailer [1:58, pretty decent, pushing the right scenes and this at least shows the 'mood change' in an effective way]

- Music Video [3:24, more than a music video this pushes the more dramatic scenes of the film, with Im Hyung-Joo's 서곡 playing in background. I detest popera so I'm not exactly the best person to judge this kind of music, but this makes the film look like an action melodrama more than the silly comedy it is... until Kim Sang-Joon's rear end appears, and it all turns back to reality. Of course using a song like this with action or comedy is like mixing chocolate and dried squid... but to each his own, I guess]

VALUE FOR MONEY: 5

I said more than once Chungmuro needs variety, and parts of that variety is entertaining commercial crap like 가문의 위기 (Marrying The Mafia 2) or the 조폭마누라 (My Wife is a Gangster) saga. The problem then is that this film is simply not entertaining, and it tries too hard to be both funny and touching, throw in some action and half assed sentiment. I wouldn't call it disappointing as I expected nothing more than a few funny gags, but it doesn't deliver much on those terms either. I'd love to throw out the 'for a 6 Million seller this DVD is pretty disappointing' line, but frankly considering how bad this film is, even a mostly throwaway release like this is all it deserves. I mean, you could shoot half an hour of actors doing NGs, which would be the only chance to make this fun, otherwise what are you going to talk about, the script? That'd be comedy. I liked the original, hell, I'd happily rewatch entertaining crap like Marrying The Mafia 2. But this is just a big product placement for the stars, and nothing more. I'd expect something like this from Hollywood, but Chungmuro can and should do better.

OVERALL: 5.15

www.twitchfilm.net

• 1 month later...
Guest haeaznboiyoung

Can someone post up the subs in megaupload, yousendit, sendspace, etc. please? I found the sub file in naynay123's cb but it just won't dl and I'm dying to see this cuz I love HHJ :)

Guest yufeifei

^ do you have the subs for this movie? Can you email em or something plzzz! I'm dying to see this :(

you may want to try kloofy.net or subbiee.com :)

Guest haeaznboiyoung

you may want to try kloofy.net or subbiee.com :)

Tytytyty soooo much :P kloofy had it :) If there was a rep button somewhere I'd slam it 20 times for you :P And just for future reference, the movie's available in japaneseguy's cb, but no subs. But thanks to yufeifei you now know where to get them :D

Can someone post up the subs in megaupload, yousendit, sendspace, etc. please? I found the sub file in naynay123's cb but it just won't dl and I'm dying to see this cuz I love HHJ :)

You can download this movie from here.... :phew:투사부일체....or 투사부일체 Don't 4get 2 say thanks 2 someone who upload this movie OK?! :rolleyes: Enjoy the movie!!!! B)

jdhOMGsarangheyo.jpg

• 5 months later...

it's in idol-unlimited, i dl-ed it before there...

i was kinda freaked out when Hyo Joo got bumped by a car and literally went flying off but the movie is really good! plus it taught me the curses in hangul lol :)

• 1 year later...
Guest kaonamp

what a funny and great movie to watch, I watched both parts in one night. Jeong Joon-Ho is so adorable in this movie. He plays the gangster part very well. He looks so HOT in those black suit. I felt Hyo Joo character's could have more develoment but overall it was a great movie.

• 6 months later...
Guest younha486

loved this movie also has my fave actor jeong joon ho really hope he makes a new movie v.v

The way Han Hyo-Joo dies is really shocking x.x

Archived